Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 45

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Montreal Bans New Pit Bull Ownership After Deadly Mauling
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
First, I am sorry for the loss of your sister.

NO YOU ARE NOT.

If you were, you might have enquired how. She caught the collar of her dress on a loose screw on a badly pre-assembled cot and choked to death. My father donated the manufacturer's settlement to charity at the time because my mom didn't want what she considered was tainted "blood money".

Point of the story - they didn't blame the cot (or the gun or the knife). The blame lies squarely with the people behind it. And I think the NRA is mostly wrong - but I agree with with one of their mantras - "guns don't kill people - people kill people". The dog version: "pitties don't kill people - bad owners of pitties kill people".

But guess you also believed kids saying "the dog ate their homework" when you were a teacher....

Posted on: 1/20 22:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcguy05 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
First, I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Secondly, knives do not have brains, they cannot will themselves to attack a person. Lastly, pit bulls should be banned as a breed.

I'm not sure I understand this argument at all. Who cares whether knives/hot dogs/cars have brains? They cause death all the same. I don't think it matters to those killed whether the knife wanted to kill them.

Explain to the class why this is relevant to anything.

You are grasping straws. if I leave a knife on a table or floor, it will not pick itself up and attack someone.

Pitbull is one of the most abused dog breeds and by far the breed with the highest number of dogs being killed each year in shelters because noone wants them. By not banning pitbull ownership all it does is encourage the market to breed more pitbulls, which end up being abused or in a shelter by irresponsible owners, to be killed.

There are hundreds of other dog breed you can own. If pitbull is legally banned, it will significantly reduce the breeders from making more of those poor animals that end up suffering in shelters and force owners to neuter their pitbulls to prevent further breeding. The law should ban new pitbull ownership but let current owners keep their dog obviously.

Fact is pitbull is the one breed of dogs with the highest capacity to attack humans unprovoked when not properly taken care of, and in rare instances even when they are. This cause them to be abandoned by owners once they have kids or other life events, which causes those dogs to be in shelters, and because of the breed, very few people takes them back, so majority ended up being killed for no reason.

It's great YOU as a pitbull owner love your dog and take care of it, but unfortunately the world is not just you. By supporting not banning pitbull ownership all you are doing is causing more pitbulls to be bred, suffer, and killed each year.

Some stats: for every 1 "happy" pit bull ownership, 599 are killed. Approximately 800000 pitbulls are killed every year in the US shelters, making up 50% or more of the total dogs killed each year in US.

Re: the knife - so what? And pit bulls don't randomly attack and kill either. They do so through conditioning combined with opportunity created by humans. And even with all the crazy abuse going on, it is still on the "freak accident" scale of death.

Pit bulls are among the most abused dogs because they're prevalent in the environments where abusers are likely to live - urban poor areas where owners are most likely to be drug dealers, for example, or rural areas where dog fighting is common. It isn't because they're "bad dogs" any more than women living in areas where rape is common are somehow "more deserving."

Also, curious why you think few pit bulls are well taken care of. I know a bunch of people with pit bulls that live in wealthy, loving homes and are fantastic dogs. I also don't see a citation for your stat, which I seriously doubt. There are millions of pit bulls and pit mixes in the US and it is one of the most common breeds. You paint with an awfully broad brush and something tells me you have remarkably little knowledge of this issue.

Posted on: 1/20 11:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
First, I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Secondly, knives do not have brains, they cannot will themselves to attack a person. Lastly, pit bulls should be banned as a breed.

Which breed? American Pitbull or American Staffordshire? The article you linked me to was for a dog half American Staffordshire and half Great Dane.

Both, of course. Naturally, after pit bulls are banned and people still keep dying from dog attacks (because people have always died of dog attacks), Yvonne will demand that German Shepherds/Rottweilers/Mastiffs/Great Danes and every other large breed is banned too. In reality, Yvonne just doesn't like big scary dogs and I don't for a second believe that she cares about the dead kids. If Yvonne did, she would focus on what really kills kids, instead of focusing on what actually scares her which is pit bulls and other large, scary dogs.

Your comment makes no sense. No child should have the experience of being torn to death by a killer dog.

Children have been torn to death by killer dogs since humans have had dogs and long before pit bulls have come into existence. But that's life and banning man's best friend isn't a solution any intelligent person will advocate.

Also, can you provide a list of acceptable and unacceptable sources of death for children?

Posted on: 1/20 11:43
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
"Fact is pitbull is the one breed of dogs with the highest capacity to attack humans unprovoked when not properly taken care of, and in rare instances even when they are. This cause them to be abandoned by owners once they have kids or other life events, which causes those dogs to be in shelters, and because of the breed, very few people takes them back, so majority ended up being killed for no reason."

This tells me that these new parents are putting their children first and I applaud them, jcguy05. If the parents of the 3 day of baby removed the pit bull from their home the child would still be alive. The government demands that children are protected with safety seats in cars, it should ban the breed of pit bulls for the protection of children, too.

Posted on: 1/20 11:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this argument at all. Who cares whether knives/hot dogs/cars have brains? They cause death all the same. I don't think it matters to those killed whether the knife wanted to kill them.

You are grasping straws. if I leave a knife on a table or floor, it will not pick itself up and attack someone.

Pitbull is one of the most abused dog breeds and by far the breed with the highest number of dogs being killed each year in shelters because noone wants them. By not banning pitbull ownership all it does is encourage the market to breed more pitbulls, which end up being abused or in a shelter by irresponsible owners, to be killed.

There are hundreds of other dog breed you can own. If pitbull is legally banned, it will significantly reduce the breeders from making more of those poor animals that end up suffering in shelters and force owners to neuter their pitbulls to prevent further breeding. The law should ban new pitbull ownership but let current owners keep their dog obviously.

Fact is pitbull is the one breed of dogs with the highest capacity to attack humans unprovoked when not properly taken care of, and in rare instances even when they are. This cause them to be abandoned by owners once they have kids or other life events, which causes those dogs to be in shelters, and because of the breed, very few people takes them back, so majority ended up being killed for no reason.

It's great YOU as a pitbull owner love your dog and take care of it, but unfortunately the world is not just you. By supporting not banning pitbull ownership all you are doing is causing more pitbulls to be bred, suffer, and killed each year.

Some stats: for every 1 "happy" pit bull ownership, 599 are killed. Approximately 800000 pitbulls are killed every year in the US shelters, making up 50% or more of the total dogs killed each year in US.

Posted on: 1/20 10:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Which breed? American Pitbull or American Staffordshire? The article you linked me to was for a dog half American Staffordshire and half Great Dane.

Both, of course. Naturally, after pit bulls are banned and people still keep dying from dog attacks (because people have always died of dog attacks), Yvonne will demand that German Shepherds/Rottweilers/Mastiffs/Great Danes and every other large breed is banned too. In reality, Yvonne just doesn't like big scary dogs and I don't for a second believe that she cares about the dead kids. If Yvonne did, she would focus on what really kills kids, instead of focusing on what actually scares her which is pit bulls and other large, scary dogs.

Your comment makes no sense. No child should have the experience of being torn to death by a killer dog.

Posted on: 1/20 9:29
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 1/19 23:25
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 1/19 23:20
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 1/19 21:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

When does a car decides on its own to kill someone? These vicious pit bulls look at children as prey, their actions are independent of their owners.

It is usually the owners actions that cause the dogs to attack to begin with. You abuse and neglect a dog you are increasing the likely hood it would attack someone one day. If you treated a child the same way some of these dogs were treated before they attacked, you would have a similar outcome. Some people just shouldn't own pets or raise kids. The dog breed isn't the problem though the owner is.

The dog breed is the problem, here a startled pit bull kills a 3 day old child. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/20 ... kills-newborn-baby-in-bed

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=8746561&catId=112042

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/no ... ly-baby-boy-killed-by-dog

I guess by your logic we should ban Jack Russell Terriers and Black Lab puppies too?

Posted on: 1/19 21:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
EVERYBODY GETS IT YOU THINK PIT BULLS SHOULD BE BANNED, J.F.C.

Posted on: 1/19 20:54
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/19 20:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

The dog breed is the problem, here a startled pit bull kills a 3 day old child. https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/20 ... kills-newborn-baby-in-bed

Here's what a knife can do to the exact same of breed of dog you linked. Horrific! KNIVES SHOULD BE BANNED! THE KNIFE IS THE PROBLEM!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/pe ... YSrD?li=BBoPOOl&ocid=iehp

Posted on: 1/19 18:48
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
But I don't think other dogs presently matches the killer instinct of the pit bull.

Not even hot dogs?

As usual dtjcview, you are mocking the seriously of the deaths caused by pit bulls.

My baby sister choked to death. Not on a hot dog, but it could have been. You appear to have no clue of the impact of a young child's death on a family - no matter the cause - dog, hot dog, whatever. The only thing I'm mocking is your blind ignorance.

Posted on: 1/19 18:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
But I don't think other dogs presently matches the killer instinct of the pit bull.

Not even hot dogs?

As usual dtjcview, you are mocking the seriously of the deaths caused by pit bulls.

This point was illustrated when Emmett Till's family had an open coffin when he was lynched. They wanted the world to see the effects of lynching. The public should see the effects of a mauled body by a pit bull.

And you are mocking the deaths caused by hot dogs.

Posted on: 1/19 17:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Not even hot dogs?

This point was illustrated when Emmett Till's family had an open coffin when he was lynched. They wanted the world to see the effects of lynching. The public should see the effects of a mauled body by a pit bull.

Posted on: 1/19 17:39
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Not even hot dogs?

Posted on: 1/19 17:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The pit bull is a dangerous dog, it is unpredictable as in the death of the 3 day old baby and it extremely strong with powerful killer jaws. Many here are placing the ownership of these dogs above the safety of society, really the safety of kids who are their main targets.

What about the American Staffordshire Terrier? Dogo Argentino? Bull Mastiff? Cane Corso? Presa Canario? What about mixed-breed dogs?

Any dog that does as much damage as pit bulls should be in that category. But I don't think other dogs presently matches the killer instinct of the pit bull.

Posted on: 1/19 15:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The pit bull is a dangerous dog, it is unpredictable as in the death of the 3 day old baby and it extremely strong with powerful killer jaws. Many here are placing the ownership of these dogs above the safety of society, really the safety of kids who are their main targets.

What about the American Staffordshire Terrier? Dogo Argentino? Bull Mastiff? Cane Corso? Presa Canario? What about mixed-breed dogs?

Posted on: 1/19 15:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/19 13:57
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

When does a car decides on its own to kill someone? These vicious pit bulls look at children as prey, their actions are independent of their owners.

It is usually the owners actions that cause the dogs to attack to begin with. You abuse and neglect a dog you are increasing the likely hood it would attack someone one day. If you treated a child the same way some of these dogs were treated before they attacked, you would have a similar outcome. Some people just shouldn't own pets or raise kids. The dog breed isn't the problem though the owner is.

Having a 3-day-old in bed with a dog is as stupid as pretending to be an expert on the breed and ignoring statistics. Did you miss this link?:

https://www.google.com/search?q=babies ... s7RAhVhj1QKHYiFAM8QsAQIGQ

Posted on: 1/19 13:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Another tragedy, one child killed and two injured, one seriously.
http://www.fox29.com/news/229590965-story

Did this happen in Montreal?

Posted on: 1/19 13:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 1/19 13:34
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 1/19 0:58
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
The wiener argument still wins it...

Quote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/steffen ... ies-and-st_b_8112394.html

Maybe more striking is the fact that you are FAR more likely to die from eating a hot dog (choking from inhalation of food) than from being attacked by an actual dog.

Death by a real dog- 1 in 116,448.

Death by a hot dog- 1 in 3,375.

Except 6-year-old Logan Braatz did not die from a hot dog but was maul to death by a dog. What a horrible death.

You know much about the relative horrors of being mauled by dogs and choking on wieners?

I do know the Heimlich maneuver will save someone's life. I used it on someone years ago but all the people who came to aid Logan Braatz was not able to save his life or prevent the hospitalization of the young girl. Too bad the media will not show his image after the mauling. Something like this should be in your brain, dtjcview. You take his death lightly.

Do you generally want us to start showing images of deceased children? I promise you that children that are dead as the result of being run over by cars, choking, ice skating accidents (I remember one particular moment on a skating rink when I got to see what the insides of someone's brains looked like) or any number of other reasons wouldn't look great in pictures. either. The fact is that you don't understand statistics, don't understand dogs, and bleat like a sheep typical dumb arguments like "if it only saves one life!"

Pit bulls/dogs are just not major causes of death for anyone - children or adults. If you want to reduce deaths then there are a million better ways to spend your time.

Posted on: 1/18 23:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

Maybe more striking is the fact that you are FAR more likely to die from eating a hot dog (choking from inhalation of food) than from being attacked by an actual dog.

Except 6-year-old Logan Braatz did not die from a hot dog but was maul to death by a dog. What a horrible death.

You know much about the relative horrors of being mauled by dogs and choking on wieners?

I do know the Heimlich maneuver will save someone's life. I used it on someone years ago but all the people who came to aid Logan Braatz was not able to save his life or prevent the hospitalization of the young girl. Too bad the media will not show his image after the mauling. Something like this should be in your brain, dtjcview. You take his death lightly.

And how callous of you to consider the death of children by other causes like auto accidents and choking on hot dogs - any less important. Oh wait - those deaths don't sell.

Posted on: 1/18 22:31
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 1/18 19:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 1/18 16:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 1/18 16:13
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Posted on: 1/18 15:59
Print Top

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!