Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Golden Cicada Closed?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder who the really sensitive ones around here are... LOL

Naw... we figure we are performing a public service helping you get your head out of your butt. Otherwise you will run amok through JC List threads searching for microaggressions like Captain Ahab searching for Moby Dick, the great white whale.

Actually the people who complain about "micro aggressions" are usually the people with their own head firmly planted in their ass. That's why it bothers you so much to have to try and wrap your head around a different perspective that is outside your comfort zone.

Hey, there is a nice civil thread going on about the Cicada. Then some arrogant dope contributes by calling people racist because we were using a product name called Chinese Fire Water?. and that person says he is still offended after being totally discredited. So we are supposed to excuse the terrible accusation? The guy never even apologized. That?s right liberals wouldn?t admit to an error in judgement, they would change it to facilitating a ?learning moment?
Thanks for your useful contributions though, incoherent as they read.

Don't worry- your opposition to learning anything new is very apparent. Keep that head firmly planted!

Not surprising someone like you would defend a SJW troll under the guise of "learning something new."

Shouldn't the two of you be busy helping Trump build a wall?

Whoa whoa whoa, not just "a wall" THE BEST WALL!!!

Posted on: 2016/4/5 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Naw... we figure we are performing a public service helping you get your head out of your butt. Otherwise you will run amok through JC List threads searching for microaggressions like Captain Ahab searching for Moby Dick, the great white whale.

Actually the people who complain about "micro aggressions" are usually the people with their own head firmly planted in their ass. That's why it bothers you so much to have to try and wrap your head around a different perspective that is outside your comfort zone.

Hey, there is a nice civil thread going on about the Cicada. Then some arrogant dope contributes by calling people racist because we were using a product name called Chinese Fire Water?. and that person says he is still offended after being totally discredited. So we are supposed to excuse the terrible accusation? The guy never even apologized. That?s right liberals wouldn?t admit to an error in judgement, they would change it to facilitating a ?learning moment?

I like how you tried to turn this into a sweeping, generalized political issue. Big thinker, you.

Here: I am sorry. I was wrong about Chinese Fire Water. You people spend too much time on the internet.

Posted on: 2016/4/5 0:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Don't worry- your opposition to learning anything new is very apparent. Keep that head firmly planted!

Thanks, I don?t need your lessons. I prefer not to prejudge people by assuming they are inherently racist. Hard to make progress in life with that kind of chip on your shoulder.

Posted on: 2016/4/4 23:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Not surprising someone like you would defend a SJW troll under the guise of "learning something new."

Shouldn't the two of you be busy helping Trump build a wall?

Posted on: 2016/4/4 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

With such an "open mind," your brain fell out long ago.

Posted on: 2016/4/4 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/4 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/4 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

easy to spot them: are they a commenter on JC list?

Posted on: 2016/4/4 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/4 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Seems that people who whinge about microaggressions the most are the ones like yourself.

It's the biggest non-issue ever handed to blowhards.

Posted on: 2016/4/4 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/3 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I stopped in yesterday and informed Terry of this thread. He found it very amusing when I mentioned all the speculation on this board. He said the would check it out.

Posted on: 2016/4/3 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/2 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
I'm in the Cicada right now and Terry insists reports of his demise are massively exaggerated...

He says you can't keep a good man down.

I await the feminist response....

Great to hear and not unexpected. I am sure JCman24 will chime once she/he unwinds from her/his fetal pretzel position and crawls out of thier safe space recovering from another microagression suffered walking on Newark Ave. I don't want to offend just because a gender free ID was not used.

Uh oh tough guy alert! You seem like a really cool person! That username certainly doesn't sound like you're trying to compensate for aaaanything....

Posted on: 2016/4/2 15:37

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/14 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome home Terry, we will sing again.

Posted on: 2016/4/2 14:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
Yessss! Great news!!

Posted on: 2016/4/2 14:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
I'm in the Cicada right now and Terry insists reports of his demise are massively exaggerated...

Great to hear and not unexpected. I am sure JCman24 will chime once she/he unwinds from her/his fetal pretzel position and crawls out of thier safe space recovering from another microagression suffered walking on Newark Ave. I don't want to offend just because a gender free ID was not used.

Posted on: 2016/4/2 11:40

Edited by TheBigGuy on 2016/4/2 11:58:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/2 4:07

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/12 17:52
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like it's still open. Terry takes chunks of time off here and there to conduct tours to China.

I was told earlier this year that Terry is going to re-model the place as he opens a new Golden Cicada in Nicaragua.

Posted on: 2016/4/2 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I don't know if that was the "Chinese fire water" talking or not...but, oh well.

What? Seriously?

Uh oh... I think some one is trolling to be offended on JCList. If you know Terry, he has a special blend that he calls "Chinese Fire Water" behind the bar. The quotes were aimed at those of us who have ever tasted it... and "survived" Lighten up.

Terry's not Chinese, so it's still offensive.

You're offended because a Malaysian bar owner ocassionally challenges his patrons to drink a shot of something he himself calls Chinese Fire Water? You're a precious little petal, aren't you?

How about Tommy, Big Guy and I all calling you out for being a faux outrage troll douche? How offensive is that exactly?

You should talk to someone about your anger issues. Seriously.

You?re right ? I should speak with a psychiatric professional to work through these aggressive tendencies. I need help and it?s time I admit that to myself. Thanks for making me realize I have problem JCman24.

Perhaps once I?m better adjusted and restored to a sounder mental footing, I?ll be able to stalk threads on online forums purposefully looking to read something not even mildly offensive that will stir a profound sense of indignation within me and spur me to chime into the debate ? not to add anything of substance to the discussion, of course ? but just to let the others know I outraged I am by something they?ve said.

So thanks again for your concern JCman24. You?re the paragon of mental wellness to which we should all aspire.

He knows it . Has answers for everything, right or wrong he thinks his opinion matters.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I don't know if that was the "Chinese fire water" talking or not...but, oh well.

What? Seriously?

Uh oh... I think some one is trolling to be offended on JCList. If you know Terry, he has a special blend that he calls "Chinese Fire Water" behind the bar. The quotes were aimed at those of us who have ever tasted it... and "survived" Lighten up.

You're offended because a Malaysian bar owner ocassionally challenges his patrons to drink a shot of something he himself calls Chinese Fire Water? You're a precious little petal, aren't you?

How about Tommy, Big Guy and I all calling you out for being a faux outrage troll douche? How offensive is that exactly?

You?re right ? I should speak with a psychiatric professional to work through these aggressive tendencies. I need help and it?s time I admit that to myself. Thanks for making me realize I have problem JCman24.

Perhaps once I?m better adjusted and restored to a sounder mental footing, I?ll be able to stalk threads on online forums purposefully looking to read something not even mildly offensive that will stir a profound sense of indignation within me and spur me to chime into the debate ? not to add anything of substance to the discussion, of course ? but just to let the others know I outraged I am by something they?ve said.

So thanks again for your concern JCman24. You?re the paragon of mental wellness to which we should all aspire.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
So... that Chinese Firewater is actually Chinese Firewater. After having it more times that I can recall - we'd be better off calling it jet fuel.

It's called Baijiu and is made from sorghum and is traditionally Chinese - there are other variants, but what Terry serves is Baijiu.

St. Peters definitely used it power and influence to force Terry into the sale... it wasnt on the up and up nor completely fair.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
It is a real thing that Terry was riffing off of... (click VOA link -- or google it)

http://www.voanews.com/content/china- ... -new-markets/1674359.html

Move Over Tequila, Here Comes Chinese Firewater

Reuters
June 03, 2013

CHENGDU, CHINA? Chinese baijiu, a flammable, pungent white liquor averaging a 110-proof wallop, is the world's most consumed form of liquor thanks to its popularity in China, but for the first time distillers are looking to develop export markets.

According to data from International Wine & Spirit Research, Chinese people drank over 11 billion liters of baijiu in 2012; the spirit, distilled from sorghum, wheat or rice, accounted for more than one-third of all spirits consumed in the world.

But as a new generation of Chinese drinkers discovers the imported spirits that were unavailable to their parents, baijiu risks losing that market share unless it creates new markets overseas.

"Baijiu hasn't been marketed to the West yet but I think it can be," said James Rice, managing director of Sichuan Swellfun Co. Ltd., a baijiu maker in Chengdu, western China, in which London-based beverage multinational Diageo has taken a sizeable stake.

"People are interested in China and here's a piece of Chinese culture that can go right to your dinner table."

The opportunity has also attracted small entrepreneurs like David Zhou, who founded Everest Spirits LLC in the Washington D.C. metro area to import a Chinese baijiu and rebrand it for sale locally.

"We really want to go for mainstream U.S. consumers and we do believe they can accept it."

But Rice, and other distillers, has to deal with a major challenge: baijiu tends to make a terrible first impression.

"I thought it tasted like paint-thinner and felt like a liquid lobotomy," said Michael Pareles, manager at the U.S. Meat Export Federation in Beijing. "However, like many other things in China, I eventually grew to like it."

Torsten Stocker, head of Greater China consumer practice at Monitor Group in Hong Kong, was skeptical about prospects for overseas expansion.

But he suggested the liquor could be better distributed to the swelling overseas Chinese community, which now depends on duty-free stores in airports to stay stocked.

Baijiu's punch makes it a tough sell in Western bar culture where people drink on an empty stomach. So does its fuel-like odor and its aftertaste. But the history of alcoholic beverages shows that nearly any taste can be acquired.

"Tequila has a very unusual flavor compared to more popular spirits," said Derek Sandhaus, industry consultant and author of a forthcoming book on baijiu appreciation.

"But through clever marketing, good cocktails, and good management, it's earned a place on the bar shelf. I see no reason why the world's most popular spirit can't do the same."

Making the adjustment

But an adjustment is still probably necessary.

Matt Trusch, a former China resident, founded a distillery called Byejoe USA that imports baijiu base from China, then re-filters it to make it more drinkable.

"We've made it much more palatable to American tastes."

Vinn Distilleries in Portland, Oregon, founded by a family of ethnic Chinese immigrants from Vietnam, is reproducing a generation-old baijiu recipe, and Vinn president Michelle Ly has marketed it ? in very small volumes ? to non-Chinese consumers.

Curiously enough, she said a group of investors had approached her with an idea to export her U.S.-made baijiu back to China, advertising it as a product of high quality control ? an issue domestic baijiu brands have struggled with.

Baijiu expert Sandhaus thinks the best avenue for developing drinkers overseas is to follow the model of Japanese sake and market baijiu as the alcohol to drink with Chinese food. But he added that there is no need for distillers to rush.

"It will still be a very long time before baijiu stops being a very lucrative business in China."

Posted on: 2016/4/1 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/4/1 12:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/4/1 12:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Well. Yes, I was referring to the concoction that Terry himself refers to as Chinese Fire Water.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

LOL How do you feel about Chinese, Mexican or Italian Food... like I said lighten up

Posted on: 2016/4/1 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/4/1 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/4/1 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

What? Seriously?

Posted on: 2016/3/31 23:04

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017