Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cat Sitter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I recommend Diana from City Lickers. Trust her implicitly but she only works downtown.

http://www.citylickerspetcare.com/

Posted on: 2016/10/27 18:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 17:30
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry I haven't responded but I'm busy with clients who understand the NEED FOR DAILY VISITS.

Would you leave your child or dog with someone coming every other day? Cats like consistency. If they are fed and loved daily why change it?

Bowls get knocked down so no water. Cats can eat a plastic bag or other thing they should not a day get sick fast. Cats can get locked in or stuck somewhere. It's not about the liability issues. It's about common, proper care. It's about compassion for a living thing.

I had an inquiring client ask about why I require daily visits claiming I'm in it for the $$. I asked him how he would feel about someone checking in on him every other day if he were a cat.

Cats have feeling and most want some sense of companionship. But I've learned each pet owner knows best; I can only offer suggestions

Posted on: 2016/10/9 22:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatmanJC wrote:
I'm a long time Cat sitter based in Jersey City. I do NOT recommend bringing your Cat to another home. Cats like consistansy and familiar surroundings. The best advice is to leave your Kitty at home and have a professional Cat sitter come to care and play with the Cat.

Also Cats need a MINIMUM of DAILY visits. Things can go wrong quickly.

If you would like some information of my services you can email me at catman@thecatsmeowservices.com

They don't *need* daily visits, most sitters just recommend it to avoid liability issues if something does go wrong or if a clients cat is particularly needy. For instance I have a few ferals living indoors and they are totally fine just having food and litter refilled and scooped but my other cat is extremely needy and tears up the house while I am away for long periods of time. Many people with cats who don't like visitors set up automatic feeders and cameras and keep an eye on things remotely but need someone to scoop the box or change the water and refill the feeders. To each their own. If I didn't have the needy cat, I'd go every other day.

I personally would not recommend bringing your cat to someone else's home and would suggest a cat sitter for sure, however the frequency really depends on how needy your cat is.

Posted on: 2016/9/14 5:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
The needed frequency of visits depends completely on the cat (within reason). My cat hates "intruders" so daily would cause incredible stress. Trust your instincts, OP.

Posted on: 2016/9/13 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

It would need to be a sitter with a house i could bring her to. No animals aside from caged animals and definitely no dogs.

Resized Image

Yep she's a queen don't be a hater. When I die I want to back as my cat or my best friend's cat they live the life.

Posted on: 2016/9/13 2:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 17:30
Group:
Registered Users
I'm a long time Cat sitter based in Jersey City. I do NOT recommend bringing your Cat to another home. Cats like consistansy and familiar surroundings. The best advice is to leave your Kitty at home and have a professional Cat sitter come to care and play with the Cat.

Also Cats need a MINIMUM of DAILY visits. Things can go wrong quickly.

If you would like some information of my services you can email me at catman@thecatsmeowservices.com

Posted on: 2016/9/13 0:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Oh Pussy !

Posted on: 2016/9/12 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

It would need to be a sitter with a house i could bring her to. No animals aside from caged animals and definitely no dogs.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/12 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Most of the pet sitters I know have several pets of their own so bringing in a new cat in isn't a good idea. More often they care for your pet in your home while you're away. You give them the keys and they stop by as often as you've requested. These are reliable folks and they're pros.

If you're in DTJC I can suggest a couple.

Posted on: 2016/9/12 18:14

Cat Sitter
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/2 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a cat sitter? I tried Whisker and Leo but they don't have available sitter. I don't want to leave her at a kennel. It would need to be a sitter with a house i could bring her to. No animals aside from caged animals and definitely no dogs.

Thank you

Posted on: 2016/9/12 17:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017