Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
127 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 127

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Advice for good building close to Path?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Chconkl wrote:
I'm curious about Art House. There are a few mentions of noise on yelp reviews, particularly hearing people above walking around. Have you experienced that? Does anyone on here have an opinion of Liberty Towers?

Going by what one of my ArtHouse neighbors says, who happens to be a former resident of Liberty Towers, this place is 1,000 times better than LT. As for noise, perhaps I am exceedingly lucky, but I *never* hear any neighbors. I work from home several times per week, and silence, or minimum noise at, is important for calls and for getting my coding done, and I am glad to say this place is near silent at all times. YMMV.

Posted on: 2016/8/29 18:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 20:36
From New York, NY
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious about Art House. There are a few mentions of noise on yelp reviews, particularly hearing people above walking around. Have you experienced that? Does anyone on here have an opinion of Liberty Towers?

Posted on: 2016/8/29 15:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/10/4 13:18
Group:
Registered Users
looking for quite place in DT JC ==> paulus hook.

Posted on: 2016/8/12 18:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/7 18:23
From NYC
Group:
Registered Users
Once again, great points - thank you!

Posted on: 2016/8/11 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JosephSwift wrote:
The suggestions so far have been great, and I'm lining up some viewings - but I was curious if you guys think there's any value in waiting to check out that new Harborside building, the ones that look like they are a stack of books? Saw another past saying they were likely to have units available in September.

There is no way they will start move ins by September. Looking at it from my window, they still have a construction elevator shaft on the side of the building, which means none of the floors are yet sealed and being finished. It is still very much an active construction zone. Also, consider that URL (yes, that's what the development is called... Urban Ready Living, a terrible name if I may so) is slated to consists of three towers. As soon as they finish that one and start moving in people, they will get started on the others. You mention you work from home, so you may not appreciate the constant noise of pilings, demolition and construction happening right next door.

Posted on: 2016/8/11 21:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NYC
Group:
Registered Users
The suggestions so far have been great, and I'm lining up some viewings - but I was curious if you guys think there's any value in waiting to check out that new Harborside building, the ones that look like they are a stack of books? Saw another past saying they were likely to have units available in September.

Posted on: 2016/8/11 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Van Vorst Park, Grove Street, Harsimus Cove, Journal Sq, Paulus Hook, Powerhouse Arts District are your choices. Avoid Newport.

Graphic Map of JC

Posted on: 2016/8/1 20:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NYC
Group:
Registered Users
Awesome advice, thank you. Not too sensitive on the budget side, so I'll just check em' all out. But sounds like yours hits the mark.

Posted on: 2016/8/1 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JosephSwift wrote:
Hey guys, I've decided to move from midtown west NYC to Jersey City - since I work from home. The number of apartment buildings seems pretty overwhelming and I was hoping for some suggestions on great places to check out?

Any newer quality buildings really close to a path station?

Aside from that.. a doorman, good internet, and relative quiet is really all that I'm looking for.

It seems like there have been similar threads in recent times.

I can wholeheartedly recommend The ArtHouse JC (148 1st St.) which is where I currently reside. It meets all of your stated requirements: its location is relatively quiet (the window seals are excellent, drowning out most noises) and less than a 5 minute walk to the PATH station, with 24-hr doorman, and all units are wired for Verizon FiOS. Other amenities include an on site gym, and a rooftop with dual terraces, a pool and grills. I work from home several times per week, and I am able to do so free of noise or issues. The building is only two years old, so everything is in god shape, and it is also relatively small with about 110 units total.

If budget is a concern, I hear that The Morgan and The One have very good common areas and amenities with lower rents. They are both less than a year old, but much bigger buildings of over 400 units each.

Posted on: 2016/8/1 16:28

Advice for good building close to Path?

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NYC
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys, I've decided to move from midtown west NYC to Jersey City - since I work from home. The number of apartment buildings seems pretty overwhelming and I was hoping for some suggestions on great places to check out?

Any newer quality buildings really close to a path station?

Aside from that.. a doorman, good internet, and relative quiet is really all that I'm looking for.

Posted on: 2016/8/1 15:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017