Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
126 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 126

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

Re: Large Explosion in Chelsea - 135 W. 23rd - Dumpster Destroyed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Assnif:

may you have a 1000 sons and each one be named Mohammed.

#Bismillah !

Quote:

Asif wrote:
BITCH PLEASE! She doesn't have to do a thing you say!

Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There was also just an explosion in a Virginia mall.

And an earlier explosion in a garbage in NJ.

Could be ISIS or another Muslim group.

STOP - THERE IS NO EVIDENCE IT IS A MUSLIM GROUP - JUST STOP IT ALREADY!

You need to make an open apology to the group.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have said no one here including myself hate Muslims, but that has nothing to do with safety. I would not allow my children to play in traffic and I don't think we should allow 500,000 new refugees in this country from Syria.

The suspect they are looking for is not Syrian. It does not appear he is a refugee. He's a naturalized citizen.

And really, what are we going to do? Lock up every single Muslim? Why stop there? Should we refuse to allow anyone of African descent to immigrate to the US, because there are black people in the US who commit crimes?

Quote:
Parts of Europe is called the no-go zones.

Parts of Camden, Newark and Chicago are also "no-go zones" (i.e. areas where women and cops are nervous). That has nothing to do with religion.

Stop with the hatred, Yvonne. Seriously, it helps no one.

Hatred? Where was the hatred from the victims of 9/11? As I said before, the danger is from two sources, the terrorists and the people in government who rationalizes their behavior. They are just as scary as the terrorists.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
They got the scumbag!!!!!

Ahmad Khan Rahami arrested after shootout with cops, was wanted in N.J., NYC bombings

http://www.nj.com/union/index.ssf/201 ... ing.html#incart_big-photo

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for being logical and awesome!

Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Of course that was his name. Of course that was his religion.

When we hear about a mass shooting at a school, no one is surprised when it turns out to be a white Christian who is a natural-born citizen.

It wasn't that long ago that it was Irish Catholics bombing the UK, or white middle-class hippies bombing the US.

There are plenty of white conservative gun owners who have suggested resorting to violence if the government tries to seize their weapons (a policy that no one in the government has actually suggested btw).

Quote:
To deluded people like Jerseymom....

There is no "delusion" involved when someone says "wait for the evidence."

Quote:
People who are unwilling to integrate into our society and culture SHOULD NOT be allowed to immigrate.

1) In the 1920s, the Big Fear (specifically, the Red Scare) was over anarchists and Bolsheviks who were, wait for it... mostly immigrants of Italian descent. Today, for some strange reason, we regard Italians as thoroughly assimilated -- despite describing them in the same terms as we do Muslims today. What a surprise.

2) No, there is absolutely no requirement that immigrants absorb our culture -- nor is it clear what that means anyway. What they are required to do is the same thing as every other citizen and immigrant, namely obey the law.

And no, a tiny handful of the 3.3 million Muslims causing problems is not sufficient to bar entire communities.

3) It is unconstitutional and illegal to bar Muslims from the United States.

Quote:
Trump is right. Enlarging ghettos of Muslims does not advance American interests and in fact endangers us.

Trump has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. My cat is better qualified to deal with the problems of domestic terrorism than he is.

To wit: What exact policies does he offer, to stop a lone terrorist who plants several pressure cooker bombs? What would he do to prevent this? Is he going to denaturalize every single Muslim in the United States?

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
BITCH PLEASE! She doesn't have to do a thing you say!

Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Ahmad Khan Rahami has been arrested:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyr ... mad-khan-rahami.html?_r=0

We didn't go without a fight. Cop reported as being shot. I wonder if the perp took a bullet as well?

Yes, he's been hospitalized.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

When we hear about a mass shooting at a school, no one is surprised when it turns out to be a white Christian who is a natural-born citizen.

It wasn't that long ago that it was Irish Catholics bombing the UK, or white middle-class hippies bombing the US.

There are plenty of white conservative gun owners who have suggested resorting to violence if the government tries to seize their weapons (a policy that no one in the government has actually suggested btw).

Quote:
To deluded people like Jerseymom....

There is no "delusion" involved when someone says "wait for the evidence."

Quote:
People who are unwilling to integrate into our society and culture SHOULD NOT be allowed to immigrate.

1) In the 1920s, the Big Fear (specifically, the Red Scare) was over anarchists and Bolsheviks who were, wait for it... mostly immigrants of Italian descent. Today, for some strange reason, we regard Italians as thoroughly assimilated -- despite describing them in the same terms as we do Muslims today. What a surprise.

2) No, there is absolutely no requirement that immigrants absorb our culture -- nor is it clear what that means anyway. What they are required to do is the same thing as every other citizen and immigrant, namely obey the law.

And no, a tiny handful of the 3.3 million Muslims causing problems is not sufficient to bar entire communities.

3) It is unconstitutional and illegal to bar Muslims from the United States.

Quote:
Trump is right. Enlarging ghettos of Muslims does not advance American interests and in fact endangers us.

Trump has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. My cat is better qualified to deal with the problems of domestic terrorism than he is.

To wit: What exact policies does he offer, to stop a lone terrorist who plants several pressure cooker bombs? What would he do to prevent this? Is he going to denaturalize every single Muslim in the United States?

Posted on: 2016/9/19 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

You CANNOT distinguish between the two from the outside. If you could, I'd have no problem letting the peaceful Muslims come here.

But we can't. Which is why the ONLY solution is to prevent future ones from coming here. Unless we want a future filled with bombings and attacks. Trump has been right from Day 1.

Dude, if we we ever declared something blanketing all M's, that would be a rallying cry for them. Their leaders would be finally able to say that we are at war with all of them and make it that much easier to recruit more poor, disillusioned, people who never should have been born.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

We didn't go without a fight. Cop reported as being shot. I wonder if the perp took a bullet as well?

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
The problem with using the M word is that it affects all the non radicalized M's. We need to distinguish the radicalized M's separate from the regular M's and need to do this without using the word M. Otherwise this will alienate the regular M's and could make this into a religious battle that we didn't know we were entering...

You CANNOT distinguish between the two from the outside. If you could, I'd have no problem letting the peaceful Muslims come here.

But we can't. Which is why the ONLY solution is to prevent future ones from coming here. Unless we want a future filled with bombings and attacks. Trump has been right from Day 1.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
The problem with using the M word is that it affects all the non radicalized M's. We need to distinguish the radicalized M's separate from the regular M's and need to do this without using the word M. Otherwise this will alienate the regular M's and could make this into a religious battle that we didn't know we were entering...

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I have said no one here including myself hate Muslims, but that has nothing to do with safety. I would not allow my children to play in traffic and I don't think we should allow 500,000 new refugees in this country from Syria.

The suspect they are looking for is not Syrian. It does not appear he is a refugee. He's a naturalized citizen.

And really, what are we going to do? Lock up every single Muslim? Why stop there? Should we refuse to allow anyone of African descent to immigrate to the US, because there are black people in the US who commit crimes?

Quote:
Parts of Europe is called the no-go zones.

Parts of Camden, Newark and Chicago are also "no-go zones" (i.e. areas where women and cops are nervous). That has nothing to do with religion.

Stop with the hatred, Yvonne. Seriously, it helps no one.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of course we as a nation can stop supporting dictators that oppress their people. We could stop attacking or overthrowing democratically elected leaders an nations. We could stop selling arms to those very oppressive regimes.

I betcha there would be alot of less of these guys if we tried.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

When most people woke up today and saw he was the suspect, deep down they were not surprised.

To deluded people like Jerseymom, stop feeling guilty over your growing concern over the Muslim problem. I know that's why you lashed out as you did. People who are unwilling to integrate into our society and culture SHOULD NOT be allowed to immigrate. Trump is right. Enlarging ghettos of Muslims does not advance American interests and in fact endangers us.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

When most people woke up today and saw he was the suspect, deep down they were not surprised.

To deluded people like Jerseymom, stop feeling guilty over your growing concern over the Muslim problem. I know that's why you lashed out as you did. People who are unwilling to integrate into our society and culture SHOULD NOT be allowed to immigrate. Trump is right. Enlarging ghettos of Muslims does not advance American interests and in fact endangers us.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Didn't see this posted below:

nj.com "The 5-foot-6, 200 pounds Rahami might be driving a 2003 Honda Civic with New Jersey license plates D63-EYB the FBI said. He should be considered armed and dangerous, officials said."

Wow, that's a big boy.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:

You mean that Trump's 'extreme vetting' plan would not work as vetting isn't possible?

No, unless we occupy the whole damn country and build up a database on the citizenry there over a period of years. We kind of can do this with some of the Afghans and Iraqis (the ones that worked for the US military). Pretty much anyone else, it is impossible.

The only thing that will work is to not bring in any of these people in the first place.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I have said no one here including myself hate Muslims, but that has nothing to do with safety. I would not allow my children to play in traffic and I don't think we should allow 500,000 new refugees in this country from Syria. Parts of Europe is called the no-go zones. It is upsafe for women and cops are afraid to go there. There is an agenda by some Muslims to bring sharia law to where they live.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/ ... young-women-a6801991.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/6 ... areas-police-lost-control

https://swedenreport.org/2015/05/18/po ... re-no-go-zones-in-sweden/

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't see this posted below:

nj.com "The 5-foot-6, 200 pounds Rahami might be driving a 2003 Honda Civic with New Jersey license plates D63-EYB the FBI said. He should be considered armed and dangerous, officials said."

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Trump calls for confronting 'cancer from within' amid terror attacks

Donald Trump revived his calls for tightening immigration following a rapid-fire succession of terror attacks involving foreign-born suspects spanning from Minnesota to New York and New Jersey, describing the threat as ?cancer from within.?

The Republican presidential nominee, in an interview Monday morning with Fox News? ?Fox & Friends,? pointed to the latest threat in doubling down on his criticism of his Democratic opponent wanting to boost refugee admissions.

?Hillary Clinton wants to allow hundreds of thousands of these same people,? Trump said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/ ... -amid-terror-attacks.html

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Yvonne...you have some of the best made up stories ever! When is your book coming out ????

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

HelenaJC wrote:
Historically, the term 'terrorism' refers to a deadly act done in the name of political, racial, or religious ideology. Large-scale killings perpetuated for the sake of violence is not the same thing as terrorism, although both are reprehensible and both cause terror.

For this reason, it is customary for most officials to wait to label it until a motive is established.

It is fine to dispute the need for such distinctions, but you can't pretend that this distinction doesn't exist.

Personally, I don't see the harm in waiting to make pronouncements until more information is available. It's not as if every lead won't be examined, etc. To me, this just shows prudence and level-headedness on the part of authorities.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We don't have a clue who did it, but Comrade de Blasio has no clue if he's saying that there is no link to terrorism. It may not be Muslims, or some right or left wing nutjob, but it was meant to cause terror.

I thought the same thing... on the one hand he states in no uncertain terms that the device and explosion were on purpose, but then goes on to deny it has any links to terrorism. I don't think he understands the meaning of that word. Perhaps he meant to say that there is no known link to terrorist organizations, or Islamic terrorism, but a premeditated bomb explosion is terrorism, no ifs or buts about it.

So you choose to ignore what happened in St. Cloud, where ISIS is claiming this person is their soldier and there is a link between the bombs in NY and NJ. Personally, I wish it is a kid playing with bombs, but it will not be the case. It wasn't in Boston, Orlando, and all the other places. No one wants to think terrorism is in their backyard. I have to say, people like you are just as scary as the terrorists. We cannot have a rational policy to protect this country because you are afraid of offending someone.

Many years ago, my brother drove a cab in California when he was attending college. One of drivers was Muslim and he said this country is stupid, he continued to say we will over take this country because of your freedom. Apparently, that driver was not boasting but telling the agenda of some who believe in martyrdom.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And Hillary wants to open our arms to these people. It's not racist to want to vet the people who want to come here to kill us.

Vetting is part of Hillary Clinton plan for refugees:
http://correctrecord.org/trump-lies-d ... dmitting-syrian-refugees/

From the FBI director's testimony last year... vetting the refugees isn't possible:

https://youtu.be/63Z2HB3IqFw

Yet they do vet them. https://thinkprogress.org/refugees-are ... s-7aefa3326abf#.6eo8cz8fc

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
And Hillary wants to open our arms to these people. It's not racist to want to vet the people who want to come here to kill us.

From the FBI director's testimony last year... vetting the refugees isn't possible:

You mean that Trump's 'extreme vetting' plan would not work as vetting isn't possible?

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

No but it is bigoted to assume that all Muslims are terrorists. Getting into the USA as a refugee is probably the hardest way to get into a america so it is pretty unlikely that a terrorist is sneaking in that way. If you want to cower to feel then that is your choice.

Isis kills more Muslims than anyone else... a lot more. Refugees from Syria are running from the same people you are afraid of.

Typically if you need to remind people you are to being racist you usually are.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 15:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/19 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

HelenaJC wrote:
Historically, the term 'terrorism' refers to a deadly act done in the name of political, racial, or religious ideology. Large-scale killings perpetuated for the sake of violence is not the same thing as terrorism, although both are reprehensible and both cause terror.

For this reason, it is customary for most officials to wait to label it until a motive is established.

It is fine to dispute the need for such distinctions, but you can't pretend that this distinction doesn't exist.

Personally, I don't see the harm in waiting to make pronouncements until more information is available. It's not as if every lead won't be examined, etc. To me, this just shows prudence and level-headedness on the part of authorities.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We don't have a clue who did it, but Comrade de Blasio has no clue if he's saying that there is no link to terrorism. It may not be Muslims, or some right or left wing nutjob, but it was meant to cause terror.

I thought the same thing... on the one hand he states in no uncertain terms that the device and explosion were on purpose, but then goes on to deny it has any links to terrorism. I don't think he understands the meaning of that word. Perhaps he meant to say that there is no known link to terrorist organizations, or Islamic terrorism, but a premeditated bomb explosion is terrorism, no ifs or buts about it.

So you choose to ignore what happened in St. Cloud, where ISIS is claiming this person is their soldier and there is a link between the bombs in NY and NJ. Personally, I wish it is a kid playing with bombs, but it will not be the case. It wasn't in Boston, Orlando, and all the other places. No one wants to think terrorism is in their backyard. I have to say, people like you are just as scary as the terrorists. We cannot have a rational policy to protect this country because you are afraid of offending someone.

Many years ago, my brother drove a cab in California when he was attending college. One of drivers was Muslim and he said this country is stupid, he continued to say we will over take this country because of your freedom. Apparently, that driver was not boasting but telling the agenda of some who believe in martyrdom.

Yvonne and your point is? Even if this was Isis inspired that does not mean all Muslims should be blamed. There are something like 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, if they wanted us dead, we would be dead. Isis is a bunch of pissed off loners who want to feel like they matter. Isis is REALLY good at marketing to these basement dwellers. They are angry and want to feel like they matter and are part of something. hmm sound like anyone to you(looking at you angry bigoted white men)?

Isis is bad Muslims are not. Isis does not equal Muslims. Isis represents Muslims no more than the Aryan Nation and the Westboro Baptist church represents Christians.

For the record, I am a white woman that comes from a christian family. I have 3 best friends, One agnostic, One Jewish, and One Muslim. None of them want death to America.

Posted on: 2016/9/19 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

"These People"? The suspect is a U.S. citizen of Afghan descent

No he is naturalized. He wasn't born here. A naturalized citizen who violates the oath or commits a criminal act can be de-naturalized and deported.

The US govt. de-naturalized and deported a large number of people as a result of the Anarchist terror attacks back in the early 20th century.

What I posted is correct. He's a US citizen. The city of Elizabeth has been feuding with him over his restaurant, "First American Fried Chicken."

http://www.nytimes.com/live/new-york- ... smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Posted on: 2016/9/19 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/19 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(this nj.com link has a few more pictures of the terrorist.. some are the surveillance pictures)

Who is Ahmad Khan Rahami, suspect wanted by FBI in N.J., NYC bombings?

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016 ... ant.html#incart_big-photo

Posted on: 2016/9/19 14:32

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017