Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 37 ... 78 »

Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Justice Department advised not to defend Trump?s travel ban
By Daniel Halper January 30, 2017 | 6:59pm |

In an extraordinary move, Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has ordered Justice Department lawyers not to defend President Trump?s executive order blocking immigrants from seven mostly Muslim countries.

?I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution?s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right,? Yates said in an email to lawyers of the Civil Division on Monday.

?At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful,? she added.

More

Sally Yates has just been fired by Trump.

That was a foregone conclusion. She was a goner anyway. Trump to Yates: You're fired!

:)

Posted on: 2017/1/31 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Loretta Lynch would've been fired by Obama is she had decided to prosecute crooked Hillary I'm sure. For this Obama appointee to defy the White House-we'll, you're fired!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Five people were killed after gunmen opened fire in a Quebec City mosque during evening prayers, the mosque?s president told reporters on Sunday.

Earlier, a witness told Reuters that up to three gunmen fired on about 40 people inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center. Police put up a security perimeter around the mosque and declined to comment to reporters about the incident.

?Why is this happening here? This is barbaric,? said the mosque?s president, Mohamed Yangui.

In June 2016, a pig?s head was left on the doorstep of the cultural centre.

Yangui, who was not inside the mosque when the shooting occurred, said he got frantic calls from people at evening prayers. He did not know how many were injured, saying they had been taken to different hospitals across Quebec City.

Incidents of Islamophobia increased in Quebec in recent years amid a political debate over banning the niqab, or Muslim face covering. In 2013, police investigated after a mosque in the Saguenay region of Quebec was splattered with what was believed to be pig blood.

In the neighboring province of Ontario, a mosque was set on fire in 2015, a day after an attack by gunmen and suicide bombers in Paris.

Source

Also - Texas Mosque 'Completely Destroyed' in Early-Morning Fire

Witnesses reported the gunmen were screaming Allahu Akbar! Both had a Quebecois accent.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montrea ... osque-gun-shots-1.3957686

Yet again, thank God that Trump was elected and the emotional children lost!!!

Actually...

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/ ... ne-posts/article33833044/

?The suspect in the deadly attack on a Quebec City mosque was known in the city's activist circles as a right-wing troll who frequently took anti-foreigner and anti-feminist positions and stood up for U.S. President Donald Trump.?

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

In an extraordinary move, Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has ordered Justice Department lawyers not to defend President Trump?s executive order blocking immigrants from seven mostly Muslim countries.

?I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution?s solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right,? Yates said in an email to lawyers of the Civil Division on Monday.

?At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful,? she added.

More

Sally Yates has just been fired by Trump.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

More

It's not really shocking when the executive order was formed without much consultation. If people think this is purely political, there are many Republicans in Congress not happy with the executive order and not just because of how bad the optics are, they also agree it's bad policy because of how it was formed.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Here is what The Boston Bomber family received in between trips back "home" to Chechnya to learn how to make bombs out of pressure cookers!

Http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opin ... received_100g_in_benefits

The Tsarnaevs were not here illegally. As for the rest of your claims:

Quote:
Undocumented immigrants do not qualify for welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, and most other public benefits. Most of these programs require proof of legal immigration status and under the 1996 welfare law, even legal immigrants cannot receive these benefits until they have been in the United States for more than five years.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/11/20/news/economy/immigration-myths/

Posted on: 2017/1/31 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

More

Posted on: 2017/1/31 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Especially since many of those European immigrants were dirt poor and social pariahs in their own countries of origin.

It's also true that the US banned some Jews from entering the country when they were fleeing Nazi Germany. Is that where Trump wants us to return to as a country?

That is the history of America and some people here seem to have a terrible grasp of history. The real history, not the alternative kind.

Add yourself to the list.

In the real history of America, immigration policy was settled by the question: will accepting these immigrants benefit our nation?

It's true that we took plenty of unskilled immigrants, but that's because there was plenty of unskilled work that needed to be done. Working to construct the railroads was one huge project.

We never had some kind of open door policy, and it's not going to happen now. It would be unsustainable given our generous social services which are available for immigrants.

And your terrible analogy to the Jews was already debunked in the Atlantic article I posted. Not to mention, the safe zones that President Trump is working to establish in the Middle East will be a safe place for refugees to live.

It's true that there were economic reasons for accepting immigrants in the past. That hasn't changed.

What has changed is areas of responsibility. We not only have military footprints in many of these countries, we are actually engaged in the conflicts that arose from many of these displacements. The Jewish analogy fits in because we got involved in World War II and we became very much involved in the fate of the Jewish people. Whether you agree in our involvement in these affairs or not, we do bear a responsibility since we are involved.

No, we don't bear this kind of responsibility, and will fulfill any humanitarian obligations through the safe zones.

The Jewish analogy is horrible for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that these Muslims are killing each other. If the analogy applies at all, it is to a religious minority, which are the Syrian Christians.

You know, the same ones that Obama seemed to go out of his way to reject. Christians are 10% of Syria's population yet made up less than 1% of Syrian refugees admitted last year.

That's why Trump wil be prioritizing them, once the refugee ban is lifted. And even then I would argue we don't have the responsibility to take them. But if you're going to use the Jewish analogy, that's where it goes.

That's your opinion, that you think safe zones are enough. Apparently it wasn't, ever since we invaded Iraq. I wonder why?

There is no real evidence that Obama rejected Christian refugees but we do have Trump saying he would start a Muslim ban during his presidential campaign. Too bad his ban also affected Christian refugees.

No, it is not just my opinion. In fact, we had an election on this very issue. As I'm sure you will acknowledge, the different policy stances were communicated loud and clear. Everyone knew the platforms of each candidate. And Trump won.

What people like these protesters are doing is essentially being a sore loser. I include you in this group because you are trying to skirt the fact that Trump is merely doing exactly what was promised. Something I, and 60 million other Americans, strongly believe is in our own best interest for our long term future. And you seem to be sneakily claiming that my stance is a mere "opinion," making yours fact. When it just simply isn't the case.

At best, you have a contrary opinion that was put on the ballot and rejected.

The only legitimate objection one could have to Trump's orders is the fact that some green card holders initially seemed to be banned as well. But that was quickly cleared up as a mistake in administering the order, and green card holders can travel back and forth, albeit with extra questioning. The refugee issue is settled, and as I said, we don't have a responsibility to bring them here.

Well if you are going to politicize this issue then I can rightfully say Republicans have been sore losers for the past 8 years. That doesn't really get us anywhere.

It is entirely your opinion at this point because the country as a whole hasn't followed this trend, and it won't. I guess we just have to wait and see. So far, it's not looking good for your guy.

All politics aside, I would really like to see how just having safe zones will accomplish anything. How exactly do you establish a safe zone in Syria? Boots on the ground? Talk his BFF out of backing Assad? Most of these refugees are not fleeing because of ISIS. It is because their own government has been bombing them.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 0:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Especially since many of those European immigrants were dirt poor and social pariahs in their own countries of origin.

It's also true that the US banned some Jews from entering the country when they were fleeing Nazi Germany. Is that where Trump wants us to return to as a country?

That is the history of America and some people here seem to have a terrible grasp of history. The real history, not the alternative kind.

In the real history of America, immigration policy was settled by the question: will accepting these immigrants benefit our nation?

It's true that we took plenty of unskilled immigrants, but that's because there was plenty of unskilled work that needed to be done. Working to construct the railroads was one huge project.

We never had some kind of open door policy, and it's not going to happen now. It would be unsustainable given our generous social services which are available for immigrants.

And your terrible analogy to the Jews was already debunked in the Atlantic article I posted. Not to mention, the safe zones that President Trump is working to establish in the Middle East will be a safe place for refugees to live.

It's true that there were economic reasons for accepting immigrants in the past. That hasn't changed.

What has changed is areas of responsibility. We not only have military footprints in many of these countries, we are actually engaged in the conflicts that arose from many of these displacements. The Jewish analogy fits in because we got involved in World War II and we became very much involved in the fate of the Jewish people. Whether you agree in our involvement in these affairs or not, we do bear a responsibility since we are involved.

No, we don't bear this kind of responsibility, and will fulfill any humanitarian obligations through the safe zones.

The Jewish analogy is horrible for several reasons, not the least of which is the fact that these Muslims are killing each other. If the analogy applies at all, it is to a religious minority, which are the Syrian Christians.

You know, the same ones that Obama seemed to go out of his way to reject. Christians are 10% of Syria's population yet made up less than 1% of Syrian refugees admitted last year.

That's why Trump wil be prioritizing them, once the refugee ban is lifted. And even then I would argue we don't have the responsibility to take them. But if you're going to use the Jewish analogy, that's where it goes.

That's your opinion, that you think safe zones are enough. Apparently it wasn't, ever since we invaded Iraq. I wonder why?

There is no real evidence that Obama rejected Christian refugees but we do have Trump saying he would start a Muslim ban during his presidential campaign. Too bad his ban also affected Christian refugees.

No, it is not just my opinion. In fact, we had an election on this very issue. As I'm sure you will acknowledge, the different policy stances were communicated loud and clear. Everyone knew the platforms of each candidate. And Trump won.

What people like these protesters are doing is essentially being a sore loser. I include you in this group because you are trying to skirt the fact that Trump is merely doing exactly what was promised. Something I, and 60 million other Americans, strongly believe is in our own best interest for our long term future. And you seem to be sneakily claiming that my stance is a mere "opinion," making yours fact. When it just simply isn't the case.

At best, you have a contrary opinion that was put on the ballot and rejected.

The only legitimate objection one could have to Trump's orders is the fact that some green card holders initially seemed to be banned as well. But that was quickly cleared up as a mistake in administering the order, and green card holders can travel back and forth, albeit with extra questioning. The refugee issue is settled, and as I said, we don't have a responsibility to bring them here.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 0:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

That's why Trump will be prioritizing them, once the refugee ban is lifted. And it extends beyond Syria, as there's an internationally recognized but rarely reported Christian genocide in the Middle East. Even then I would argue we don't have the responsibility to take them. But if you're going to use the Jewish analogy, that's where it goes.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Time to come together.

Kinda tough to come together when an SNL writer tweets that Barron Trump will become America's first homeschool shooter.

They are going after a 10-year old.

People were also going after the 16 year old inauguration singer. Liberals are truly amoral people.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Are you really asserting that Jews were not turned away from America during the Holocaust?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
You know the old adage, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Well, take a moment to read this book;

My Brother's Keeper: Christians Who Risked All to Protect Jewish Targets of the Nazi Holocaust
Rod Gragg

It gives a chilling account of what ordinary people did to save the lives of Jewish citizens - often at the risk of their own lives. The most alarming part is what happened just prior to the Holocaust - the government edicts, the laws that were passed by fiat, the "rounding" up of Jews (and anyone deemed subversive). The refusal of America to take in refugees is also explored.

Also, today would have been the 95th birthday of Fred Korematsu, the very timely Google honoree who fought against the Japanese internment camps of WWII.

We are better than this. We cannot forget.

Thanks for the history lesson. So where were you when when a blatant anti-Semitic comment was made on the Fulop and Kushner link yesterday... not one of you progressives challenged it and they even carried on commenting after I wrote my two words. Then I think the same anti-Semite piled on again with Levin bitch slap comment. Fulop and Kushner "The Yeshiva Boys" Really?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Witnesses reported the gunmen were screaming Allahu Akbar! Both had a Quebecois accent.

From Gatesofvienna.net

As reported in tonight?s news feed, gunmen shot up a mosque in Quebec City, killing at least five people.

Early news stories gave a bare-bones account of the incident, followed by the Narrative describing ?Islamophobia? in Quebec, and a recent increase of Islamophobic incidents.

Then came reports from eyewitnesses who said that the gunmen had been shouting ?Allahu Akhbar? as they fired their weapons. That shot holes in the Narrative, too ? unless, of course, the shooters were white-supremacist neo-Nazis who were just pretending to be Muslims.

The following video sheds some light on what may actually have happened in Quebec City tonight. It?s taken from the Facebook page of the mosque that was attacked. In it you?ll hear the imam of the mosque discuss the enmity of former members of the congregation who were unhappy with the blasphemous ?moderation? of this mosque ? that is, the shot-up mosque was full of murtadeen, or apostates.

Tonight?s attack may well have been an execution of Islamic justice against murtadeen by Salafist zealots.

Many thanks to Sandra Solomon for the translation, and to Vlad Tepes for the subtitling:

https://youtu.be/eAbpiNQyTUs

No Salafist zealots. Just a French-Canadian.

NY POST NEWS
University student identified as shooter in deadly mosque attack
By Yaron Steinbuch January 30, 2017 | 8:20am | Updated

A French-Canadian university student was identified Monday as the alleged shooter who killed six people and wounded 19 others as they prayed in a Quebec City mosque ? an assault the Canadian prime minister called a ?terrorist attack.?

The suspect, Alexandre Bissonnette, 27, was an anthropology and political science student at the University of Laval, the oldest French-language university in North America, a source told Reuters.

Bissonnette ? who was not previously known to police ? lived with his parents in a single-family home on Tracel Street in the Cap-Rouge district, where police conducted a search Monday.

Bissonnette?s father is listed in the sales deed as an investigator, the Montreal Gazette reported.

Authorities earlier Monday named two suspects, but a Canadian of Moroccan descent was later said to be a witness to the Sunday night bloodbath at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Qu?bec in the Ste-Foy.

More

I wonder what pompous Justin Trudeau will do now... one of his own. Those French Canadians barely tolerate their English brethren never mind Muslims.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 22:43

Edited by TheBigGuy on 2017/1/30 23:02:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:

Posted on: 2017/1/30 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/30 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Canada strongly weighs 'what can the person contribute to Canada'. Have a job waiting that a Canadian can't fill? Bringing in a lot of cash to start a business? You get a leg up, as it should be.

It costs 10X to bring a refugee here than to support one back in their country of origin, and President Trump had a good conversation with the Saudi King in supporting safe areas in the Middle East.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
And quite frankly I don't care if foreigners want to come here because they can improve their lot. That's a terrible standard. Most of the world would love to come here.

Trump is returning our immigration policy to what it historically was...

Many Americans didn?t think much of my Irish and Italian ancestors, but thankfully their entry into the United States wasn?t determined by the absurd question of, ?What can you do for me??

Compassion and empathy probably seem like four-letter words to you, or at least words for sissies, but those exceptional qualities in people are part of the reason why the United States is already great nation.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 21:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The statement which I correctly defended spoke to the difference between immigrants currently here. Surely, you are intelligent enough to have realized this.

My bad. When you wrote about "immigrants," I thought you were talking about foreigners whose best option to secure health, safety, and a future for themselves and their families is to leave their homes for the United States.

I discussed the difference between people here illegally and those who are not.

And quite frankly I don't care if foreigners want to come here because they can improve their lot. That's a terrible standard. Most of the world would love to come here.

Trump is returning our immigration policy to what it historically was, and what countries like Australia and NZ follow. Will accepting this immigrant benefit our country? Because when we can't take care of our own, there's absolutely no excuse to bring in additional people who will be financial burdens on the system at best, and bring increased crime at worst.

Highly skilled immigrants are welcome to come here legally, as Trump always says. But the point is we now ask: will this immigrant benefit our country?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 20:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/1/30 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
The surprise timing was perfect and it sent a clear message that the days of announcing timetables of strategic security initiatives to our enemies is over.

I'd like to understand this concept better, but I'm no military strategist. For example, what specific outcome(s) might have been improved if US and coalition troops rotated out of Iraq without notice?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

From Gatesofvienna.net

As reported in tonight?s news feed, gunmen shot up a mosque in Quebec City, killing at least five people.

Early news stories gave a bare-bones account of the incident, followed by the Narrative describing ?Islamophobia? in Quebec, and a recent increase of Islamophobic incidents.

Then came reports from eyewitnesses who said that the gunmen had been shouting ?Allahu Akhbar? as they fired their weapons. That shot holes in the Narrative, too ? unless, of course, the shooters were white-supremacist neo-Nazis who were just pretending to be Muslims.

The following video sheds some light on what may actually have happened in Quebec City tonight. It?s taken from the Facebook page of the mosque that was attacked. In it you?ll hear the imam of the mosque discuss the enmity of former members of the congregation who were unhappy with the blasphemous ?moderation? of this mosque ? that is, the shot-up mosque was full of murtadeen, or apostates.

Tonight?s attack may well have been an execution of Islamic justice against murtadeen by Salafist zealots.

Many thanks to Sandra Solomon for the translation, and to Vlad Tepes for the subtitling:

https://youtu.be/eAbpiNQyTUs

No Salafist zealots. Just a French-Canadian.

NY POST NEWS
University student identified as shooter in deadly mosque attack
By Yaron Steinbuch January 30, 2017 | 8:20am | Updated

A French-Canadian university student was identified Monday as the alleged shooter who killed six people and wounded 19 others as they prayed in a Quebec City mosque ? an assault the Canadian prime minister called a ?terrorist attack.?

The suspect, Alexandre Bissonnette, 27, was an anthropology and political science student at the University of Laval, the oldest French-language university in North America, a source told Reuters.

Bissonnette ? who was not previously known to police ? lived with his parents in a single-family home on Tracel Street in the Cap-Rouge district, where police conducted a search Monday.

Bissonnette?s father is listed in the sales deed as an investigator, the Montreal Gazette reported.

Authorities earlier Monday named two suspects, but a Canadian of Moroccan descent was later said to be a witness to the Sunday night bloodbath at the Centre Culturel Islamique de Qu?bec in the Ste-Foy.

More

Posted on: 2017/1/30 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The statement which I correctly defended spoke to the difference between immigrants currently here. Surely, you are intelligent enough to have realized this.

My bad. When you wrote about "immigrants," I thought you were talking about foreigners whose best option to secure health, safety, and a future for themselves and their families is to leave their homes for the United States.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 19:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
So that was kind of an odd ramble.

You recently came to the defense of a person who incorrectly stated that, ?People are not opposed to legal immigration.? However, we know that there are Americans who are indeed opposed to certain forms of legal immigration, so his statement is untrue and indefensible.

Now today, you're following up by saying that many Americans support Mr. Trump?s sudden immigration ban. Okay fine, but are you willing to believe they all changed their minds over the weekend, just to keep up with the law? If not, perhaps many Americans were already opposed to legal immigration from the affected countries.

Wouldn't that be shocking?

The context was sanctuary cities. Many Americans are opposed to illegal immigrants currently here, but are not opposed to legal immigrants currently here. While this seems obvious, unfortunately it is necessary to say this due to the deceit practiced on the Left, which seeks to paint people against sanctuary cities as being against legal immigrants.

As a refresher, sanctuary cities refuse to report illegal immigrants who commit crimes to the Feds, as is required under federal law, to prevent these illegals from being deported. A bad practice and one that Trump will correct.

This latest issue is entirely separate and pertains to temporarily changing the immigration laws. Since the consistent theme of Trump supporters is enforcing the federal law on immigration, there is nothing noteworthy or inconsistent about the facts that:

1. Many Trump supporters/Americans want to end the practice of sanctuary cities, who violate federal law and put innocent people at risk in order to pander to liberals.
2. Many Trump supporters are not opposed to immigrants who arrive here legally.
3. Many Trump supporters/Americans are in favor of Trump's latest move to change the immigration laws to temporarily restrict foreigners from countries that are a hotbed of terrorism, from coming here.

So again, I'm not sure what point you think you are making.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You know the old adage, "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Well, take a moment to read this book;

My Brother's Keeper: Christians Who Risked All to Protect Jewish Targets of the Nazi Holocaust
Rod Gragg

It gives a chilling account of what ordinary people did to save the lives of Jewish citizens - often at the risk of their own lives. The most alarming part is what happened just prior to the Holocaust - the government edicts, the laws that were passed by fiat, the "rounding" up of Jews (and anyone deemed subversive). The refusal of America to take in refugees is also explored.

Also, today would have been the 95th birthday of Fred Korematsu, the very timely Google honoree who fought against the Japanese internment camps of WWII.

We are better than this. We cannot forget.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
We get it. You're scared, and you need someone to blame your problems on instead of looking inward at the monster you have become. I usually don't put much weight in the comments section, but this one speaks the truth. We, as a country, are better than this. We MUST act like it.

"This whole "my country comes first" movement isn't patriotism, it's selfishness because it really means "me and my privilege first". Congrats! You we're literally just lucky enough to be born here. That's all you did; you had parents who had you here. Odds are you had ancestors, not many generations away, who weren't born here.

What about the children and other refugees? What should they have done differently? They weren't so lucky, so what? Sucks to suck? Privilege doesn't have to incite guilt. But how about some humility?"

Posted on: 2017/1/30 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
So that was kind of an odd ramble.

You recently came to the defense of a person who incorrectly stated that, ?People are not opposed to legal immigration.? However, we know that there are Americans who are indeed opposed to certain forms of legal immigration, so his statement is untrue and indefensible.

Now today, you're following up by saying that many Americans support Mr. Trump?s sudden immigration ban. Okay fine, but are you willing to believe they all changed their minds over the weekend, just to keep up with the law? If not, perhaps many Americans were already opposed to legal immigration from the affected countries.

Wouldn't that be shocking?

Posted on: 2017/1/30 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
You might want to brush up on what "legal" means.

Trump changed the immigration laws. In stark contrast to the picture painted by a liberal, deceitful mass media, many Americans are fully behind President Trump's changes to the immigration laws.

It is improbable to the point of impossibility that all Americans who support Mr. Trump?s immigration ban held welcoming attitudes toward legal immigration from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Sudan, and Somalia only one day earlier.

You brush up.

And if you were genuinely sensitive to "deceit," you wouldn't be such a cheerleader for the President.

Probable is fair certain but that attitude is driven by comments from Obama's own Clapper and Brennan congressional testimony about the improper vetting of the uncontrolled surge of illegal aliens. Complete contradiction to the comments made by Clinton/Kerry State and Obama sycophants.

All Trump is doing is refocusing on the existing immigration policy and regulations on the books and whose enforcement disappeared over the last decade. Need to start somewhere, especially where US security is concerned. The surprise timing was perfect and it sent a clear message that the days of announcing timetables of strategic security initiatives to our enemies is over.

Posted on: 2017/1/30 17:08

« 1 ... 31 32 33 (34) 35 36 37 ... 78 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017