Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 31 »

Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
It's no joke, Trump is a traitor and unfit to be POTUS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/opi ... hillary-clinton.html?_r=1

The Opinion Pages | CAMPAIGN STOPS

I Ran the C.I.A. Now I?m Endorsing Hillary Clinton.
By MICHAEL J. MORELLAUG. 5, 2016

During a 33-year career at the Central Intelligence Agency, I served presidents of both parties ? three Republicans and three Democrats. I was at President George W. Bush?s side when we were attacked on Sept. 11; as deputy director of the agency, I was with President Obama when we killed Osama bin Laden in 2011.

I am neither a registered Democrat nor a registered Republican. In my 40 years of voting, I have pulled the lever for candidates of both parties. As a government official, I have always been silent about my preference for president.

No longer. On Nov. 8, I will vote for Hillary Clinton. Between now and then, I will do everything I can to ensure that she is elected as our 45th president.

Two strongly held beliefs have brought me to this decision. First, Mrs. Clinton is highly qualified to be commander in chief. I trust she will deliver on the most important duty of a president ? keeping our nation safe. Second, Donald J. Trump is not only unqualified for the job, but he may well pose a threat to our national security.

I spent four years working with Mrs. Clinton when she was secretary of state, most often in the White House Situation Room. In these critically important meetings, I found her to be prepared, detail-oriented, thoughtful, inquisitive and willing to change her mind if presented with a compelling argument.

I also saw the secretary?s commitment to our nation?s security; her belief that America is an exceptional nation that must lead in the world for the country to remain secure and prosperous; her understanding that diplomacy can be effective only if the country is perceived as willing and able to use force if necessary; and, most important, her capacity to make the most difficult decision of all ? whether to put young American women and men in harm?s way.

Mrs. Clinton was an early advocate of the raid that brought Bin Laden to justice, in opposition to some of her most important colleagues on the National Security Council. During the early debates about how we should respond to the Syrian civil war, she was a strong proponent of a more aggressive approach, one that might have prevented the Islamic State from gaining a foothold in Syria.

I never saw her bring politics into the Situation Room. In fact, I saw the opposite. When some wanted to delay the Bin Laden raid by one day because the White House Correspondents Dinner might be disrupted, she said, ?Screw the White House Correspondents Dinner.?

In sharp contrast to Mrs. Clinton, Mr. Trump has no experience on national security. Even more important, the character traits he has exhibited during the primary season suggest he would be a poor, even dangerous, commander in chief.

These traits include his obvious need for self-aggrandizement, his overreaction to perceived slights, his tendency to make decisions based on intuition, his refusal to change his views based on new information, his routine carelessness with the facts, his unwillingness to listen to others and his lack of respect for the rule of law.

The dangers that flow from Mr. Trump?s character are not just risks that would emerge if he became president. It is already damaging our national security.

President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was a career intelligence officer, trained to identify vulnerabilities in an individual and to exploit them. That is exactly what he did early in the primaries. Mr. Putin played upon Mr. Trump?s vulnerabilities by complimenting him. He responded just as Mr. Putin had calculated.

Mr. Putin is a great leader, Mr. Trump says, ignoring that he has killed and jailed journalists and political opponents, has invaded two of his neighbors and is driving his economy to ruin. Mr. Trump has also taken policy positions consistent with Russian, not American, interests ? endorsing Russian espionage against the United States, supporting Russia?s annexation of Crimea and giving a green light to a possible Russian invasion of the Baltic States.

In the intelligence business, we would say that Mr. Putin had recruited Mr. Trump as an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation.

Every weekday, get thought-provoking commentary from Op-Ed columnists, The Times editorial board and contributing writers from around the world.

Mr. Trump has also undermined security with his call for barring Muslims from entering the country. This position, which so clearly contradicts the foundational values of our nation, plays into the hands of the jihadist narrative that our fight against terrorism is a war between religions.

In fact, many Muslim Americans play critical roles in protecting our country, including the man, whom I cannot identify, who ran the C.I.A.?s Counterterrorism Center for nearly a decade and who I believe is most responsible for keeping America safe since the Sept. 11 attacks.

My training as an intelligence officer taught me to call it as I see it. This is what I did for the C.I.A. This is what I am doing now. Our nation will be much safer with Hillary Clinton as president.

Michael J. Morell was the acting director and deputy director of the Central Intelligence Agency from 2010 to 2013.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Gay icon Andy Cohen has had a few Clinton/Trump polls, and his 'Watch what happens live' audience has surprised him by polling 60/40 Trump.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Huh? My point was that they are willing to criticize this own party. Dems will not. I am still waiting for someone to explain how she is qualified to be president or to name one of her accomplishments.

I do not believe any Republicans critical of Trump have come out in support of Clinton.

This article shows notable "defectors" on both sides (there are many more republican names voting for Hillary than vice versa):

Clinton Republicans, Trump Democrats: See Who's Defecting This Election

Posted on: 2016/8/4 19:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Huh? My point was that they are willing to criticize this own party. Dems will not. I am still waiting for someone to explain how she is qualified to be president or to name one of her accomplishments.

I do not believe any Republicans critical of Trump have come out in support of Clinton.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
135jc wrote: The fact that so many republicans have come out against trump shows their love of country comes first. A stark contrast from the dems who blindly support this horrible criminal Clinton. A sensible democtat should denounce her as well.
Clinton must not be that bad as the 'republicans that have come out against trump and shows their love of country comes first' will actually vote for her. How do you explain that?

Posted on: 2016/8/4 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Trump campaign worker caused elevator to get stuck in CO. You can't make this stuff up! This could happen to anyone, but Trump's reaction, as we now know, was over the top.

Watch the video:

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Dona ... UCCS-rally-388750802.html

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) Firefighters rescued Donald Trump from an elevator at the Mining Exchange hotel Friday just before he was expected to speak at a rally at UCCS.

Trump was expected to speak at 2 p.m., but the crowd was kept waiting for more than 45 minutes. This mishap explains the delay.

Firefighters responded to a call around 1:30 p.m. that 10 people were trapped inside an elevator.

?I get a call saying Mr. Trump was stuck in the elevator at the Mining Exchange,? said Mining Exchange Hotel co-owner Perry R. Sanders.

The elevator was stuck between the first and second floors.

?Of course I said 'You're kidding.' The elevators are monitored 24 hours...work great,? Sanders said.

Crews opened the top hatch and lowered a ladder into the elevator. Everyone inside, including the Republican presidential candidate, had to climb out.

?I will note I don't think that Mr. Trump, interestingly enough, did anything out of the ordinary other than potentially lash out at the fire department -- which seemed a little peculiar -- but he did not come out of that in any sort of bad spirits as best I can tell,? Sanders said.

No injuries were reported. The elevator was placed out-of-service.

?It was quite interesting, the whole deal...but I think it was a bit of a test. If anybody that's in the high position ends up in a situation and has to come out of it and deal with complicated things, I think it's some sort of tribute to them that they can do that,? Sanders said.

Sanders explained to 11 News the hotel was not controlling the elevator Trump's group was using. Sanders went onto say there was no issue to address with that elevator; it was functioning properly and is still now.

?The parties that lease the hotel also wanted to control of the elevators, and I assume that happens when you get to a certain level of security, and so they were given a key to actually control the elevators...the elevator apparently in the course of being controlled by somebody other than in the course of the normal operations, the elevator stopped and consequently Mr. Trump was, I understand, rescued by the fire department from that within a matter of five minutes or less,? Sanders said.

During Trump's town hall, he repeatedly called out the fire marshal for not letting more people into the auditorium. Click here for the full story.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
The fact that so many republicans have come out against trump shows their love of country comes first. A stark contrast from the dems who blindly support this horrible criminal Clinton. A sensible democtat should denounce her as well.

I likely read the same news sources as you and I don't think Clinton is a "horrible criminal." I do think that Trump is unfit to be president. Over the last 8 years the attacks on Obama have been over the top, the hate exhibited out of proportion to any perceived actions. Consider the birther movement for example and one of the main proponents, the Donald.

Good we can discuss in a civil manner.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 15:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The fact that so many republicans have come out against trump shows their love of country comes first. A stark contrast from the dems who blindly support this horrible criminal Clinton. A sensible democtat should denounce her as well.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck trying to reason with core Trump supporters. Two thirds still believe Obama is Muslim.

Resized Image

Quote:

Asif wrote:
Here are the true facts if you care to take off your tin foil hat an read them.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politic ... 8-0cb344221131_story.html

TRUMP, in a tweet Wednesday: ?Our incompetent Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, was the one who started talks to give 400 million dollars, in cash, to Iran. Scandal!?

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong about Clinton?s involvement. The $400 million payment ? plus $1.3 billion in interest to be paid later ? is a separate issue from the Iran nuclear deal that Clinton initiated. The process that resulted in the payout started decades before she became secretary of state.

In the late 1970s the Iranian government, under the U.S.-backed shah, paid the United States $400 million for military equipment. The equipment was never delivered because in 1979, his government was overthrown, revolutionaries took American hostages at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, and diplomatic relations between the United States and Iran were severed.

In 1981, the United States and Iran agreed to set up a commission at The Hague that would rule on claims by each country for property and assets held by the other. Iran?s claim for return of the equipment payment was among many that had been tied up in litigation before the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal, and interest the U.S. owed for holding the money for so long was growing.

Litigation over these claims has continued intermittently for 35 years, with some being settled and others going to the tribunal for judgment. All private U.S. claims before the tribunal have been resolved, with Iran paying more than $2.5 billion to American people and businesses. Some claims remain unresolved.

As secretary of state, Clinton did initiate secret talks with Iran over its nuclear program. After John Kerry succeeded her on Feb. 1, 2013, those secret contacts grew into 18 months of formal negotiations that culminated in the July 2015 nuclear deal.

U.S. officials had expected a ruling on the Iranian claim from the tribunal any time, and feared a ruling that would have made the interest payments much higher. As the nuclear talks progressed, the separate, intermittent talks on the military-equipment claim continued.

On Jan. 17, a day after the nuclear deal was implemented, the United States and Iran announced they had settled the claim, with the U.S. agreeing to pay the $400 million principal along with $1.3 billion in interest. Administration statements at the time made clear that the principal and the interest would be paid separately, but did not specify how the money would be delivered.

Trump is correct that the $400 million was paid in cash and flown to Tehran on a cargo plane. But litigation on the Iranian claim preceded Clinton?s tenure as secretary of state by decades and heated up only after she left the job.

___

TRUMP: ?When they took our sailors, they forced them to their knees and the only reason we got them back is that we hadn?t paid the money yet. And that?s the only reason we got ?em back. Otherwise, they would?ve had to wait until I became president.?

THE FACTS: There is no evidence that the episode with the sailors was related to the Iran deal or the 1970s payment.

On Jan. 12, four days before the Iran deal was implemented and five days before the payment was delivered, 10 sailors veered off course in two small boats and landed on an island in the Persian Gulf where there?s an Iranian military installation. They were held at gunpoint and released the next day after negotiations between Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. The Navy has disciplined many of the sailors and their commanders for the navigation error that led to an international incident.

___

TRUMP: ?It looks like we paid $400 million for the hostages.?

THE FACTS: There is no concrete evidence that the cash payment was, in fact, a ransom.

Critics of the Iran deal, including many senior Republican lawmakers, maintain that the $400 million settlement was a ransom for the release of four private American citizens jailed in Tehran and freed a day after the Iran deal was implemented. Some Iranian officials have suggested the same thing. The Obama administration has flatly denied it has ever paid ransoms, including in this case.

The timing of the prisoner release and the arrival of the payment has given weight to GOP claims. U.S. officials acknowledge that progress in the nuclear negotiations contributed to progress on the settlement of the claim as well as progress in talks on the release of the Americans.

___

TRUMP: ?Iran provided all of that footage, the tape of them taking that money. ... Over there when that plane landed, top secret ... and they have a perfect tape, done by obviously a government camera and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right. In order to embarrass us further, Iran sent us the tapes, right. It?s a military tape, it?s a tape. It was a perfect angle, nice and steady, nobody getting nervous because they?re gonna be shot.?

Local Politics Alerts

Breaking news about local government in D.C., Md., Va.

THE FACTS: Several senior U.S. officials involved in the Iran negotiations said Wednesday they weren?t aware of any such footage.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Three months before the November election, voters in New Hampshire, long one of the purple swing states in presidential elections, clearly favor Hillary Clinton over Donald J. Trump, according to a new poll.

New Hampshire voters who either prefer or lean toward Mrs. Clinton outnumber those who prefer or lean toward Mr. Trump by 47 percent to 32 percent, according to the poll, conducted for WBUR, an NPR station in Boston, by the MassInc Polling Group.

Gary Johnson, a Libertarian, was favored by 8 percent.

Mrs. Clinton?s standing represents a remarkable turnaround for a candidate who lost New Hampshire?s Democratic primary in February. Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont clobbered her, 60 percent to 38 percent.

But against Mr. Trump, Mrs. Clinton does much better. While 48 percent say she is fit to be president, only 31 percent say that of Mr. Trump.

Nationally, according to a new Fox News poll, Mrs. Clinton holds a 10-point lead over Mr. Trump.

Still, even in New Hampshire, it is not all smooth sailing for her: 46 percent of voters there say Mrs. Clinton is not fit to be president, and 29 percent think she should be sent to prison for her use of a personal email server while she was secretary of state.

But 56 percent of New Hampshire voters say she came out of her convention a stronger candidate, and only 39 percent said the same of Mr. Trump.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/us/ ... smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Posted on: 2016/8/4 11:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hillary Clinton took a double-digit lead over Donald Trump in a Fox News poll released on Wednesday.

The poll showed Clinton with a 10-point lead over Trump, with 49% of 1,022 registered voters saying that they back the Democratic nominee.

It was conducted by telephone and with live interviewers from July 31 to August 2 and had a margin of error of 3 points.

The Fox News survey is the latest in a slew of polls showing Clinton with a notable bump in the polls following the Democratic National Convention last week. Surveys conducted by CNN and CBS News showed Clinton taking the lead after Trump's brief poll dominance following the Republican National Convention in July.

The survey also showed the unpopularity of the Republican nominee's recent scuffles in the media, particularly Trump's feud with the father of a Muslim-American soldier killed in Iraq.

http://www.businessinsider.com/double ... k.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Posted on: 2016/8/4 11:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Why would you want the Republican support for HRC? These are people you generally despise. Frankly you can keep them on your side.

Washington (CNN)Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger said Wednesday that he doesn't see how he can endorse his party's nominee, Donald Trump, in the wake of the week's events.

"I'm an American before I'm a Republican," he told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room." "I'm saying for me personally, how can I support that? Because he's crossed so many red lines that a commander in chief or a candidate for commander in chief should never cross."
Kinzinger, who has openly hesitated to embrace Trump as his party's standard-bearer, said he went to Cleveland hoping to "at least mildly endorse the Republican front-runner."
But in the aftermath of Trump's comments about Russian President Vladimir Putin and the parents of fallen Muslim American soldier Capt. Humayun Khan, the third-term Illinois congressman said that he doesn't "see how I get there anymore."
"I'm a Republican because I believe that Republicanism is the best way to defend the United States of America," Kinzinger said, adding that Trump "throws all of these Republican principles on their head."
But Kinzinger said he would not support Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and was contemplating writing in a candidate on his ballot come November 8.
The congressman also acknowledged the possibility that Trump could be a drag on races further down the ticket and that he would focus on defending the Republicans' majority in the House of Representatives.
"I won't be silent. He can tweet all he wants, you know, but I have to do this for my country and my party," Kinzinger said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politic ... tml?sr=fbtsr0803kinzinger

Posted on: 2016/8/4 10:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
When the far left NYDaily News calls out the POTUS/Iran hostage payment you know it smells.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ob ... -ransom-article-1.2737565

Posted on: 2016/8/4 10:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
You are so good at cutting and pasting other sources... do you actually have an opinion or do you just swallow everything as the truth from WAPO,com? I suspect if all these unbiased news sources disappeared, you could not put together coherent written opinion. Similar to Obama when he doesn't have a teleprompter.

Quote:

Asif wrote:

TRUMP, in a tweet Wednesday: ?Our incompetent Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, was the one who started talks to give 400 million dollars, in cash, to Iran. Scandal!?

THE FACTS: Trump is wrong about Clinton?s involvement. The $400 million payment ? plus $1.3 billion in interest to be paid later ? is a separate issue from the Iran nuclear deal that Clinton initiated. The process that resulted in the payout started decades before she became secretary of state.

In the late 1970s the Iranian government, under the U.S.-backed shah, paid the United States $400 million for military equipment. The equipment was never delivered because in 1979, his government was overthrown, revolutionaries took American hostages at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, and diplomatic relations between the United States and Iran were severed.

In 1981, the United States and Iran agreed to set up a commission at The Hague that would rule on claims by each country for property and assets held by the other. Iran?s claim for return of the equipment payment was among many that had been tied up in litigation before the Iran-U.S. Claims Tribunal, and interest the U.S. owed for holding the money for so long was growing.

Litigation over these claims has continued intermittently for 35 years, with some being settled and others going to the tribunal for judgment. All private U.S. claims before the tribunal have been resolved, with Iran paying more than $2.5 billion to American people and businesses. Some claims remain unresolved.

As secretary of state, Clinton did initiate secret talks with Iran over its nuclear program. After John Kerry succeeded her on Feb. 1, 2013, those secret contacts grew into 18 months of formal negotiations that culminated in the July 2015 nuclear deal.

U.S. officials had expected a ruling on the Iranian claim from the tribunal any time, and feared a ruling that would have made the interest payments much higher. As the nuclear talks progressed, the separate, intermittent talks on the military-equipment claim continued.

On Jan. 17, a day after the nuclear deal was implemented, the United States and Iran announced they had settled the claim, with the U.S. agreeing to pay the $400 million principal along with $1.3 billion in interest. Administration statements at the time made clear that the principal and the interest would be paid separately, but did not specify how the money would be delivered.

Trump is correct that the $400 million was paid in cash and flown to Tehran on a cargo plane. But litigation on the Iranian claim preceded Clinton?s tenure as secretary of state by decades and heated up only after she left the job.

___

TRUMP: ?When they took our sailors, they forced them to their knees and the only reason we got them back is that we hadn?t paid the money yet. And that?s the only reason we got ?em back. Otherwise, they would?ve had to wait until I became president.?

THE FACTS: There is no evidence that the episode with the sailors was related to the Iran deal or the 1970s payment.

On Jan. 12, four days before the Iran deal was implemented and five days before the payment was delivered, 10 sailors veered off course in two small boats and landed on an island in the Persian Gulf where there?s an Iranian military installation. They were held at gunpoint and released the next day after negotiations between Secretary of State John Kerry and Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. The Navy has disciplined many of the sailors and their commanders for the navigation error that led to an international incident.

___

THE FACTS: There is no concrete evidence that the cash payment was, in fact, a ransom.

Critics of the Iran deal, including many senior Republican lawmakers, maintain that the $400 million settlement was a ransom for the release of four private American citizens jailed in Tehran and freed a day after the Iran deal was implemented. Some Iranian officials have suggested the same thing. The Obama administration has flatly denied it has ever paid ransoms, including in this case.

The timing of the prisoner release and the arrival of the payment has given weight to GOP claims. U.S. officials acknowledge that progress in the nuclear negotiations contributed to progress on the settlement of the claim as well as progress in talks on the release of the Americans.

___

TRUMP: ?Iran provided all of that footage, the tape of them taking that money. ... Over there when that plane landed, top secret ... and they have a perfect tape, done by obviously a government camera and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right. In order to embarrass us further, Iran sent us the tapes, right. It?s a military tape, it?s a tape. It was a perfect angle, nice and steady, nobody getting nervous because they?re gonna be shot.?

Local Politics Alerts

THE FACTS: Several senior U.S. officials involved in the Iran negotiations said Wednesday they weren?t aware of any such footage.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 9:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

___

___

___

Local Politics Alerts

Posted on: 2016/8/4 3:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Who said Hillary is the founder of isis?

Posted on: 2016/8/4 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
$400,000,000,000 shrink wrapped on pallets to Iran... Trading 5 Senior Command Taliban Leaders for 1 US Army Traitor seems like such a deal.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 22:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sally who???? ohhhh this will turn the election. So far you have quotes from NY Times and WAPO... two papers not even trying to hide their bias for HRC.

Most people never heard of these two women and probably won't take the time to see if their opinions really matter. God Bless him.... when 95 year old Bob Dole announces to the Boston Globe or the LA Times that he is voting for HRC, then maybe I will take notice {sarc}

People understand what Trump is up against and they will continue to tune out these phoney BS "news stories".

{quote]
user1111 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Why would you want the Republican support for HRC? These are people you generally despise. Frankly you can keep them on your side.

Sally Bradshaw, senior Bush confidante, leaves the GOP

A longtime political adviser to former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush who helped write the Republican Party's "autopsy" report after the 2012 elections is leaving the party and may vote for Hillary Clinton.

Sally Bradshaw made the announcement in an interview with CNN, saying that despite decades of work on behalf of GOP candidates ? most prominently Bush, the former Florida governor, and his father's 1988 presidential campaign ? she might vote for Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, if the race in her home state of Florida is close.

Bradshaw told CNN in an email that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist ? a misogynist ? a bigot."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/po ... confidant-leaves-the-gop/
I know, I know she is not a real publican. LOL you are sounding pathetic.[/quote]

Posted on: 2016/8/3 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Sally Bradshaw, senior Bush confidante, leaves the GOP

A longtime political adviser to former Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush who helped write the Republican Party's "autopsy" report after the 2012 elections is leaving the party and may vote for Hillary Clinton.

Sally Bradshaw made the announcement in an interview with CNN, saying that despite decades of work on behalf of GOP candidates ? most prominently Bush, the former Florida governor, and his father's 1988 presidential campaign ? she might vote for Clinton, the Democratic presidential candidate, if the race in her home state of Florida is close.

Bradshaw told CNN in an email that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist ? a misogynist ? a bigot."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/po ... confidant-leaves-the-gop/
I know, I know she is not a real publican. LOL you are sounding pathetic.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Another true Republican who never won any office she ran for is supporting HRC, WOW...

She was equally despised by the Cali media and the Pelosi/Boxer democrat clique. She was slaughtered by an 80 year old looney tune democrat retread, Jerry Brown.

A nice fat check will buy her an Ambassadorship to Ireland? We know HRC has everything up for sale when it comes to fundrasing.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/11/03 ... fornia.whitman/index.html

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive and Republican fund-raiser, said Tuesday that she would support Hillary Clinton for president and give a ?substantial? contribution to her campaign in order to stop Donald J. Trump, whom she berated as a threat to American democracy.

?I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her,? Ms. Whitman said in a telephone interview.

She revealed that Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic nominee, had reached out to her in a phone call about a month ago, one of the first indications that Mrs. Clinton is aggressively courting Republican leaders. While acknowledging she diverged from Mrs. Clinton on many policy issues, Ms. Whitman said it was time for Republicans ?to put country first before party.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/ ... smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Posted on: 2016/8/3 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Meg Whitman, a Hewlett Packard executive and Republican fund-raiser, said Tuesday that she would support Hillary Clinton for president and give a ?substantial? contribution to her campaign in order to stop Donald J. Trump, whom she berated as a threat to American democracy.

?I will vote for Hillary, I will talk to my Republican friends about helping her, and I will donate to her campaign and try to raise money for her,? Ms. Whitman said in a telephone interview.

She revealed that Mrs. Clinton, the Democratic nominee, had reached out to her in a phone call about a month ago, one of the first indications that Mrs. Clinton is aggressively courting Republican leaders. While acknowledging she diverged from Mrs. Clinton on many policy issues, Ms. Whitman said it was time for Republicans ?to put country first before party.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/03/us/ ... smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Posted on: 2016/8/3 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Boy ... a little edgy here. I encourage you to take a shot and read those documents. The US Tax Code is far more complicated and I would admit not being interested.

There was a time in school where they had classes dedicated to learning about government, the documents and your role as a citizen.

BTW, I graciously and humbly accept your nomination to a seat on SCOTUS.... don't underestimate your reading and comprehension skills, keep it simple and focus on "original intent". Maybe someday you will be sitting next to me?

Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
So people who have dedicated their professional life to studying the constitution are less qualified than you. Thanks for making that clear. I nominate you to the SCOTUS.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
You don't have to be a scholar to understand the Constitution, The Bill of Rights and all the amendments. Those documents are written in a simple form so that all citizens understand their basic rights.

{quote]
matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And the Constitution despite how some people think it reads does not give any explicit rights to people that visit/migrate to this country. They are expected to obey the laws and are protected by the same laws as a courtesy.

If you are a US citizen born or naturalized you are protected by the Constitution. There is no religious exclusion. If you are here illegally there is a problem. The government has a right to control who enters our borders and even exclude people for any number of reasons including national security.

At the moment all this has been tossed out the window by democrats and their open border policy. That is what is out of control and that is what has many Americans upset at both parties because this does not protect American citizens from security / health / economic threats. Europe is paying the price today.

Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.

I am not a Constitutional scholar? are you? Like I said, a fight in the making.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016- ... be-constitutional-n484981

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politic ... 4-708fe33e3288_story.html

[/quote]

Posted on: 2016/8/3 2:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
So people who have dedicated their professional life to studying the constitution are less qualified than you. Thanks for making that clear. I nominate you to the SCOTUS.

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
You don't have to be a scholar to understand the Constitution, The Bill of Rights and all the amendments. Those documents are written in a simple form so that all citizens understand their basic rights.

{quote]
matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And the Constitution despite how some people think it reads does not give any explicit rights to people that visit/migrate to this country. They are expected to obey the laws and are protected by the same laws as a courtesy.

If you are a US citizen born or naturalized you are protected by the Constitution. There is no religious exclusion. If you are here illegally there is a problem. The government has a right to control who enters our borders and even exclude people for any number of reasons including national security.

At the moment all this has been tossed out the window by democrats and their open border policy. That is what is out of control and that is what has many Americans upset at both parties because this does not protect American citizens from security / health / economic threats. Europe is paying the price today.

Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.

[/quote]

Posted on: 2016/8/3 2:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
How exactly did Trump attack the soilder's father? I believe Trump was acting in self defense.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

{quote]
matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

[/quote]

Posted on: 2016/8/3 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

The Orange County Republican Committee Secretary is resigning, citing concerns over retaliation for not supporting Donald Trump for president.

In a letter, James Booth said he's heard from several people that the committee plans to remove him from office at this week's executive committee meeting. So to get ahead of those rumored plans, Booth decided to submit his own resignation.

He said he's supported candidates in the past when he preferred another, for the good of the party. But he said that he's reached his limit with Trump, saying listening to what he stands for makes his blood boil.

In the letter, Booth writes, "... at the end of the day, we are not just Republicans or Democrats, or Independents, we are Americans. Sometimes, as an American, you have to take a stand for what is in the best interests of our country."

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/hudson-val ... -secretary-resigning.html

Posted on: 2016/8/3 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/3 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/3 0:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2016/8/2 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:22

« 1 ... 22 23 24 (25) 26 27 28 ... 31 »