Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bill Matsikoudis for Jersey City Mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Matsikoudis rounds out at-large council slate in Jersey City

JERSEY CITY -- Bill Matsikoudis, the former corporation counsel seeking to unseat Mayor Steve Fulop this November, has finalized his trio of at-large City Council candidates.

Matsikoudis announced this morning in an email to supporters that Esther Wintner, the West Side activist who heads local good government group Civic JC, will run for an at-large council seat on his ticket.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_slate_for_jersey_c.html

Posted on: 2017/7/18 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I think Dr. Nick Riviera has a teeny weeny little crush on Yvonne..so much attention and banter...kind of like when you'd chase your crush around the playground....

Posted on: 2017/7/16 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
People who never attends meetings on important issues have a lot to say, you fall in that category nick.

Posted on: 2017/7/13 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Unlike you so call doctor, I am not fooled. I read the council agenda and I attend the meetings. I know what is being passed by the council. Very little on the agenda comes from the council members, it comes from the mayor. Spending is at a all time high. Healy's last budget $485 million - Fulop's budget $589 million. Spending is out of control.

What nonsense. This is Yvonne's last chance to retain some power and influence in a city that's long moved past the 1970s and her toxic views of her ilk.

If this moron wins, it's 100% a guarantee that things we enjoy and have been overall good for the city like the pedestrian plaza will be going away. There will be no continued investment in bike infrastructure as street parking and surface level parking lots will be preserved at all cost, maybe with a few new municipal garages thrown in here and there to decay and mar the streetscape. Any new developments that could make JC and attraction on its own, like SciTech City, will be absolutely dead in the water.

I surely hope your vocal backing as well as past associations with this this idiot get brought up and it will be hilarious to see him throw you under the bus in an effort to distance himself from your toxic views. It will fortunately be too little too late.

Posted on: 2017/7/13 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
I'd love to see more emphasis on quality of life issues Downtown. I'm tired of stepping around crumbling, weed strewn sidewalks and walking past the same dilapidated buildings and abandoned lots every day. I want the city to start aggressively fining these deadbeat property owners. Hopefully most will just sell to more responsible citizens when their taxes double or triple as a result of the reval.

I'm also tired of the treeless streets and trees being cut down by the city without being replaced. They even leave the stumps in place, so property owners can't replace them on their own dime without having to pay for an expensive removal. If Downtown is going to contribute the lion's share of taxes, Fulop should start outlining policies to address some of these things.

It's quite telling that Healy #2 doesn't have any real policy specifics on his website, just vague one or two sentence platitudes. "I'm not Fulop" might work on people like Yvonne and her neighborhood association NIMBYs, but most people won't be fooled.

Good points, thank you doctor. Now put them to work when the debates are scheduled. These are the questions that should be asked. I want to know what the city is going to do about the potholes ? They are either not filled or are poorly addressed. Makes it hard and dangerous trying to navigate the roads on a bicycle which will result in injury or damages to the bike. I want to know what their action plan is. Hopefully Yvonne will put this on her list when she holds are share of debates. And by the way Nick your plight is dwarfed compared to the Heights equally important but we're dealing with the same ten-fold.

Posted on: 2017/7/13 0:03
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Unlike you so call doctor, I am not fooled. I read the council agenda and I attend the meetings. I know what is being passed by the council. Very little on the agenda comes from the council members, it comes from the mayor. Spending is at a all time high. Healy's last budget $485 million - Fulop's budget $589 million. Spending is out of control.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
I'd love to see more emphasis on quality of life issues Downtown. I'm tired of stepping around crumbling, weed strewn sidewalks and walking past the same dilapidated buildings and abandoned lots every day. I want the city to start aggressively fining these deadbeat property owners. Hopefully most will just sell to more responsible citizens when their taxes double or triple as a result of the reval.

I'm also tired of the treeless streets and trees being cut down by the city without being replaced. They even leave the stumps in place, so property owners can't replace them on their own dime without having to pay for an expensive removal. If Downtown is going to contribute the lion's share of taxes, Fulop should start outlining policies to address some of these things.

It's quite telling that Healy #2 doesn't have any real policy specifics on his website, just vague one or two sentence platitudes. "I'm not Fulop" might work on people like Yvonne and her neighborhood association NIMBYs, but most people won't be fooled.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Spending is high because Fulop is busy padding the payroll with new hires. Healy did not have the strong economic climate that Fulop is enjoying. When Wall Street does well, investors spend money on buildings. It is the reason for the boomed.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Since Healy's last budget spending has increased $104 million so I don't buy that Fulop is the better choice.

...while city services have gone up and municipal taxes remained flat. As a homeowner the +90% tax increase under Healy was horrible while there was nothing to show for it. Of course you will say "but county taxes are up" and blame the Mayor for that. Ultimately, your fixation with the Mayor is well known but your support for the Healy Holdover is a likely death knell for him, so please support him! It is also confusing that you did not support Healy 4 years ago, but support his lackey now? Now I expect a typical Yvonne pivot in 3, 2, 1...

Posted on: 2017/7/12 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Since Healy's last budget spending has increased $104 million so I don't buy that Fulop is the better choice.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Sadly, as flawed as Fulop is due to his ambition, he's still far better than the old school machine represented by Matsikoudis. The sops he tosses to the citizens are at least better quality. Healy left few visible marks of improvement in 8 years as mayor. He mainly kept the HCDO Machine and the developers greased.

Too bad we don't have a Dawn Zimmer. Even after 8 years the HCDO players still can't believe she wasn't interested in county patronage jobs (the currency of the kingdom) for "her people" like every other HC player. But It's doubtful someone who doesn't play to the ward power brokers like Cunningham could get elected, so we're stuck with the least bad we can get.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Why gross? (Serious question)

Mr. Matsikoudis is nothing but what we call a Healy Holdover (HH). Yes, Fulop was disappointing but do you really want to return to a Healy-style administration with this HH?

Given that he claims he's so against wasteful spending, maybe he should explain why he wasted a ton of city's money fighting something (election date change), that was upheld by the voters in a referendum, not once, but twice.

He should also be forced to explain why he has zero problems associating himself with disgusting bigot and "community activist", Yvonne and what role she would play in his administration. She should rightfully become an albatross around his neck.

Posted on: 2017/7/12 17:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:

Mr. Matsikoudis is nothing but what we call a Healy Holdover (HH). Yes, Fulop was disappointing but do you really want to return to a Healy-style administration with this HH?

Posted on: 2017/7/12 3:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Meet the Greek Who Is Running for Jersey City Mayor

Running for Mayor of Jersey City Bill Matsikoudis says that he intends to bring the Hellenic values to the city if elected in the November 7 elections.

In an exclusive interview with the Greek Reporter, Matsikoudis, who was the chief attorney for Jersey City for nine years, spoke about the Greek American community, his ideals of Hellenism, and his love of Greece.

Jersey City was a destination for the first generation of Greek immigrants and two Orthodox churches are still located there. “The Greek American community has decreased over the last decades,” says Matsikoudis. “Many people of Greek descent have moved out of the city and into the suburbs,” he adds.

http://usa.greekreporter.com/2017/07/ ... ng-for-jersey-city-mayor/

Posted on: 2017/7/12 3:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/14 20:50
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I am seriously considering finally moving out of Jersey City after living here for over 30 years.
The political candidates are truly terrifying. I was a strong Fulop supporter but he quickly became
just another corrupt politician. He really fooled me. I just hope a better candidate runs for Mayor.

Posted on: 2017/6/25 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Gadsden to run for re-election on Matsikoudis slate

JERSEY CITY -- Councilman Chris Gadsden, who joined the council after a stunning upset victory last November, announced today he will seek re-election on mayoral candidate Bill Matsikoudis' ticket.

Gadsden, 42, who represents Ward B, said he thinks Matsikoudis' "type of advocacy and that type of voice is necessary." The two men worked recently on a measure that would require the city to share more of the revenue it receives from tax abatements with the local school district.

"While I have no ill feelings whatever towards any of the mayoral candidates running ... for me, Bill's someone with a plan and an agenda to move the city forward," Gadsden said.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... run_with_matsikoudis.html

Posted on: 2017/6/23 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Fulop vs. Matsikoudis: what to expect in 2017

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 15, 2016 at 4:49 PM, updated November 15, 2016 at 6:10 PM

Jersey City now has two confirmed candidates for its 2017 mayoral race: Mayor Steve Fulop, who has said is will run for a second term, and longtime Fulop foe Bill Matsikoudis, who launched his campaign today.

Here's what voters should expect from a Fulop-Matsikoudis mayoral battle:

It's going to be long. The mayoral race was set for May 2017 but after the success of a referendum at the polls last week, it's going to move to November 2017. Now that Matsikoudis has announced, expect regular attacks on the mayor and his administration to begin immediately and continue for the next 12 months — 13 if there's a runoff.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... at_to_expect_in_2017.html

Posted on: 2016/11/16 4:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:

I suspect many will feel this way because Mr Matsikoudis was very close to our previous Mayor, under which we saw about a 95% increase in municipal taxes, an utter lack of development outside of Ward E, an absentee Mayor (unless you were at the bar), and of course overall embarrassment over the Mayor's arrest, nude photos, and Operation Bid Rig. And since his boss' defeat, he has literally devoted himself to challenging (unsuccessfully) almost any initiative our current Mayor pushes through. What is sad is that he has likely spent lots of his own money in this personal crusade, which could have gone to family, friends, or those in need.

Posted on: 2016/11/15 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/15 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
gross

Posted on: 2016/11/15 17:46

Bill Matsikoudis for Jersey City Mayor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Bill Matsikoudis announces bid for Jersey City mayor

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 15, 2016 at 8:14 AM, updated November 15, 2016 at 9:17 AM

Bill Matsikoudis, who was corporation counsel for nearly a decade under former Mayor Jerramiah Healy, announced his intention to run for Jersey City mayor next year in a video posted on his campaign website this morning.

Citing his "profound love" for Jersey City, Matsikoudis is vowing to focus on implementing community policing, cutting "out of control" city spending, increasing affordable housing and more. The 45-year-old Downtown attorney is the only person to declare his intention to challenge Mayor Steve Fulop in November 2017.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ity_mayors_race_2017.html

Posted on: 2016/11/15 14:48

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017