Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
81 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 81

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 24 »

Re: Taqueria
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Dear TAQUERIA

Sorry to see the damage, Wishing you the best to restore business as usual. I will be waiting at the door for your return

Posted on: 2011/8/29 20:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/2 19:38
Group:
Registered Users
karma? really? c'mon man.

Posted on: 2011/8/29 15:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 14:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Karma? Wonder what the ten families/homes on Grove st. did to deserve having half their furniture and belongings ruined by the flooding. Don't worry about us it's just a business and we're nothing if not resilient. Just don't tell all the people with their beds and couches out on the street that it was karma.

I agree. And to those idiots taking pictures, laughing and treating the Grove Street Flooding as some form of carnival while residents sit on the stoop trying to remain calm when everything they own is ruined I hope Karma comes to you. And no that wasn't my car.

Posted on: 2011/8/29 12:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/22 22:35
Group:
Banned
Koufax played in L.A. and he's on the walls.

Posted on: 2011/8/29 3:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
This isn't about Irene. Hey Taqueria people why no love for Koufax, Pee Wee, Robinson, or Snyder? I mean really none for them on the walls?

Posted on: 2011/8/29 2:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Karma? Wonder what the ten families/homes on Grove st. did to deserve having half their furniture and belongings ruined by the flooding. Don't worry about us it's just a business and we're nothing if not resilient. Just don't tell all the people with their beds and couches out on the street that it was karma.

Posted on: 2011/8/29 2:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Karma is a bitch.

Posted on: 2011/8/29 1:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
My God, you people are so corny! If you don't like the Taqueria then don't go. Phil and Andrea are restaurant owners--they are not your friends, they are not your phone service providers and your calls will not be recorded for training purposes. They run 2 great restaurants that make great addictive food in a high pressure environment, if you enjoy it then continue to go, they would love (i'm sure) to have you pay them for this food, but stop being whiny babies. The statement that was made about the clientele was a response to someone insulting their new-born. The person is lucky they only lashed out online and didn't get smacked--and from what I read, they deserved it.

If anyone on here had a serious problem and had the class (uh oh there's that word again...) to go talk to them face to face I'm sure both parties would leave all peachy and stuff, but the ongoing whining is so overplayed at this point.

Phil and Andrea, please don't close the JC store, even though my g/f lives around the corner from the shop in the e-vil, I'm still only there on the weekends.

...in real life.

Posted on: 2011/8/18 14:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/28 13:50
Group:
Registered Users
Gotta say - the last few times I have been to Taqueria the staff has been so friendly. I got take out both times but there is definitely a much nicer crew there these days. Man their tacos are good!

Posted on: 2011/8/18 0:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/6 17:42
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Can't even tell you the difference in class in the clientele in NYC than that in Jersey. So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store.

Wow. Someone told me about this comment and I just couldn't believe it until I came on here to see for myself. I'm shocked, but with all the complaints I suppose I shouldn't be.

Sure, you only got about $10 from me each month so the loss of my business will mean nothing to you, but I certainly won't eat there again.

Still, amazing to see business owners show so much hatred for their customers, no matter what one anonymous internet poster may have had to say about them.

Posted on: 2011/8/16 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chiefdahill wrote:
I can't believe this thread keeps going on.

If you don't like Taqueria don't eat there.

I for one love Taqueria and will continue to eat their yummy carnitas and pescados.

In fact I would eat more tacos if they ever got around to doing delivery. wink. wink.

Delivery? I don't think you can even phone in an order for pick up.

I'm kinda glad they dont do delivery. I'd be eating a milanesa torta at least once a week as well as way too many tacos.

Posted on: 2011/7/21 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
I can't believe this thread keeps going on.

If you don't like Taqueria don't eat there.

I for one love Taqueria and will continue to eat their yummy carnitas and pescados.

In fact I would eat more tacos if they ever got around to doing delivery. wink. wink.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/12 21:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
CatDog wrote: I imagine ianmac to be like Olga from Hey Arnold! Publicly he hates Taqueria and wants to get them shut down, and obsesses every day with his complaints. But in his closet is a secret shrine to Taqueria with used paper plates, peanut butter candies, I <3 Pork Tacos stickers, and hair he?s found on the sidewalk outside. Every night he kneels in front of it, boxers around his ankles and a Taco Bell gordita in hand, crying the entire time. Resized Image
With this one post, you have rehabilitated this entire thread. Bravo! Bravissimo!

Posted on: 2011/7/20 21:52
"Someday a book will be written on how this city can be broke in the midst of all this development." ---Brewster

Oh, wait, there is one: The Jersey Sting.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/25 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:

And perhaps Taqueria's behavior is indicative of why some people really really hate them?

and we have a winner!

Posted on: 2011/7/20 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Both of them are a little over the top imo but a person is allowed to have their own opinion. And perhaps Taqueria's behavior is indicative of why some people really really hate them? All I have to say is, the guy needs to show a little humility, even if it's just an act. I've seen some abrupt behavior in the past at the restaurant, but I haven't been so offended that I would never go back. However, his postings on this board are really really offensive. Again, someone on this list called his kid a name, and he reacted by throwing all of his customers under the bus. That's low class if you ask me.

And btw, sometimes people log into JClist on whatever their device is, iphone, ipad, computer, laptop, and then walk away without closing their window so it looks like they are still browsing the thread. I know I've done it.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 20:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/8 15:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:

also... just a little newsflash to ppl here - 99% of the staff that serves you in restaurants hates you. get over it.

Even if this is true, most owners would do a pretty good job of hiding it. I personally have never encountered anything remotely rude when I've been there. Everyone has been very nice. Which is why I'm a bit taken aback by the response of TheTacoTruck on this board. It's fine to defend yourself, but you just called your entire customer base "lower class" than that of NYC. I'm not sure how that's to be interpreted by the residents of this city who are the patrons of the restaurant.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

phDog wrote:
also... just a little newsflash to ppl here - 99% of the staff that serves you in restaurants hates you. get over it.

On the contrary, 99% of people who work in restaurants aren?t dickheads to the customers.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/20 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I imagine ianmac to be like Olga from Hey Arnold! Publicly he hates Taqueria and wants to get them shut down, and obsesses every day with his complaints. But in his closet is a secret shrine to Taqueria with used paper plates, peanut butter candies, I <3 Pork Tacos stickers, and hair he?s found on the sidewalk outside. Every night he kneels in front of it, boxers around his ankles and a Taco Bell gordita in hand, crying the entire time. Resized Image

Posted on: 2011/7/20 18:54

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/9 19:59
Group:
Registered Users
ianmac, you obviously hate this place & everyone associated with it and that's fine, no one begrudges you for feeling that way. we hear you loud & clear. but some of us enjoy going there as much as you dislike going there. so i guess we can keep discussing this for the rest of our lives but really, why would we want to? there's lots of places i hate, so i don't go there. end of story. this has gotten a bit weird/vindictive, no?

Posted on: 2011/7/20 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/30 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
this thread is so entertaining. i've been getting tacos from P&A since they had the cart parked outside the old sims carpets and never once have i had a negative experience - aside from Moby being a little overly friendly with my gf back in the day.

and btw - by mexico city street food standards, guac is not necessarily authentic

congrats on the baby btw!

Posted on: 2011/7/20 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Texas wrote:
TheTacoTruck/ Taqueria owners:

Yesterday you stated that it was only a matter of time until you closed the JC location, " So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store." And today you are not only not closing the JC location, but you are in the process of obtaining a liquor license?

Texas raised a fair question, esp since you brought it up.

We go about once a month. No one was ever rude to us, although the first time I went I was expecting the insult guy from Monty Python after reading this thread. I just said it was my first time here and what's the process.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 12:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Ian everytime that we come on here we see that you're "browsing" our thread. Why the obsession? What did we do to you? Was it that traumatizing????

Posted on: 2011/7/20 6:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Texas wrote:

SO I guess you are off your meds again and have gotten confused. Yesterday you stated that it was only a matter of time until you closed the JC location, " So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store." And today you are not only not closing the JC location, but you are in the process of obtaining a liquor license? You have that kind of money and political pull? Liquor licenses don't grow on trees in JC.

"yes LES has chips and guac and a couple other things that come with having a full bar. (margaritas) Jersey City location will get these too as we are in the process of obtaining a full liq lic. here as well."

I'm sure when the Alcohol Control Board learns that they were selling beer without a liquor license, they will be at the front of the line for approval. I'm sure of it. That's the way it works. First you sell beer without a license and then you get a real license after that.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 5:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
When Mike Piazza is enshrined in Cooperstown with an NY on his cap and not an LA and I come in for a taco will i be refused service? They seem to love LA to an extreme.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 4:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/7 5:42
Group:
Registered Users

SO I guess you are off your meds again and have gotten confused. Yesterday you stated that it was only a matter of time until you closed the JC location, " So don't worry, it's just a matter of time before we close the jersey store." And today you are not only not closing the JC location, but you are in the process of obtaining a liquor license? You have that kind of money and political pull? Liquor licenses don't grow on trees in JC.

"yes LES has chips and guac and a couple other things that come with having a full bar. (margaritas) Jersey City location will get these too as we are in the process of obtaining a full liq lic. here as well."

SO which is it mean angry person who needs to take an anger management class? You closing the JC location or are you staying open?

There was no need for you to be so mean and rude to the The_Taco_Truck poster. They made an honest mistake. I can't wait until you piss off the wrong person....bye bye mean nasty man.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheTacoTruck wrote:
Because we were thetacotruck in jersey city when you were still in business school. (now this is getting good right?) Why would the_taco_truck hijack our thread? Anywho...so yes LES has chips and guac and a couple other things that come with having a full bar. (margaritas) Jersey City location will get these too as we are in the process of obtaining a full liq lic. here as well. We never said guac wasn't mexican, others said we said. We have been fortunate (actually fortune has nothing to do with it) that the response in NY has been stellar. But as someone has already pointed out, there really is nothing like the original. Peace.
Guacamole AND a full liquor license? ooh I'm excited.

Posted on: 2011/7/20 2:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/3 11:44
Group:
Registered Users
I would look for a major announcement/event about this on around October 21: http://bit.ly/oJ7RRF

Posted on: 2011/7/20 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
I had guacamole in Mexico so I just don't get that. Anyway, love the chicken soup.

Posted on: 2011/7/19 23:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
I hate the taqueria too. I hate them because the tacos they make are so much better than any around. I also hate them because the home made hotsauce is perfection and everything that comes out of the kitchen consistently top notch. Haters are bound to hate.
Please don't leave.
Downtown JC without the taqueria could lead to a JC outbreak of sad taco-less taco enthusiasts. Who wants that?

Posted on: 2011/7/19 23:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/20 23:11
Group:
Registered Users
This just made me hungry...I'm gonna go get some Taq right now...

By the way, The _Taco_Truck, you should go check out Taqueria some time, your tacos are a little dry and them shitz is too small...

Posted on: 2011/7/19 23:06

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 24 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017