Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

I've known Dawn since well before she ever thought of entering city government.

What about when she was rapping as Mike D ?

Resized Image

Shhh, quiet about that. It's the secret rap bucks that allows her to not give a crap what anyone thinks, kinda like a rappin Hoboken Bloomberg.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I've known Dawn since well before she ever thought of entering city government.

What about when she was rapping as Mike D ?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/2/19 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
I would be interested to hear opinions on the Zimmer administration and general governance in Hoboken. Got any?

Hoboken recently voted to reject bike lanes while Jersey City is adding 15 more Citibike stations. There is big contrast between the two cities.

The bike thing is an anomaly, Hoboken was way ahead of JC on bike lanes. In fact, Dawn rarely drives and is usually on her bike.

I've known Dawn since well before she ever thought of entering city government. The big difference between her administration and Fulop's is that hers is ALL about a better Hoboken, and Fulop's is about self advancement and self promotion with a better JC merely the vehicle for that. It seems like many of the people he has gotten in bed with are all about themselves.

I supported and donated to Fulop from the time he 1st ran for Council, and while he's better than past Mayors, that's a low bar. The posturing and playing to interest groups is disappointing. Since Dawn has no interest in a long political career, she doesn't have to play these games, though the old guard in Hoboken still try to tar her, since they've never seen anyone not dirty.

Plus Dawn could probably beat Fulop in a triathlon, but doesn't flaunt it.
brewster, you hit the nail on the head regarding zimmer versus fulop. fulop is all about what's in it for his career.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 2:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
I would be interested to hear opinions on the Zimmer administration and general governance in Hoboken. Got any?

Hoboken recently voted to reject bike lanes while Jersey City is adding 15 more Citibike stations. There is big contrast between the two cities.

The bike thing is an anomaly, Hoboken was way ahead of JC on bike lanes. In fact, Dawn rarely drives and is usually on her bike.

I've known Dawn since well before she ever thought of entering city government. The big difference between her administration and Fulop's is that hers is ALL about a better Hoboken, and Fulop's is about self advancement and self promotion with a better JC merely the vehicle for that. It seems like many of the people he has gotten in bed with are all about themselves.

I supported and donated to Fulop from the time he 1st ran for Council, and while he's better than past Mayors, that's a low bar. The posturing and playing to interest groups is disappointing. Since Dawn has no interest in a long political career, she doesn't have to play these games, though the old guard in Hoboken still try to tar her, since they've never seen anyone not dirty.

Plus Dawn could probably beat Fulop in a triathlon, but doesn't flaunt it.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Fuck the bike thing. It was just one example.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

There is another thread on the Hoboken bike issue and you are greatly oversimplifying the facts.

There may be other differences between our cities, but the bike thing is a pretty silly reason to start a new thread.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:

Well, she listened to the majority stakeholders, and the council listened to the residents. The pro-bike people are very vocal, but not a big group overall in comparison. Zimmer went where the votes are I'd say.

Posted on: 2016/2/19 0:36

Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/2/19 0:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017