Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: NJ to become a 'shall issue' state?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
what about the fact that gangbangers in the JC hood packing heat? Am i not entitled to carry just in case i'm traveling in the territory, if and when I choose to do so?

Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Here is a key quote from Governor Christie?s veto message on A3689: ?For decades, law-abiding residents of New Jersey have had their Second Amendment right to self-protection burdened by gun laws...?

Supporters of more permissive gun regulations often mention that they obey the law. That's unique. I can't think of another public issue where the term "law-abiding" appears with such frequency. What makes the qualification necessary, and why so often? How relevant is it, and why isn't it used for other vices, so to speak?

Presumably, "law-abiding citizens" who wish to carry guns identify themselves as such because they insist that they have nothing to do with gun violence. After all, an overwhelming majority of American citizens will never harm another person with a gun or any other weapon, armed or not.

Unfortunately, those words are often used in service of making guns more accessible, appealing and popular. It seems that the best-case scenario for the vehemently pro-gun lobby is an old-fashioned arms race. They treat any measure of consolation as a "gun grab," while their answer to the perceived threat of violence, rational or not, is more guns.

Law-abiding? That's irrelevant, defensive, and distracting. I'd wager that most law abiding citizens wish there were fewer people carrying guns, period.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Here is a key quote from Governor Christie?s veto message on A3689: ?For decades, law-abiding residents of New Jersey have had their Second Amendment right to self-protection burdened by gun laws...?

Supporters of more permissive gun regulations often mention that they obey the law. That's unique. I can't think of another public issue where the term "law-abiding" appears with such frequency. What makes the qualification necessary, and why so often? How relevant is it, and why isn't it used for other vices, so to speak?

Presumably, "law-abiding citizens" who wish to carry guns identify themselves as such because they insist that they have nothing to do with gun violence. After all, an overwhelming majority of American citizens will never harm another person with a gun or any other weapon, armed or not.

Unfortunately, those words are often used in service of making guns more accessible, appealing and popular. It seems that the best-case scenario for the vehemently pro-gun lobby is an old-fashioned arms race. They treat any measure of consolation as a "gun grab," while their answer to the perceived threat of violence, rational or not, is more guns.

Law-abiding? That's irrelevant, defensive, and distracting. I'd wager that most law abiding citizens wish there were fewer people carrying guns, period.

Posted on: 2016/10/25 0:33

Edited by Frank_M on 2016/10/25 0:52:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Good job, Gov. Why should low life criminals be the only people to pack?

Unfortunately this won't help in time with the post election riots that Trump is encouraging. Trump takes irresponsibility to a new and extreme level.

Is this a distraction from the news from WikiLeaks that shows that the DNC was hiring people to incite riots at Trump rallies?

It takes a distraction to know one, eh?

Posted on: 2016/10/24 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Unfortunately this won't help in time with the post election riots that Trump is encouraging. Trump takes irresponsibility to a new and extreme level.

Is this a distraction from the news from WikiLeaks that shows that the DNC was hiring people to incite riots at Trump rallies?

Posted on: 2016/10/24 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
I am glad he ended up Trump's bag man.

Oh, and just to be clear, I meant this type of bag man.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/10/24 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Who is "Governor Christie"?

What a joke. Too bad he doesn't have a few more years left on his term - it would make impeaching him worthwhile.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/24 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/10/24 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I am glad he ended up Trump's bag man.

Posted on: 2016/10/24 1:59

NJ to become a 'shall issue' state?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users

http://www.anjrpc.org/

Governor Christie?s conditional veto of A3689 rejects this attempt to freeze the definition of justifiable need for all time, and instead completely eliminates justifiable need as a requirement to obtain a carry permit in the first place! It would turn New Jersey into a shall-issue state, and Governor Christie specifically calls for New Jersey to become shall-issue ? making him the first governor in state history to both acknowledge and try to implement shall-issue carry!

Here is a key quote from Governor Christie?s veto message on A3689: ?For decades, law-abiding residents of New Jersey have had their Second Amendment right to self-protection burdened by gun laws that are among the most unreasonable in the country. . . . Rather than doubling down on the unreasonable requirements for law-abiding residents of New Jersey to obtain a concealed carry permit, I propose having New Jersey join the 42 other states that have adopted a ?shall-issue? standard for approving such applications.?

Posted on: 2016/10/23 22:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017