Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17)

Re: Yvonne Outdoes Herself - Transgender Bathroom Editorial
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
A social experiment: The women say no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHt7EBCgJnI

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
i bet a lot of yvonne-type people wish we could just lynch a whole bunch of people and stop beating around the bush

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I have no problem with people who identify themselves as male using men's room. My wife also has no problem with people who identify themselves as female.

People who oppose this seem to be under the impression that these people are just "pretending" to be of the other gender.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne is an ignorant bigot. This is not a new fact. The bigger issue is why this clearly ignorant individual is continually given a forum at our local newspaper. At this point, she practically has a regular column only instead of calling it what it is, "Views from our local dullard", she's treated like some researched local. Quote:
bill wrote: Is the world going crazy? "Estimates of the prevalence of gender dysphoria or GID range from a lower bound of 1:2000 (or about 0.05%) in the Netherlands and Belgium[2] to 0.5% of Massachusetts adults[3] to 1.2% of New Zealand high-school students.[4] These numbers are based on those who identify as transgender. It is estimated that about 0.005% to 0.014% of males and 0.002% to 0.003% of females would be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, based on current diagnostic criteria.[5]" We are letting potentially more than 99% of us to be uncomfortable in the bathroom to allow <1% to be potentially comfortable?
The bigger question is... Why are you uncomfortable? The fact of the matter is, there are laws on the books against individuals, regardless of gender or gender identity, from using the bathroom as an alternative of that. What yourself, Yvonne and the rest of the right wing echo chamber fail to recognize is that there is a lower risk from the LGBTQ community as an entirety from preying upon children than it is Denny Hastert. Should we start passing laws that say Republicans can't share a restroom for fear that they might prey upon someone...?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:34
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
?They should be ashamed of themselves.?
?No, you should be ashamed of yourself.?

Oh the shame? the shame?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Is the world going crazy? "Estimates of the prevalence of gender dysphoria or GID range from a lower bound of 1:2000 (or about 0.05%) in the Netherlands and Belgium[2] to 0.5% of Massachusetts adults[3] to 1.2% of New Zealand high-school students.[4] These numbers are based on those who identify as transgender. It is estimated that about 0.005% to 0.014% of males and 0.002% to 0.003% of females would be diagnosed with gender dysphoria, based on current diagnostic criteria.[5]" We are letting potentially more than 99% of us to be uncomfortable in the bathroom to allow <1% to be potentially comfortable?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
I am a male. I wouldn't mind a chick who feels like a male in men's bathroom. It would be awesome. My wife, however, has a problem with a guy who feels like a female in women's bathroom. I guess that makes her transphobic. Has the world gone completely crazy?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 12:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed.... CatDog

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My 10% citation comes from the person who opened up this silly thread. One would assume that sexual predators (strangers) in public spaces would stalk areas that give them privacy such as a public bathroom or store clothes changing area. They certainly aren't going to be jerking off in the food court of the Newport Mall. My deviant horny school teacher comment was just a reflection of your funny sense of humor about the Catholic Church AKA. Amazing you have missed the "one or two" stories that have appeared in the news about teachers going to jail for sexually abusing their students. Sorry I had to explain something so obvious.

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I can't believe the intolerance of these people at the public pool... sacrificing 10% of children to sexual abuse by strangers is a small price to pay for men to use whatever bathroom they choose, call it the new "norm" http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/23/man ... ut-citing-gender-identity

So you conclude from what evidence that 10% of all children are molested by strangers in public bathrooms? You seem to have a hard time with statistics. That was 10% total of "molested children" were victimized by strangers.

Not sure what your point about teachers is, but kids are far more likely to be molested by a person in loco parentis such as a relative, teacher, coach or clergyman. It's just that simple, they have far more access and trust than somebody in a restroom. Better the restroom than jolly ole Coach Denny Hastert pulling up a chair to watch the boys shower.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
I don't understand why we're even discussing any of this, it's a solution in search of a problem. We might as well ban horses from using public payphones.

Trump already nailed this point very well.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Here is the video that I referred to in my letter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzwMJAFWLtQ

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
I don't understand why we're even discussing any of this, it's a solution in search of a problem. We might as well ban horses from using public payphones.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
I can't believe the intolerance of these people at the public pool... sacrificing 10% of children to sexual abuse by strangers is a small price to pay for men to use whatever bathroom they choose, call it the new "norm" http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/23/man ... ut-citing-gender-identity

So you conclude from what evidence that 10% of all children are molested by strangers in public bathrooms? You seem to have a hard time with statistics. That was 10% total of "molested children" were victimized by strangers.

Not sure what your point about teachers is, but kids are far more likely to be molested by a person in loco parentis such as a relative, teacher, coach or clergyman. It's just that simple, they have far more access and trust than somebody in a restroom. Better the restroom than jolly ole Coach Denny Hastert pulling up a chair to watch the boys shower.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 3:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

And let's not forget those horny school teachers... now there's another profession over run by deviants LOL

Quote:

brewster wrote:
The really hysterical part is Yvonne's deep devotion to the Catholic Church, AKA Child Molestation Inc.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 2:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/26 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
You can't call out a crazy person. You'll never convince her. All you can do is ignore her rantings.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 2:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The really hysterical part is Yvonne's deep devotion to the Catholic Church, AKA Child Molestation Inc.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 2:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/5 12:07
From CVS Pick-up Window
Group:
Registered Users
Ugh - damn it.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Well she is a lying intolerant hatemonger so not surprising.

Also NJ.com is a shi*ty "paper" for continuing to even publish this garbage.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 1:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
But you're using a fake name, and Yvonne has lived here for a thousand years.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 0:55

Yvonne Outdoes Herself - Transgender Bathroom Editorial
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne - you are completely off base with your comments and I'm personally calling you out on this one. I've posted your editorial that is online today below. I wanted to say this to you:

You are spreading misinformation about transgender individuals that is ignorant and so far fetched it is laughable. With children who are molested, the vast majority know their abusers - they are most likely family members or those known to them (you know, like their priest at church). Precisely:

An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members.

About 30% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family members.

Only about 10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are strangers to the child.

Not all perpetrators are adults?an estimated 23% of reported cases of child sexual abuse are perpetrated by individuals under the age of 18.

Source

Rape or any sexual assault is a tragic crime and the impacts are lifelong. However, opining that allowing transgender individuals to use a restroom will increase sexual assaults is a myth. My son has just as much of a chance of being raped in a men's room by another male as my daughter has when she enters the woman's room.

And you should know that laws ALREADY protecting transgender individuals IN PUBLIC RESTROOMS have already been on the books in at least 12 states as far back as 1993. Not one of those states has reported any incidents related to these laws - see this link for their interesting insights:

15 Experts Debunk Right Wing Transgender Bathroom Myths

And please remember, transgender individuals transition in both ways. Women become men and men become women.

As an educator, you are woefully uneducated.

And now on to your editorial:

Transgender public restrooms pose a threat to women, children | Letter

By Letters To The Editor | The Jersey Journal
on April 25, 2016 at 6:30 PM, updated April 25, 2016 at 6:32 PM

The United States is known to be the first in many fields but it is also first in the world in the number of rapes committed. Males are the majority of the rapists at 99 percent with 91 percent of the victims being females.

Looking at the registry of people who are sex offenders in Jersey City, 271 are listed with 270 being male.

The National Victim Center estimated that 29 percent of all forcible rapes in America were against children under age 11. There is also a direct link to rape victims and suicide, so I am appalled that Target and other celebrities embrace transgenders using female public restrooms. As proof go to Youtube and type in the search bar - Women: Decide For Yourselves.

The video does an excellent job of giving names and incidents where men ... committed crimes against women and children. This new agenda of allowing men into female spaces is a gateway for regular sexual predators who do not identify themselves as transgender.

The article in the Jersey Journal about a sexual predator exposing himself to a babysitter and child is frightening. What would he have done if he walked into a female restroom at Target?

As a retired teacher, I have seen the effects of young female students struggle to get over sexual assault. It is truly heartbreaking. Our country including businesses like Target, should be ashamed that they are putting children and women are risk.

YVONNE BALCER
JERSEY CITY

Editorial

Posted on: 2016/4/26 0:50

« 1 ... 14 15 16 (17)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!