Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/6 3:34
Group:
Registered Users
I've been meaning to check out Taqueria for well over a year now but based on this thread, my motivation has been diminished. I have no opinion of the restaurant, having never been there but it has been recommended to me based on the food and the food alone. If that's all you want from a restaurant--good food--that's fine. If you want friendly service with your food, that's fine too.

My feeling is that, ultimately, being friendly isn't that hard and being unfriendly can cost you customers. The proprietors have a choice and, if what is written here is true, they've made one.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 2:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The last 3 replies are very funny. I don't expect to be waited on or treated special. I am polite to a fault. When I stay in a hotel I clean up before the maid gets there. Your attempts to spin this are very funny. Any douchiness I experienced was unprovoked and was more a product of the staff's sense of entitlement. They are/were rude for the same reason I am not, it's the way they were raised.

This thread is embarrassing and seems like wasted energy when during the hurricane and flooding there are better ways to exert energy than this message thread continuing to make the same points over and over. If the last word is important go in to politics!

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/27 23:58
Group:
Registered Users
seems like the "petty energy" is coming from taqueria, no?

paying customers, i think, have a right, maybe even an obligation, to proffer their experiences with a business, so that others can be informed, and then make their buying decisions.

what's the big deal with customers being honest on a community board with their opinions? Why is taqueria so thin-skinned? if they're confident with their product and service, why so much energy on their part in trying to squelch naysayers?

i personally think the food there is "okay" -- the tortillas are far too greasy for my taste, tho the spicing is nice. can't say i've been subject to terribly rude (or warm) service, but the owners responses on this board can be rude n immature.

but, hey, what r u gonna do? taqueria, like their customers, have a right to make spectacles of themselves on an internet board. sort of goes with the territory, i guess.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
You Don't Get a Second Chance to Make a First Impression.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Taqueria has the best chilaquiles! If it was closer I'd go there all the time. Let's complain now about Bistro La Source and Hard Grove!

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
The last 3 replies are very funny. I don't expect to be waited on or treated special. I am polite to a fault. When I stay in a hotel I clean up before the maid gets there. Your attempts to spin this are very funny. Any douchiness I experienced was unprovoked and was more a product of the staff's sense of entitlement. They are/were rude for the same reason I am not, it's the way they were raised.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
If only this petty energy was moved towards good in our community. Volunteer your time instead of paragraphs upon paragraphs of negative energy and explicit, yawning detail of your negative experiences. In fact, why not buy taco's from your favorite place and drop them off at the local shelter? It'll make you feel like a million bucks.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 1:29

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
Gone here and enjoyed myself many many times. Never had a problem with customer service or the food. Having worked in the customer service industry for most of my life it sounds like if you're getting shitty service its because you're a shitty customer. If this is the case I fully support Taqueria treating you like the entitled asshole consumer you probably are.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
!!!!! ENOUGH !!!!!!!

If you don't like Taqueria don't eat there,

Taqueria- Don't indulge the people that post negative reviews. It makes you look bad.

Yes, your staff needs to work on their attitude but I don't go there for the ambiance I go for the friggin tacos. The girl upfront with the boobs has a stink face all the time and Moby was a dick but he's gone and you can still speak to her about her attitude. These are fixable things.

People, this ain't no 3 star restaurant where they wait on you. Order your food sit down, eat it and leave. You want restaurant service then pay for it. The tacos are cheap and would be more expensive if they had wait service but then you would be bitching about the increase in prices.

The tacos are hands down the best in the tri-state area and thank you for making them at a reasonable price.

This is some Mickey Mouse Bullsh!t and I'm sick of people bitching and moaning because they didn't kiss your @ss the last time you went there. It's a taco place, get over it. Don't you have better things to do than to b!tch about the same things over and over again?

!!!!! ENOUGH !!!!!!!

Posted on: 2011/9/1 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Again, seems like bald "Moby" was a big cause for all this strife....

Posted on: 2011/8/31 20:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Not really. It's interesting that the poster criticizes one persons "neuroses" and yet doesn't see those of the restaurant owners. They have "rules"? Really? Like "no, we cannot substitute chicken for pork" on a taco? It's an effing taco and these are your customers. "No pregnant lady, you can't sit down till you've ordered food"? Please, we all see who the borderline psychotics are in this equation. You people can keep bowing to their "rules". I prefer a lot less douchiness and a little bit more respect if I am going to politely order food at your establishment. Nuff said.

+1

You'll always have the apologists who'll come up with any excuse in the book to defend the bad attitudes that were/are at the place (maybe it's changed, but I don't go in there anymore).

I used to order from Taqueria often when I lived in Liberty Harbor, but there were a few instances that made me stop spending my money at that restaurant.

I ordered one night and the guy teased my about my first name. I guess it was playful joshing, but still odd nevertheless.

The second instance was on a Friday night when I witnessed the gentleman behind the counter treat two customers very differently. One guy was in jeans and a hoodie and the other guy was in a suit and tie. The guy in the suit was talked to like he was lucky he was even getting service while the hoodie guy was semi-fawned upon.

I don't know if it was a personal beef with the suit guy, but to speak to someone like they are beneath you and then basically just throw the change/food on the counter is unacceptable.

My final visit to Taqueria had the bald guy once again make fun of my first name. This time he didn't have the little smirk on his face and he gave me the impression that I was interrupting his conversation with two of his buddies.

Maybe he remembers me. I was the guy who placed a fairly large order and then walked out. I'm sorry, but it's a food service industry. A little common courtesy goes a long way in my book.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
It's a good point ... why don't they make chicken tacos?

Posted on: 2011/8/31 19:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

gt2220 wrote:
Quote:

JoeAuxiliary wrote:
No; you're just a hypercritical, hypocritical ornery internet tough guy who's delighted by the fact that this restaurant has somehow wronged you and will argue back with you on the internet. You consistently bring up your disdain for them in this thread despite having apparently decided to shove Taco Truck in your maw years ago.

No one cares. I stopped posting on this site two years ago, and was amazed to find that years later (when looking for hurricane/flooding info) the Taqueria thread still exists and that you are the most frequent contributor.

No amount of posting about one of Jersey City's most popular restaurants, one that serves numerous people without incident every day, will make you important or validate any of your borderline-psychotic arguments. No one noticed that you posted your address, a link to your shitty blog, or a link to your Facebook page. None of this validates your neuroses. None of it ever will. I'm sorry they didn't let you sit outside, or reserve a seat, or make a change to their menu. These are their rules, they are how they run a restaurant. If you don't like it, shut up and stop complaining. Especially on the Goddamn internet. Shit, people don't even whine about the rules or specific incidents anymore; now everyone's criticism seems to relate only to things said in this stupid thread.

Post of the year, well said.

Not really. It's interesting that the poster criticizes one persons "neuroses" and yet doesn't see those of the restaraunt owners. They have "rules"? Really? Like "no, we cannot substitute chicken for pork" on a taco? It's an effing taco and these are your customers. "No pregnant lady, you can't sit down till you've ordered food"? Please, we all see who the borderline psychotics are in this equation. You people can keep bowing to their "rules". I prefer a lot less douchiness and a little bit more respect if I am going to politely order food at your establishment. Nuff said.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 19:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Taqueria in Jersey City is 10x better than the Taco Truck in hoboken.

I find it sad that anyone is trying to compare them...

Posted on: 2011/8/31 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly, both of them are being immature. Hey but it's free advertising for Taqueria every time this thread pops up.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 19:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

7thstreeter wrote:
I'm still boycotting them. And I don't care how ridiculuous anyone thinks that is.

No one thinks (or at least no one should think) it's ridiculous that someone chooses not to patronize a particular restaurant. We all have our bad experiences that can sour us even on a place that otherwise seems to please many, many other people. However, what is ridiculous is repeating the same critique ad nauseum. Make your point once and move on.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/26 14:52
Group:
Registered Users
I'm still boycotting them. And I don't care how ridiculuous anyone thinks that is.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/25 17:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Karma? Wonder what the ten families/homes on Grove st. did to deserve having half their furniture and belongings ruined by the flooding. Don't worry about us it's just a business and we're nothing if not resilient. Just don't tell all the people with their beds and couches out on the street that it was karma.

+1

Dear Taqueria Man,

Glad to here you are back and running. I think you folks are top notch. Taqueria and Sapthagiri are truly the only JC eating spots I ever take out-of-town guests to. Without you I could offer them no choices (not everyone goes for Indian).

You have to cease paying attention to this Ian character. He's a narcissistic, self-described lurker (From this dude's webiste: "There are a number of places that my comments can be found including messages boards I routinely lurk in as well as random blogs I?ve left comments on. Sometimes I Google myself and discover comments I?ve made years ago.")

Ignore the rants. Feel the love radiating from your customers' tummies! Don't give him the satisfaction of a response.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JoeAuxiliary wrote:
No; you're just a hypercritical, hypocritical ornery internet tough guy who's delighted by the fact that this restaurant has somehow wronged you and will argue back with you on the internet. You consistently bring up your disdain for them in this thread despite having apparently decided to shove Taco Truck in your maw years ago.

No one cares. I stopped posting on this site two years ago, and was amazed to find that years later (when looking for hurricane/flooding info) the Taqueria thread still exists and that you are the most frequent contributor.

No amount of posting about one of Jersey City's most popular restaurants, one that serves numerous people without incident every day, will make you important or validate any of your borderline-psychotic arguments. No one noticed that you posted your address, a link to your shitty blog, or a link to your Facebook page. None of this validates your neuroses. None of it ever will. I'm sorry they didn't let you sit outside, or reserve a seat, or make a change to their menu. These are their rules, they are how they run a restaurant. If you don't like it, shut up and stop complaining. Especially on the Goddamn internet. Shit, people don't even whine about the rules or specific incidents anymore; now everyone's criticism seems to relate only to things said in this stupid thread.

Post of the year, well said.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/4 3:50
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
You know what? They are the ones who sent private messages via JCList at 4am in the morning.

They are also the ones who called Jersey City residents low class.

They are the ones who who felt it necessary to make a cutting remark about The Taco Truck.

What have I said? I said that their food is good but their customer service is shit because they are a bunch of assholes. Sure, maybe it is insensitive to a joke about karma flooding out a basement level in a low lying flood plain. I'm not exactly sure how that's the same thing as making vague threats of what the internet will do to people when the Taqueria owners post $1,000 bounty on the internet.

I write a negative Yelp review; they threaten to unleash unnamed internet hackers.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
I dont see where they said the words low class and their comment about the taco truck seems justified.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
The "out of control fascists" review was you???? Oh ian...

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
You know what? They are the ones who sent private messages via JCList at 4am in the morning.

They are also the ones who called Jersey City residents low class.

They are the ones who who felt it necessary to make a cutting remark about The Taco Truck.

What have I said? I said that their food is good but their customer service is shit because they are a bunch of assholes. Sure, maybe it is insensitive to a joke about karma flooding out a basement level in a low lying flood plain. I'm not exactly sure how that's the same thing as making vague threats of what the internet will do to people when the Taqueria owners post $1,000 bounty on the internet.

I write a negative Yelp review; they threaten to unleash unnamed internet hackers.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Ouch. Little too much tequila last night. But still...LEAVE US ALONE IANMAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't we just read our favorite local website to see what's going on with crime and events without having to see taqueria with ianmac next to it because we know it's just going to be something retarded...anyway, wasn't really going to out you but you did yourself and we really hope that lame boring blog isn't THE ianmac we know and love. peace.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 18:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
No, you wanted to start shit. Like when you resurrected a falling thread by posting "karma" while their restaurant was under a foot of water.

If you antagonized me half as much as you do them I'd dislike the hell out of you too.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I wanted the $1,000 bounty.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 17:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/2 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
New Jersey does have a terroristic threat statute on the books (N.J.S.A. 2C:12-3), but it requires a showing that the victim was placed in reasonable apprehension or that the threat would cause serious alarm. As such, placing confidential information on a website after such a threat would likely nullify any claims of terroristic threats.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 17:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
From VVP
Group:
Registered Users
Taqueria is open. And you can sit in the backyard. Judging by the amount of people entering the restaurant, I think karma is coming back around. Also, a counter person smiled at me.

Oh, and butt-head above: you're citing some bumpkin Texas penal law website.

But as general advice: grow up.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I had some interesting private messages in my inbox today:

Quote:

Sent: 2011/8/31 3:54:39
flooding

every time we want people to know you're an idiot...you just prove it...

Quote:

Sent: 2011/8/31 4:02:20
taqueria

we're going to give a 1000 dollar reward to find out your identity and out you to the internet world. (there are alot of hackers) we'll see if after that you will keep saying what you say...

Now to me, the second message strikes me as someone making a terroristic threat.

But I rather have the $1,000.

ianmac47:

Ian MacAllen
241 Third Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302

http://www.ianmacallen.com/
Facebook

So should I expect that as cash or a cashiers check? Please remit payment of reward to the above address.

Posted on: 2011/8/31 13:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
have not been by to see what the damage is, hope it's not to bad and you all have a speedy recovery.

anyone laughing at others misfortunes on here needs to grow up. seen a lot of lame ish on this board, but that takes the cake.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 18:42

« 1 ... 6 7 8 (9) 10 11 12 ... 24 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017