Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
158 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Where to Buy Spanish Turron in Jersey City???
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
They sell it at CTown at 885 Bergen Avenue. I can't recall seeing it specifically this week, but I have seen it there regularly.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 22:20

Re: Where to Buy Spanish Turron in Jersey City???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

teacherinjc wrote:
Has anyone seen Spanish Turron in Jersey City in the last few weeks??? If I remember correctly, in years past one of the grocery stores in downtown had it....maybe it was Shop Rite???? I think the brand I bought before was Sanchis Mira here in JC.

I know I can get it at Despana in the city, but it is super expensive there, and I don't want to wait for it to be delivered :)

Thanks.

That's a fairly "commercial" brand that usually gets wide distribution, even here in the States. Turron is super popular in Hispanic homes throughout the holiday season, so you would likely find it in any market that caters to that clientele. I would suggest looking in La Conga and then Shoprite. I know of other places, but not in town. Other brands that have wide distribution include El Almendro and there is another one whose name escapes me at the moment, but which comes in a black box. Any of those should be easy to find, and fairly cheap.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 21:23

Where to Buy Spanish Turron in Jersey City???
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/11 17:26
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone seen Spanish Turron in Jersey City in the last few weeks??? If I remember correctly, in years past one of the grocery stores in downtown had it....maybe it was Shop Rite???? I think the brand I bought before was Sanchis Mira here in JC.

I know I can get it at Despana in the city, but it is super expensive there, and I don't want to wait for it to be delivered :)

Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/12/15 20:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017