Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 10/09/2016: Presidential Debate 2 (St. Louis)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

It's a cheesey line from a movie. It was also used as a nod to a specific soccer podcast that I enjoyed. I'm sorry that you spent more time reading into it than was necessary.

It's a line from a movie and a reference to a podcast?! Well, isn't this embarrassing.

I should have known better than to have taken your words out of a completely unspecified context. It's even clearer now that your signature line has no potential to sabotage your criticism of others for their misogyny, nor give anyone a readymade opportunity to throw your own argument back at you.

Out of curiosity though, which film is it where the winners got to fellate the prom queen? I definitely haven't seen that one, but it does sound interesting in the way it obviously challenges gender stereotypes.

The Rock, starring Sean Connery and Nicholas Cage... I don't get the misogyny but whatever.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 20:57
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

It's a cheesey line from a movie. It was also used as a nod to a specific soccer podcast that I enjoyed. I'm sorry that you spent more time reading into it than was necessary.

It's a line from a movie and a reference to a podcast?! Well, isn't this embarrassing.

I should have known better than to have taken your words out of a completely unspecified context. It's even clearer now that your signature line has no potential to sabotage your criticism of others for their misogyny, nor give anyone a readymade opportunity to throw your own argument back at you.

Out of curiosity though, which film is it where the winners got to fellate the prom queen? I definitely haven't seen that one, but it does sound interesting in the way it obviously challenges gender stereotypes.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Near total waste of time - very few policy specifics on anything, as usual no discussion (not even any questions!) on issues of concern to us urban dwellers - infrastructure, global warming, etc.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I've not modified my signature. However, I'd love to hear how you think I'm a "closet misogynist". That will be rich!

Yeah, really. It's obvious that your signature line is merely referring to some sort of kinky drag school where winners of the spring fashion show traditionally get to fellate the May "Queen." The alternative would be strange, misogynistic, and maybe even a bit pedo coming from anyone who isn't still a teenager in high school.

It's a cheesey line from a movie. It was also used as a nod to a specific soccer podcast that I enjoyed. I'm sorry that you spent more time reading into it than was necessary...

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Back to the debate, does Trump really want to win the election?

Sure, he landed hits on Hillary and he rallied his base, but that's not enough to win the election. He didn't win over the undecideds and that's a losing strategy.

Of course he wants to win. The problem is that he doesn't know how. He's not as smart as his supporters believe he is. He's a showman and a salesman. But, he's not exceptionally good at either. That's what is being exposed.

Also, what appears to be a rather annoying coke habit has been causing havoc as well...

Posted on: 2016/10/11 15:56
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Here is a transcript of last night's debate. Please cite the areas where Trump spoke substantively, on topic, and outlaid clear policy.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 15:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Back to the debate, does Trump really want to win the election?

Sure, he landed hits on Hillary and he rallied his base, but that's not enough to win the election. He didn't win over the undecideds and that's a losing strategy.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I've not modified my signature. However, I'd love to hear how you think I'm a "closet misogynist". That will be rich!

Yeah, really. It's obvious that your signature line is merely referring to some sort of kinky drag school where winners of the spring fashion show traditionally get to fellate the May "Queen." The alternative would be strange, misogynistic, and maybe even a bit pedo coming from anyone who isn't still a teenager in high school.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Or maybe blacks just do a better job of not voting against their self-interests.

Are you saying all blacks share the same self interests and they are different then whites?

Nope. I'm saying one party has spent the past half century running sometimes subtle, sometimes overtly racially charged campaigns and attempting to enact similar laws and policies. From Nixon's "southern strategy" and Lee Atwater's Willie Horton to the Storm Thurmonds and David Dukes, attempts at voter suppression and outright disenfranchisement I'd say the GOP has gone out of their way to usher blacks to the Democratic Party.

I believe you just did!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Don't u realize it does not matter what Hillary does.

Ironic much...?

Trump literally bragged about sexually assaulting women and you think that's ok. We're talking about actions that land you in jail and put you on a sexual predator list. This isn't the first time that's been accused either. The New York Times has a whole write-up on his actions as a misogynist.

In the coming weeks, I anticipate video coming from the archives of The Apprentice. It's already been stated how he would ask the guys on the show if they'd sleep with the women...

And I anticipate a wikileaks bombshell about Hillary that u will just ignore.

What bombshell could possibly come out? She took money from Wall St...? Shocker! That she lied about her email server...? Yawn. I'm not a Hillary fan, but she's at least intelligent and not a joke.

Trump has not only bragged about sexually assaulting women, he went out and hired Ailes, a guy that made a career out of sexually harassing women.

Maybe they have footage of her man bashing ball busting attacks on Bill after one of his cheating scandals.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Or maybe blacks just do a better job of not voting against their self-interests.

Are you saying all blacks share the same self interests and they are different then whites?

Nope. I'm saying one party has spent the past half century running sometimes subtle, sometimes overtly racially charged campaigns and attempting to enact similar laws and policies. From Nixon's "southern strategy" and Lee Atwater's Willie Horton to the Storm Thurmonds and David Dukes, attempts at voter suppression and outright disenfranchisement I'd say the GOP has gone out of their way to usher blacks to the Democratic Party.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ironic much...?

Trump literally bragged about sexually assaulting women and you think that's ok. We're talking about actions that land you in jail and put you on a sexual predator list. This isn't the first time that's been accused either. The New York Times has a whole write-up on his actions as a misogynist.

In the coming weeks, I anticipate video coming from the archives of The Apprentice. It's already been stated how he would ask the guys on the show if they'd sleep with the women...

Coming from a closet misogynist who modified his signature which now reads "f--- the prom queen" after all this time spelling it out the entire word. What a hypocrite!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:38
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Sources please? Think you are confusing Trump with Wild Bill and his plane ? rides with the millionaire pedohile. Have to chuckle... Wouldn't your signature dismiss any opinions on Trump language?

According to legal documents, Trump has been accused of raping a 13-year-old child, raping his ex-wife, and attempting to rape a former business associate. He vehemently denies all of these accusations?and it should be noted anyone can file a civil complaint in court, and a complaint is by no means proof of allegations. That being said, the accusations are chilling.

http://fusion.net/story/355643/trump- ... e-sexual-assault-stories/

Nice so story says he was hanging out with Jeffery Epstein 25 years ago... where do I know that name???

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/05/13 ... offender-jeffrey-epstein/

And apparently Hillary knows him too???

I popped Epstein name in Wikileaks and first try up pops an email with HRC daily news briefing... direct from email, spelling error is email writer,

" The Guardian story, by highlighting the fact that some of the Clinton Foundation?s donors have been maintaining bank accounts in Switzerland, has focussed attention on its sources of financing rather than its makeover or its philanthropic activities. Among the donors named by the Guardian were the British retail mogul Richard Caring; Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining magnate who appeared earlier this week at C.G.I.?s annual winter meeting, in New York; and Jeffrey Epstein, a New York financier who was jailed in 2008 for soliciting prostitution from underage girls. According to the Clinton Foundation?s donor database, Giustra and charities linked to him have donated at least fifty million dollars. In 2006, Epstein gave twenty-five thousand dollars, the Guardian said. Other donors to the foundation who were identified as clients of H.S.B.C.?s Geneva office included Eli Broad, the Californian entrepreneur and philanthropist, and Denise Rich, whose former husband, the fugitive commodities trader Marc Rich, was pardoned by Bill Clinton just before he left office, in 2001. "

In case you don't recognize the Canadian "mineral magnet name" HRC okayed the sale of his uranium mining company to the Russians as SoS... allowing Russia to corner the global market on raw uranium.

Don't u realize it does not matter what Hillary does. Democratic voters will
back her regardless. These people are screaming how unstable Trump is but were saying the same things about Romney and Paul Ryan 4 yrs ago. If Hillary wins then in 4 yrs the next Republican candidate will be the "worst ever" as well.

And Trump voters do the same.

Each sides doesn't realize that both candidates are embarrassments and yet they'll blindly defend their side until the end.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ironic much...?

Coming from a closet misogynist who modified his signature which now reads "f--- the prom queen" after all this time spelling it out the entire word. What a hypocrite!

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ironic much...?

What bombshell could possibly come out? She took money from Wall St...? Shocker! That she lied about her email server...? Yawn. I'm not a Hillary fan, but she's at least intelligent and not a joke.

Trump has not only bragged about sexually assaulting women, he went out and hired Ailes, a guy that made a career out of sexually harassing women.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:34
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ironic much...?

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ironic much...?

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:20
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Sources please? Think you are confusing Trump with Wild Bill and his plane ? rides with the millionaire pedohile. Have to chuckle... Wouldn't your signature dismiss any opinions on Trump language?

According to legal documents, Trump has been accused of raping a 13-year-old child, raping his ex-wife, and attempting to rape a former business associate. He vehemently denies all of these accusations?and it should be noted anyone can file a civil complaint in court, and a complaint is by no means proof of allegations. That being said, the accusations are chilling.

Nice so story says he was hanging out with Jeffery Epstein 25 years ago... where do I know that name???

I popped Epstein name in Wikileaks and first try up pops an email with HRC daily news briefing... direct from email, spelling error is email writer,

" The Guardian story, by highlighting the fact that some of the Clinton Foundation?s donors have been maintaining bank accounts in Switzerland, has focussed attention on its sources of financing rather than its makeover or its philanthropic activities. Among the donors named by the Guardian were the British retail mogul Richard Caring; Frank Giustra, a Canadian mining magnate who appeared earlier this week at C.G.I.?s annual winter meeting, in New York; and Jeffrey Epstein, a New York financier who was jailed in 2008 for soliciting prostitution from underage girls. According to the Clinton Foundation?s donor database, Giustra and charities linked to him have donated at least fifty million dollars. In 2006, Epstein gave twenty-five thousand dollars, the Guardian said. Other donors to the foundation who were identified as clients of H.S.B.C.?s Geneva office included Eli Broad, the Californian entrepreneur and philanthropist, and Denise Rich, whose former husband, the fugitive commodities trader Marc Rich, was pardoned by Bill Clinton just before he left office, in 2001. "

In case you don't recognize the Canadian "mineral magnet name" HRC okayed the sale of his uranium mining company to the Russians as SoS... allowing Russia to corner the global market on raw uranium.

Don't u realize it does not matter what Hillary does. Democratic voters will
back her regardless. These people are screaming how unstable Trump is but were saying the same things about Romney and Paul Ryan 4 yrs ago. If Hillary wins then in 4 yrs the next Republican candidate will be the "worst ever" as well.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Is Hillary hanging out with him and raping children like Trump?

In the end Trump, rallied the base. Did he move the needle for anyone that wasn't voting for him already? No. Thus, it was yet another failure.

The fact that Republicans were rescinding their endorsement on Saturday tells you all you need to know. The man is toxic.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 1:07
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/11 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:

I'd argue the exact opposite. After all, blacks have been voting in Democratic politicians for decades in all major cities, and decades of Democratic policies have gotten them absolutely nowhere.

Posted on: 2016/10/11 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/10 23:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/10/10 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Actually (duh) there was a big difference between 1988 and 2012 - the African American vote. Bush had 11% and Romney 6%. Also - after looking it up - Bush had 60% of the white vote vs. Romney's 59%.

This just shows that blacks vote as a monolith while whites do not.

By the numbers you cited, 94% of blacks voted against Romney while 89% voted against Bush in 1988. Whites are far more politically diverse.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 22:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually (duh) there was a big difference between 1988 and 2012 - the African American vote. Bush had 11% and Romney 6%. Also - after looking it up - Bush had 60% of the white vote vs. Romney's 59%.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I thought the most interesting comment in the post-debate chatter was the following:

In 1988, GWHB got 59% of the white vote - the same amount Mitt Romney had in 2012. Bush received 426 electoral votes; Romney got 206.

Of course there could have been differences between the two in how they fared with other groups that might explain a portion of this but it seems pretty clear that things have changed a lot in the last 30 years. You can't run a white-only campaign and win national office any more and you probably haven't been able to win on a white-male only campaign since 1920.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
tell me what you think a "commie" stands for

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
It is becoming more and more apparent that Bernie was the most honest candidate from either side. Too bad he's a commie. I would place Kasich second in the honesty ranking. The current candidates are sketchy at best.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Court transcripts included -

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/thi ... m=.snV0027d2q#.fwW77oapo5

Trump looking at some serious prison time if convicted.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
This High-Profile Defense Attorney Is Now Representing A Woman Accusing Trump Of Rape

Donald Trump is accused in a federal lawsuit of raping the woman in the ?90s when she was 13 years old. He has repeatedly denied the allegations

Well there you go. Hillary can now threaten to put Trump in jail if shes elected.

Posted on: 2016/10/10 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This High-Profile Defense Attorney Is Now Representing A Woman Accusing Trump Of Rape

Donald Trump is accused in a federal lawsuit of raping the woman in the ?90s when she was 13 years old. He has repeatedly denied the allegations

Posted on: 2016/10/10 21:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/10 17:40

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017