Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 5
Guests: 40

MND, soulman, Chris_NJ, savethebob, MikeyTBC, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#93
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Meanwhile, the front runner to head the DNC has been an unabashed supporter of Louis Farrakhan and the Muslim Brotherhood, accepted money from Muslim Brotherhood members to perform a hajj, lied about where he got the money, and has supported a separatist area in the US just for blacks.

This is the guy many want to head the DNC!

(He also backed out of an interview with the NYTimes when they told him they'd ask him about his Farrakhan support).

Can you say 8 years of Donald Trump, and maybe 8 more of Ivanka?

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:21
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#92
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And from today's headlines, Muslim Somali migrant uses car and knife to injure 10 Ohio State students. Doubly bad for the loony left who want to bring in more 'refugees' and limit guns. Thankfully the only one dead is the perp.

Makes no difference. Seriously. Should we ban white people due to Roof's decision to murder black people just because?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
This thread continues the great JCList tradition of catering to racists.

"Joe Legal" v. "Jose Illegal" because of course there are no legal people named Jose in the country.

Monroe, you can drink if you want. That doesn't change the fact that Trump appointed a white supremacist as his top adviser. I don't know anyone that has any self-respect finding it acceptable.

Quote:
Yup. You continue to be an idiot.


And you continue to be a phony attacking me behind a silly name. I stand behind what I say. I have seen jobs in this country go to other non-Americans. So I guess you are anti-America.

I've met you and told you to your face that you are an idiot. So, no, I don't just say this behind a keyboard.

You demonstrate your absurd xenophobia routinely. The crap you spew is garbage backed up by nothing more than your own preconceived notions born from stupidity. The planet improves when ideas like yours dissipate...


No you have not, you Pebble hide behind your phony name attacking people. Saying Americans should have jobs instead of going to H1B and illegal immigrants is not xenophobia, it is putting the people in this country first. Liberals really have a hard time being loyal to their own country.

Yes, I have. You started screaming while I talked to you calm. You started spouting off inane comments about how I don't know history, all the while stating things that were not remotely true. I ended the conversation by saying it was a waste of my time to talk with someone so incredibly stupid.

Unlike you, I actually am responsible for hiring people. When I interview someone, I am not going to give the job to a person that is "American" if they are inferior to someone else in skill, training and experience. I want my employees to be the best available.

So, why don't you explain to me the exact reason that I should hire someone less qualified for a job? If I want my company running at its best, hiring the less qualified is beyond stupid.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:12
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#91
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
And from today's headlines, Muslim Somali migrant uses car and knife to injure 10 Ohio State students. Doubly bad for the loony left who want to bring in more 'refugees' and limit guns. Thankfully the only one dead is the perp.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:05
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#90
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4198
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
This thread continues the great JCList tradition of catering to racists.

"Joe Legal" v. "Jose Illegal" because of course there are no legal people named Jose in the country.

Monroe, you can drink if you want. That doesn't change the fact that Trump appointed a white supremacist as his top adviser. I don't know anyone that has any self-respect finding it acceptable.

Quote:
Yup. You continue to be an idiot.


And you continue to be a phony attacking me behind a silly name. I stand behind what I say. I have seen jobs in this country go to other non-Americans. So I guess you are anti-America.

I've met you and told you to your face that you are an idiot. So, no, I don't just say this behind a keyboard.

You demonstrate your absurd xenophobia routinely. The crap you spew is garbage backed up by nothing more than your own preconceived notions born from stupidity. The planet improves when ideas like yours dissipate...


No you have not, you Pebble hide behind your phony name attacking people. Saying Americans should have jobs instead of going to H1B and illegal immigrants is not xenophobia, it is putting the people in this country first. Liberals really have a hard time being loyal to their own country.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 16:41
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#89
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
This thread continues the great JCList tradition of catering to racists.

"Joe Legal" v. "Jose Illegal" because of course there are no legal people named Jose in the country.

Monroe, you can drink if you want. That doesn't change the fact that Trump appointed a white supremacist as his top adviser. I don't know anyone that has any self-respect finding it acceptable.

Quote:
Yup. You continue to be an idiot.


And you continue to be a phony attacking me behind a silly name. I stand behind what I say. I have seen jobs in this country go to other non-Americans. So I guess you are anti-America.

I've met you and told you to your face that you are an idiot. So, no, I don't just say this behind a keyboard.

You demonstrate your absurd xenophobia routinely. The crap you spew is garbage backed up by nothing more than your own preconceived notions born from stupidity. The planet improves when ideas like yours dissipate...

Posted on: 2016/11/28 16:31
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#88
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4198
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
This thread continues the great JCList tradition of catering to racists.

"Joe Legal" v. "Jose Illegal" because of course there are no legal people named Jose in the country.

Monroe, you can drink if you want. That doesn't change the fact that Trump appointed a white supremacist as his top adviser. I don't know anyone that has any self-respect finding it acceptable.

Quote:
Yup. You continue to be an idiot.


And you continue to be a phony attacking me behind a silly name. I stand behind what I say. I have seen jobs in this country go to other non-Americans. So I guess you are anti-America.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 16:12
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#87
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
This thread continues the great JCList tradition of catering to racists.

"Joe Legal" v. "Jose Illegal" because of course there are no legal people named Jose in the country.

Monroe, you can drink if you want. That doesn't change the fact that Trump appointed a white supremacist as his top adviser. I don't know anyone that has any self-respect finding it acceptable.

Quote:
Yup. You continue to be an idiot.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 15:56
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#86
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/7/13 11:03
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4326
Offline
Jersey City has always been welcoming to immigrants so why the reason to boast about it ? I think maybe it's because the mayor of this city wants to cater to those immigrants who are here illegally then raise a family here the same way as well. Time spent does not make this right so correct the problem, arrest them and send them back...all of them. It is a federal offence (in this case) to harbor criminals, especially when they work under the table and steal jobs from real Americans

Posted on: 2016/11/27 9:01
Get on your bikes and ride !
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#85
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/24 20:34
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 320
Offline
Poor kids.

Posted on: 2016/11/26 21:54
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#84
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4198
Offline

Posted on: 2016/11/26 16:52
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#83
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2275
Offline

Jersey City will protect immigrants from 'hate and prejudice,' councilman says

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM, updated November 23, 2016 at 11:14 AM

JERSEY CITY — The City Council last night passed a measure reaffirming Jersey City's status as a safe haven and sanctuary for undocumented immigrants, with Council President Rolando Lavarro citing the "unashamed" messages of hate emanating from white supremacists in recent weeks.

The measure, which passed unanimously, is intended to show the city's immigrant population that the city "will protect all its residents from hate and prejudice," Lavarro said last night. The measure is similar to one adopted by the council in 1996.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... grants_from_hate_and.html


Posted on: 2016/11/23 16:32
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#82
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2275
Offline

Can N.J.'s immigrant 'sanctuary' cities survive under Trump?

By Jessica Mazzola | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 20, 2016 at 11:01 AM, updated November 20, 2016 at 12:09 PM

NEWARK — New Jersey cities that refuse to implement federal immigration enforcement may not be breaking the law, but they could be setting themselves up to face some serious consequences under president-elect Donald Trump's administration, immigration law experts say.

The responsibility of enforcing federal immigration laws, experts say, falls to the federal government. Acts like detaining and deporting undocumented immigrants "are not up to individual cities to enforce," said Newark immigration lawyer Robert Frank.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/201 ... ties_survive_under_t.html


Posted on: 2016/11/20 21:28
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#81
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]
JCMan8 wrote:


From the NY Senate website:


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744


I'm not saying I totally disagree with you about the cost of illegals, but I don't think you can easily substantiate the statement that the costs of illegal immigration far outweigh its benefits. Furthermore, to simply state that businesses would make less profit without employing illegals and instead employing Americans is also a pretty simplistic statement. There are plenty of jobs out there that could easily be filled by Americans who choose to simply work the system and receive government benefits rather than work, and that is not the illegals' fault. There are plenty more Americans that are simply unemployable as well, i.e. mentally ill, disabled, etc. and also cost taxpayers a lot. Yes, illegals cause problems and cost tax dollars, but if all of them were deported immediately and the border with Mexico was heavily fortified, the lack of low-cost labor would cause plenty of problems too.


At least for now, Trump isn't saying he will immediately deport all illegals. Instead, he is targeting the worst 2-3 million with additional criminal records for deportation.

We also need harsher penalties on employers who hire illegals, which Trump also said he will do.

And yes, he wants to heavily fortify the border with Mexico.

All of these are great proposals that will benefit Americans and I believe he will accomplish them.


It seems Trump's strategy is to come out slingin' with lots of hyperbolic, tug on your emotions type rhetoric... and then walk it back and compromise to something more moderate.

It's like the old joke "Hey mom, guess what? I'm having a baby. Just kidding, but I did get a C on my math test."

I find it to be a pretty smart political strategy. But I don't think Trump wants or will get close to building a wall.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 14:44
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#80
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3240
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]
JCMan8 wrote:


From the NY Senate website:


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744


I'm not saying I totally disagree with you about the cost of illegals, but I don't think you can easily substantiate the statement that the costs of illegal immigration far outweigh its benefits. Furthermore, to simply state that businesses would make less profit without employing illegals and instead employing Americans is also a pretty simplistic statement. There are plenty of jobs out there that could easily be filled by Americans who choose to simply work the system and receive government benefits rather than work, and that is not the illegals' fault. There are plenty more Americans that are simply unemployable as well, i.e. mentally ill, disabled, etc. and also cost taxpayers a lot. Yes, illegals cause problems and cost tax dollars, but if all of them were deported immediately and the border with Mexico was heavily fortified, the lack of low-cost labor would cause plenty of problems too.


Serious question: why is it that so many "progressives" or liberals are so quick to denounce poor Americans as being willing to game the system, but refute that logic/thinking when it comes to illegal immigrants? Of course, I don't at all dispute the fact/assumption that many Americans choose to "game the system" and find ways to get more than they should, but I just don't understand how is it that the same logic and assumptions is considered verboten when it comes to applying it to illegal immigrants.

For the record, I do know a lot of illegal immigrants (some who have overstayed their visas, some who came here illegally) and most are hard working individuals trying to "make it" but I also know some that do game the system and go to great lengths to extract every possible benefit, regardless of whether that benefit is legally theirs.

Posted on: 2016/11/20 13:53
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#79
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]
JCMan8 wrote:


From the NY Senate website:


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744


I'm not saying I totally disagree with you about the cost of illegals, but I don't think you can easily substantiate the statement that the costs of illegal immigration far outweigh its benefits. Furthermore, to simply state that businesses would make less profit without employing illegals and instead employing Americans is also a pretty simplistic statement. There are plenty of jobs out there that could easily be filled by Americans who choose to simply work the system and receive government benefits rather than work, and that is not the illegals' fault. There are plenty more Americans that are simply unemployable as well, i.e. mentally ill, disabled, etc. and also cost taxpayers a lot. Yes, illegals cause problems and cost tax dollars, but if all of them were deported immediately and the border with Mexico was heavily fortified, the lack of low-cost labor would cause plenty of problems too.


At least for now, Trump isn't saying he will immediately deport all illegals. Instead, he is targeting the worst 2-3 million with additional criminal records for deportation.

We also need harsher penalties on employers who hire illegals, which Trump also said he will do.

And yes, he wants to heavily fortify the border with Mexico.

All of these are great proposals that will benefit Americans and I believe he will accomplish them.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 17:33
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#78
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1127
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
[quote]
JCMan8 wrote:


From the NY Senate website:


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744


I'm not saying I totally disagree with you about the cost of illegals, but I don't think you can easily substantiate the statement that the costs of illegal immigration far outweigh its benefits. Furthermore, to simply state that businesses would make less profit without employing illegals and instead employing Americans is also a pretty simplistic statement. There are plenty of jobs out there that could easily be filled by Americans who choose to simply work the system and receive government benefits rather than work, and that is not the illegals' fault. There are plenty more Americans that are simply unemployable as well, i.e. mentally ill, disabled, etc. and also cost taxpayers a lot. Yes, illegals cause problems and cost tax dollars, but if all of them were deported immediately and the border with Mexico was heavily fortified, the lack of low-cost labor would cause plenty of problems too.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 17:17
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#77
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744

Posted on: 2016/11/19 16:49
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#76
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1127
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).

Posted on: 2016/11/19 16:07
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#75
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1343
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????



Ahhh.... this from a guy who interprets a simple question about a new neighborhood bakery, "Notice the hours?' to be xenophobic. I have a whole lot of faith in your ability to read and comprehend.


It's hilarious that you think you are in any position to be criticizing anyone's reading comprehension. If that's how you interpreted that thread it's no surprise you seem to have difficulty following any sort of logic when it's comes to politics.


Buddy, all I did was ask the store hours to a new French Bakery on York Street? Then the crazy responses happened and you blamed it all on me and my simple question. The mass hysteria sweeping the country being instigated by the alt-left media needs to stop. It has you and your friends whipped in to this inconsolable frenzy. I am seeing FB posts from people saying they will NEVER forgive anyone who voted for Trump.

The democrat party has some blame here too... If they put up any candidate other than Hillary, all these people that voted for Obama 2x never would have turned their backs on the democrats. To see a 70 year old white woman pandering to the minority community, telling black audiences she carries hot sauce in her purse everywhere... she is already teaching her grand kids Spanish. Terrible. And those voters weren't fooled, they were turned off. In fact Trump received more votes from the minority communities than Romney.

I hope it makes people feel better if I promise 100% that we will NEVER see concentration camps put up the rail yard over at LPS. I stress never just so you don't misunderstand my comment. BTW have you visited the Café? Wonderful pastries.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 12:39
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#74
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 267
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Racist! Drink!



Well now we know how you manage to live with yourself :)

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:38
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#73
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4198
Offline
We had health care workers visit my school in NYC about 10 years ago. The purpose was to inform the students that NYC provides free dental care for any student regardless of income or legal status up to the age of 21. The students took the information home to their parents. I am sure many illegal immigrants took advantage of that program. Think about this -any American child from another state was not eligible but an illegal living in NYC was eligible.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:37
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#72
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 267
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????



Ahhh.... this from a guy who interprets a simple question about a new neighborhood bakery, "Notice the hours?' to be xenophobic. I have a whole lot of faith in your ability to read and comprehend.


It's hilarious that you think you are in any position to be criticizing anyone's reading comprehension. If that's how you interpreted that thread it's no surprise you seem to have difficulty following any sort of logic when it's comes to politics.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:36
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#71
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive

Posted on: 2016/11/18 22:43
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#70
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1127
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.



.


I agree that illegal immigration is a problem, but the analysis doesn't completely make sense to me. Perhaps I'm ignorant here.

I was with you until you got to the part about health insurance coverage. How does Joe Illegal get "full coverage" for free from medical and dental clinics, and even if he does, is the quality of care all that great? As an illegal, Medicaid is out of the question.

Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something.

Also, what is that separate insurance for $ 200 per month you're talking about since Joe Legal is already paying $ 600 per month for health insurance? Is that car insurance?

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:27
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#69
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3240
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.



This would be funnier, and more persuasive, if the math was correct.

Either you meant 30%, and got the math wrong, or you meant 40% and that would be a gross exaggeration of how much an individual earning 50K would have to pay in income taxes.

And, for the record, I am very much against illegal immigration.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:18
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#68
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 705
Offline
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.


Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:59
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#67
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
ER visits by illegal aliens cost billions/year.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:57
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#66
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2148
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Access to any state id or federal id like a social security number, real or fake, provides instant access by illegal aliens to any number of state or federal resources. There is thriving industry of recycling SS# of dead people. Many states do not even bother to check and in some cases just create numbers to get the illegals into the system.



Back when I was able to run detailed credit reports on prospective tenants, I would occasionally get multiple names (with associated accounts) showing up on the report.

One guy, who was white had two Indian names show up with related employment records. Another (still a tenant) had an anagram of her name. Turns out it was a relative who stole her identity.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 12:42
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#65
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1343
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.


We have zero obligation to house, feed, provide healthcare, etc to illegal aliens, especially when we have citizens that go hungry and veterans who need medical care.

News flash! Sanctuary cities don't do any of those things.

In most cases, they just don't inform ICE when they are going to release someone from custody who may be an unauthorized immigrant. Some cities also have policies not to ask about immigration status.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for any federal or state benefits. They don't get subsidized housing, they don't get AFDC, they are typically barred from Medicaid, etc. The majority of the costs to the state is education; and since many of their children are in fact US citizens, the result is that the costs of that community are fairly small.

As to the Americans who go hungry and need medical care? Aside from the fact that it's going to cost a lot of money to attempt (and mostly fail) to secure the border, to investigate cases, and deport those immigrants: Spending on undocumented immigrants certainly does not stop us from fully funding those programs.

The reality is that we spend 75% of the federal budget on the military, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the debt. Meanwhile, the VA is around 4% of annual spending. Unsurprisingly, many of the same people who scream about undocumented immigrants are also happy to cut funding for AFDC and other safety nets.

So much alt-left spin... Access to any state id or federal id like a social security number, real or fake, provides instant access by illegal aliens to any number of state or federal resources. There is thriving industry of recycling SS# of dead people. Many states do not even bother to check and in some cases just create numbers to get the illegals into the system.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 12:16
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#64
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 831
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.


We have zero obligation to house, feed, provide healthcare, etc to illegal aliens, especially when we have citizens that go hungry and veterans who need medical care.

News flash! Sanctuary cities don't do any of those things.

In most cases, they just don't inform ICE when they are going to release someone from custody who may be an unauthorized immigrant. Some cities also have policies not to ask about immigration status.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for any federal or state benefits. They don't get subsidized housing, they don't get AFDC, they are typically barred from Medicaid, etc. The majority of the costs to the state is education; and since many of their children are in fact US citizens, the result is that the costs of that community are fairly small.

As to the Americans who go hungry and need medical care? Aside from the fact that it's going to cost a lot of money to attempt (and mostly fail) to secure the border, to investigate cases, and deport those immigrants: Spending on undocumented immigrants certainly does not stop us from fully funding those programs.

The reality is that we spend 75% of the federal budget on the military, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the debt. Meanwhile, the VA is around 4% of annual spending. Unsurprisingly, many of the same people who scream about undocumented immigrants are also happy to cut funding for AFDC and other safety nets.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 11:02
Print Top




« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017