Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Downtown Roads...why so bad?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/4 1:37
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Similar question.

Does it seem a little unscrupulous to enforce alternate side parking when 25%+ of Hamilton park streets are closed?

Does the city have a policy on this?

(I got ticketed twice the past two weeks, super frustrating)

Posted on: 2016/3/30 23:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
4th Street is the worst. It was re-paved 2-3 years ago, but dug up and shoddily patched up many times since.

If you think 4th street is bad, come up to the the heights. Some of the roads looks like bombed out runways.

Lafayette in the house: having worked in postwar Iraq and Bosnia, I can aver that Johnston between Pacific and Woodward (by the new swimming pool) is worse than a war zone.

But credit where credit is due: Pacific was far, far worse until its facelift last year.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Bike_Lane wrote:
4th Street is the worst. It was re-paved 2-3 years ago, but dug up and shoddily patched up many times since.

If you think 4th street is bad, come up to the the heights. Some of the roads looks like bombed out runways.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/30 21:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/13 14:11
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

clancey wrote:
Can anyone explain why the roads in downtown Jersey City are riddled with pot holes? There are very few smooth, freshly paved streets. I've heard it has to do with Fulop and PSE&G, and Fulop wanting them to fix the roads when they tear them up when they do work, but I know plenty of streets that have normal wear and tear and has nothting to do with utility work. The shocks on my car are really being tested on some streets. Just thought someone must have the inside scoop. Thanks.

Hi there - a couple of things here:

1) last year's contract for road repaving was not fulfilled by the vendor (a matter for which we are in litigation)

2) my ordinance which passed last Winter forced stricter standards for patches and also full repaving in cases where the road was less than 10 years old. Mayor Fulop pushed strongly last summer to start enforcing that law and they are starting those repavings now that it is warm again. There were a few that have MUA work as well and so may take another year before they are repaved. But the many roads in downtown will be repaved last year or in the next two due to this legislation.

3) we had a few really tough winters.

All of that said, I agree with you. It is highly frustrating that we are in the place we are in. It will take a few years before the ordinance has its' intended effect, but I do believe long term it will force coordination of utility work and proper restoration of our streets.

Candice

Posted on: 2016/3/30 20:10

Downtown Roads...why so bad?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 3:31
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone explain why the roads in downtown Jersey City are riddled with pot holes? There are very few smooth, freshly paved streets. I've heard it has to do with Fulop and PSE&G, and Fulop wanting them to fix the roads when they tear them up when they do work, but I know plenty of streets that have normal wear and tear and has nothting to do with utility work. The shocks on my car are really being tested on some streets. Just thought someone must have the inside scoop. Thanks.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 20:03

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017