Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: The Disaster that is Jersey City Recreation
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/23 0:39
Group:
Registered Users
This is a serious topic. Has anyone ever went to sign up for anything at the office at Caven Point?

I am not typically judgmental but as a life long resident of Jersey City the lack of shit giving actually scared me and I have been shot at.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Slap some solar panels and small wind turbine on the roof to help mitigate the cost of heating the pool. City hall could lead the way of being sustainable and environmental friendly!

Posted on: 2016/10/19 22:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Leo168:

1. There are accepted guidlines for lap pools. Temperatures should be between 78 and 82. See prior post that give cites to AMerican Red Cross, FINA, NCAA, etc.

2. There has never been a Jersey City Age Group Team. The Pirranhas has been around. But that is a summer swim team that had periodic winter practices. It was not part of USA Swimming and the practice schedule did not allow the development of swimmers. The only meets were intra club. There have been Age Group Teams around,e.g. Stevens Sharks (until Stevens closed it). Muhommad runs a team called Scarlet out of various different pools. He does a great job I think. It has never been based at Pershing though he does get some time there from time to time.

3. Yes, there was a Masters Team when Schundler was mayor. Not since that I know of. Anyway, its not possible now unless they lower the water temp.

Mao

Posted on: 2016/10/19 21:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/24 0:25
From Hudson County
Group:
Registered Users
Lowering the water temperature to acceptable levels for whom?
There has always been an age group team.
Masters Swim at Pershing Field is old news, not new. I used to swim in a masters program at Pershing Pool years ago.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 23:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
I honestly had no idea the city even had a recreation department, but then again I don't have kids, so that might be part of it. I just grab my bike, running shoes, ball, frisbee, camera, fishing pole or a bag lunch and had outdoors to the nearest open space and do my thing. As long as the city has available open space, isn't that all you need? Sorry, not trying to be critical, maybe this has more to do with organized youth sports or access to specific facilities? I always find myself with plenty of things to do around town, it's just my responsibility to provide my own tools.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users
Well it is seems Rosemarie and Jaime are trying to convert Pershing Field pool from a hot tub for arthritics and infants to the fitness facility it is built for by

1. lowering the water temperature to acceptable levels;
2. Starting an age group team for the kids;
3. Starting a Masters Swim team for adults.

My sense is they are working against a small but entrenched interest group that is hooked into the mayor's office or the director's office.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Leo168 wrote:
I don't understand why the mayor can't seem to put someone in charge of recreation who is honest and cares about the department.
First it was Ryan Strother, a total disaster who took everything good and turned it bad.
Now it is Kevin Williamson who has done nothing to improve any program. I have seen him around town doing business that certainly is not related to recreation.
It seems the entire staff is clueless.

What do you propose ?

As a kid the schools had the gymnasiums open after school and
we had access to basketball and other facilities and it was run and staffed by JC Rec. people.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 1:11

The Disaster that is Jersey City Recreation

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/24 0:25
From Hudson County
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand why the mayor can't seem to put someone in charge of recreation who is honest and cares about the department.
First it was Ryan Strother, a total disaster who took everything good and turned it bad.
Now it is Kevin Williamson who has done nothing to improve any program. I have seen him around town doing business that certainly is not related to recreation.
It seems the entire staff is clueless.

Posted on: 2016/10/18 1:04

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017