Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
29 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 29

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#77
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2823
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).


The costs of illegal immigration (via job competition, taxpayer funded free education, free emergency healthcare, and free local, state, and sometimes federal benefits) far outweigh the benefits (a fraction of them take jobs that are on the books and pay taxes into programs that they presently cannot collect, such as social security).

If a business can't survive without paying below-minimum wage (because that's why you'd hire an illegal), it quite simply may not deserve to survive. After all, isn't that the argument "progressives" make in response to conservatives' objections to raising the minimum wage?

Also, I suspect it is fear mongering to assert that these businesses wouldn't survive. These jobs would get filled, only by Americans, and most likely at a higher wage. The owner would simply make less profit.

If you read the NY Senate explanation for why illegals receive state and local benefits even though they are not legally entitled to them, I'm not sure there are any sort of reliable statistics. All they need to present is fake ID, which is easily obtained, and it's not like the government is keeping track of the difference.

I suspect the only sort of statistics you will find will be partisan. Either from some liberal think tank who wants to produce some rigged study that supposedly shows illegals are actually a great benefit to the economy (which flies in the face of common sense), or from conservative sites like this one, which claims that illegals receive more welfare than American families.

Cashing in: Illegal immigrants get $1,261 more welfare than American families, $5,692 vs. $4,431


http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/ill ... -families/article/2590744

Posted on: 2016/11/19 16:49
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#76
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1091
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive


Alright, you've quoted a reliable source and was well aware that the children of illegals have a right to public education in the United States.

But I'd really love to know some statistics on the volume of welfare benefits received by illegal aliens. I can't imagine it being that substantial nor do I think there are very many leading a lifestyle like the one you described for Joe Illegal. Most illegals from what I've seen are large numbers cramped in small apartments and barely getting by after they send money back home. They are not exactly living a lavish or anything close to a middle class lifestyle. Illegal aliens are certainly a problem but I think it is greatly exaggerated by the press and politicians. There are a lot of jobs out there that would never get filled and businesses that couldn't survive without them (i.e. restaurants, car washes, cleaning, etc.).

Posted on: 2016/11/19 16:07
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#75
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1182
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????



Ahhh.... this from a guy who interprets a simple question about a new neighborhood bakery, "Notice the hours?' to be xenophobic. I have a whole lot of faith in your ability to read and comprehend.


It's hilarious that you think you are in any position to be criticizing anyone's reading comprehension. If that's how you interpreted that thread it's no surprise you seem to have difficulty following any sort of logic when it's comes to politics.


Buddy, all I did was ask the store hours to a new French Bakery on York Street? Then the crazy responses happened and you blamed it all on me and my simple question. The mass hysteria sweeping the country being instigated by the alt-left media needs to stop. It has you and your friends whipped in to this inconsolable frenzy. I am seeing FB posts from people saying they will NEVER forgive anyone who voted for Trump.

The democrat party has some blame here too... If they put up any candidate other than Hillary, all these people that voted for Obama 2x never would have turned their backs on the democrats. To see a 70 year old white woman pandering to the minority community, telling black audiences she carries hot sauce in her purse everywhere... she is already teaching her grand kids Spanish. Terrible. And those voters weren't fooled, they were turned off. In fact Trump received more votes from the minority communities than Romney.

I hope it makes people feel better if I promise 100% that we will NEVER see concentration camps put up the rail yard over at LPS. I stress never just so you don't misunderstand my comment. BTW have you visited the Café? Wonderful pastries.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 12:39
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#74
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 223
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Racist! Drink!



Well now we know how you manage to live with yourself :)

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:38
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#73
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3939
Offline
We had health care workers visit my school in NYC about 10 years ago. The purpose was to inform the students that NYC provides free dental care for any student regardless of income or legal status up to the age of 21. The students took the information home to their parents. I am sure many illegal immigrants took advantage of that program. Think about this -any American child from another state was not eligible but an illegal living in NYC was eligible.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:37
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#72
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 223
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????



Ahhh.... this from a guy who interprets a simple question about a new neighborhood bakery, "Notice the hours?' to be xenophobic. I have a whole lot of faith in your ability to read and comprehend.


It's hilarious that you think you are in any position to be criticizing anyone's reading comprehension. If that's how you interpreted that thread it's no surprise you seem to have difficulty following any sort of logic when it's comes to politics.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 11:36
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#71
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2823
Offline
Caj, you are mistaken about at least this point:

"Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something."

In fact, illegal immigrants can receive benefits, which is a huge problem, compounding the problem caused by illegal immigration itself.

From the NY Senate website:

What Benefits Can Illegal Aliens Receive?

"Education. As a result of a 1982 Supreme Court decision, states are required to provide K-12 public education for students without legal immigrant status. "

"Mental Hygiene. Hospitals have a responsibility to treat patients with emergency medical conditions, including mental illnesses."

"Welfare. Whether illegal aliens can obtain state benefits is not clear-cut. The short answer appears to be that they are not legally entitled to most benefits, but do in fact receive them."

"A fair interpretation of the federal statute and state regulation must result in the conclusion that illegal aliens should not receive any form of state public assistance. However, illegal aliens do, in fact, receive state public benefits. That's because the burden of determining lawful status in the U.S. is on the shoulders of county social services employees who have neither the legal jurisdiction nor the practical ability to determine one's immigration status. Only an immigration official or federal worker whom the Secretary of Homeland Security has authorized may determine the immigration status of a person in the country.

Typically, any proof an illegal alien provides as evidence of legal status, regardless of its fraudulent nature, will satisfy social services agencies that determine the person's benefit eligibility because an intake clerk simply cannot make the determination that someone is an illegal alien. Therefore, the law is usually overlooked and illegal aliens manage to qualify for state and local benefits."

https://www.nysenate.gov/newsroom/arti ... an-illegal-aliens-receive

Posted on: 2016/11/18 22:43
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#70
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1091
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.



.


I agree that illegal immigration is a problem, but the analysis doesn't completely make sense to me. Perhaps I'm ignorant here.

I was with you until you got to the part about health insurance coverage. How does Joe Illegal get "full coverage" for free from medical and dental clinics, and even if he does, is the quality of care all that great? As an illegal, Medicaid is out of the question.

Also, how does Joe Illegal get food stamps and welfare or a federal rent subsidy? Illegals get instantly deported if they apply for benefits although I'm guessing you imply that Joe Illegal can falsify his family's identity or something.

Also, what is that separate insurance for $ 200 per month you're talking about since Joe Legal is already paying $ 600 per month for health insurance? Is that car insurance?

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:27
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#69
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/8/12 14:31
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3054
Offline
Quote:

135jc wrote:
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.



This would be funnier, and more persuasive, if the math was correct.

Either you meant 30%, and got the math wrong, or you meant 40% and that would be a gross exaggeration of how much an individual earning 50K would have to pay in income taxes.

And, for the record, I am very much against illegal immigration.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:18
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#68
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 575
Offline
This might be a bit of an exaggeration but it makes a point and seems relative to the discussion.

You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California.

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention...

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.00 per year. Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics at a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps and welfare. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $9,631.00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month federal rent subsidy. Jose Illegal pays $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc.

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month.

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same school. Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.


Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:59
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#67
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3910
Offline
ER visits by illegal aliens cost billions/year.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:57
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#66
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2065
Offline
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Access to any state id or federal id like a social security number, real or fake, provides instant access by illegal aliens to any number of state or federal resources. There is thriving industry of recycling SS# of dead people. Many states do not even bother to check and in some cases just create numbers to get the illegals into the system.



Back when I was able to run detailed credit reports on prospective tenants, I would occasionally get multiple names (with associated accounts) showing up on the report.

One guy, who was white had two Indian names show up with related employment records. Another (still a tenant) had an anagram of her name. Turns out it was a relative who stole her identity.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 12:42
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#65
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1182
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.


We have zero obligation to house, feed, provide healthcare, etc to illegal aliens, especially when we have citizens that go hungry and veterans who need medical care.

News flash! Sanctuary cities don't do any of those things.

In most cases, they just don't inform ICE when they are going to release someone from custody who may be an unauthorized immigrant. Some cities also have policies not to ask about immigration status.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for any federal or state benefits. They don't get subsidized housing, they don't get AFDC, they are typically barred from Medicaid, etc. The majority of the costs to the state is education; and since many of their children are in fact US citizens, the result is that the costs of that community are fairly small.

As to the Americans who go hungry and need medical care? Aside from the fact that it's going to cost a lot of money to attempt (and mostly fail) to secure the border, to investigate cases, and deport those immigrants: Spending on undocumented immigrants certainly does not stop us from fully funding those programs.

The reality is that we spend 75% of the federal budget on the military, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the debt. Meanwhile, the VA is around 4% of annual spending. Unsurprisingly, many of the same people who scream about undocumented immigrants are also happy to cut funding for AFDC and other safety nets.

So much alt-left spin... Access to any state id or federal id like a social security number, real or fake, provides instant access by illegal aliens to any number of state or federal resources. There is thriving industry of recycling SS# of dead people. Many states do not even bother to check and in some cases just create numbers to get the illegals into the system.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 12:16
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#64
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 775
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.


We have zero obligation to house, feed, provide healthcare, etc to illegal aliens, especially when we have citizens that go hungry and veterans who need medical care.

News flash! Sanctuary cities don't do any of those things.

In most cases, they just don't inform ICE when they are going to release someone from custody who may be an unauthorized immigrant. Some cities also have policies not to ask about immigration status.

Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for any federal or state benefits. They don't get subsidized housing, they don't get AFDC, they are typically barred from Medicaid, etc. The majority of the costs to the state is education; and since many of their children are in fact US citizens, the result is that the costs of that community are fairly small.

As to the Americans who go hungry and need medical care? Aside from the fact that it's going to cost a lot of money to attempt (and mostly fail) to secure the border, to investigate cases, and deport those immigrants: Spending on undocumented immigrants certainly does not stop us from fully funding those programs.

The reality is that we spend 75% of the federal budget on the military, Social Security, Medicare, and interest on the debt. Meanwhile, the VA is around 4% of annual spending. Unsurprisingly, many of the same people who scream about undocumented immigrants are also happy to cut funding for AFDC and other safety nets.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 11:02
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#63
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1182
Offline
I love hearing leftists now blaming the alt-left media for electing Trump. Free media attention.... played them like a fiddle.

Apparently the socialist-communists in power and the alt-left media propagandists also failed to communicate that their phony message of an all inclusive hope and change racial/gender free society. It was not felt by a significant number of people who exercised their right to vote. BTW voting is not racist... yet.

I would suggest the socialists go back and look a candidate nominating process where the power of unelected super delegates exceeds that of the elected delegates... that is a system that puts forth corrupt candidates like Hillary.



Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Wow, Pebble recovered after the crushing blow on Nov 9. And he's back to his usual babble - racist this, racist that... No lessons learned, nada.

Still looking at the world through the lens of racism.

It is more complex than that.

What lesson should be learned?

Saying JCMan8 is a racist isn't an opinion. It's a fact. This website is known as a racist hangout. That is also a fact.

The only thing this election taught us was that if you hand one person $5 billion in free media (lol at those bitching about the media when they got your guy elected) and you depress the vote enough a guy will come into office and put a white nationalist as his top advisor.

Ultimately, you decided that you are ok with a racist as president. I guess this is a result of you being a racist or so abjectly uneducated that you actually think the economy is bad.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 7:37
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#62
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3910
Offline
Racist! Drink!


Posted on: 2016/11/18 7:33
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#61
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1832
Offline
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Wow, Pebble recovered after the crushing blow on Nov 9. And he's back to his usual babble - racist this, racist that... No lessons learned, nada.

Still looking at the world through the lens of racism.

It is more complex than that.

What lesson should be learned?

Saying JCMan8 is a racist isn't an opinion. It's a fact. This website is known as a racist hangout. That is also a fact.

The only thing this election taught us was that if you hand one person $5 billion in free media (lol at those bitching about the media when they got your guy elected) and you depress the vote enough a guy will come into office and put a white nationalist as his top advisor.

Ultimately, you decided that you are ok with a racist as president. I guess this is a result of you being a racist or so abjectly uneducated that you actually think the economy is bad.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 7:00
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#60
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1182
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????



Ahhh.... this from a guy who interprets a simple question about a new neighborhood bakery, "Notice the hours?' to be xenophobic. I have a whole lot of faith in your ability to read and comprehend.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 6:59
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#59
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3910
Offline
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.


We have zero obligation to house, feed, provide healthcare, etc to illegal aliens, especially when we have citizens that go hungry and veterans who need medical care.

But keep it up, your attitude will keep Trump in place for a second term.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 6:46
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#58
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/9/16 15:15
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 337
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .


False dichotomy. We can be safe and protect the human rights of undocumented people at the same time. The thought of rounding people up is very uncomfortable when we have white supremacists advising the President Elect.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 1:01
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#57
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3910
Offline
Seemingly, some of the Democrats here are doubling down on the 'progressive' thoughts of protecting illegal immigrants over the well being of our citizens.

Er, look where that got you 9 days ago . . .

Posted on: 2016/11/17 22:46
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#56
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/9/15 15:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8892
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Trump...oppose(s) illegal immigrants...


Trump's wife worked illegally during her first weeks in the US, documents show

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/ ... in-us-documents-show.html


A 'handful' of gigs, 'weeks' before she was legit. I can live with that.


http://nypost.com/2016/08/01/melania- ... from-racy-shoot-revealed/

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/ ... auss-first-lady-erections

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:57
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#55
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 575
Offline
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
So you consider children who were brought into the US by their parents when they were minor criminals?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals:

Improper Entry Is a Crime

To be clear, the most common crime associated with illegal immigration is likely improper entry. Under federal criminal law, it is misdemeanor for an alien (i.e., a non-citizen) to:
Enter or attempt to enter the United States at any time or place other than designated by immigration officers;
Elude examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempt to enter or obtain entry to the United States by willfully concealing, falsifying, or misrepresenting material facts.
The punishment under this federal law is no more than six months of incarceration and up to $250 in civil penalties for each illegal entry. These acts of improper entry -- including the mythic "border jumping" -- are criminal acts associated with illegally immigrating to the United States.

Like all other criminal charges in the United States, improper entry must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict.



What is wrong with you people? Get back on topic. This is about reporting illegal aliens that are criminals. No one is suggesting going after law abiding immigrants

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:51
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#54
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/9/14 14:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 943
Offline
you didn't answer my question

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:49
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#53
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2823
Offline
What I "consider" is irrelevant. The law is the law. Improper entry into the United States is a crime, and I corrected someone who was spreading incorrect information.

In any event, this discussion is starting to go in circles. President Trump will handle this problem as he sees fit.

Quote:

AlexC wrote:
So you consider children who were brought into the US by their parents when they were minor criminals?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals:

Improper Entry Is a Crime

To be clear, the most common crime associated with illegal immigration is likely improper entry. Under federal criminal law, it is misdemeanor for an alien (i.e., a non-citizen) to:
Enter or attempt to enter the United States at any time or place other than designated by immigration officers;
Elude examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempt to enter or obtain entry to the United States by willfully concealing, falsifying, or misrepresenting material facts.
The punishment under this federal law is no more than six months of incarceration and up to $250 in civil penalties for each illegal entry. These acts of improper entry -- including the mythic "border jumping" -- are criminal acts associated with illegally immigrating to the United States.

Like all other criminal charges in the United States, improper entry must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:32
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#52
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2014/8/25 15:18
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 223
Offline
Holy crap does JCMAN8 only leave the house for klan rallies?? JClist has become 90% him spouting racist shit and then claiming it's not racist by some backwards logic that only he understands. Can we can an ignore feature????

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:27
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#51
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/9/14 14:57
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 943
Offline
So you consider children who were brought into the US by their parents when they were minor criminals?

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals:

Improper Entry Is a Crime

To be clear, the most common crime associated with illegal immigration is likely improper entry. Under federal criminal law, it is misdemeanor for an alien (i.e., a non-citizen) to:
Enter or attempt to enter the United States at any time or place other than designated by immigration officers;
Elude examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempt to enter or obtain entry to the United States by willfully concealing, falsifying, or misrepresenting material facts.
The punishment under this federal law is no more than six months of incarceration and up to $250 in civil penalties for each illegal entry. These acts of improper entry -- including the mythic "border jumping" -- are criminal acts associated with illegally immigrating to the United States.

Like all other criminal charges in the United States, improper entry must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 21:15
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#50
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2823
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals...

No one owns facts.

For example: 30-40% of undocumented immigrants did, in fact, enter the US legally. Those individuals overstayed their visas, and while this can result in deportation and other serious consequences, it is not classified as a criminal offense. The three points you cited don't apply to overstays.

We should note this number is on the rise, as most of the undocumented immigrants are now coming from Asia, not the Americas.


I already said that overstaying your visa is not a crime, though the penalty is deportation.

My post debunked SOS's blatant lie that illegal entry into the United States is not a crime. It is, and these illegal immigrants are criminal by definition.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:39
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#49
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/8/6 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 775
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals...

No one owns facts.

For example: 30-40% of undocumented immigrants did, in fact, enter the US legally. Those individuals overstayed their visas, and while this can result in deportation and other serious consequences, it is not classified as a criminal offense. The three points you cited don't apply to overstays.

We should note this number is on the rise, as most of the undocumented immigrants are now coming from Asia, not the Americas.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 19:28
Print Top


Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
#48
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2823
Offline
And this us from my link. A shame that you have to resort to your own "facts" to defend criminals:

Improper Entry Is a Crime

To be clear, the most common crime associated with illegal immigration is likely improper entry. Under federal criminal law, it is misdemeanor for an alien (i.e., a non-citizen) to:
Enter or attempt to enter the United States at any time or place other than designated by immigration officers;
Elude examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
Attempt to enter or obtain entry to the United States by willfully concealing, falsifying, or misrepresenting material facts.
The punishment under this federal law is no more than six months of incarceration and up to $250 in civil penalties for each illegal entry. These acts of improper entry -- including the mythic "border jumping" -- are criminal acts associated with illegally immigrating to the United States.

Like all other criminal charges in the United States, improper entry must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt in order to convict.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 17:20
Print Top




« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017