Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Starbucks headed to Journal Square PATH station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Starbucks in Journal Square PATH hub expected to open by May

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on February 03, 2017 at 10:20 AM, updated February 03, 2017 at 2:18 PM

JERSEY CITY -- The Starbucks coming to the Journal Square PATH hub, which was expected to open as early as this week, is now scheduled to open by mid-May.

A spokesman for the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the PATH hub and is leasing space in it to the gourmet coffee giant, said construction on the 2,079-square-foot store was scheduled to begin this week. It will be located near the PJ Ryan's Squared pub.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ted_to_open_by_mid-m.html

Posted on: 2017/2/3 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Just FYI?someone posted they wished a Mod Cup was in the area and also hoping other coffee shops would open up the Square.

If you didn?t know it Mod Cup opened its second location in the new apartment building complex at 25 Senate Place. It is maybe a 10 minute walk from the PATH station over by the Canco Lofts.

Posted on: 2016/6/28 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

inthehookjc wrote:
How about we get back on subject.
The fact that Starbucks is opening in JSQ is an amazing thing. Hey maybe it will bring other coffee shops to the area that is so desperately in need of cafes.
I'm incredibly excited they are opening shop. I guarantee this is the start of making this area a better place to live and work!

You're correct but because this ain't DTJC the JC listers can't muster up anything that seems like the typical gushing that emits when something resembling passing stool happens in their own little private Idaho.

Posted on: 2016/6/28 14:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 20:00
From paulus hook
Group:
Registered Users
How about we get back on subject.
The fact that Starbucks is opening in JSQ is an amazing thing. Hey maybe it will bring other coffee shops to the area that is so desperately in need of cafes.
I'm incredibly excited they are opening shop. I guarantee this is the start of making this area a better place to live and work!

Posted on: 2016/6/28 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Now there will be spilled drinks and empty Starbucks cups all over the place by the time the train gets to 33rd street and WTC!!! Excellent!!!

There's a Starbucks that essentially sits atop the Grove St. station (along with one in Newport and one in Hoboken near the PATH station not to mention the many Starbucks situated near the NYC stops. Now that I think of it, there is one in the elevated walkway at Newark Penn Station.) I ride the PATH daily and don't recall seeing Starbucks cups or trash.

You have NEVER seen a spilled coffee stream that sways with the train motions?? I see spilled coffee fairly often, and I don't even ride the PATH all that much anymore.

You have NEVER seen coffee sold by someone other than Starbucks?? I see places other than Starbucks that sell coffee quite often, and I don't even look for them that often.

Point was (and what I said) was that I don't recall seeing Starbucks CUPS of TRASH, which was a big part of the Blasta's original bitch.

RIF.

Got it. I (incorrectly) assumed you meant it as a general reference to not seeing cups or spilled coffee. In any case, the enforcement of the no food/drink on trains is laughable. I really wish they would enforce that one rule. I have witnessed in more than occasion the spilling of drinks during particularly bumpy rides. Not cool for the others that have to deal with the consequences.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 19:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Now there will be spilled drinks and empty Starbucks cups all over the place by the time the train gets to 33rd street and WTC!!! Excellent!!!

There's a Starbucks that essentially sits atop the Grove St. station (along with one in Newport and one in Hoboken near the PATH station not to mention the many Starbucks situated near the NYC stops. Now that I think of it, there is one in the elevated walkway at Newark Penn Station.) I ride the PATH daily and don't recall seeing Starbucks cups or trash.

You have NEVER seen a spilled coffee stream that sways with the train motions?? I see spilled coffee fairly often, and I don't even ride the PATH all that much anymore.

You have NEVER seen coffee sold by someone other than Starbucks?? I see places other than Starbucks that sell coffee quite often, and I don't even look for them that often.

Point was (and what I said) was that I don't recall seeing Starbucks CUPS of TRASH, which was a big part of the Blasta's original bitch.

RIF.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

La_Verdad wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/27 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MonmouthMan wrote:
Folks care about the wrong things. I'm for whatever will clean up all the drunks and junkies who piss and hang out all day and night in the plaza by the Citibike stand. Most of them aren't even homeless. They harass folks.

Ah, the fallacy that tells us only thing can be done at once. Do you not think that expecting the PA to enforce their own rules can be done as the same time as the city police enforcing loitering laws? BTW, those are two totally separate jurisdictions.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/18 15:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/27 16:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/15 20:50
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Folks care about the wrong things. I'm for whatever will clean up all the drunks and junkies who piss and hang out all day and night in the plaza by the Citibike stand. Most of them aren't even homeless. They harass folks.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 15:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
PATH has a no food and drink policy, but a few garbage cans on the platforms would help.

Huh?
http://www.panynj.gov/path/pdf/PATH-Rules-Regulations-12-20-15.pdf

From your link, troll SOS.

Quote:
No person shall eat any food or drink any beverage on the station platforms of
PATH or while aboard any rail car operated by PATH.

Enjoy the reval.

PATH also has a policy of no bikes in the first or last car, too. That's never enforced as well. See, these policies mean nothing because the PATH people are too lazy to enforce anything.

Well, what do you want starbucks to do about it. Take your lazy ass off JCList and write Port Authority, where they promptly will take your letter to use next time they wipe their asses before flushing it down the drain clogging Jersey City's sewer system. It's the New Jersey way to be shitted on by the PA.

BTW, I've never seen bikes in PATH cars. Let alone the first or last one. You must ride it more than me.

JCGUYs you gotta deal with your anger problem.

Yup

Posted on: 2016/6/27 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
PATH has a no food and drink policy, but a few garbage cans on the platforms would help.

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

PATH also has a policy of no bikes in the first or last car, too. That's never enforced as well. See, these policies mean nothing because the PATH people are too lazy to enforce anything.

They also ban bicycles during commuting rush hours (mornings from 6:30 to 9:30, and evenings from 4:30 to 7:30) and I have seen that rule enforced a bit more, surprisingly. Only folding bikes are allowed, but they are supposed be folded. Of course, people regularly flaunt the bike rules as well.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 10:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

Well, what do you want starbucks to do about it. Take your lazy ass off JCList and write Port Authority, where they promptly will take your letter to use next time they wipe their asses before flushing it down the drain clogging Jersey City's sewer system. It's the New Jersey way to be shitted on by the PA.

BTW, I've never seen bikes in PATH cars. Let alone the first or last one. You must ride it more than me.

JCGUYs you gotta deal with your anger problem. Also, it's common to see bikes on PATH trains. But not during the height of rush hour thankfully.

Well, it's true. The Port Authority doesn't listen.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

JCGUYs you gotta deal with your anger problem. Also, it's common to see bikes on PATH trains. But not during the height of rush hour thankfully.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 2:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Can you please inform me when PATH actually enforces this policy? I'll give you a hint...they never enforce that policy. I see people with food and drink everyday and nothing is done about it. So, enjoy the new Starbucks mess.

Lack of enforcement is a perfect reason to deny a new starbucks or any coffee shop from opening up in Journal Square. I much rather fancy the new modcup anyway.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Quote:

Enjoy the reval.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 1:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Can you please inform me when PATH actually enforces this policy? I'll give you a hint...they never enforce that policy. I see people with food and drink everyday and nothing is done about it. So, enjoy the new Starbucks mess.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 1:28

Edited by mastablasta on 2016/6/27 1:44:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Huh?

Posted on: 2016/6/27 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastablasta wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/27 0:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/26 23:59

Starbucks headed to Journal Square PATH station
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Starbucks headed to Journal Square PATH station

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on June 24, 2016 at 2:40 PM, updated June 25, 2016 at 1:04 PM

JERSEY CITY — Starbucks lovers may soon be able to get their Frapuccino fix at the Journal Square PATH station.

The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is scheduled to finalize a lease with the gourmet coffee giant at the agency's commissioners meeting next week, a deal that would give Starbucks its first proper Jersey City location outside of the Downtown.

Read More:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rnal_square_path_sta.html

Posted on: 2016/6/26 17:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017