Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: scammer walking up/down montgomery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Hi, has anyone have experience with a scammer recently that walks up and down montgomery from the waterfront to grove path?

He has a fake story about just moving here from LA or some place, got lost and need money for ticket home.

He came up to me at least 5 or more times so far over the last 2-3 weeks repeating the same story, without realizing i am the same person (guess i am pretty forgettable). My wife also got harassed by him and said he was pretty forceful when asking for money.

The dude is late 20s/early 30s, african american, very muscular (like a body builder), average height ~5'11" and always wore a t-shirt when he came up to me.

Looks like he does this almost daily during lunch hour since i encountered him so many times.

Can police help here? or it's not considered a crime to lie to scam money.

Thanks

I've seen the same guy twice on Marin Blvd between Grove St and the light rail. Seems to be spaced out or mentally challenged to me. He seems to take rejection well

Posted on: 2016/11/8 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
There was a guy who frequented the Hamilton Park area saying his car had a flat tire and he needed money to get it fixed over at Pep Boys, and his wife and newborn child were in the car, I wonder if that was the same guy. He approached me three different times within a few weeks of each other, and the third time I asked him, in lay man's terms, exactly how his wife managed to speed up the gestation process and how they manage with three different babies now, he got the hint.

"I've got my wife and newborn child in the car" was a common tug at the heartstrings for money by these scammers, though they seem to have changed their methods.

Posted on: 2016/11/8 1:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just spoke to the dude and he claims he once worked for the Clinton Foundation !

Posted on: 2016/11/7 23:13
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/4 12:11
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Hi, has anyone have experience with a scammer recently that walks up and down montgomery from the waterfront to grove path?

He has a fake story about just moving here from LA or some place, got lost and need money for ticket home.

He came up to me at least 5 or more times so far over the last 2-3 weeks repeating the same story, without realizing i am the same person (guess i am pretty forgettable). My wife also got harassed by him and said he was pretty forceful when asking for money.

The dude is late 20s/early 30s, african american, very muscular (like a body builder), average height ~5'11" and always wore a t-shirt when he came up to me.

Looks like he does this almost daily during lunch hour since i encountered him so many times.

Thanks

yep, i've had this guy come up to me. He's pretty intimidating. It's not a comfortable feeling, for sure. I got the story that he was like an MMA fighter or something, and he was looking for $20?

It's not even like he's loud or anything. He's actually pretty quiet, which adds to the shadiness of it. He definitely encroaches on your personal space. It's a close feeling encounter.

Posted on: 2016/11/7 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:

There was an older gentleman who stopped me on Marin a few weeks back. Something about car breaking down, cell phone not working, needed $ for a train or bus.

There used to be a lot of these guys working the gas stations outside the Holland Tunnel. They hung out at the nearby dive bar and when they ran out of money the would hit the gas station customers. They never remembered who they would try to scam and would repeat the same story to the same people.

Posted on: 2016/11/5 11:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
The amazing thing is that this type of beqqinq must work, I saw BritishShow called Panorama (6o minutes) . Gypsy children begging on London streets They travel to Romania, and find all the huge houses they own.

Posted on: 2016/11/5 3:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/6 18:15
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:

Thanks

I think I ran into him on Grove this morning, although he was wearing a green hoodie.

There was an older gentleman who stopped me on Marin a few weeks back. Something about car breaking down, cell phone not working, needed $ for a train or bus.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
There was one on Sip & Van Reypen last week who "ran out of gas and is so embarassed" asking for $10. I asked him where his car was stranded and he just walked away.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Who's the guy that always walks up/down the Plaza asking for you to buy him food? He REFUSES to take money, insisting that he's not a "beggar." He'll start by chewing your ear off with some casual conversation that always leads to food. I offered him a dollar and he wouldn't have any of it, stating "You can't buy nothing for a dollar!" When I told him that if he collected 4-5 dollars, he could buy something, he got so pissed off and walked away ? it was awesome. I'm convinced he's just looking for a dinner date to front the bill.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
A similar "scammer" ran into me on Montgomery claiming he was from pennsylvania and he locked his keys in his car and needed money for a locksmith. DO NOT GIVE THESE PPL $

Posted on: 2016/11/3 18:56

scammer walking up/down montgomery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users

Thanks

Posted on: 2016/11/3 18:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017