Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I would guess that Mamarama's friend understands spanish and thus understood the employee's insulting comment.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/31 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
Oye, flaco, puede que sea rubia y yo podemos ser tontos, pero no estoy sordo.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 15:41

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/26 22:57
Group:
Registered Users
I'm confused. Was the worker saying something offensive to his boss, or was your friend offended that he was speaking in Spanish?

Posted on: 2011/9/27 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
If you are all so offended by the way they treat you, why not just order a taco and throw it in their face? Mexican food is nasty, anyway.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 3:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/3 21:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I have to chime in here. A friend went to the Taqueria and ordered lunch with her colleague. After it had been wrapped up she and the colleague decided to dine there instead but were told that was not possible--though there were tables available. "We already wrapped it up," was the excuse. She continued to argue the point that it seemed unreasonable to not allow them to dine there despite the food being already packaged - when one of the workers involved spoke in Spanish to his boss. She answered back, in flawless Spanish, "I may be blond and I may be dumb, but I'm not deaf." And they walked out, never to return.

Posted on: 2011/9/27 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
After reading this thread, I won't ever step foot inside this establishment.

Posted on: 2011/9/18 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PBW wrote:
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Mentioning our little girl is exactly the class that we have come to expect from jersey city. Luckily...(actually luck has nothing to do with it) taqueria downtown is so busy and runs well enough on its own, so we can focus on taqueria LES. Can't even tell you the difference in class in the clientele in NYC than that in Jersey. So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store.

This comment still leaves a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended).
Way to insult an entire community that puts food in your mouth, and with every post your doing yourself more a disservice.

For the record I think think the food is above average (not oh my God great) and cheap, and I have never had an attitude problem there; guess I unknowingly followed the rules. But why patronize a place that has no respect for it's customers and only using the location for a stepping stone.

Seriously! Just F*cking apologize, Taqueria! You guys look like a bunch of douchebags and it pains me to see it!

Posted on: 2011/9/18 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/9/18 12:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/17 0:57
Group:
Registered Users
The fact the owner keeps ranting and calling people retarded and bullying people for leaving constructive criticism of experiencing a bad service at his establishment shows you why so many people have strong negative response to this establishment.

Taqueria nothing but a cheap knock off of 'Toi' in LA in ambiance, a quirky Thai restaurant. The attitude of the owner and the staffs, deplorable. It has become something of a topic around my friends and neighbors and I don't know of any around me that will support that establishment again. I am not the only one that got terrible service while pregnant either, my friend had the same exact experience. And no, we didn't do anything to 'offend' the owner nor the staffs. And 'following the rules?'... we were there to order tacos and not taking an exam. I don't see how so many of us have 'failed' to order properly and 'offend' the staffs since we were all there with one purpose, to spend our money.

Just shameful...

Posted on: 2011/9/18 12:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Mentioning our little girl is exactly the class that we have come to expect from jersey city. Luckily...(actually luck has nothing to do with it) taqueria downtown is so busy and runs well enough on its own, so we can focus on taqueria LES. Can't even tell you the difference in class in the clientele in NYC than that in Jersey. So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store.

This comment still leaves a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended).
Way to insult an entire community that puts food in your mouth, and with every post your doing yourself more a disservice.

For the record I think think the food is above average (not oh my God great) and cheap, and I have never had an attitude problem there; guess I unknowingly followed the rules. But why patronize a place that has no respect for it's customers and only using the location for a stepping stone.

Posted on: 2011/9/18 11:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
and you clean up after the maids!! unbelievable!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/18 8:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
vigil...you already look retarded...we thought that you were kind "to a fault"...why are you continuing this thread?

Posted on: 2011/9/18 8:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Hildygirl wrote:
Time for a compliment!

Gotta say I have been going to Taqueria a lot again lately and the food is just terrific. The staff is far nicer than years ago as well. I wouldn't go so far to say that they go out of their way to be friendly, but I do find that when I am nice and polite (and follow the rules) - they are very sweet.

I recently went to a high end mex place in NYC and had tacos that were 8 bucks each that couldn't hold a candle to the perfection of the tacos at Taqueria.

I know a lot of people have problems when they go here - but give it a try. The food is delicious.

Do you even realize what you wrote?

Posted on: 2011/9/18 4:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
To be honest:

1. I think Bubby's smoothies are better.
2. I think Bubby's burritos are better.

Why wouldn't I go to Bubby's?

Posted on: 2011/9/18 1:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/28 13:50
Group:
Registered Users
Time for a compliment!

Gotta say I have been going to Taqueria a lot again lately and the food is just terrific. The staff is far nicer than years ago as well. I wouldn't go so far to say that they go out of their way to be friendly, but I do find that when I am nice and polite (and follow the rules) - they are very sweet.

I recently went to a high end mex place in NYC and had tacos that were 8 bucks each that couldn't hold a candle to the perfection of the tacos at Taqueria.

I know a lot of people have problems when they go here - but give it a try. The food is delicious.

Posted on: 2011/9/18 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Rick Bayless?

no, Abe Froman.

Posted on: 2011/9/15 18:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/7 3:21
Group:
Registered Users
Snowflake20.... I think you just got your answer.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 14:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/16 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Man, Wife, Baby and...Moby? Or maybe grandma. Possibly Ianmac.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 12:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
I am a frequent lover of taqueria. I LOVE the food, the service not so much, I come in for a taco fix and leave. Just a FYI the moby guy hasnt been there for years. They now have a fat nasty Asian looking dork manning the tables. He looks like his mom combed his hair with spit and twigs. I come in a lot and this chub douche always treats me like shit. Always. I'm like dude I was just here, really... P and A are cool people, they should just hire people who aren't assholes to man the place.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Gave us a good laugh too hooker...we have four people that we try to impress with our food...and you're not one of them.

Rick Bayless?

Posted on: 2011/9/9 4:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Gave us a good laugh too hooker...we have four people that we try to impress with our food...and you're not one of them.

Posted on: 2011/9/9 4:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Quote:

sussexst wrote:
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
We've learned that csurugbyhooker is in fact more Mexican than us. (not...sure how...that...works...)

Hmmm. Aren't you both from LA? Doesn't that make everyone that works for you more Mexican than you are?

You have never been rude to me. Your food has always been delicious. I still won't eat there again. When are you closing, like you said you were going to? Or was that just another drunken JClist-ing?

Seriously, how hard is it for them to say "Sorry for that stupid comment. We said some stupid things and we were wrong."?

Retardedly stupid as it was, it gave me a good laugh. Responding to his pea-brained insinuation that only a mexican can truly appreciate mexican food and that some hipster palace in Jersey City with shitty customer service is somehow the best tacos any of us will ever eat - anywhere - also served to remind me that if Tehuitzingo Mexican Deli on 10th Ave between 47th and 48th in the city were a bit more accessible to the PATH/subway, Taqueria would just be another Bubby's Burritos.

Posted on: 2011/9/8 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sussexst wrote:
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
We've learned that csurugbyhooker is in fact more Mexican than us. (not...sure how...that...works...)

Hmmm. Aren't you both from LA? Doesn't that make everyone that works for you more Mexican than you are?

You have never been rude to me. Your food has always been delicious. I still won't eat there again. When are you closing, like you said you were going to? Or was that just another drunken JClist-ing?

Seriously, how hard is it for them to say "Sorry for that stupid comment. We said some stupid things and we were wrong."?

Posted on: 2011/9/8 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

You have never been rude to me. Your food has always been delicious. I still won't eat there again.

sometimes in life you really do have to take a stand. In this case, can we really tolerate things said on an internet message board? I say no.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Posted on: 2011/9/8 15:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:

Posted on: 2011/9/8 2:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CSURugbyHooker wrote:
Never claimed to be more Mexican, just saying that I've eaten more tacos in my lifetime than probably half of your customers have combined. I've had the good fortune of living in a city with a huge Mexican population where cheap and delicious tacos are basically on every 3rd street corner.

It's great to see opinions about the food itself!

Seems like an opportune moment to weigh in. As an Ohio refugee who spent 10 years in south Texas, a period that included extensive travel through central Mexico by bus, I've been nothing but blown away by Taqueria. Consistently.

The Taqueria story that sealed it for me was when, after about a year of living in JC, my wife & I hosted some friends and insisted that we do Saturday hangover tacos at Taqueria. Long story short, these were good friends from my days in TX who had relocated to Bklyn. Austin natives and foodies / food snobs, I practically had to waterboard them to drag them to Taqueria.

So we arrived & ordered & sat down. And the whole time, I was getting the hairy eyeball from them; at one point, one asked directly, "Why are you wasting our time dragging us to get Mexican food in Jersey City?"

When our tacos came, I got to savor the sight of them taking a couple of bites, silently nodding, and then start taking pictures and announcing to the world via Facebook that they were eating the best damn tacos they'd had, ever, in the states.

I would love to eat better tacos and can't wait to, but honestly, I haven't had better without using my passport.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 5:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/13 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
haters gunna hate...

all i want to know is, how is taqueria doing? did you get flooded? i haven't made my way over there. are you guys open? thats all i need to know so i can get tacos. tacotruck fill me in.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 5:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/12 21:25
From Parts Unknown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
...We've learned that csurugbyhooker is in fact more Mexican than us. (not...sure how...that...works...)...

Never claimed to be more Mexican, just saying that I've eaten more tacos in my lifetime than probably half of your customers have combined. I've had the good fortune of living in a city with a huge Mexican population where cheap and delicious tacos are basically on every 3rd street corner. Spent a significant amount of time in Cali in areas where the taco stands are manned by grandmothers who have been cooking for 60+ years. Ate at a place in Tijuana, Mexico on several occasions named Mariscos el Maztate?o, home of the famous "tacos de camar?n enchilado," which is in an area that few tourists venture into. I won't go on about the dizzying array of taco options I over-indulged in while in Ciudad de M?xico...

Point is, service aside (which really isn't a deal breaker for me - I'm not here for the ambiance), the tacos I've had in your place were o.k. at best. The meat was really dry on both occasions and the tacos were over-spiced and over-garnished to compensate for lack of flavor from the meat. Like I told the person I ate there with the first time I had Taqueria, your place benefits greatly from lack of viable options in the immediate area and lack of taco taste buds from your clientele. When 80% of them have only Taco Bell to compare you too, then of course they're going to fawn over your place. Which is fine for you and fine for them... Merry Christmas to everyone. Vive La Taqueria Bell!

Posted on: 2011/9/3 0:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

croft wrote:
there is a little mexican taqueria on sip ave at romaine ave near journal square that just opened up about 2 months ago. $5.00 lunch special - 2 tacos and one of their homemade beverages. they give you plenty of limes and radishes to go with it and have a few different home made salsas there, including a green one.

also in bayonne there's a mexican deli/restaurant that serves great pork tacos. i believe it's around 38th st and on broadway.

i'm sure some of the ones in the heights are good too (cinco de mayo on thorne??) you just need to look around.

The one in Bayonne is El Aguila Dorada. I've been there a few times and the food and service is about 430 times better than Taqueria. Give or take

Posted on: 2011/9/2 20:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Oh yes...definitely DO NOT drink and jclist.
Happy Labor Day everyone.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 19:10

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 24 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact