Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

Re: Large Explosion in Chelsea - 135 W. 23rd - Dumpster Destroyed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
as most suicidal bombers are uneducated youths with dismal lives, why not just make immigrant rules super easy.

you have to have graduated from one of these colleges to enter, http://www.thebestschools.org/feature ... versities-in-world-today/

that way, people coming are contributing to society. It seriously makes no sense for these refugees to be coming to the USA, I mean how many did we take from Africa? Most refugees flee to neighboring countries, let them come here like they are going to Greece & Italy. If they make it like the Haitians & Chinese, then that's on us and ICE.

A lot of people have miserable lives but they do not plant bombs. Mother Teresa said, "Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty." That applies to anyone including the USA.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
as most suicidal bombers are uneducated youths with dismal lives, why not just make immigrant rules super easy.

you have to have graduated from one of these colleges to enter, http://www.thebestschools.org/feature ... versities-in-world-today/

that way, people coming are contributing to society. It seriously makes no sense for these refugees to be coming to the USA, I mean how many did we take from Africa? Most refugees flee to neighboring countries, let them come here like they are going to Greece & Italy. If they make it like the Haitians & Chinese, then that's on us and ICE.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No you do not ban all immigration but you ban immigration from countries that want to harm you. President Carter banned immigration from Iran in the hostage crisis. Common sense, you do not allow people in who plans on killing you.

Please tell us what are the countries you would ban immigration from.

Any country associated with ISIS.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No you do not ban all immigration but you ban immigration from countries that want to harm you. President Carter banned immigration from Iran in the hostage crisis. Common sense, you do not allow people in who plans on killing you.

Please tell us what are the countries you would ban immigration from.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/21 13:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Trump is a very flawed presidential candidate. I will not deny that, but people are voting for him because they do not feel safe. How can you feel safe when liberals have an agenda of letting in more people who want to kill Americans? Trump's candidacy is due to the liberal agenda in this country including the shipping of jobs overseas. I remember when NAFTA was signed by Bill Clinton and good paying factory jobs went away. So yes, Trump is a flawed candidate but the idea of letting in 500,000 more immigrants is quite scary.

And yet just because people don't "feel safe" doesn't mean they actually in any significant danger.

If terrorism scares you, then using the same logic, you should never enter a car, since you have an exponentially higher chance in dying in an auto accident.

This guy planted a bomb right on the train tracks, along with NYC and Seaside Heights. If he wasn't a complete idiot, he could have killed a lot of people.

And there are others who are more intelligent who share the same goals. That doesn't scare you?

If I was in that exact location at the time the bomb explodes, of course it would be scary. But you've cherry picked a very specific circumstance to fit your argument.

Overall, if terrorism scares me, I should never leave the house. Statistically, I'm exponentially much more likely to die due to an accident.

And your foolish statistic quoting attitude is the exact dangerous attitude held by Clinton, Obama, Lynch, Kerry and Johnson. Hard to believe anyone in NYC walks into a subway station, concert hall, hotel, restaurant with out doing a threat assessment of the public space.

29 people blown up in NYC or 90 dead people run down walking down a boardwalk on a summer night in Nice are viewed as acceptable losses. Anything to destabilize move forward this open border foolishness. They lie right to your face.

It's not foolish when you understand the odds. It is much, much likelier for you to die or become injured via an accident than a terrorist.

If terrorism scares you, you should never leave the house due to everything else that could kill you.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am a baby boomer, as a very young child, I had European immigrants in my classes. Their mothers and father survived World War 2. I remember them well due to their strong accents. Later in high school a large number of Cubans left Cuban and some were also in my classes. The one thing the European and Cuban immigrants have in common, they did not place bombs in this country and terrorize citizens in their new country. This country is not against immigrants, we are against people who want to kill us. You cannot tell the difference between a Syrian and a member of ISIS. Some of ISIS also immigrated to Europe with disastrous results. I cannot believe the leftist talk here.

And not one of these people have expressed any concern about the civil right to life of the victims of these radical Muslim inspired atrocities, anywhere in the world. Who speaks for the dead and the maimed survivors, their families and friends who have suffered a tragic loss. Their loved ones innocently living their lives, enjoying a night out dancing in Orlando or a rock concert in Paris.

I really would love to see these some of these defenders of unvetted mass immigration explain their foolish and dangerous justifications to the terror attack survivors in rehab learning how to walk again or recovering from brain concussions.

The suffering of you and your family is a sacrifice Americans must make to ensure the proper assimilation of people from a culture whose values are diametrically opposite of our own American value system. You will learn to love Sharia Law.

I don't think anybody on this board is defending mass immigration without vetting? Actually, there is a already a lot vetting in the current immigration process. Could it be better? I guess but I don't know enough to judge.

I am an immigrant and I went though the process. After more than 16 years legally in the country, I am actually still going through it...

You followed the rules. Following the rules is the harder path. That is why many do not. The argument here is there are many who believe all that made it here are entitled to stay.

What make you think that refugees are not following the rules?

Whomever follows the legal process IS entitled to stay.

So that settles the Syrian refugees conversation then. As long as they follow the process, they should be welcomed.

Haha, absolutely not. Not until there is a 100% way of vetting them, which we currently don't have. Until then President Trump can set the level he is comfortable with, which may be none for the time being.

What is a 100% way of vetting them?

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am a baby boomer, as a very young child, I had European immigrants in my classes. Their mothers and father survived World War 2. I remember them well due to their strong accents. Later in high school a large number of Cubans left Cuban and some were also in my classes. The one thing the European and Cuban immigrants have in common, they did not place bombs in this country and terrorize citizens in their new country. This country is not against immigrants, we are against people who want to kill us. You cannot tell the difference between a Syrian and a member of ISIS. Some of ISIS also immigrated to Europe with disastrous results. I cannot believe the leftist talk here.

And not one of these people have expressed any concern about the civil right to life of the victims of these radical Muslim inspired atrocities, anywhere in the world. Who speaks for the dead and the maimed survivors, their families and friends who have suffered a tragic loss. Their loved ones innocently living their lives, enjoying a night out dancing in Orlando or a rock concert in Paris.

I really would love to see these some of these defenders of unvetted mass immigration explain their foolish and dangerous justifications to the terror attack survivors in rehab learning how to walk again or recovering from brain concussions.

The suffering of you and your family is a sacrifice Americans must make to ensure the proper assimilation of people from a culture whose values are diametrically opposite of our own American value system. You will learn to love Sharia Law.

I don't think anybody on this board is defending mass immigration without vetting? Actually, there is a already a lot vetting in the current immigration process. Could it be better? I guess but I don't know enough to judge.

I am an immigrant and I went though the process. After more than 16 years legally in the country, I am actually still going through it...

You followed the rules. Following the rules is the harder path. That is why many do not. The argument here is there are many who believe all that made it here are entitled to stay.

So that settles the Syrian refugees conversation then. As long as they follow the process, they should be welcomed.

Haha, absolutely not. Not until there is a 100% way of vetting them, which we currently don't have. Until then President Trump can set the level he is comfortable with, which may be none for the time being.

Since 100% vetting is impossible, with that logic we should ban immigration all together. Because they don't have to be Syrian to be an Isis terrorist. Ha.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Hey TheBigGuy, would you mind explaining to JcMan8 how vetting is possible? It does not seem to believe it is.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
People on this blog know more than the Nato commander about ISIS. "Nato commander: Isis ?spreading like cancer? among refugees."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016 ... nato-commander-terrorists

Thanks for providing a link that nobody is debating about. Who here is denying that ISIS is trying to take advantage of the refugee crisis? Nobody is. That's what any smart terrorist would do.

What we are disussing here is what to do about it. What's your proposed solution? Ban all immigrants from Syria, including christians? Ban immigrants from all Muslim countries? Ban Muslim regardless of country? Please old wise one, share your knowledge

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
People on this blog know more than the Nato commander about ISIS. "Nato commander: Isis ?spreading like cancer? among refugees."
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016 ... nato-commander-terrorists

Posted on: 2016/9/21 3:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

So how is Trump going to implement the "extreme vetting" he proposed?

It will start by re-establishing and enforcing the immigration laws already and in place. The US embassies and consulates are responsible for issuing visas/validating foreign passports. Some the Obama Administration has forgotten or ignored laws already on the books. It is up to the people that want to come here to meet our entry requirements.

Just like getting a license in New Jersey, the applicants need to produce what the state requires. The US does not owe any non-citizen a single thing. They should be able to prove they will not be a burden to the states they are visiting and if they have a relative that is a US citizen, born or naturalized, the process might be expedited. Once paperwork is submitted... security checks like Interpol might be used.

Of course the applicant would pay those processing fees. Maybe we even impose a service fee that would go to the expense of beefing up the US southern border? Now you might call this extreme.... to me it is business as usual.

So vetting is possible then? Do I understand properly?[/quote]

Of course vetting is possible.... but when Obama is issuing Executive Orders to cut corners and expedite the release of these thousands of unknown people into the country.. it leaves a security gap for the undesirable element to breech.
[/quote]

Glad to hear that vetting is possible. Thank you.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

It will start by re-establishing and enforcing the immigration laws already and in place. The US embassies and consulates are responsible for issuing visas/validating foreign passports. Some the Obama Administration has forgotten or ignored laws already on the books. It is up to the people that want to come here to meet our entry requirements.

Just like getting a license in New Jersey, the applicants need to produce what the state requires. The US does not owe any non-citizen a single thing. They should be able to prove they will not be a burden to the states they are visiting and if they have a relative that is a US citizen, born or naturalized, the process might be expedited. Once paperwork is submitted... security checks like Interpol might be used.

Of course the applicant would pay those processing fees. Maybe we even impose a service fee that would go to the expense of beefing up the US southern border? Now you might call this extreme.... to me it is business as usual. [/quote]

So vetting is possible then? Do I understand properly?[/quote]

Of course vetting is possible.... but when Obama is issuing Executive Orders to cut corners and expedite the release of these thousands of unknown people into the country.. it leaves a security gap for the undesirable element to breech.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
135jc - I agree. Follow the rules. But sticking to the topic, excluding someone solely on thier God preference, is silly and unenforceable. So let's not make that a rule.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

So how is Trump going to implement the "extreme vetting" he proposed? [/quote]

Of course the applicant would pay those processing fees. Maybe we even impose a service fee that would go to the expense of beefing up the US southern border? Now you might call this extreme.... to me it is business as usual. [/quote]

So vetting is possible then? Do I understand properly?

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]
So how is Trump going to implement the "extreme vetting" he proposed? [/quote]

Of course the applicant would pay those processing fees. Maybe we even impose a service fee that would go to the expense of beefing up the US southern border? Now you might call this extreme.... to me it is business as usual.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"and it's also a fact that groups other than radical Muslims have engaged in terrorism and sectarian violence. Yet somehow we can't talk about that, can we"?

We would be if they were killing in the name of their God. Jeeze can you really not see the distinction?

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Nobody is in favor of "unvetted" immigration! Of course you need vetting. But vetting based on religion would not work and is a waste of fucking time. I'd feel less safe if "extreme vetting" meant asking someone what there religion was. Any terrorist should be able to figure out a way around that!

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
As I said before, the danger is from two sources, the terrorists and the people in government who rationalizes their behavior. They are just as scary as the terrorists.

Good grief

Explaining behavior is a critical step in figuring out why people engage in certain types of criminal and/or terrorist acts. It is definitely not the same thing as excusing it.

Meanwhile, blaming Syrian war refugees because of the actions of an Afghani-born naturalized US citizen makes no sense whatsoever, and yes that's hateful. Proclaiming that there are parts of European cities that are made awful by Muslims is not only Islamophobic, it's ignorant and hateful. Such statements do not bring us any understanding, and certainly do not prevent these types of attacks.

There is no deep thinking here, radical Muslim theology is not compatible in any sense to western values and they believe it their destiny to destroy anything non-Muslim.

Radical Muslim theology is also a fringe group. They are equivalent to the KKK or National Front.

Quote:
This is a global issue, Chechnya produced Muslim killers that blew up the Boston Marathon and 10 years ago killed 777 teachers and kids in their school. They kidnapped 300+ young women in Nigeria. They are a threat on every continent.

Egads.

Chechnya got butchered by Russia (Christians) numerous times; religion was little more than a convenient way to rally opposition. It's now run by a strongman who has a massive collection of Putin T-shirts and a long list of human rights violations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zEcRT2DBfE

Two young adults who had never spent a day in Chechnya set off a bomb. Not much later, a Christian white supremacist walked into a church and shot a bunch of people because they were black, and he wanted to start a race war. Which is worse? Why don't we assume that all Christians are as bad as Dylan Roof? Why is it OK to apply that fallacious thinking to Muslims?

If you know anything about civil conflicts in Africa, you'd know that kidnapping 300 girls -- while terrible -- is hardly the worst thing that's happened lately, including at the hands of Christians. E.g. Do you really not know that both sides in the Rwanda genocide were predominantly Christian? That many Christian churches sanctioned the genocide? That less than 5% of Rwandans are Muslim, and that community was not an instigator of the murder of 800,000+ people?

Quote:
If someone can demonstrate a way to control / eliminate this real threat in the USA without restricting our own liberties, I will listen.

Uh, hello? Closing the borders won't do anything, because the people doing these attacks have lived in the US for years, often more than a decade.

E.g. Rahami was naturalized in 1990. That was only a few years after we applauded the Mujahideen (and sent them weapons) because they were attacking the Soviets.

Quote:
Temporarily closing the border to permanent/temporary residency and the visa exceptions can be handled at our embassies, as they always were in the past.

Uh, hello? We already spend 2 years vetting refugees. Applications for residency are extensive.

And not even Trump has suggested stopping Muslims from entering the US on tourist visas. That would be utterly insane and unworkable.

Quote:
I can not see how the Obama/Clinton crowd can sleep peacefully at night knowing their ineffective policies and political naivet? have directly lead to the murder or maiming of thousands of innocent families in America.

I can't see how the nativists and Trumpkins can sleep peacefully at night, knowing that they are playing right into the hands of a small group of violent extremists, and have no understanding or perspective on the situation.

P.S. I sleep fine, thanks for asking.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Breaking News: Two years before (2014) Ahmad Khan Rahami planted bombs in New York and New Jersey, his father told the police that his son was a terrorist after domestic violence in the family, officials said.

There are a lot of nut-jobs in prison, but we don't focus on their religious affiliation as we do the islamic criminals !

Noting that Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma Bomber) was as christian and not forgetting the nut-jobs that attacked children in schools!

We would if they claimed the did it for Christ

Posted on: 2016/9/21 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/21 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skinny wrote:
Before most of you go blaming other religious groups for their so-called terrorism, just know this-- Most religions, be it Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, etc. do not have upwards of 40-50% of their doctrine admonishing the "non'believers".

Islam does.

So what? Most leftists are religious. Only 3% of the US are atheists. And Americans can't stand atheists.

And it's also a fact that groups other than radical Muslims have engaged in terrorism and sectarian violence. Yet somehow we can't talk about that, can we?

Oh, and plenty of Christians ignore a wide variety of Biblical injunctions.

Quote:
That is not to say all muslims wish harm on non-believers, but far too much of their earliest sacred text commands it.

And yet, there are over a billion Muslims, most of whom do not want to harm non-Muslims.

You are playing right into the hands of the terrorists. You're alienating Muslims, which only benefits the extremists.

Quote:
Yes, some of you will site examples of hate in the bible, but with few exceptions, it does specifically call to exterminate or subjugate the non-believers.

Uh, hello? Christians spent centuries torturing and killing heretics, as well as Muslims, as well as each others.

Quote:
Until "moderate" Muslims can openly admit their doctrine does not bode well for non-believers at the hands of other Muslims, we will never have a real conversation.

Moderate Muslims -- which are almost all of them -- repeatedly distance themselves from terrorist attacks. You just don't hear it, because you're trying to fit them into your narrative of "Muslim Bad."

Quote:
Until liberals can learn some of the facts as to what animates terrorism and more insidiously, the spread of Sharia and supporters thereof, and not immediately label those with a different perspective as haters, bigots, racists and Islamophobes, then the screaming match and name calling will not end.

Actually, it's non-partisan historians, as well as some leftists, who understand very well what's going on. Brief version:

The West was incredibly savage until about 60-70 years ago, including murdering millions of each other, and committing massive genocide against Jews, and bombing the snot out of Europe -- a process that wrecked countless ancient buildings and objects. (And of course, we slaughtered lots of civilians in lots of conflicts, until after the Vietnam War.)

While all this was going on, the West spent well over 100 years messing with Arab nations, including colonizing them, drawing nonsensical borders with no regard for history or ethnicities, violently suppressing independence movements, supporting brutal dictators because they kept the oil flowing, helping overthrow governments, and of course invading on trumped-up pretexts. In most of those nations, citizens have few freedoms, and few outlets aside from religion. As a result, the extremists who have little real information and no trust in Westerners, and very little political power, are reacting to brutal home rule and Western intervention with asymmetric warfare. A tactic, by the way, that rarely works.

Meanwhile, the US is a fairly violent culture with a sophisticated and omnipresent media/social media presence, which guarantees that a small attack that almost no damage gets national attention for days at a time, and plays into the narrative the extremists set up.

Finally, any student of history should realize that today's Deadly Brutal Existential Threat is, well, tomorrow's Not So Bad After All. British, Mexicans, Germans, Italians, Japanese... All far more serious threats than Muslims. All are now our allies.

Quote:
I would call upon all peaceful Muslims to denounce these acts.

They do. All the time. They've been doing it for YEARS.
http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report ... ough-the-media-ignores-it

Quote:
I would call upon all liberals to stop vilifying anyone who dares criticize political Islam. Shouldn't we measure religion by the character of the people it produces? This should be applied to all religions. Why are some insulated from criticism?

I call on all nativists and conservatives to stop vilifying an entire religion for the actions of a very small group of violent extremists.

Should we look at the KKK and white supremacists, and assume they speak for all Christians? Why are Christians magically exempt from the same standards you apply to Islam?

Posted on: 2016/9/21 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Sorry, not all non-Muslim immigrants have been friendlies. Some immigrants from Europe, Cuba, and others have spied on the US. You could argue espionage is a bigger threat than terrorism. Who knows what that damage that has caused.

Are you against non-Muslim Syrians immigranting?

Are you against Muslims from immigrating from Europe?

What's your faith test to root out the potential terrorists?

Posted on: 2016/9/21 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:

and for the record, those 9/11 hijackers were not immigrants.
WHAT. Literally every single one of them was an immigrant. None of them were American born nor were they citizens.

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda. An overwhelming majority, 15 of the 19, were citizens of Saudi Arabia.[1] The others were from the United Arab Emirates (2), Egypt and Lebanon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks

I'm a very liberal guy, and it really hurts liberal causes in general when delusional people like you bend over backwards and lie to justify Islamic terrorism. Don't willfully ignore reality just to make themselves feel better, it just hurts your ability to muster support for other causes.

they were here on temporary tourist, business, and student visas. they did not immigrate to the U.S.

http://www.fairus.org/issue/identity- ... status-of-9-11-terrorists

Webster's definition of immigrant: "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence."

the word you're looking for is "visitor."

I'm sure that's why you made your original post. You just wanted to remind people that the 9/11 hijackers weren't Muslim immigrants, they were merely "visitors."

You'd make a great newscaster.

you may not like the distinction, but it's an important one.

the Syrian immigrants who are going through the hassle of getting permanent resident status here are people who actually want to live here. the process can take up to two years.

the 9/11 hijackers - whose sole reason for coming here was to do us harm - took the easiest route with short-term visas.

the father of the Chelsea bomber built a business and a community here, and he reported his kid to the FBI when he thought that kid was a danger to fellow Americans. those are the actions of a dedicated immigrant, not a malevolent visitor. (yes, he had issues with his neighbors. just because he himself was not a threat, doesn't mean he can't be annoying.)

You are leaving out the most important fact. The Syrian "refugees" cannot be properly vetted, as our intelligence heads have repeatedly stated. The necessary paperwork doesn't exist, because their countries are torn up. Making it very easy for ISIS to sneak in plenty of their people, as they've been doing in Europe.

Posted on: 2016/9/21 1:34

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017