Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: The Washington Post: Dept. of Transportation offers $40M prize to most innovative mid-sized city
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
This is true, especially in major commuter arteries like Sip Aveneue, Newark Avenue, Columbus and Grand. Double parking, and lack of enforcement of no stop zones is non-existent.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 17:03

Re: The Washington Post: Dept. of Transportation offers $40M prize to most innovative mid-sized city
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Its hard to see if anything would work in this city as the police and parking authority don't enforce anything on the books. This definitely has compounded traffic congestion.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to see a technology solution that integrates our and (NYC's) various public transportation modes. Last night I used the MTA subway, PATH, a Citibike and a NJT bus. Okay, it was an unusual evening, but I was struck by:
A. How fortunate we are to have access to public transit as compared to other mid-sized cities, and
B. How there was almost no coordination among these different agencies. It was kind of blind luck that everything worked as well as it did.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
The PATH trains i find pretty reliable. I use the railbandit app. As for the buses, i don't take NJ buses but on each stop sign there is a phone number to call to let you know the next bus... has anyone tried it? How reliable?

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
It would be great if someone created an app that told you the GPS location of the next train or bus that you want to take so that you wouldn't have to worry about standing in the cold for half an hour. This would improve ridership as you would know when to go and wait for the bus and be a good selling point for this competition.

It already exist! It's called Transit. Really.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/transi ... -tracker/id498151501?mt=8

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:43

Edited by JCGuys on 2015/12/8 17:00:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
It would be great if someone created an app that told you the GPS location of the next train or bus that you want to take so that you wouldn't have to worry about standing in the cold for half an hour. This would improve ridership as you would know when to go and wait for the bus and be a good selling point for this competition.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:26
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Places that have cluster developments: Society Hill, Country Village, and Porte Liberte should have a lite rail spur. Those areas are isolated and residents need cars. More than that, cities do not function when it snows. JC does not have a municipal subway, so snow has a negative impact on mid-size cities. JC needs restrictions from EPA on where to place the snow. Former Mayor Tommy Smith clear the streets quickly because he pushed the snow in the Hudson River.
If we really want to address traffic, then school buses must also be addressed. Everyone notices the difference between summer and the rest of the year when school buses are on the road.
Also, Mayor Fulop have a happy holiday.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 16:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/10 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
Turn downtown Jersey City into a modern day Venice by converting many of its streets to canals. It will be a Jersey City, Make It Yours ? tourist delight.

It will solve problems with flooding, aging sewers and sewage overflow, motor vehicle traffic and noise, pedestrian safety, cut down on the City's CO2 emissions, and reduce its municipal expenditures for repaving streets and to pay for Parking Enforcement staff.

While you are at it, you can convert the Citibikes to paddle boat bikes.

Like many of the Mayor's past initiatives, this will be a "proactive" approach to provide a waterway outlet to mollify rising sea levels.

It will also provide the Iron Man Mayor another photo-op, to be the first to swim Jersey City's canals (before Dancing Tony does).

Posted on: 2015/12/8 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Thanks for posting that, Mayor Fulop. There's a great base of talent in Jersey City that could contribute to an integrated submission. Have you contacted the ladies that run the TedX here? They actively interact with a very large talent pool in town.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 15:47

The Washington Post: Dept. of Transportation offers $40M prize to most innovative mid-sized city
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/27 19:46
Group:
Registered Users
The DOT has opened this competition and I figured best to solicit ideas via multiple sources. Knowing that I will get some great ideas and some sarcastic suggestions here I figured this was a decent place to post it.

Wishing you all a Happy Holidays - Even my long time friends Yvonne and Monroe.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/t ... 8-1af6af208198_story.html

Posted on: 2015/12/8 15:27

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017