Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
100 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 100

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 78 »

Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
350 billion dollars in arms sales, that's a ton of high paying manufacturing jobs. Just last week. Many missed it, I guess, with the incessant photo shops during his trip.

Those deals are vaporware. Not a single contract was signed. It was a wish list, much like the fake signing ceremony for privatizing air traffic control.

Of course, Trumpies need imaginary accomplishments to distract from obstruction of justice.

Posted on: 2017/6/7 14:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
350 billion dollars in arms sales, that's a ton of high paying manufacturing jobs. Just last week. Many missed it, I guess, with the incessant photo shops during his trip.

I don't suppose you ever stopped to wonder about our government's role in creating and propagating the worldwide market for weapons? Stability is bad for arms dealers.

Are you referring to the two wars our previous president declared he would fully withdraw from?
are you referring to the pointless, useless wars that gwb and the republicans started when they didn't fully understand the area and the reprecussions. at least obama tried to withdraw, but iraq and afghanistan are so fracked up that only "god" knows when the us will be able to leave

You do know that a President does not have the sole power to go to War and in fact GWB did not act on his own. Right?

Posted on: 2017/6/2 20:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/15 4:12
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
1. Actually enforcing our immigration laws, deporting illegals who don't belong here. Also, illegal border crossing dropped 90% since Trump got into office, because now illegals know that America will actually try to stop them, so they don't bother.

FWIF, According to a WSJ article from November 2015, long before it was clear that Trump would be the nominee let alone the President, net migration with Mexico became negative. Meaning more Mexicans are going back to Mexico, then coming into the US: https://www.wsj.com/articles/mexican-i ... o-u-s-reverses-1447954334

I think it is hard to attribute the drop in illegal border crossings since Trump's election solely to him given this has been an on going trend.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
2. Ripped up the TPP, a terrible trade agreement that would have killed American workers, and that Hillary called "the gold standard" of trade deals (before realizing that her base didn't like it and backtracking).

Agree with you there.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
3. Going ahead with building the wall. This article details the current work being done:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byr ... s-forward/article/2624408

Since 2007 Visa Overstays have Outnumbered Undocumented Border Crossers by a Half Million according to http://cmsny.org/publications/jmhs-visa-overstays-border-wall/. The billions invested in the wall do not seem to be the most cost effective way at stopping illegal immigration.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
4. Took us out of the Paris global warming deal, an atrocious agreement that Obama got us into that would have destroyed our economy while letting China, the world's #1 polluter, basically get a free ride. They had no obligations to do anything until 2030.

Trump will now try to renegotiate a much better deal for America. Nice to have a president who actually cares about this country.

As for the Paris agreement, there was no obligations by any country to do anything. I would hardly call that a bad negotiation by the USA. It was more symbolic, for China, us, and the rest of the world.

Posted on: 2017/6/2 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

And ISIS is creating lots of jobs for would-terrorists. Clearly, jobs shouldn't be the one and only focus. Look at the big picture.

Posted on: 2017/6/2 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

I don't suppose you ever stopped to wonder about our government's role in creating and propagating the worldwide market for weapons? Stability is bad for arms dealers.

Are you referring to the two wars our previous president declared he would fully withdraw from?
are you referring to the pointless, useless wars that gwb and the republicans started when they didn't fully understand the area and the reprecussions. at least obama tried to withdraw, but iraq and afghanistan are so fracked up that only "god" knows when the us will be able to leave

Posted on: 2017/6/2 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/2 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2017/6/2 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I'm sure a partisan like you isn't interested in the truth, but here are some of Trump's great accomplishments...

He can?t even grab ?em by the hand anymore, but whatever you say...

Posted on: 2017/6/2 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
2 N.J. coal power plants close for good, ensuring cleaner air

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news ... l-power-plants/355425001/

The power plant?s smoke stacks have loomed over the western edge of Jersey City for nearly half a century, spewing soot, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals that impaired the air quality of nearby neighborhoods, the broader North Jersey region and New York City.

But on Thursday, the Hudson Generation Station, operated by PSEG Power, is being disconnected from the regional electric grid, and will go dark for good. The company is also closing a coal-burning plant near Trenton on the Delaware River.

Yes, as fracking continues to improve and become more efficient and safe we can expect more of this as natural gas prices continue to drop, making coal less attractive.

Posted on: 2017/6/2 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/2 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
CNNMoney 6/1/2017: ?Remember when Wall Street was worried about President Trump?

No? Neither does Wall Street.

The Dow popped 136 points to 21,144 on Thursday, landing at its first record close since March 1. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq also finished at all-time highs.

While many American were focused on the fallout from President Trump's decision to withdraw from the climate deal, market analysts said Thursday's march higher on Wall Street was linked to healthy signals from the U.S. economy.?

Posted on: 2017/6/2 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
2 N.J. coal power plants close for good, ensuring cleaner air

http://www.northjersey.com/story/news ... l-power-plants/355425001/

The power plant?s smoke stacks have loomed over the western edge of Jersey City for nearly half a century, spewing soot, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals that impaired the air quality of nearby neighborhoods, the broader North Jersey region and New York City.

But on Thursday, the Hudson Generation Station, operated by PSEG Power, is being disconnected from the regional electric grid, and will go dark for good. The company is also closing a coal-burning plant near Trenton on the Delaware River.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 23:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
has the idiot accomplished anything so far in office? trump is still benefiting from obama's success in turning around the economy.

I'm sure a partisan like you isn't interested in the truth, but here are some of Trump's great accomplishments that benefit America so far:

1. Actually enforcing our immigration laws, deporting illegals who don't belong here. Also, illegal border crossing dropped 90% since Trump got into office, because now illegals know that America will actually try to stop them, so they don't bother.

2. Ripped up the TPP, a terrible trade agreement that would have killed American workers, and that Hillary called "the gold standard" of trade deals (before realizing that her base didn't like it and backtracking).

3. Going ahead with building the wall. This article details the current work being done:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byr ... s-forward/article/2624408

4. Took us out of the Paris global warming deal, an atrocious agreement that Obama got us into that would have destroyed our economy while letting China, the world's #1 polluter, basically get a free ride. They had no obligations to do anything until 2030.

Trump will now try to renegotiate a much better deal for America. Nice to have a president who actually cares about this country.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
From what I can tell Trump has signed deals that have bought jobs back to the US. Show me one thing O-blame-a actually did to improve the economy. He simply sat put and allowed it to recover aided by interest rate cuts.
nope...those "jobs" that trump are claiming to have created were jobs that were mostly going to be created anyway...they were in the process? and what are we talking about 5,000 jobs? how many jobs are us companies still moving overseas?

Jobs aren't being moved overseas, they are being automated by robots / software instead. And there's nothing Trump (or anyone else) can do about that.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 22:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
From what I can tell Trump has signed deals that have bought jobs back to the US. Show me one thing O-blame-a actually did to improve the economy. He simply sat put and allowed it to recover aided by interest rate cuts.
nope...those "jobs" that trump are claiming to have created were jobs that were mostly going to be created anyway...they were in the process? and what are we talking about 5,000 jobs? how many jobs are us companies still moving overseas?

Posted on: 2017/6/1 21:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Carrier Plant Trump ?Rescued? Will Lay Off Hundreds by Christmas
http://www.snopes.com/2017/05/24/carr ... trump-lay-offs-christmas/

Ford Deepens Motown's Slowdown, Contradicting Trump's Growth Claims
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/article ... touting-automotive-growth

Posted on: 2017/6/1 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
He bought back Ford and Carrier jobs.

Do some research before parroting the Lefty's

Point me to the agreement that the president signed for either of these. Also, your typo here is pretty funny.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
He bought back Ford and Carrier jobs.

Do some research before parroting the Lefty's

Posted on: 2017/6/1 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Please name a single "deal" that the President has signed.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/6/1 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
has the idiot accomplished anything so far in office? trump is still benefiting from obama's success in turning around the economy.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And the alleged comment was made about our President's stance over Obama's birth status-which was a meme put out by Hillary staffers originally during their primary fight, lol.

Comrade nice work! Trump spend YEARS accusing Obama of being Kenyan, and ...BLAME ON HILLARY! Many of our great troll army get paid. You do it for free. I commend your efforts.
When democrat progressive liberal give you Russia Collusion, you give them Crooked Hillary!

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-started-birther-movement/

Posted on: 2017/6/1 15:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/13 22:03
From see profile name
Group:
Registered Users
Hillary, like every politician, has flip-flopped on positions over a period of time, but that period has been years. Trump has done it repeatedly over a period of hours.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Catdog,
This quote of yours

"Trump will support anything and everything at any point in time depending on who he is talking to". was Hillary's calling card!

Posted on: 2017/6/1 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
WEBMASTER - please kill this thread. He's not "New" anymore
why kill this thread? just change the title...no one is forcing anyone to read or rspond to this thread.

Because this is what snowflakes do. They complain preferably by email to get a situation they don't like rectified.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, it appears the Antifa have restarted this thread. Following the favorite leftist theme, it seems that the biggest block of disfranched voters in America are people who voted against Hillary. TDS is in full swing with impeachment talk and The Left in typical fashion continue to put off the average American with their Kathy Griffin antics.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 9:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Second, their hatred stems from pure emotion, not rationality. Trump does indeed support more liberal positions than any Republican president in modern history, but because they've already been calling him Hitler and a bigoted xenophobic rapist for months if not years, they're too far down the rabbit hole to turn back now.

They are a lost cause and they aren't worth even reaching out to. Instead, reach out to the moderates, who are more connected with reality.

lol. As if anyone that supports Trump is connected to reality.

And I don't believe for a second that Trump supports more liberal positions than any Republican president in modern history, for the simple fact that Trump will support anything and everything at any point in time depending on who he is talking to.

"I don't stand by anything" is perhaps the most telling thing Trump has ever said. That and "I might lie to you."

He will say anything to get approval from people, and then completely deny it or refuse to support it, and then say something completely opposite the next day, and then turn around and do something else entirely. Trying to predict what Trump supports or doesn't support is a gamble depending on what he last watched on FOX News.

Spot on. The last person he speaks to on any issue seems to be the one that has the most influence.

Posted on: 2017/6/1 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Second, their hatred stems from pure emotion, not rationality. Trump does indeed support more liberal positions than any Republican president in modern history, but because they've already been calling him Hitler and a bigoted xenophobic rapist for months if not years, they're too far down the rabbit hole to turn back now.

They are a lost cause and they aren't worth even reaching out to. Instead, reach out to the moderates, who are more connected with reality.

lol. As if anyone that supports Trump is connected to reality.

And I don't believe for a second that Trump supports more liberal positions than any Republican president in modern history, for the simple fact that Trump will support anything and everything at any point in time depending on who he is talking to.

"I don't stand by anything" is perhaps the most telling thing Trump has ever said. That and "I might lie to you."

He will say anything to get approval from people, and then completely deny it or refuse to support it, and then say something completely opposite the next day, and then turn around and do something else entirely. Trying to predict what Trump supports or doesn't support is a gamble depending on what he last watched on FOX News.

Posted on: 2017/5/31 20:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Jared may not make it to the weekend. Distractions by Kathy Griffin, an assassin and covfefe may buy him an extra day or two although this stuff often happens on Fridays.

Posted on: 2017/5/31 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And the alleged comment was made about our President's stance over Obama's birth status-which was a meme put out by Hillary staffers originally during their primary fight, lol.

Posted on: 2017/5/31 18:45

« 1 ... 18 19 20 (21) 22 23 24 ... 78 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017