Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: St Peters tower, another flop
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

No, the greater neighborhood is not against it, but rather supports it. A handful of residents on the streets who's houses would border this are opposed entirely as they feel it will hurt their sunlight, and many other reasons they put forth. But the majority supported it for the most part - maybe a few elements of it we fought (like the giant video screens...4 x 75'x25'!!, and they cut way back on the parking they promised). We're interested in seeing it built.

What's interesting is that only a handful of neighbors against this tower came out to the Planning Board and the Council hearings on it. While many of us came out in support, seeking only minor modifications. But that wasn't in the article

I remember reading this....

Jersey City residents voice opposition to proposed Saint Peter's University tower

By Jonathan Lin | The Jersey Journal
on July 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM, updated July 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM

"All these people's lives are going to change," said Donna Cabell, head of the Mercer Block Association, also known as the Mercer Street Newsletter Group. "The traffic is already a mess there, this is going to make it worse."

Cabell said that she has collected 200 names on a petition against the university's project, but that many members of the community are afraid to speak out against the project.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ing_in_mcginley_squa.html

Posted on: 2016/4/20 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

No, the greater neighborhood is not against it, but rather supports it. A handful of residents on the streets who's houses would border this are opposed entirely as they feel it will hurt their sunlight, and many other reasons they put forth. But the majority supported it for the most part - maybe a few elements of it we fought (like the giant video screens...4 x 75'x25'!!, and they cut way back on the parking they promised). We're interested in seeing it built.

I remember reading this....

Jersey City residents voice opposition to proposed Saint Peter's University tower

By Jonathan Lin | The Jersey Journal
on July 29, 2014 at 12:59 PM, updated July 29, 2014 at 4:39 PM

"All these people's lives are going to change," said Donna Cabell, head of the Mercer Block Association, also known as the Mercer Street Newsletter Group. "The traffic is already a mess there, this is going to make it worse."

Cabell said that she has collected 200 names on a petition against the university's project, but that many members of the community are afraid to speak out against the project.?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ing_in_mcginley_squa.html

Posted on: 2016/4/19 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Yeah I was wondering what happened to it. I recall the neighborhood was against it. But looking at those drawings my God that would be a great plus for the area and JC.

Click this SPU link, in the top right search box type tower hit enter

http://www.saintpeters.edu/

The top two results are interesting the first .pdf has a detailed description like yours. The next one has the below information. Both have dates of 2018. Email them and ask what is going on.

Saint Peter's Tower Provides New Concept in Retirement Living for Boomers

Thursday, March 19, 2015
Posted by: Angeline Boyer

Coming in 2018, the new Saint Peter?s tower will be located two-blocks from campus in McGinley Square. The tower will include 454 apartments and 100 of these units are being designed specifically for baby boomers with an interest in lifelong learning and an active, healthy lifestyle. These apartments are open to all graduates of Jesuit schools in America.

The views of Manhattan from this tower will be as good as they get. It will also have a rooftop-restaurant, a pool, a movie theatre, a fresh grocer, a bank and many other amenities. Most importantly, the building will have affordable rental rates.

If you are interested in learning more about possibly becoming a part of this special community, please click here or contact the Saint Peter's University Office of Alumni Engagement at alumni@saintpeters.edu* or (201) 761-6122.

* If the link does not redirect, please copy and paste the address into a new email.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 14:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/5 12:07
From CVS Pick-up Window
Group:
Registered Users
I know someone who could really use a program like that. Being Jesuit might even encourage the person to go.

Going to reach out to alumni relations to find out more.

Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
I cant speak to how St. Peter's is going to structure this program... but I know Penn State has a program where retirees can audit most classes the school offers for no cost... and there are now classes filled with retirees.

It's been a big win for the school as it generates good PR and makes state college a great place for people to put roots. I think it is great SP would pursue this.

I share this purely from word of mouth, but I would gamble someone around here would know how it actually works.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
100 of these units are being designed specifically for baby boomers with an interest in lifelong learning and an active, healthy lifestyle. These apartments are open to all graduates of Jesuit schools in America.

Posted on: 2016/4/18 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I cant speak to how St. Peter's is going to structure this program... but I know Penn State has a program where retirees can audit most classes the school offers for no cost... and there are now classes filled with retirees.

It's been a big win for the school as it generates good PR and makes state college a great place for people to put roots. I think it is great SP would pursue this.

I share this purely from word of mouth, but I would gamble someone around here would know how it actually works.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
100 of these units are being designed specifically for baby boomers with an interest in lifelong learning and an active, healthy lifestyle. These apartments are open to all graduates of Jesuit schools in America.

Posted on: 2016/4/18 19:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users
"Please contact the offic of alumni engagement" = please alumni pay for this!

Posted on: 2016/4/17 11:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Sounds like the Beacon

Posted on: 2016/4/17 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I was wondering what happened to it. I recall the neighborhood was against it. But looking at those drawings my God that would be a great plus for the area and JC.

Click this SPU link, in the top right search box type tower hit enter

http://www.saintpeters.edu/

The top two results are interesting the first .pdf has a detailed description like yours. The next one has the below information. Both have dates of 2018. Email them and ask what is going on.

Saint Peter's Tower Provides New Concept in Retirement Living for Boomers

Thursday, March 19, 2015
Posted by: Angeline Boyer

Coming in 2018, the new Saint Peter?s tower will be located two-blocks from campus in McGinley Square. The tower will include 454 apartments and 100 of these units are being designed specifically for baby boomers with an interest in lifelong learning and an active, healthy lifestyle. These apartments are open to all graduates of Jesuit schools in America.

The views of Manhattan from this tower will be as good as they get. It will also have a rooftop-restaurant, a pool, a movie theatre, a fresh grocer, a bank and many other amenities. Most importantly, the building will have affordable rental rates.

If you are interested in learning more about possibly becoming a part of this special community, please click here or contact the Saint Peter's University Office of Alumni Engagement at alumni@saintpeters.edu* or (201) 761-6122.

* If the link does not redirect, please copy and paste the address into a new email.

Posted on: 2016/4/17 1:37

St Peters tower, another flop
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/7 2:57
Group:
Registered Users

Anyone know why this delayed? Anyone know how it supposed to be funded?
Link to architect site

http://www.kpnarch.com/node/92

Posted on: 2016/4/17 0:58

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017