Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Balcer Belches on NJ.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
The first post by Yvonne I've respected.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
I absolutely never read her posts. I see that big gold box and I keep scrolling. Is she a nut? Is she delusional? Does she just want attention? Don't care. There aren't enough hours in the day.

But you took the time to type you never read my posts. You spend energy doing that. Energy from your life that you will not regain.

Posted on: 2016/4/9 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
What exactly about Yvonne is everyone disputing ? I think she has valid points about the tax abatements and the potential reval.

ROFL!! So says her husband. We all know it, heights.

Spoken like a true interloper...buy a house will ya !

Posted on: 2016/4/8 23:04
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
What exactly about Yvonne is everyone disputing ? I think she has valid points about the tax abatements and the potential reval.

ROFL!! So says her husband. We all know it, heights.

Posted on: 2016/4/8 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/8 21:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EthanCrane wrote:
I absolutely never read her posts. I see that big gold box and I keep scrolling. Is she a nut? Is she delusional? Does she just want attention? Don't care. There aren't enough hours in the day.

But you took the time to type you never read my posts. You spend energy doing that. Energy from your life that you will not regain.

Posted on: 2016/4/8 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/8 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

If I have nothing to say, I comment.

Well that is true.

Thanks psyop, I do type fast, and my comment was incorrect. Thanks for pointing this out.

Freudian slip?

Posted on: 2016/4/8 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

Well that is true.

Thanks psyop, I do type fast, and my comment was incorrect. Thanks for pointing this out.

Posted on: 2016/4/8 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Well that is true.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Do you read? Nothing I wrote would have indicated I read your letter - I was talking about you, not your letter. This is a good example of what I was talking about. I was motivated to post by your incessant need to be heard. You seem confused and in dire need of attention. None of which is horrible, but it often leads to perseverant posts about things that end up having nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I will ask you the same thing, do you read? Why comment if you do not read? You are the one keeping this thread alive. If I have nothing to say, I comment. But it is different with you. You just comment for no reason. No wonder your name suits you well.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Do you read? Nothing I wrote would have indicated I read your letter - I was talking about you, not your letter. This is a good example of what I was talking about. I was motivated to post by your incessant need to be heard. You seem confused and in dire need of attention. None of which is horrible, but it often leads to perseverant posts about things that end up having nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Didn't read it. I recommend others don't as well.

If you didn't read, then why make a comment? You are a confusing person.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't read it. I recommend others don't as well.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 19:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
What if Yvonne posted her usual blather and - just for a day - no one responded to her.

Threads wouldn't be hijacked. Good conversations wouldn't be abruptly ended. Maybe - and I know this sounds crazy - productive dialog would advance to the point where people wanted to engage in advancing an issue or solving a problem.

That's crazy. Sorry for the delusional moment, JCList. Carry on.

Everything I said can be verified. There are newspapers articles on McCann's statement, even the Hudson Reporter was still publishing then. There are the statements from Cucci on the reduction of his tax abatements. That is also a public document. I am not angry McCann, because finally someone told the truth about tax abatements. This means Newport, the first 4 buildings and the mall, Society Hill built on toxic soil and not downtown plus Dixon Mills did not receive tax abatements. I have been saying this for a long time. But our politicians have been distorting the truth and saying we need to give tax abatements in order to bring development. McCann did me a favor.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
What if Yvonne posted her usual blather and - just for a day - no one responded to her.

Threads wouldn't be hijacked. Good conversations wouldn't be abruptly ended. Maybe - and I know this sounds crazy - productive dialog would advance to the point where people wanted to engage in advancing an issue or solving a problem.

That's crazy. Sorry for the delusional moment, JCList. Carry on.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 15:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
My letter to the editor:

Dear Editor:

Mayor McCann, thank you for responding to my letter, it made me day, before I explain why, I don?t disagree with your statements concerning Colgate and the Unions. I was referring to your statement that you were glad Colgate were leaving the waterfront. It did not fit your vision of development. Your comments made the papers similar to the present mayor?s comments. Colgate was one of the largest employers in Jersey City then. People did resent your words which benefitted candidate Anthony Cucci. Perhaps this newspaper (Jersey Journal) could reprint your comments since this was before the internet.

You and I will not agree on the board of education funding, my first hand information came from the late Mayor Anthony Cucci who complained to me about the state demanding he come up with $20 million more the schools. He complained you shortchanged the school budget and the state asked him to make up the difference. The mayor and I were good friends and often spoke about city matters. Yes, we had our differences concerning the 1988 reval but our friendship survived this.

There is some proof; Anthony Cucci spoke at the city council meeting when you decided to reduce the abatement agreement with 101 Hudson St during your second term. This was one of the developments that Mayor Cucci gave an abatement for prepayment of taxes in order to fund $20 million for the school system. Then citizen Cucci was furious about this, his words are part of the public hearing and I am sure you can ask the city clerk for a copy of his statement.

Finally, the reason I am delighted has to do with one sentence in your letter. ?Dixon Mills was built during my first term and all housing built then did not get tax abatements except low income housing for seniors.? I have said this numerous times at council meetings that development did occur before tax abatements but it was like talking to the wind. I agree, tax abatements were not needed then and now since development was already happening. Thank you again for responding to my original letter.

By the way, I thought you did a good job during your first term as mayor; it was the second term with tax abatements plus reducing Cucci?s tax agreements that bothered me. Also the bonding of $128.9 million for fiscal year adjustment bonds that we are still paying for 25 years later. The $128.9 million just plugged a budget hole. Unfortunately, succeeding administrations did not follow your first administration but instead followed the second with sweetheart tax abatement deals. You set the mold of give-a-ways.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 13:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Thanks for the fan club but I plan on responding with facts. Please watch.

"Facts" Yeah ok.

Posted on: 2016/4/7 0:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I really don't understand why Yvonne is given space in the newspaper when she's routinely proven to be a liar. It is uncanny how little she knows about history and what really occurred, instead preferring to go with her memory of what she believes to be what happened.

Do you mean like the time she claimed a German U-Boat was responsible for the Black Tom explosion in 1916!?!

When shown otherwise, she ignores the truth and moves on to something else. She is a textbook example of a megalomaniac.

(Prediction: she will reply with something that will include at least one of the following: "I feel sorry for you", "You use a phony name, I use my real name", or "I know my history")

I thought I'd heard it all from her with the "I was a public school teacher in JC for decades" statements - despite her inability to construct a basic grammatical sentence - until she mentioned that she sent her own children to private school. That was priceless.

Reminded me of the Groucho Marx dictum: "I wouldn't want my kids to be part of a club that would have me as a member." Well played Yvonne, well played.

Posted on: 2016/4/6 22:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I really don't understand why Yvonne is given space in the newspaper when she's routinely proven to be a liar. It is uncanny how little she knows about history and what really occurred, instead preferring to go with her memory of what she believes to be what happened.

Do you mean like the time she claimed a German U-Boat was responsible for the Black Tom explosion in 1916!?!

When shown otherwise, she ignores the truth and moves on to something else. She is a textbook example of a megalomaniac.

(Prediction: she will reply with something that will include at least one of the following: "I feel sorry for you", "You use a phony name, I use my real name", or "I know my history")

Posted on: 2016/4/6 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the fan club but I plan on responding with facts. Please watch.

Posted on: 2016/4/6 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
No one bothers to write anything else and all that's left is Yvonne for publication.

Posted on: 2016/4/6 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/6 18:43
Dos A Cero

Balcer Belches on NJ.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/6 16:56