Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: No Fee Duplex 2BR/1.5BA with W+D and Big Yard in Downtown Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
That bath ceiling sure as hell looks better than a fiberboard drop ceiling to me, can't be destroyed by a kid splashing in the tub of the unit above, allows access to the tub plumbing of the the unit above, and it was $2.00/ft. The fiberboard had been destroyed again and again by the family of 6 on the 3rd floor. I sure wasn't going to put up sheetrock!

Plastic "tin ceiling" http://wishihadthat.com/CT-1043-White-2.aspx

Wait.... you have a drop ceiling in the bathroom? Man, haven't seen one of those in I dunno how long

Guess you only live in classy places, welcome to Gentrification Landlording 101. At one point the 2nd floor was vacant and the 1st floor tenant call and says it's raining in their bathroom. I go up there to the 3rd floor asking what the hell is going on! I get: "What are you talking about, MY kids would never flood the bathroom floor!". At that point I replaced the 1st floor's destroyed bath ceiling panels with fake tin. Thank God those tenants left, another fun story.

Drop ceilings were popular with slumlords in all rooms because it was cheaper than fixing the leaky roof and destroyed plaster.

Posted on: 2016/1/22 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
That bath ceiling sure as hell looks better than a fiberboard drop ceiling to me, can't be destroyed by a kid splashing in the tub of the unit above, allows access to the tub plumbing of the the unit above, and it was $2.00/ft. The fiberboard had been destroyed again and again by the family of 6 on the 3rd floor. I sure wasn't going to put up sheetrock!

Wait.... you have a drop ceiling in the bathroom? Man, haven't seen one of those in I dunno how long

Posted on: 2016/1/22 10:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Is that Morris Street apartment really available at that price? Seems to good to be true to me.

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

corybraiterman: That bath ceiling sure as hell looks better than a fiberboard drop ceiling to me, can't be destroyed by a kid splashing in the tub of the unit above, allows access to the tub plumbing of the the unit above, and it was $2.00/ft. The fiberboard had been destroyed again and again by the family of 6 on the 3rd floor. I sure wasn't going to put up sheetrock!

so true *high five*

Posted on: 2016/1/21 17:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
These are also on your photobucket page... are they your properties too?

Yes, that's a unit that I had to rent more or less "as is" shortly after I purchased the building while I renovated an uninhabitable unit, that one bath photo is from. You gotta do what you gotta do.

corybraiterman: That bath ceiling sure as hell looks better than a fiberboard drop ceiling to me, can't be destroyed by a kid splashing in the tub of the unit above, allows access to the tub plumbing of the the unit above, and it was $2.00/ft. The fiberboard had been destroyed again and again by the family of 6 on the 3rd floor. I sure wasn't going to put up sheetrock!

Posted on: 2016/1/21 17:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
mmmmm....cookin' up a lil computer there?

Posted on: 2016/1/21 16:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
seems expensive, you can get 2BRs in Gotham for $3100, 18 Park, 225 Grand & Grove Pointe for $3200

Or

http://www.apartments.com/138-morris-st-jersey-city-nj/xq8m8jq/

Posted on: 2016/1/21 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Likewise, based on those pictures, this was a cheap renovation (cheap cabinets, appliances, etc) and for that kind of money (or, a bit more) you can get a much better unit in a modern building with better amenities and much better finishes.

Finally took a look to see what the subject actually was. Yeah, cheap kitchen reno. I've been upgrading from that kitchen in units that rent for half the price. Never mind the white appliances, no microwave/hood? No granite or even a tile backsplash? Not even a pullout faucet? Undercab lighting is dirt cheap these days.

I also hate the trendy gray walls. I paint all my rental walls a cheery yellowish off-white, a stock Moore color called Navajo White.

Don't even get me started on the cheap bathroom, here's the bath in one of my $1750 heights units. It probably barely cost more, just took some caring what it looked like. I f**king hate those "cultured marble" vanity tops.

Resized Image

These are also on your photobucket page... are they your properties too?

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/1/21 4:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
There's a hood over the stove, but not an OTR microwave, just one of the cheap $40 range hoods. That said, yes, it all looks very cheap. I hate that purple color in the bedroom/den, but i'm a guy, so maybe it's meant for a woman (or just a dude with very different taste than me. shrug). btw, that fake tin ceiling in your bathroom also looks awful to me, but shrug, you're the one that spent like $8 a sq foot on them :D

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Likewise, based on those pictures, this was a cheap renovation (cheap cabinets, appliances, etc) and for that kind of money (or, a bit more) you can get a much better unit in a modern building with better amenities and much better finishes.

Finally took a look to see what the subject actually was. Yeah, cheap kitchen reno. I've been upgrading from that kitchen in units that rent for half the price. Never mind the white appliances, no microwave/hood? No granite or even a tile backsplash? Not even a pullout faucet? Undercab lighting is dirt cheap these days.

I also hate the trendy gray walls. I paint all my rental walls a cheery yellowish off-white, a stock Moore color called Navajo White.

Don't even get me started on the cheap bathroom, here's the bath in one of my $1750 heights units. It probably barely cost more, just took some caring what it looked like. I f**king hate those "cultured marble" vanity tops.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/1/21 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
give the guy/gal a break.

Personally I can't afford $3,000, and if I did I'd want better kitchen floors and a newer bathroom (and not on that street), BUT, someone else may not have those criteria and if they can get the rent, don't hate.

I think some "hating" may be warranted because the guy didn't pay for an ad like everyone else.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/14 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Advertisement on the PATH tonight: one beds in Cast Iron Lofts II in no man's land/ The Taint START at $2,450 a month.

Two beds with yard in Van Vorst Park for $3,000 seems like a steal by comparison.

There is literally nothing to compare between the two; not that I'd want to live in the building because the neighborhood is non-existent, I will say that when you forget about the neighborhood, Cast Iron Lofts is a full-service property with tons of amenities, brand new construction, modern open layouts, and concrete between floors (great sound insulation), and a leasing team that isn't emotionally involved in the property. No comparison at all with a renovated, wood frame construction row house that requires you to deal directly with a landlord who you'd have a personal relationship with (often not a good thing).

Posted on: 2016/1/21 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/1/21 1:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
give the guy/gal a break.

If they can get $3,000, more power to them. From the responses on here, it seems they might.

Personally I can't afford $3,000, and if I did I'd want better kitchen floors and a newer bathroom (and not on that street), BUT, someone else may not have those criteria and if they can get the rent, don't hate.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
1140 square feet - it's in the Craigslist listing.

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
I walk by that place several times a week. That block was hit hard by Sandy. If the lower level of the unit is above ground level, then it should be fine. Can't really say whether that rent is high or not without knowing the square footage. One thing to consider, though, when renting on that block: there's a large construction site right now where the parking lot was.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Wow, I'm jealous of the pricing critique they're getting here! I'd love to see it for my rentals. Webmaster must be on vacation, he usually deletes these ads.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Advertisement on the PATH tonight: one beds in Cast Iron Lofts II in no man's land/ The Taint START at $2,450 a month.

Two beds with yard in Van Vorst Park for $3,000 seems like a steal by comparison.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Agreed - it's a steal.

Duplex, yard, w&d, relatively modern, owner occupied (which some see as a neg... but I have always seen as a positive). Think about the fact that two people could easily live in this space and split the rent at 1500 pp... that's cheap.

Quote:

jcgirl wrote:
That sounds cheap to me too! They will have no problem renting it.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
I'm convinced people just post stuff like this on here to troll the same handful of posters who cannot resist a chance to provide their unsolicited opinion even though no one asked for it. I can't wait to read the inevitable twenty responses to this listing about all the hypothetical apartments that are better and cheaper than this one.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
Doesn't sound expensive to me, I was actually thinking it sounded cheap, but you got to allow for the tenants paying their own heat which can easy average $200 a month over the year.

What is 'sad' about the large grassy yard? Sounds lovely. Back yards a are a big draw for people with dogs.

Robin.

If you take a look at the pictures attached to the listing you would see that it IS sad looking. It may sound lovely, but it definitely does not look that way.

All the rooms look narrow and claustrophobic, for that price you can also find a place with light and views and 2 full baths.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Doesn't sound expensive to me, I was actually thinking it sounded cheap, but you got to allow for the tenants paying their own heat which can easy average $200 a month over the year.

What is 'sad' about the large grassy yard? Sounds lovely. Back yards a are a big draw for people with dogs.

Robin.

If you take a look at the pictures attached to the listing you would see that it IS sad looking. It may sound lovely, but it definitely does not look that way.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 18:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
That sounds cheap to me too! They will have no problem renting it.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 18:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Sad yard, big rent and the map shows it at Bright and Barrow which had HOW MANY FEET of water during Sandy? At least this unit is the upper 2 floors, but I'd bet that place floods regularly...

Posted on: 2016/1/20 18:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/12 19:50
Group:
Registered Users
The "large grassy yard" is real sad.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 17:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
the rent is too damn high

Posted on: 2016/1/20 17:41

No Fee Duplex 2BR/1.5BA with W+D and Big Yard in Downtown Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/27 22:29
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Just listed. Will not last.

Duplex 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom apartment in a charming, well-maintained row house in the Van Vorst Park area of Downtown Jersey City. Unit comes fully furnished (as seen in the photographs) but can be delivered empty for the right tenant.

Features:
- "Owner's Unit": Top two floors of the house
- Lower Level: open layout living room, eat-in-kitchen, half bath and ample amounts of storage
- Upper Level: full bathroom with tub and shower, master bedroom with his and hers closet and a bonus office or nursery off of it, second bedroom ample closets
- Recently updated dishwasher (not shown in pictures)
- Large windows throughout allowing in plenty of natural light
- Central A/C and gas heat
- Washer and dryer in unit
- Private entrance
- Large grassy yard with grill and outdoor furnishing
- Historic details including original molding and original wide pine plank hardwood floors

- Only 1 block from Van Vorst Park featuring farmer's markets every Saturday
- Short walk to Grove PATH and Jersey Avenue Light Rail
- Some of the best restaurants and shopping in Jersey City are only a few blocks from the house

Rent:
$3,000/month.
Utilities not included: tenant pays for electricity, gas and heat.

Available Date:
March 1, 2016 or March 15, 2016

Security Deposit:
1 month rent to be provided at time of signing lease.

Additional Information:
- One year lease. Shorter term is possible, please inquire.
- No brokers fee.
- Credit check / background check required, paid for by applicant.
- One month rent required at time of signing lease.
- Non-smoking building.
- Pets considered.

More information and photographs available here: http://newjersey.craigslist.org/apa/5411356888.html

Posted on: 2016/1/20 16:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017