Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Is Central Ave ready for a retail and co-working space for creatives and makers?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/15 11:44
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Marketskape is now a semifinalist in the Rising Tide Capital grant competition the Start Something Challenge! VOTE for Marketskape from now through noon on 7/17/16 at vote.marketskape.com Thanks for the support!!! <3

Posted on: 2016/7/13 16:40

Re: Is Central Ave ready for a retail and co-working space for creatives and makers?

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the imput! Much appreciated :)

I hadn't thought to speak to the Riverview neighborhood assoc. yet... Great tip!!!

Posted on: 2016/7/11 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
I think the potential is there - There are a lot of artists in the area - You may want to speak to the Riverside Neighborhood Association (http://riverviewneighborhood.org/ and http://www.jcheights.com/Community-Arts-District.shtml) as I believe they were instrumental in pushing through the "arts district". There is also a painting class that is run by the Recreations Dept and meeting at the Pershing Field Community Center Thursday afternoons and evenings. Finally, for a retail perspective, there's a little cafe/cooperative on Summit Ave (may be around Griffin or so - its on a south west corner) that recently opened and sells french pastries, coffee as well as skin products. May be worth talking with them as I think the question may still be getting buyers -- but it does seems like the Heights are getting more people who are priced out of Brooklyn and DTJC.

Posted on: 2016/7/5 21:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Good point!

Posted on: 2016/7/5 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I would imagine that the retail component is completely fine on Central, but I expect you'd need to get a zoning variance for the craftsperson / makers / urban industrial gig.

Posted on: 2016/7/3 1:46

Is Central Ave ready for a retail and co-working space for creatives and makers?

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hey All!

I'm a local business owner (jeweler) and I'm interested in opening a retail and co-working space specifically for creatives on Central Ave (street level) in the Heights.

Here's the concept for the space, called Marketskape:

Marketskape provides a space for creatives and makers to create, sell and commune all in one place. At Marketskape, creatives can work on their products in their private studio spaces while helpful sales associates sell their creations in our beautifully merchandised retail area. The creative and local community is the heartbeat of Marketskape; whether it's JC Friday, an evening of craft classes, art show, networking or educational event there will be lots going on in our space!

So, honestly looking for feedback... On the area, concept, interest Downtown is way too expensive, I love the Heights and see Central Ave as a great place for the concept, but looking at other options as well!

On another note, Marketskape is entered in a competition for a grant. You can check the video out here: https://youtu.be/473rXwct21k

Thanks in advance.
Jess

Posted on: 2016/7/3 0:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017