Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 71 72 73 (74) 75 76 77 78 »

Re: Trump Our New President
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Well, we know the number of Syrian Muslims coming in through a 'refugee' program will come to a virtual stop I'm sure.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 3:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
so trump is no longer calling for a ban on muslims entering the us...i bet some of the alt-right are very upset.

i can't wait until 2020! hopefully, more people will see through the lies by then.

Shouldn't you be happy that he has shifted his focus? You libs make little sense.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
so trump is no longer calling for a ban on muslims entering the us...i bet some of the alt-right are very upset.

i can't wait until 2020! hopefully, more people will see through the lies by then.

If you'd paid attention, you'd see he moved away from a total Muslim ban months ago. The mass media just kept lying about that issue.

Mr. Trump has great instincts on how to deal with that problem so I am very happy he's our next president.

Posted on: 2016/11/11 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/11 1:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Good point and the preservation of the Second Amendment was one of the best parts about the election.

But Trump can also crack down on these thugs to ensure they are in cages where they belong.

Law enforcement is still pretty much a state and local thing, especially problems like this. Having a justice department that isn't threatening to sue local police departments for cracking down on the thugs will go a long way to getting a handle on this situation.

Another will be getting rid of Soros (including his son). That fat blog of evil funds BLM and other organizations of similar ilk. Putin wants him extradited. Trump hinted he would discuss that with Putin.

The numerous lawsuits against local police forces was the DOJ effort to eventually nationalize local police forces. This tactic is designed to expand federal control of the communities by overriding local/county/state police and laws.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Good point and the preservation of the Second Amendment was one of the best parts about the election.

But Trump can also crack down on these thugs to ensure they are in cages where they belong.

Law enforcement is still pretty much a state and local thing, especially problems like this. Having a justice department that isn't threatening to sue local police departments for cracking down on the thugs will go a long way to getting a handle on this situation.

Another will be getting rid of Soros (including his son). That fat blog of evil funds BLM and other organizations of similar ilk. Putin wants him extradited. Trump hinted he would discuss that with Putin.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Lib media that tired to suppress ppl from voting for Trump will not even mention this on the news tonight.

Yet if the roles were reversed we'd have riots in the streets.

Trump's Supreme court short list is pretty solid. If two to four justices get replaced, then I think the expansion of the Heller decision is a given. NJ will be forced to become a 'shall issue' state (like Illinois was). We have split district courts (the 3rd ruled against the Heller expansion), so it will have to go to SCOTUS at some point.

Plus one of the proposals from the incoming Trump admin is nationwide concealed carry.

In either case, mob beat down like what happened in Chicago might become a much rarer event, after a few of these thugs get their livers ventilated.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Of course, McConnell has already said it's dead.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ ... ng-nowhere-in-the-senate/

McConnell is a squish cuck. If enough pressure is put on him, it might at least get a vote.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Lib media that tired to suppress ppl from voting for Trump will not even mention this on the news tonight.

Trump's Supreme court short list is pretty solid. If two to four justices get replaced, then I think the expansion of the Heller decision is a given. NJ will be forced to become a 'shall issue' state (like Illinois was). We have split district courts (the 3rd ruled against the Heller expansion), so it will have to go to SCOTUS at some point.

Plus one of the proposals from the incoming Trump admin is nationwide concealed carry.

In either case, mob beat down like what happened in Chicago might become a much rarer event, after a few of these thugs get their livers ventilated.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
No humor in this shit / maybe instilling some law and order in our problem communities is real priority for the folks who actually pay taxes :

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/natio ... d-trump-article-1.2867997

Same shit happened in LA during Rodney King riots; they pulled a trucker from the cab, beat the crap out of him, and finished him off with a brick to the head.

This is why if you are driving and see a mob of "teens," you speed up and run them over if they are blocking the road. Don't want to end up like this guy.

Lib media that tried to suppress ppl from voting for Trump will not even mention this on the news tonight.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
No humor in this shit / maybe instilling some law and order in our problem communities is real priority for the folks who actually pay taxes :

Same shit happened in LA during Rodney King riots; they pulled a trucker from the cab, beat the crap out of him, and finished him off with a brick to the head.

This is why if you are driving and see a mob of "teens," you speed up and run them over if they are blocking the road. Don't want to end up like this guy.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/10 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
No humor in this shit / maybe finally instilling some law and order in our problem communities (Hillary Welfare Types) is a real priority for the folks who actually pay taxes :

Posted on: 2016/11/10 21:32

Edited by iGreg on 2016/11/10 21:50:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Orange is the New Black

- deal w/ it

That was actually funny.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Orange is the New Black

- deal w/ it

Posted on: 2016/11/10 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Would love to see him come out down the road for federal election term limits.

To his credit, he already has. In fact, it's the first item on his agenda.

Of course, McConnell has already said it's dead.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ ... ng-nowhere-in-the-senate/

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Dolomiti, it is obvious you are just angry and frustrated with the fact that your side was dealt a landslide loss.

Yes, clearly I'm angry. No, it wasn't a landslide by any definition.

Quote:
However, regarding the point about Trump rooting out government corruption....

...from the guy who doesn't pay federal taxes, has improperly used his own charity, redirects campaign spending to his own businesses. This should be fun.

Quote:
1. Reinstate a five-year ban to prevent executive branch officials from lobbying after they leave office and prevent an executive action from lifting it.

2. Introduce a similar five-year ban on former members of Congress from lobbying after ending government service.

3. Expand the definition of lobbyists and close loopholes that allow former government officials to label themselves as consultants and advisers.[/quote]
Sounds fine. Let's see it get passed , and how much political capital he expends on it.

Quote:
4. Lifetime ban on senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Paul Manafort will be thrilled with that one

Quote:
5. Campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections and politics.

Manafort will love that one too

Let's see, what does that leave out?

1) No added transparency for campaign spending

2) No changes to caps on campaign donations

3) No changes whatsoever to SuperPACs

4) No attempt whatsoever to deal with the consequences of Citizens United

5) Nothing that discourages federal officials from going to work for companies in industries they regulated (a key component in regulatory capture)

6) No changes to what lobbyists can spend

By the way, you left out Congressional term limits. McConnell has already said it won't be on the agenda. Hmmmm.

Anyway. Some of the above ideas are fine, and are promoted by various activist organizations. But the idea that this will somehow "drain the swamp" is beyond laughable.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:

I'm originally from CA, the thought of it leaving sounds great when you read the propaganda. However, the reality is the state is only great because it is part of the US.

If you said Mississippi or Nebraska, I'd likely agree with you. If secession gained momentum in California, I think you'd see Oregon and Washington get interested. It's a fascinating topic (to me, at least) and I highly recommend that book if you have any interest in not only what a broken up US would look like but how the country evolved to what it is and the history of the various cultures of north america. I'm sure you know the basics but I found the origin stories to be really interesting.

Defense and business are definitely wildcards but I would argue that California would likely have very friendly trade status with the US and that militarily it would enjoy the same proximal benefits as Canada.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

And if the US shuts off their water supply?

The money saved by no longer having to subsidize the "rugged individuals who yearn to live free from the yoke of Washington" in places like Alaska, Idaho and the Dakotas, etc. would be more than enough to fund desalination plants among other things given up by going it alone.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
California (like NJ, NY, CT and other higher-earning, high-taxed states) subsidizes a lot of the rest of the country. Why should they (we?) be concerned about "the tax base". And it the military would have to be called in to put it down - seems like a good indication of the fact that Californians probably aren't getting a good deal by being in the union if they have to be compelled to stay at gunpoint.

I'm originally from CA, the thought of it leaving sounds great when you read the propaganda. However, the reality is the state is only great because it is part of the US.

Those secessionist idiots have not thought the idea completely through. Let's say the rest of the US is appalled by CA and says let them leave. Imagine if the US wanted to be vindictive? We could create huge trade barriers, remove all defense. Ban any flights. In addition, businesses hate uncertainty. I'm pretty sure a lot of them would relocate to the US.

Then CA will have internal squabbles, the North will want to separate from the South, Mexico will invade finding no resistance...

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

bill wrote:
Lol if California even tried to seriously leave the Union the military would squash it so fast.

"Yes California is the nonviolent campaign to establish the country of California using any and all legal and constitutional means to do so. We advocate for peaceful secession from the United States by use of an independence referendum to establish a mandate, followed by a nationwide campaign to advocate in support of a constitutional exit from the Union."

Why would non-Californians support this? What about the tax base!

I'm not suggesting this is easily done or probably even feasible (today) - just curious how people feel about it.

You kind of make my (and their) points quite well:

California (like NJ, NY, CT and other higher-earning, high-taxed states) subsidizes a lot of the rest of the country. Why should they (we?) be concerned about "the tax base". And it the military would have to be called in to put it down - seems like a good indication of the fact that Californians probably aren't getting a good deal by being in the union if they have to be compelled to stay at gunpoint.

I truly believe the country will split up in my lifetime - culturally the union is untenable. I've felt this way for quite a while (although I used to think it would be beyond my lifetime) and a book I read a couple of years ago makes a great case for it - "American Nations".

And if the US shuts off their water supply?

Posted on: 2016/11/10 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Lol if California even tried to seriously leave the Union the military would squash it so fast.

"Yes California is the nonviolent campaign to establish the country of California using any and all legal and constitutional means to do so. We advocate for peaceful secession from the United States by use of an independence referendum to establish a mandate, followed by a nationwide campaign to advocate in support of a constitutional exit from the Union."

I'm not suggesting this is easily done or probably even feasible (today) - just curious how people feel about it.

You kind of make my (and their) points quite well:

I truly believe the country will split up in my lifetime - culturally the union is untenable. I've felt this way for quite a while (although I used to think it would be beyond my lifetime) and a book I read a couple of years ago makes a great case for it - "American Nations".

Posted on: 2016/11/10 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
If you were able to vote today on whether or not to finish what was left undone by the Civil War and split the country up, would you?

I would. The divide is so deep and requisite-days-after-the-election unity rhetoric aside, it is only getting deeper. That isn't going to change. I don't want to live in the world of the other side and they don't like my world. (They like my tax dollars, but that's a different story...)

It doesn't have to be this way - once you strip away the foolish sentimentality and nice round numbers and really consider it objectively, I think many people (most?) would come to the conclusion we'd be better off going our separate ways.

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

I agree. I was also thinking about it. You can keep the coasts. I would make Texas the centerpoint of the Republican States of America, and include all the solidly red states. It would be much easier that way. I also understood why civil wars are so full of hatred and so bloody. If you fight some Germans in WWII, sure, you want to kill them to survive and win, but you don't really hate them that much because you don't really know them. In the case of civil wars, I daresay that the hatred is greater, because you know your enemy better.

I'd go for the split if it was at all feasible.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/10 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you were able to vote today on whether or not to finish what was left undone by the Civil War and split the country up, would you?

I would. The divide is so deep and requisite-days-after-the-election unity rhetoric aside, it is only getting deeper. That isn't going to change. I don't want to live in the world of the other side and they don't like my world. (They like my tax dollars, but that's a different story...)

It doesn't have to be this way - once you strip away the foolish sentimentality and nice round numbers and really consider it objectively, I think many people (most?) would come to the conclusion we'd be better off going our separate ways.

http://www.yescalifornia.org/

Posted on: 2016/11/10 17:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
The wonderful oratory skill we have to look forward to:

"Look, having nuclear?my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart?you know, if you?re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world?it?s true!?but when you're a conservative Republican they try?oh, do they do a number?that?s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune?you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we?re a little disadvantaged?but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me?it would have been so easy, and it?s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right?who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners?now it used to be three, now it?s four?but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven?t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it?s gonna take them about another 150 years?but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

Looks like Wharton needs to tighten up their entitled rich kid quota.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
The wonderful oratory skill we have to look forward to:

"Look, having nuclear?my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart?you know, if you?re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I'm one of the smartest people anywhere in the world?it?s true!?but when you're a conservative Republican they try?oh, do they do a number?that?s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune?you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we?re a little disadvantaged?but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me?it would have been so easy, and it?s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what's going to happen and he was right?who would have thought?), but when you look at what's going on with the four prisoners?now it used to be three, now it?s four?but when it was three and even now, I would have said it's all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don't, they haven?t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it?s gonna take them about another 150 years?but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us."

Posted on: 2016/11/10 16:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
She is an inarticulate moron who during one televised speech said "Ya Know" about 25 times after ending each sentence.

I'm sure the English department @ Princeton quickly tightened up their affirmative action quotas after hearing that.

A quick perusal of your posts, poet laureate iGreg, leaves me thinking you may not be the best authority on articulation, grammar, spelling, or anything else related to the English language. But just in case, I found the email address of the Princeton English department and passed along your concerns. You're welcome.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Sexiness of First Ladies aside, Michelle Obama seemed to be a figure that all Americans, regardless of party, respected. Her passion to decrease childhood obesity contributed to that respect. I wonder what Melania's mission will be...

Lots of people called Michelle horrible things. So let's not be so quick to say all Americans respected her.

Melania has said her platform will be fighting cyber bullying, unless that has changed already.

She is an inarticulate moron who during one televised speech said "Ya Know" about 25 times after ending each sentence.

I'm sure the English department @ Princeton quickly tightened up their affirmative action quotas after hearing that.

Damn, that's some hateful, racist shit right there...

Posted on: 2016/11/10 15:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Sexiness of First Ladies aside, Michelle Obama seemed to be a figure that all Americans, regardless of party, respected. Her passion to decrease childhood obesity contributed to that respect. I wonder what Melania's mission will be...

Lots of people called Michelle horrible things. So let's not be so quick to say all Americans respected her.

Melania has said her platform will be fighting cyber bullying, unless that has changed already.

Let's hear your accomplishments, you pathetic racist.

Posted on: 2016/11/10 15:33

« 1 ... 71 72 73 (74) 75 76 77 78 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017