Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
60 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 59

JerseyCityNj, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Greenville real estate on the rise.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The median home value in 07305 is $306,800. 07305 home values have gone up 31.3% over the past year and Zillow predicts they will rise 16.9% within the next year. The median list price per square foot in 07305 is $256, which is lower than the Jersey City average of $564. The median price of homes currently listed in 07305 is $357,400. The median rent price in 07305 is $1,850, which is lower than the Jersey City median of $2,100.

https://www.zillow.com/Jersey%20City-N ... etreport-followtrendslink

Posted on: 6/22 9:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Nice to see the bigot brigade out in force..

Posted on: 2016/1/21 20:23
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone else see the Cosmic Humor in the fact that Greenville has a built-in Ocean Avenue running through it ? [like the one in Brooklyn which is currently mainly populated w/ Hasidim Jewish families]

Posted on: 2016/1/21 19:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
It will be interesting to watch as the Jews take over and leave
all the other minorities out in the cold. The politicians won't
know which side to take and will be sent packing unless they
pander to the newest members of the community. I am going
to grab a big bag of popcorn and watch this unfold.
why do you say that the jews "will leave all other minorities out in the cold"? i would think new blood in the neighborhood would help the area

The Jews, historically, and currently, probably are one of the most philanthropic and socially conscious groups out there. For example, the Civil Rights enactment was heavily influenced by Jews and Jewish groups.

Only in the initial stages, after which the Black Panthers required them to leave out, because they were the Wrong Colour ... which diminished the Panther message !

Posted on: 2016/1/21 14:16
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:
The Jews, historically, and currently, probably are one of the most philanthropic and socially conscious groups out there. For example, the Civil Rights enactment was heavily influenced by Jews and Jewish groups.

That was the liberal secular NY Jews, not the Hasidim. Typically they don't give a crap about anything outside their group, unless it can benefit them like income support or social services. In Israel they vote solely on the basis of who promises them more goodies.

The previous poster did not distinguish about what type he was referring to. I don't disagree with most of your response, but the truth is that most people don't give a crap about anything outside of their group.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 12:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BobNesta wrote:

That was the liberal secular NY Jews, not the Hasidim. Typically they don't give a crap about anything outside their group, unless it can benefit them like income support or social services. In Israel they vote solely on the basis of who promises them more goodies.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 12:03
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:
why do you say that the jews "will leave all other minorities out in the cold"? i would think new blood in the neighborhood would help the area

Posted on: 2016/1/20 10:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

buddyboy wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/20 9:08
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I forgot to add that the Hasidic Jews have a very large population
in South Jersey (Lakewood) and maybe this is Fulop's way to
get a lot of votes in that neck of the woods.

Posted on: 2016/1/20 4:15
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/20 4:11
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
This was part of the bus tour the city had several years ago. Hasids Jews were invited to tour parts of JC. A downtown neighbor watched as Hasids Jews people entered the bus in front of city hall.

As our lord and savior Jesus was as well.

Posted on: 2016/1/18 16:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
This was part of the bus tour the city had several years ago. Hasids Jews were invited to tour parts of JC. A downtown neighbor watched as Hasids Jews people entered the bus in front of city hall.

Posted on: 2016/1/18 12:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

RebeccaS wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
This was the Jewish area of Jersey City way back when but the Hasids are just doing buy and holds until the bulk of the schvartze leave.

Typical--you can't even spell transliterated Yiddish properly.

Why u hatin' ?

H8TR
i doubt the hassidim are buying expecting the blacks to move; after all, look at crown heights

Posted on: 2016/1/18 12:40
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RebeccaS wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
This was the Jewish area of Jersey City way back when but the Hasids are just doing buy and holds until the bulk of the schvartze leave.

Why u hatin' ?

H8TR

Posted on: 2016/1/17 22:01
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/17 21:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/17 15:00
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Bergen-Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

PDubs wrote:
I'm a realtor downtown and from what I've seen in my office is that the Hasidic Jews are coming from Brooklyn and snapping up properties in Greenville.

OMG, they're going to sell everything in Borough Park, making a killing, and move en mass to Greenville! Finally, we'll have a real kosher deli!

I hope they don't try to do what was done in upstate NY a few years ago. A group of Hasidic Jews bought homes in a small town and to declared their homes houses of worship taking their properties off the tax rolls. This increased the tax burden on the other residents of the town.
i wonder if society should be subsidizing religion; i can see where religious organizations that provide some benefit to society (education, charity care) deserve a subsidy, but a congregation of 5 or 10?

Wow. I hope a bunch of people who've "heard" somebody say something to someone else don't get all anti-Semitic because a couple of families who are less than 6% of the New Jersey population are moving in. Soon, we'll be hearing stories about "the Jews" again, just like we used to hear stories about "the blacks." Nice.

Posted on: 2016/1/17 12:39
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

PDubs wrote:
I'm a realtor downtown and from what I've seen in my office is that the Hasidic Jews are coming from Brooklyn and snapping up properties in Greenville.

OMG, they're going to sell everything in Borough Park, making a killing, and move en mass to Greenville! Finally, we'll have a real kosher deli!

I hope they don't try to do what was done in upstate NY a few years ago. A group of Hasidic Jews bought homes in a small town and to declared their homes houses of worship taking their properties off the tax rolls. This increased the tax burden on the other residents of the town.

Shouldn't that just work like the home office deduction instead of "no tax!"?

See the paragraph Welfare burden and Tax Faud.

http://www.debrapasquella.com/2007/07 ... ng-hasidic-community.html

Posted on: 2016/1/17 7:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

PDubs wrote:

Shouldn't that just work like the home office deduction instead of "no tax!"?

Posted on: 2016/1/16 13:18
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

PDubs wrote:

i wonder if society should be subsidizing religion; i can see where religious organizations that provide some benefit to society (education, charity care) deserve a subsidy, but a congregation of 5 or 10?

Posted on: 2016/1/16 12:33
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

PDubs wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/16 10:22
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PDubs wrote:

I am a resident of Greenville and in the last two years 3 Hasidc families have become neighbors in the Bayside Park area. Most are choosing to live around the the Richard street and Danforth light rail stations... and also near the cemetery which I thought was odd. They are also looking to open a Synagogue on MLK..

I posted this because when I purchased in GV a few years back it was in the negative for many years and for the first time since I have lived here prices are moving upward. This is good news for Greenville and Jersey City.

Posted on: 2016/1/16 9:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PDubs wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/15 23:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
The most beautiful houses in town are in Greenville. Once you no longer risk being killed for walking down the street in broad daylight, it's going to be a pretty nice place.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 22:47
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From DT
Group:
Registered Users
I've seen an uptick of Hasidim is the area. Are they living there or buying as investment?

Posted on: 2016/1/15 21:52
Print Top

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
From 07302
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/15 20:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Also, the growth in Greenville are even less impressive when you consider that their prices were low to begin with

Yup. As Brewster said, it's about perspective and context.

Using Zillows numbers, here's how it breaks out for buying right now in Greenville vs. DTJC "for the next year ahead".

GV: Average house: $227,500. Put 20% down ($45,500) and finance the rest, then get a 2% gain in the average price and you're up $4,500 for the year, or a 10% ROE

DT: Average $621,000, 20% down = $124,200 and a 5.6% projected rise in prices = a gain of $34,776, or a 28% ROE

These are simple gross numbers without income or property tax considerations or anything else, but the numbers are pretty clear.

From the perspective standpoint, I bought properties DT starting in 1986. It was still pretty rough, and by that I mean gunshots in the night, house broken into and robbed and car stolen. But a 4-story house cost less than a 1-bedroom co-op in Manhattan and my annual property taxes were about $900/yr. Several Real Estate agents were telling me that the JSQ area was about to become REALLY hot and I should look up there. That was 30 years ago and it looks like it's just recently started to happen with projected gains of twice that of Downtown for the year ahead...

Posted on: 2016/1/14 17:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Downtown 07302: 10.7% 1-year change
JSQ 07306: 14.0% 1-year change
Heights 07307: 15.4% 1-year change

You forgot two,

Bergen-Lafayette: 11.6% 1-year change
West Side: 11.1% 1-year change

So basically from this data you can infer that Greenville is lowering Jersey City's overall % change.

Interestingly it shows JC overall at 14%, but I can only find MCGinley Sq @17.9% being significantly higher than that. You'd think you'd need more weight at the top to counteract Greenville at the bottom. I'd dearly love to see a color coded map of JC showing varying appreciation rates. Or of the metro area for that matter.

Posted on: 2016/1/14 17:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Also, the growth in Greenville are even less impressive when you consider that their prices were low to begin with

Posted on: 2016/1/14 16:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Downtown 07302: 10.7% 1-year change
JSQ 07306: 14.0% 1-year change
Heights 07307: 15.4% 1-year change

You forgot two,

Bergen-Lafayette: 11.6% 1-year change
West Side: 11.1% 1-year change

So basically from this data you can infer that Greenville is lowering Jersey City's overall % change.

Posted on: 2016/1/14 15:52
Print Top

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017