Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

Re: Large Explosion in Chelsea - 135 W. 23rd - Dumpster Destroyed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HelenaJC wrote:
Historically, the term 'terrorism' refers to a deadly act done in the name of political, racial, or religious ideology. A large-scale killing perpetuated for the sake of violence is not the same thing as terrorism, although both are reprehensible and both cause terror.

For this reason, it is customary for most officials to wait to label it until a motive is established.

It is fine to dispute the need for such distinctions, but you can't pretend that this distinction doesn't exist.

Personally, I don't see the harm in waiting to make pronouncements until more information is available. It's not as if every lead won't be examined, etc. To me, this just shows prudence and level-headedness on the part of authorities.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We don't have a clue who did it, but Comrade de Blasio has no clue if he's saying that there is no link to terrorism. It may not be Muslims, or some right or left wing nutjob, but it was meant to cause terror.

I thought the same thing... on the one hand he states in no uncertain terms that the device and explosion were on purpose, but then goes on to deny it has any links to terrorism. I don't think he understands the meaning of that word. Perhaps he meant to say that there is no known link to terrorist organizations, or Islamic terrorism, but a premeditated bomb explosion is terrorism, no ifs or buts about it.

I have to disagree with you. Yes, the legal definition of terrorism is indeed somewhat more narrowly defined to specify that the act was conducted for political, religious or other ideological reasons. But, the more general understanding of terrorism is that it is an act meant to foster, propagate, or spread, fear [terror] among the population at large. Whether the act was conducted for political or ideological reasons is simply a distinction without a difference: the public at large is now more prone to live with a heightened sense of fear and more wary of their surroundings.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 22:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/10 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Waiting to collect facts before making an official pronouncement regarding cause is the responsibility of all public officials. While private citizens can speculate all they want, we hold elected officials to a higher standard. Waiting for facts doesn't mean justice isn't being served. It's called not being reckless.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HelenaJC wrote:
Historically, the term 'terrorism' refers to a deadly act done in the name of political, racial, or religious ideology. Large-scale killings perpetuated for the sake of violence is not the same thing as terrorism, although both are reprehensible and both cause terror.

For this reason, it is customary for most officials to wait to label it until a motive is established.

It is fine to dispute the need for such distinctions, but you can't pretend that this distinction doesn't exist.

Personally, I don't see the harm in waiting to make pronouncements until more information is available. It's not as if every lead won't be examined, etc. To me, this just shows prudence and level-headedness on the part of authorities.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
We don't have a clue who did it, but Comrade de Blasio has no clue if he's saying that there is no link to terrorism. It may not be Muslims, or some right or left wing nutjob, but it was meant to cause terror.

I thought the same thing... on the one hand he states in no uncertain terms that the device and explosion were on purpose, but then goes on to deny it has any links to terrorism. I don't think he understands the meaning of that word. Perhaps he meant to say that there is no known link to terrorist organizations, or Islamic terrorism, but a premeditated bomb explosion is terrorism, no ifs or buts about it.

So you choose to ignore what happened in St. Cloud, where ISIS is claiming this person is their soldier and there is a link between the bombs in NY and NJ. Personally, I wish it is a kid playing with bombs, but it will not be the case. It wasn't in Boston, Orlando, and all the other places. No one wants to think terrorism is in their backyard. I have to say, people like you are just as scary as the terrorists. We cannot have a rational policy to protect this country because you are afraid of offending someone.

Many years ago, my brother drove a cab in California when he was attending college. One of drivers was Muslim and he said this country is stupid, he continued to say we will over take this country because of your freedom. Apparently, that driver was not boasting but telling the agenda of some who believe in martyrdom.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 21:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/10 18:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Historically, the term 'terrorism' refers to a deadly act done in the name of political, racial, or religious ideology. A large-scale killing perpetuated for the sake of violence is not the same thing as terrorism, although both are reprehensible and both cause terror.

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/18 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/18 20:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
The NYC bomber was Arab.

We don't have any idea who set the bombs. False details, fake claims and inaccurate details are routine with something like this. What little info the police have suggest it wasn't an international attack.

People who jump to conclusions, before the facts are in, are reckless.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Hillary has called for a 550% increase in the amount of Syrian refugees we take in, so we can look forward to many more of these attacks if she gets in.

Syrian refugees haven't launched any attacks on US soil, period. We certainly don't have any evidence they are connected to this incident.

Please, spare us your fear-mongering.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
The NYC bomber was Arab. He called 911 after the bombing and told them: "I?m looking at the explosion down the block. There will be more."

People with Jerseymom's way of thinking are dangerous. They are too deluded and cannot properly recognize deadly threats to us all. Notice how unhinged and off-the-handle she was at the mere suggestion that Muslims could be behind the bombing - the single most statistically likely perpetrator.

Meanwhile, Hillary has called for a 550% increase in the amount of Syrian refugees we take in, so we can look forward to many more of these attacks if she gets in.

?There will be more?: Chilling 911 call after the Chelsea explosion

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/there-wi ... er-the-chelsea-explosion/

Posted on: 2016/9/18 18:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I knew it. And Governor Cuomo has publicly rebuked the clueless "progressive" DeBlasio, who was so quick to pretend terrorism had nothing to do with the bombing last night.

New York blast 'obviously an act of terrorism,' governor says

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/18/us/new-york-explosion/

Don't forget about Clueless Jerseymom.

?I am sore wounded but not slain
I will lay me down and bleed a while
And then rise up to fight again?

John Dryden

Meanwhile in Gotham, has the bomber revealed him/herself?

Honestly, it is scary to think people in government share your views. No one here hates people of the Muslim faith but neither can we ignore what is happening. A little history, northern Africa had strong Christians community. St. Augustine of Hippo and early popes came from there. When Islam arrived as a new religion in the 6th-7th centuries, that changed. People were converted by the sword. The large Christian population in the Middle East were converted by the sword. Islam went into Spain, Portugal and parts of France. Many Muslims believe those lands should be converted again and I am sure they have their eyes on the USA too.

This is why we need Trump. So people with Jerseymom's attitude get kicked out of the government (at least federal government), before liberals' coodling of Muslims gets us all killed.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 18:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
I knew it. And Governor Cuomo has publicly rebuked the clueless "progressive" DeBlasio, who was so quick to pretend terrorism had nothing to do with the bombing last night.

John Dryden

Honestly, it is scary to think people in government share your views. No one here hates people of the Muslim faith but neither can we ignore what is happening. A little history, northern Africa had strong Christians community. St. Augustine of Hippo and early popes came from there. When Islam arrived as a new religion in the 6th-7th centuries, that changed. People were converted by the sword. The large Christian population in the Middle East were converted by the sword. Islam went into Spain, Portugal and parts of France. Many Muslims believe those lands should be converted again and I am sure they have their eyes on the USA too.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

John Dryden

Edit - 2pm - the tumblr page has been taken down - here is the "manifesto" content that was posted:

Manufacturing Test Explosives

Hi.

You probably have all seen the news by now,
the explosives detonated in New York City, that was me. Those were just some tests, I know where I have made errors and I will not make the same mistake next time.
I did it because I cannot stand society.
I cannot live in a world where homosexuals like myself as well as the rest of the LGBTQ+ community are looked down upon by society.

It is 2016 and we are still being viewed as mentally ill, sinners, attention seekers, and just plain weirdos in general. I am not going to stand by while under classed and underprivileged people are oppressed. I am not going to stand by while there is inequality in my country such as the racism being seen in white police officers all over the country. I am not going to live in a country where it is OK to have a misogynist, xenophobic, racist Islamophobic, republican candidate running for President of The United States! That?s implying that republicans in general should even be taken seriously as they are all cisgendered privileged white people.

This is not the end, this is just the beginning. I will be remembered. I will make a difference. I will eliminate my targets before it is too late.

newyork bombing lgbt lgbtpride equality thebeginning

Taking a human life

I don?t know exactly how I feel about taking human lives
However, what I do know is that If I don?t do what needs to be done nobody will pay attention. LGBTQ+ people are much more likely to commit suicide than straight cisgendered people. It seems that nobody cares, however what if people from the LGBTQ+ community started lashing out in response to the violence and oppression we face with violence and possibly oppression? I?m sure that would give people a reason to not stand by while so many people are being oppressed. I suppose I?m just going to have to move forward knowing that what I am doing had a purpose and will in fact make a difference. I?ll keep you all posted.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 17:43

Edited by jerseymom on 2016/9/18 17:59:37
Edited by jerseymom on 2016/9/18 18:01:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

People like her are well-intended, but ultimately so clueless that they wouldn't recognize a threat before it was too late.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/18 17:16
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/18 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ISIS Claims Credit for Stabbing Attack at Minnesota Mall

By MITCH SMITH and RUKMINI CALLIMACHI SEPT. 18, 2016

A report by a news agency linked to the Islamic State claimed on Sunday that a ?soldier of the Islamic State? was behind a stabbing attack Saturday night at a Minnesota shopping mall. Eight people were injured in the attack before the knife-wielding man was fatally shot by an off-duty police officer, the authorities in St. Cloud said.

The police said that the attacker had mentioned Allah and asked at least one victim if he was Muslim. All eight victims were expected to survive.

The Islamic State on Sunday claimed credit for the attack. The Amaq News Agency, which acts as the terror group?s news wire, released a bulletin saying that the ?executor of the stabbing attacks in #Minnesota yesterday was a soldier of the Islamic State.?

The bulletin went on to say that the attack had been perpetrated in response to the group?s call to ?target citizens of countries belonging to the crusader coalition,? a term referring to the United States-led coalition carrying out airstrikes against the group.

The language of the Islamic State bulletin ? down to the reference of the perpetrator as a ?soldier? of the terror group and his stated motive ? mirrors claims of responsibility the group issued for numerous attacks in recent weeks.

Google: ISIS Claims Credit for Stabbing Attack at Minnesota Mall NYT

Posted on: 2016/9/18 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/18 15:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Was watching the 8:00 pm showing of Sully @ Chelsea bow tie cinema. Sometime during the first half of the movie there was off placed loud deep boom. I thought it was just part of the movie sound effect . It wasn't until we got and found the theater closed and police ushering everyone over to 8th avenue.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There was also just an explosion in a Virginia mall.

And an earlier explosion in a garbage in NJ.

Could be ISIS or another Muslim group.

STOP - THERE IS NO EVIDENCE IT IS A MUSLIM GROUP - JUST STOP IT ALREADY!

Can you name another group that want to kill Americans?

The KKK they work in our government, the teach our children, some even police our neighborhoods. There are quite a few that want to kill Americans. Get a damn clue.

Could you name the last time the KKK placed bombs in NJ and NY? Personally I cannot think of any time.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
If anyone wants to see what it looked like. About 32 seconds in, top of the frame.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQlsu_1g90

Posted on: 2016/9/18 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I walked by that spot on 23rd st around 7 pm if I left Chelsea any later I would have been caught in the explosion.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 12:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/18 11:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/18 11:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/18 10:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There was also just an explosion in a Virginia mall.

And an earlier explosion in a garbage in NJ.

Could be ISIS or another Muslim group.

STOP - THERE IS NO EVIDENCE IT IS A MUSLIM GROUP - JUST STOP IT ALREADY!

Can you name another group that want to kill Americans?

The KKK they work in our government, the teach our children, some even police our neighborhoods. There are quite a few that want to kill Americans. Get a damn clue.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 10:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nationa ... 6-b7bbd53d2b5d_story.html

In Jim Cooley?s open-carry America, even a trip to Walmart can require an AR-15

WINDER, Ga. ?All Jim Cooley wants to do is buy some soda.

?You want to come to Walmart?? he asks his wife.

?No,? Maria says.

?Pretty please?? Jim asks.

?I?m not going to sit there and have the police called on you. I mean, I don?t want to see that crap,? Maria says, knowing what a trip to Walmart means. She knows her 51-year-old husband has two guns inside the house, and this afternoon it won?t be the 9mm, which he straps on with a round in the chamber when grabbing lunch at his favorite fast-food restaurant or visiting a friend?s auto shop. It?ll be the AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, which he brings when going somewhere he thinks is dangerous, like the Atlanta airport, where he?s taken it loaded with a 100-bullet drum, or Walmart, where he thinks crowds could pose easy targets for terrorists.

In a country of relaxing gun laws where it?s now legal to open-carry in 45 states and there are 14.5 million people with carry permits, every day seems to bring a new version of what open carry can mean. In Kentucky, it?s now legal to open-carry in city buildings. In downtown Cleveland, people carried military-style rifles during the Republican National Convention. In Howell, Mich., last month, a father went openly armed to his child?s middle-school orientation. In Mississippi, it?s now legal to open-carry without a permit at all. And in Georgia, which has passed a ?guns everywhere? bill and has issued nearly 1 million carry permits, Jim Cooley is staking out his version of what?s acceptable as he keeps pleading with his wife.

?I got to get soda.?

Maria sighs. She worked the night before assembling air-conditioner compressors at a nearby factory, and in a few hours, she knows she?ll have to leave for another third shift.

?Yeah,? she says, giving in. ?I might as well get this travesty out of the way.?

?What travesty??

?You carrying a big ol? rifle in the store, scaring the hell out of all the Walmart shoppers.?

?There?s no difference between carrying a rifle and carrying a handgun,? he says.

?You tried that last time, remember?? Maria says, stepping into a pair of flip-flops and running her fingers through her hair. ?And what happened? Barrow County sheriffs. Three or four of them.?

?They can?t tell me what and what not to carry,? Jim says. ?You know I wouldn?t listen to them anyway.?

?Well, you go one way in the store; I?ll go the other,? Maria says. ?Then when they say, ?Ma?am, do you know this person?? I?ll say, ?No, I?ve never seen him before in my life.???

He places a lit cigarette into an ashtray, walks into his bedroom, reaches behind its door, picks up the AR-15, snaps in a magazine with 15 rounds, and slings the rifle around his left shoulder so it rests against his torso.

?Ready?? he asks.

?Yeah,? she says, grabbing her purse and following her husband out the door for an afternoon trip to Walmart to buy soda.

The gun Jim Cooley carries is the ATI Omni-Hybrid Maxx AR-15 semiautomatic rifle. It cost him $579.99. It weighs 6.25 pounds, is 35 inches long, and fires bullets as fast as the trigger can be pulled, and, as Jim has learned, fits nicely between the front seats of a white minivan with peeling paint on the front and a bumper sticker on the back that says, ?I ? Law.?

Jim goes everywhere now with a gun ? if not the AR-15, then his sidearm ? and is so reliant on one being close by that it surprises him to think the majority of his life was lived otherwise. He was raised in a working-class family in Chicago, where he can?t imagine living now because of its strict gun laws. But they didn?t bother him then. He didn?t hunt. He didn?t fear for his safety. If his dad had a gun, no one knew. He grew up without a gun, went to church without a gun, married Maria without a gun, began raising two children without a gun, and settled into a life that felt as safe as it was dependable.

But then it began unraveling, starting when he was fired from a trucking job days after telling Maria, who was pregnant with their first child, to quit her job and focus on the baby, that he could support them both. Their first bankruptcy filing wasn?t far behind, then the second, and the third, and then they were moving to Florida, where Maria had family and where Jim got a job with a grocery chain. It transferred him to Winder, and he moved the family into a middle-class neighborhood struggling with crime and drugs.

Jim now steers past the house of a neighbor who sold him his first gun ? a .380 semiautomatic for $100 ? so he could protect his family from that crime, then past Winder?s only gun shop where he took his dad so he could buy a gun, too. He lights a cigarette, feels the breeze from an open window because the air conditioner is broken, and takes a sip of soda from a big mug that says Athens Regional Medical Center.

It?s a memento of sorts from the day in late 2008 when he emerged from that hospital with three stents in his heart, debts worth $41,052.51 and a dawning realization he was now disabled, broke and would never work again. After the heart attack, he lost most of the circulation in his legs, received three more stents and started using an electric scooter whenever he had to walk long distances.

He told Maria he was all used up, a drag on the family. She should think about leaving him. But she wouldn?t, even after the hospital sued him for unpaid medical bills, even after he was arrested when he carried his .380 outside a school board meeting, even after he came home one day with an AR-15. He shot it at a nearby firing range and, feeling a sense of control that had gone missing in his life, told Maria he could now keep the family safe.

She now sits at his side, as always, in the passenger seat. At first, she didn?t understand the changes she saw in the man she married 24 years ago. Why did he suddenly want a gun when he never mentioned one before? Why did he want her to get one, too? Why did he put two four-inch knives inside the car?s ?passenger-side door? And why all the security cameras? Maria glances at a small screen beneath the rearview mirror: It shows feeds from surveillance cameras affixed inside the car that start recording when someone turns the ignition.

But Maria went along with all of it. She bought a .380 semi?automatic and has gotten used to taking it with her wherever she goes. She got used to the cameras, too, including the seven Jim placed around the house?s perimeter. She began to understand why he was so concerned about crime, about terrorists, about the need to protect their family because they couldn?t count on the government to do it for them. Last year, when he showed her his new AR-15 and asked her to shoot it, she did, feeling intimidated afterward. But then she did it again. And when he started bringing the rifle not just to the range, but to Atlanta, to the airport, inside Walmart, she eventually went along with that, too.

So much of her life involves accommodating him now, including just before they left for Walmart and he asked her to send a Facebook message to a local deputy about his plans. ?What do you want me to tell him?? Maria had asked.

?Say, ?Hey, buddy, I?m going to Walmart, and I?m going to have my AR with me, so if any call comes over the radio, you know it?s me,? Jim told her.

Maria sat at a laptop in a bedroom cluttered with stacks of documents, some of which detailed foreclosure proceedings against the house, and saw the browser had 35 tabs open. One was a YouTube video of something called ?Police State 101.? Another showed the dictionary definition of the word ?law.? Another was a fringe website her husband classifies as ?underground,? the sort he started visiting more frequently after he joined a Georgia militia in late 2014 and decided it was up to him to protect his family from foreign and government threats.

She messaged the deputy, then looked at Jim?s Facebook page. It bore pictures of her husband carrying guns and posts about a country dissolving into chaos and videos about people stopping intruders with guns, people killing burglars with guns, people shooting big guns, small guns, all kinds of guns, that he watches late into the night.

She came back to the kitchen table, where Jim sat and smoked.

?At least I notified the sheriff?s department ahead of time,? he said. He looked at Maria. ?Come on, come to Walmart with me,? he said. ?I got to get soda.?

So she went along with that, too, and now here she is, pulling into a parking spot outside Walmart, and her husband is reaching for an AR-15 that he tells her sometimes he would have no problem using against a thief breaking into their house, or a violent protester in the streets of Milwaukee, or a terrorist in Syria, or, if necessary, even a stray dog on their lawn.

The Walmart Supercenter is outside of downtown Winder, next to the Subway, the Great Clips, the GameStop, and buffered by a parking lot that can easily fit hundreds of cars, but is rarely more than half-full on weekdays. There are two entrances. One is beside the landscaping section and says ?Home and Garden? above the doorway. The other, which Jim now walks through, leads to another Subway, this one just inside the supercenter.

As Maria goes ahead, Jim veers to the right, where he climbs into a complimentary electric scooter, repositions his AR-15 so its barrel points toward the scuffed vinyl floor, and rolls into the store.

?Hey, Maria,? he calls when catching up to her. ?Do we need any lunch meat??

?I?ll go get some salami,? she says.

?All right,? he says, now alone, and accelerates the scooter deeper into the store, crossing into the grocery section. Two middle-aged women stand beside a refrigerator, talking. One of them looks at Jim, sees the gun around his neck and goes silent. The other woman turns, and when she sees the gun, her expression freezes, too. But it?s not the fearful looks that Jim notices as he rolls past. It?s a nearby sale. ?Eighty-eight cents for a loaf,? he says and keeps moving toward the back of the store.

Not everyone sees his AR-15, which is partially obscured by the cart. One man walks past without a second look. So does a woman, making her way into the clothing section. One couple give Jim wide berth, their eyes on his scooter and, briefly, his gun. And then Jim gets where he?s going ? the soda aisle ? and sees what he?s looking for.

He reaches out and, grunting, pulls free a 24-pack of Diet Dr. Thunder. Trying not to jostle the AR-15, he leans forward and, twisting awkwardly, drops the box into the scooter?s front cart, accidentally tearing it open.

?They don?t make these things like they used to,? he says quietly and grabs another 24-pack of Diet Dr. Thunder, placing this one inside the cart more gently.

In search of Maria, he continues into the dairy section, where he wheels past a father and his young daughter who stares at his rifle, into aisle 9, where he puts a large can of Great Value Classic Roast Coffee into his cart, and finally back to the front of the supercenter, where he sees Maria ordering salami.

She takes the soda and coffee out of his cart and places it in her own. She gestures at a nearby cheesecake. ?They got strawberry swirl,? she says.

He is leaning forward. The muzzle of the loaded gun is pressing against his shoe. Now it?s sliding under his shoelaces.

?Give me the strawberry swirl,? he says, and as Maria heads toward the checkout line with the cheesecake, the salami, the coffee and the soda, he straightens up and the muzzle slides free of his shoe.

He steers toward the front doors, parks the scooter, slowly stands and walks outside, and that?s when a group of employees standing just outside the entrance notices the gun.

?Is that what I see?? one will later recall saying.

?What do we do if he comes in the store??

?If someone feels uncomfortable, what can we do??

They continue staring as Jim walks into the parking lot toward the car.

?You know my grandfather was murdered, right?? one of the employees says, and as they launch into a discussion of a robbery and shooting that happened in 1973, they are in the midst of a late summer afternoon in 2016 with its own set of shootings.

In California, by the end of this day, a 61-year-old man will have been shot to death at a carwash.

In Virginia, an intruder will have burst into a home and killed a 24-year-old man inside.

In Missouri, a woman will have shot and killed a man she said was chasing her.

And meanwhile, in Georgia, Jim is braking hard on the ride home, causing his AR-15 to topple forward.

?Can you hold onto that for me, please?? he asks Maria.

?Yeah,? she says, putting the gun back where it was, and without further incident they continue on their way home, where Jim puts away his AR-15, sits down at the kitchen table and takes a drink of Diet Dr. Thunder.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 9:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
TOILET THREAD.... RETREAT! DO NOT ENGAGE!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/18 3:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The victims in the attack are the blind residents on the block.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 3:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
VA is nothing... let NYC / NJ authorities investigate.

http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/ ... explosion--393851781.html

Posted on: 2016/9/18 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Not letting my guard down, too many people, loved ones, and all we strived for is at stake.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
1. Virginia explosion caused by transformer - NOT A MUSLIM

Link

2. Some NYC experts are reporting that the dumpster explosion was caused by discarded construction materials/chemical reaction - NOT A MUSLIM

Sweet dreams, everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=670qHZBM5Is

https://youtu.be/ZiDuEdMk1CQ

Posted on: 2016/9/18 2:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh for one. here's a comprehensive list you dumb fuckers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States

Timothy McVeigh is dead, therefore he is incapable of making a pipe bomb.

Posted on: 2016/9/18 2:54

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017