Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: 1br in heights, resale issues?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
when I was looking there was not much housing around the lightrail stations in the Heights that was for sale and no housing at all around Journal Square that was for sale.

That's odd, 5 years ago was when the foreclosures were peaking and there was tons of inventory.

Quote:

carolina123 wrote:
you'll either make money or lose money based on which way the market goes and how long you plan to stay (i.e., if a bubble bursts and you need to sell, well sucks to be you!)

100%!! If you can't wait out a downmarket maybe it's best not to buy. On the flip side the reval should add value to the Heights where properties are overtaxed in general, though not as much as in Greenville.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 20:11

Edited by brewster on 2016/7/8 20:31:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/8 18:35
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
The only person that can answer the question is you.

It's fairly quiet in the heights with some great new places popping up. But it's not as lively as other areas. You get more bang for you buck in terms of space and there are more single family homes so you will find more families living there.

As for the bus, I'm also not a fan as it would add a lot of extra time to my commute. Jersey City traffic is become worse year after year and I prefer the (sometimes accurate and reliable) schedules of the trains.

Buying a home is an investment financially and of your time. So test it out - do your commute a few times from where you're thinking of buying and see how you like it.

As for resale, you'll probably pay less than something closer to the train and sell it for less than property that are closer to a train. It's all relative and you'll either make money or lose money based on which way the market goes and how long you plan to stay (i.e., if a bubble bursts and you need to sell, well sucks to be you!)

Posted on: 2016/7/8 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
When I was house hunting I started my house search in The Heights because everyone recommend it for its safety etc. Once I got up there I was turned off that the only way to get out was a bus or jitney. I am completely anti bus and jitney. However there are tons of peeps who would be ok with this, besides if you are willing to buy it why wouldn't someone else? Good Luck!

You do realize the east side of the Heights is as well served by the HBLR as Greenville is by the 2 stops at 2nd and 9th in Hoboken? And JSQ PATH is walking distance from the Southern Heights. Not to mention your bus phobia is a bit irrational. Visited Montreal last weekend and the bus was a better choice from our stay to Downtown than the rail. Was fine, and scenic. YMMV.

Yes I do realize that, when I was looking there was not much housing around the lightrail stations in the Heights that was for sale and no housing at all around Journal Square that was for sale. I did the bus in High School from Williamsburg brooklyn to Bensonhurst it was awful I just would never do bus commuting again it fucking sucks especially in summer and winter seasons. As I said earlier there are lots of people who don't mind standing on a corner waiting on a bus. I have 4 buses that are a few short blocks from me that will take me to Journal Square, Dowtown JC, The Heights and Westside. I have lived here in GreenV for five years and I never been on one of them.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
When I was house hunting I started my house search in The Heights because everyone recommend it for its safety etc. Once I got up there I was turned off that the only way to get out was a bus or jitney. I am completely anti bus and jitney. However there are tons of peeps who would be ok with this, besides if you are willing to buy it why wouldn't someone else? Good Luck!

You do realize the east side of the Heights is as well served by the HBLR as Greenville is by the 2 stops at 2nd and 9th in Hoboken? And JSQ PATH is walking distance from the Southern Heights. Not to mention your bus phobia is a bit irrational. Visited Montreal last weekend and the bus was a better choice from our stay to Downtown than the rail. Was fine, and scenic. YMMV.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/8 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
Heights is huge so thanks for giving streets. I doubt you have to worry about resale these days if the property is nice. East side of Heights has hardly any families anymore.

If you are thinking of Thorne/Summit, you can walk down to Kennedy Blvd and take jitney and/or bus into Manhattan. If you work downtown Manhattan, jitney/bus to Journal Square. A lot of people think that living close to Path is important. The city won't stop allowing for new residential WITHOUT addressing commuting issues. If I were you, I'd see about getting a one bedroom a bit closer to east side of Heights. It may cost more but it has light rail access (plus elevator will bring you into Hoboken), buses to Lincoln Tunnel, buses to Hoboken path, etc. I grew up in this city and I feel that too much emphasis is put on being close to Path station. To me, it has become a sardine can that is only going to get more packed as time goes by. It is a shame because it used to be a great option before the city got so overcrowded. It's still a great thing, but it is being overly relied upon and has become a bit of a nightmare to deal with

Posted on: 2016/7/8 19:16

1br in heights, resale issues?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/27 10:36
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Im looking at a 1br in the heights and im concerned with resale it's not really close to hoboken(aroimd thorne and summit)
The heights seems to cater to families and its not that conenient to the city(need to take 87 bus)
Is this a bad idea? Otherwise the condo seems nice and everything else looks good.

Posted on: 2016/7/8 18:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017