Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
122 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 122

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Iphone battery replacement locally

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/16 3:19
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
A handle with a combo of a hobby and birthday means competitor? You couldn't be more wrong. Just a disappointed customer who felt ripped off and wanted to let others know.

Posted on: 2017/2/28 0:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:
YuFixit is shady, I do not recommend.
They replaced a screen with flimsy glass that quickly cracked. When I went back to complain they said the would fix it but would need to charge me full price. Conveniently, their prices had just jumped up about 40 bucks too. Went to Apple (which I should have done in the first place) & they said who ever replaced the glass did not include all of the pieces. I think they said the couplers were gone. Anyway, Apple could not fix it due to the missing pieces and replaced my phone for a better price then what these guys were charging.

With a handle of photo2775 and the fact that it's your first post makes me think you're a competitor.

I've been doing IT support work for a long time and I outsource some hardware repairs. Tried a bunch of places but YuFixit always had the job right. Everything from glass or battery replacements to major jobs with 100 screws on an ultra-slim laptop keyboard replacement.

I had bad experiences with YuFixIt as well. Screws and plates from my phone were missing after replacing a screen there (according to the next place I took my phone too) and they completely messed up one of my laptop. I would not recommend.

So where WOULD you recommend? I just need a new droid battery (internal).

I had a better experience with the one next to Helen Pizza. I would recommend them.

Posted on: 2017/2/24 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:
They replaced a screen with flimsy glass that quickly cracked. When I went back to complain they said the would fix it but would need to charge me full price. Conveniently, their prices had just jumped up about 40 bucks too. Went to Apple (which I should have done in the first place) & they said who ever replaced the glass did not include all of the pieces. I think they said the couplers were gone. Anyway, Apple could not fix it due to the missing pieces and replaced my phone for a better price then what these guys were charging.

With a handle of photo2775 and the fact that it's your first post makes me think you're a competitor.

I've been doing IT support work for a long time and I outsource some hardware repairs. Tried a bunch of places but YuFixit always had the job right. Everything from glass or battery replacements to major jobs with 100 screws on an ultra-slim laptop keyboard replacement.

I had bad experiences with YuFixIt as well. Screws and plates from my phone were missing after replacing a screen there (according to the next place I took my phone too) and they completely messed up one of my laptop. I would not recommend.

So where WOULD you recommend? I just need a new droid battery (internal).

Posted on: 2017/2/24 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/24 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

photo2775 wrote:

Posted on: 2017/2/24 14:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/16 3:19
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/24 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
anyone have any experience with the nondescript "wireless" place next to Helen's pizza? I see the YuFixIt recommendations in this thread and may likely go there, but just trying to know my options.

Posted on: 2017/2/23 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Interesting tip : It's supposed to take half the time to recharge a phone when the 'airplane' mode is 'on'

Wow, amazing what one can learn here. Never heard that one before but, sorry to say, it's a busted myth:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/a ... es-to-charge-a-phone.html

Posted on: 2016/8/11 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting tip : It's supposed to take half the time to recharge a phone when the 'airplane' mode is 'on'

Posted on: 2016/8/11 15:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
If you don't mind my asking - how much did they charge to replace the screen?

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Reviving/bumping this thread to put in a good word for YuFixIt.

I followed jcneighbor's advice and took in two iPhone devices to get their screens fixed yesterday afternoon. In less than a half hour, they took care of the repairs and did so for a good price and I couldn't be happier with the results.

I paid $80 for a screen replacement that also included a removable tempered glass affixed on top. The tempered glass cover is supposed to help prevent additional cracks and I have seen it in used before, but always shunned it. The previous time I had this kind of work done, I had paid about $110, and the tempered glass layer was an additional $10. So, all in all, it was $40 cheaper than the average place in NYC. When I inquired about getting the screen replaced at a mall kiosk a few weeks ago, they had quoted $100 or $110, can't remember which.

Posted on: 2016/8/10 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If you don't mind my asking - how much did they charge to replace the screen?

Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

I followed jcneighbor's advice and took in two iPhone devices to get their screens fixed yesterday afternoon. In less than a half hour, they took care of the repairs and did so for a good price and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Posted on: 2016/8/10 14:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/10 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hadn't thought about using a vacuum, but I'll keep that one in mind for the future.

Don't you just love it when a quick and simple thread on this board gets helpful responses without any snarks, trolls, flamers, or even mentions about parking or transgender bathroom issues??

Posted on: 2016/6/13 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Vacuuming out the charging port seemed to do the trick-I was at the beach for a few days last week, and maybe some sand made its way it. I still don't get why it seemed to charge ok when the phone was turned off, but in any case thanks for the help folks!

Posted on: 2016/6/13 16:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/14 1:47
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
I also recommend YuFixIt. I've done a battery replacement there and it worked great. They have a location near Grove Street PATH. http://www.yufixit.com/contact/

Posted on: 2016/6/13 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dust in the port is pretty common. Suggest a shot of compressed air rather than using any hard item.

Batteries are cheaper at http://www.yufixit.com/contact/ than anywhere else in JC. I've taken multiple Apple devices there for clients to replace cracked screens, replace batteries, etc. They do good work.

Posted on: 2016/6/12 20:11

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/21 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
you may have lint in the port. I had the same problem. I used teasers to remove the lint and it charges automatically now

Posted on: 2016/6/12 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's not taking a charge, but I'm due for an upgrade so I may just get a new one.

Posted on: 2016/6/12 10:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/21 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
What's wrong with the phone?

Posted on: 2016/6/12 1:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/6/11 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Any recommendations for an independent?

http://www.repair-iphones.com/

I've had good luck with an iPhone cracked screen repair - by Hoboken Terminal.

Posted on: 2016/6/11 21:41

Iphone battery replacement locally
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Any recommendations for an independent?

Posted on: 2016/6/11 21:10

[Advanced Search]