Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 20 »

Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/8 1:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
And then there is your self proclaimed unbiased view of the world... just saying stuff with no basis of fact. There has been no rise in PP attacks by Christians... the last whacko in Denver was not a Christian or affiliated with any such group, despite the best attempts by news media to make links. And I am willing to bet that the number of Muslim murder victims attending holiday parties, concerts, riding planes, dining at cafes, attending marathons, being decapitated in their workplace far exceed the number of people murdered at PP Offices.

Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Just to review, this thread has come to two groups

1) Those with at least half of a working brain that know Trump was lying when he made the statement.

2) Bigots.

I'm glad the bigots keep claiming the Christians never cause violence (nevermind the rise in abortion clinic attacks that are conveniently glossed over). I'm also glad that the bigots believe that a background check on an immigrant spouse is equal to that of a refugee to demonstrate their sheer lack of depth in knowledge regarding how different people are handled.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 23:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering U.S.:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first ... =tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

Let's vote for TRUMP to chair the UN Human Rights Commission !!!

Posted on: 2015/12/7 23:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Obama previously described the Muslim call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.?

With someone like that in charge, can you really be surprised by what's going on?

Don't for one minute think my remark is racist or against human rights !!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2015/12/7 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Planned Parenthood was busted for selling baby parts, then denied it, then decided to stop doing it. Oopsie.

Bullshit. Repeating the same stupid and vile lie doesn't make it any more true. I suppose if you believe the deceptively edited videos designed to smear Planned Parenthood, you would also believe a rodeo clown like Trump.

Then why did PP decide to stop selling baby bits? Oopsie

link?

Or do you actually believe everything you read on the interwebz? (if it fits your worldview, of course)

Posted on: 2015/12/7 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Planned Parenthood was busted for selling baby parts, then denied it, then decided to stop doing it. Oopsie.

Bullshit. Repeating the same stupid and vile lie doesn't make it any more true. I suppose if you believe the deceptively edited videos designed to smear Planned Parenthood, you would also believe a rodeo clown like Trump.

Then why did PP decide to stop selling baby bits? Oopsie

Posted on: 2015/12/7 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Confirms him as a lying toadie of his team though.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Obama previously described the Muslim call to prayer as "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.?

With someone like that in charge, can you really be surprised by what's going on?

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first ... uslims-from-entering-u-s/

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering U.S.:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first ... =tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Yvonne, that's the equivalent of the blood libel against the Jews, and is part of the hate and spin machine that makes the nuts go hunting at PP.

You should be ashamed for that shitty lie, you good for nothing liar.

Snopes would like to have a word with you Captain Gullible

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Trump = Pile of Crap

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/7 21:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
Yvonne, that's the equivalent of the blood libel against the Jews, and is part of the hate and spin machine that makes the nuts go hunting at PP.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2015/12/7 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

1) Those with at least half of a working brain that know Trump was lying when he made the statement.

2) Bigots.

I'm glad the bigots keep claiming the Christians never cause violence (nevermind the rise in abortion clinic attacks that are conveniently glossed over). I'm also glad that the bigots believe that a background check on an immigrant spouse is equal to that of a refugee to demonstrate their sheer lack of depth in knowledge regarding how different people are handled.

It figures a person like you would defend the Planned Parenthood, yes, killing is wrong. But please tell that to Planned Parenthood, where they make a living selling body parts.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

2) Bigots.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 18:32
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

When you review history, you must understand the source, for the US it is western civilization written through the lens of the Protestant Reformers who were anti-papist during the middle ages.

OK, Yvonne, except that the Protestant Reformation began after the Middle Ages notionally ended. Your rosy spin on the Crusades is also amusing.

The printing press was invented in the 15th century, basically, when more history was recorded around the time of the Protestant Reformation. Before that everyone was hand copied.

K

thx Yvonne

Posted on: 2015/12/7 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

When you review history, you must understand the source, for the US it is western civilization written through the lens of the Protestant Reformers who were anti-papist during the middle ages.

OK, Yvonne, except that the Protestant Reformation began after the Middle Ages notionally ended. Your rosy spin on the Crusades is also amusing.

The printing press was invented in the 15th century, basically, when more history was recorded around the time of the Protestant Reformation. Before that everyone was hand copied.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 17:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/7 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is officially dead..

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/12/7 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

VanVorster wrote:
Yvonne, have you been living under a rock? Not even addressing the Crusades, but surely you are aware of the violence perpetuated by Christians in foisting their faith on others to justify the subjugation of indigenous people and slaves? It's not pretty but rather quite ugly so please spare us your vilification of others who don't subscribe to your faith.

When you review history, you must understand the source, for the US it is western civilization written through the lens of the Protestant Reformers who were anti-papist during the middle ages. This is evident with the Crusades; a large portion is left out. What is missing the tale of pilgrims who went to the Holy Lands on pilgrims as a form of penance. More writers are now including this material the slaughter of pilgrims. I am not saying bad things did not occur, it is part of human nature. Here is something from Thomas Madden. https://www.ewtn.com/library/CHISTORY/ZCRSADES.HTM

Posted on: 2015/12/7 15:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
[quote]

I'd love to see if you were this obsessed over Hillary's many, many lies. Somehow I doubt it.

So lame and predictable. I am only surprised that you didn't mention Benghazi. The Republican clown circus has wasted many millions of dollars on their anti-Hillary witchhunt. And no doubt more waste is yet to come.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Um, I said not even addressing that (because someone else did), Christianity which founded the Americas (post 1492) killed untold numbers of indigenous people (millions in fact), justified slavery and its horrors for centuries (which also killed millions), then these same so-called Christian hearts lynched black people in the form of the KKK and just in general hateful people up until the 1960s; and then present day we went into an ill-advised war on false information/pretenses and killed anywhere from 165,000 to 500,000 civilian Iraqis post 9/11. Our killings are just more stealth, quick and detached (drones, bombs) and not as visceral as beheadings. So just save your spiel about Sharia law coming here and thinly veiled moral superiority. No one has clean hands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

Posted on: 2015/12/7 4:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
why are you people keep bringing up a thousand old crusade
. Isn't it Yvonne who brought up the topic of history?

Posted on: 2015/12/7 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
why are you people keep bringing up a thousand old crusade on Christians NOW when all I see it's muslim terrorists who have been beheading, bombing, massacring the West in modern times and most recently in San Bernardino. Unreal.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne, have you been living under a rock? Not even addressing the Crusades, but surely you are aware of the violence perpetuated by Christians in foisting their faith on others to justify the subjugation of indigenous people and slaves? It's not pretty but rather quite ugly so please spare us your vilification of others who don't subscribe to your faith.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Am I the only one that is noting how this thread is be hijacked and taken away from the subject / topic when Trump's rant is brought into question!

All we need is some 'brown shirts' to complete the picture!

Posted on: 2015/12/7 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, and I forgot to mention how Christians relied on their theology to justify the invasion and enslavement of Central and South America, as well as Sub-Saharan Africa. Most of the conversions to Christianity in those areas involved just as much force as did the spread of Islam.

And of course, Christian theology was invoked on both sides of the American slavery and segregation debates.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 1:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you know history, then you will know at its beginning Islam was spread by the sword....

If you know history, then you know that Christians spent the better part of the past 2000 years killing each other, constantly requesting the favor of the Christian deity, classifying the victor in violent conflict as receiving said favor, attacking non-Christians (including largely unprovoked repeated invasions of the Levant), occasionally slaughtering large numbers of Jews on trivial grounds, and setting aside a little time to kill each other because of sectarian differences. In the 20th Century, Christians laughed two massive wars largely against one another, with a genocide thrown in for good measure.

And yet, for some strange reason Christians today don't think violence is endemic to Christianity. Hmmmmm.

Quote:
Did those countries invade the Middle East, the answer is no?

Uh, hello?!? The answer is YES. Europeans invaded and colonized pretty much all of Africa and the Middle East.

France: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, parts of Egypt, Lebanon, Yemen
England: Egypt, parts of the Arabian peninsula, Jordan, Iraq, parts of Iran (split with Russia)

Quote:
I still remember the Saudi king offering bin Laden to President Clinton in the late 1990s.

Yeah, you pretty much got that one backwards.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/01/clin ... sed-on-killing-bin-laden/

Quote:
France did nothing to Islam except not being a Islamic country.

France held its boot on the back of the necks of its colonial properties for as long as possible. Its treatment of the locals in Algeria was particularly brutal, until they finally had to give up.

France is not inactive in this conflict in recent years, either. They were bombing ISIL before the recent attacks.

Quote:
Stop blaming western civilization for this problem.

Start blaming the West for a fairly big chunk of this problem.

The reality is that European colonization and attacks shattered the existing political structures of the Muslim world. European, American and Soviet powers also constantly interfered with Muslim nations, including frequently supporting brutal authoritarian regimes. E.g. one reason why Iranians hate Americans is because they supported the Shah, even after he was deposed. Since you seem to like history so much, I suggest you read up a bit on how awful he was to and for the Iranian public.

In nations where political discourse was basically outlawed and religion permitted (and often co-opted by the authoritarian powers), religion is the language used by insurgents to whip up the resistance.

Plus, ISIL is not attacking European targets as its primary purpose. Their goal is to form a caliphate based in the Levant, and they are failing because of European and American attacks. Terrorism is the method of the weak, and they are increasingly weakening. Their main purpose is to encourage recruits, and to turn the West against Muslims as a wedge, to drive Muslims towards more extremist positions.

So thanks, but no thanks, for the terrible history lessons and stunningly wrong contemporary political analysis.

Posted on: 2015/12/7 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Lima17 wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
[quote]
If you know history, then you will know at its beginning Islam was spread by the sword. Northern Africa had a large Christian community. Several popes were from there as well as St. Augustine. It also spread into Spain, Portugal, and southern Italy. There were many battles to throw it out of Europe. Did those countries invade the Middle East, the answer is no? I still remember the Saudi king offering bin Laden to President Clinton in the late 1990s. But Clinton turned down his capture. As extreme as Saudis are, bin Laden was even more extreme. France did nothing to Islam except not being a Islamic country. Stop blaming western civilization for this problem.

And Christianity has not been spread by the sword???

Five minute history:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_To-cV94Bo

Posted on: 2015/12/7 1:45

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact