Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Sign the Petition to Preserve Downtown Resident Parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Update: Tonight the city council defeated the parking ordinance.

They did this because legal accidentally included all of zone 2 in this ordinance. Zone 2 is a massive zone that stretches from the south of the Beacon, over and then over by McGinley Square, all around Journal Square including Marion and the Hilltop neighborhoods, and then all the way up into the Heights. Upon notification of this error from resident groups, the Council President and Councilwoman Osborne opted to vote it down so that they could revise it and take this zone out, and keep it focused on downtown only as was the original intent. It will be coming back with this edit made. It's not dead yet for those who want to know

It doesn't surprise me that they don't know how the zoning works.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

The petition owner claims his petition got this voted down. But I can tell you for certain, that while I don't know how the petition was received or if it will be considered, that is NOT why the council voted this down last night. They plan to rework it and bring it back to the agenda very soon.

This is because the petition owner is the owner of Two Boots, aka THE snake oil salesman of Jersey City. You can't believe a word the guy says.

I wasn't making any comments on the petition starter as to whether or not I agree with his petition, just sharing facts with the public since I was one of the neighborhood leaders to catch this large error and sound the alarms with the Council yesterday afternoon which led to them voting this down. But I don't want anyone falsely taking credit as this petition owner is for the outcome of the vote either.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 17:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:

The petition owner claims his petition got this voted down. But I can tell you for certain, that while I don't know how the petition was received or if it will be considered, that is NOT why the council voted this down last night. They plan to rework it and bring it back to the agenda very soon.

This is because the petition owner is the owner of Two Boots, aka THE snake oil salesman of Jersey City. You can't believe a word the guy says.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:

Interesting take Aaron, as those in the know are unanimously stating it was intentionally voted down to be revised and voted on again.

But you're still the guy who pushed out food trucks (which JC residents enjoy) for your own selfish business interests in Two Boots Pizza.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Hi,

Some of you may already know that Councilwoman Osborne has submitted for City Council approval, a plan to extend free, non- resident parking from two to three hours in the Downtown. This plan will not only turn the Downtown into a massive "park and ride" lot where out-of-towners park and hop on the PATH train to shop and dine in Manhattan (three hours is plenty of time), but will reduce parking space turnover, meaning spots will open up less often for residents. The plan defies common sense and everything we know about curb-side parking. (See Shoup, The High Cost of Fee Parking).

The zones were 4 hour parking in many zones up until about 2007 when the last of those signs around Hamilton Park were replaced with 2 hour zones.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if anyone from the public spoke in favor or against it (I was unable to attend, but heard it was a very short and quiet meeting so I'm guess not, or not very many). But the plan per the Council President going into the meeting was to vote it down so they could correct the massive error of accidentally including the massive, non-downtown Zone 2. I know this because I was one of the Association leaders that sounded the alarms on this error of including Zone 2.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
Quote:

AMo wrote:

They did this because legal accidentally included all of zone 2 in this ordinance. Zone 2 is a massive zone that stretches from the south of the Beacon, over and then over by McGinley Square, all around Journal Square including Marion and the Hilltop neighborhoods, and then all the way up into the Heights. Upon notification of this error from resident groups, the Council President and Councilwoman Osborne opted to vote it down so that they could revise it and take this zone out, and keep it focused on downtown only as was the original intent. It will be coming back with this edit made. It's not dead yet for those who want to know

Thanks for this clarification.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 1:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:

Posted on: 2015/10/29 1:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/11 1:27
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/28 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

elsquid wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Some people would say this is a good thing. By reducing parking and making a car owner's life more difficult, magically we will have less cars on the road.

Those with more sense know this is bad. FYI, a primary reason you are seeing this downtown is because the City is not enforcing their existing laws with respect to mandating ample parking arrangements for new construction. I'm not sure what the exact figures are, but the intent of the law is to avoid new construction bringing a flood of new people who have to park on the street. Because the building provides enough parking.

But what's happening is developers don't like building all this parking so they apply for and receive waivers which allow fewer new parking spaces to be allotted for new residents. Resulting in more cars on the street. I think there should be more of a push to ensure every new building has enough parking for every resident, to avoid a flood of new cars coming on the street each time one of these buildings is completed.

Hahaha thanks for that fair, unbiased presentation of the issue.

So anyway, actually lots of cities are currently reducing (or even eliminating) parking minimums for developers. The idea is to have new arrivals increasingly do without cars, or at least to own fewer of them and drive them less. (That's a great goal for MANY reasons, but let's focus on the basic supply and demand argument here.)

It does have to be done hand in hand with improvements to mass transit, biking, and walking.

See, what "common sense" arguments about this subject lack is, well, common sense.

We, like basically all growing Northeastern cities, have a finite amount of road space, and as you may have noticed, it's pretty much packed at rush hours and other peak times. We're not getting any more of it! Included in that finite street space is convenient on-street parking. We can't make any more of that either.

So, yeah, we could force developers to build more off-street parking. That drives up rent for everybody, making it LESS likely that someone will move in with the aim of living car-free or car-lite. Why would they want to pay for garage parking they don't need? It makes it MORE likely that people who already own cars will move in.

And sure, it also creates space for all of them to store their cars. Yay!

But where are they gonna drive them? On your head? When they all go out for bagels in the cars they brought, where are they going to park? Same spot you had your eye on? Yup.

Continuing to force developers to build off-street parking at formerly high levels is just creating more demand for on-street driving and parking--demand we can't possibly meet.

I won't pretend this is a cure-all. In particular, cities tend to fall down on creating the alternative transit to replace cars. Tax or PILOT money from the new development has to be used wisely.

But there's nothing at all commonsensical about creating endless supplies of half-empty garage space for cars that already have nowhere to drive.

You make some good points, though I strongly disagree with some. But the most important point I think we agree on and that is making car owners' lives more difficult should only happen in conjunction with improving public transit. I know you like biking but frankly that's a niche area.

Sure, enact measures to promote it, but that realistically won't really lower car demand while public transport improvements would. It is a rare person who disposes of their car entirely in favor of a bike. I agree that a small portion of mostly fit people may bike places instead of drive, and this would have a small traffic reduction, so go ahead with bike access improvements, keeping in mind the very limited scope of this benefit when compared with mass transit.

The problem is we are not enjoying ANY improvements to mass transit. So by allowing developers to flood the streets with cars from new residents because they can't park on site, we are not really helping anything. The best case scenario, if everything you said is true, is that we are putting a damper on the increased demand for new parking that new residents bring. But there still will be increased demand for on street parking due to our crappy public transport system. Other than the PATH, which has its own problems but only serves a very limited geographical area, our public transport system is essentially a disgrace.

So until it improves (and the latest state budget harms rather than improves mass transit), I am strongly opposed to the anti-car measures you seem to champion. And as far as I know, there is no tax or PILOT money being used to improve mass transit. And when people are driving around an hour looking for a spot near their home (not going shopping), this is indicative that new residents do not have ample parking in new construction and are parking on the street. Not "endless supplies of half empty garage space."

Posted on: 2015/10/28 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Extending the enforcement period to 8PM sounds great to me, wish it would be later and include weekends! There might actually be spaces available when my neighbors come home from work in the evening! And maybe my other neighbors with Virginia tags will finally get a resident parking permit and pay their fair share $15 for the privilege of parking on the block.

Whoever threw a bunch of fliers on my stoop warning us of a parking tsunami or whatever, thanks for littering the neighborhood with your nonsense.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 20:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
A few points of correcction
Quote:

Those with more sense know this is bad.

Actually agreeing with you or disagreeing with you is not a matter of "sense".

Quote:
But what's happening is developers don't like building all this parking so they apply for and receive waivers which allow fewer new parking spaces to be allotted for new residents. Resulting in more cars on the street. I think there should be more of a push to ensure every new building has enough parking for every resident, to avoid a flood of new cars coming on the street each time one of these buildings is completed.

Actually, parking is prohibited near the PATH in most instances and the provision of parking was by variance (or more accurately amendments to the redevelopment plan).

I won't bother going into more detail, as elsquid pretty much covered all of the bases quite well.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Some people would say this is a good thing. By reducing parking and making a car owner's life more difficult, magically we will have less cars on the road.

Those with more sense know this is bad. FYI, a primary reason you are seeing this downtown is because the City is not enforcing their existing laws with respect to mandating ample parking arrangements for new construction. I'm not sure what the exact figures are, but the intent of the law is to avoid new construction bringing a flood of new people who have to park on the street. Because the building provides enough parking.

Hahaha thanks for that fair, unbiased presentation of the issue.

So anyway, actually lots of cities are currently reducing (or even eliminating) parking minimums for developers. The idea is to have new arrivals increasingly do without cars, or at least to own fewer of them and drive them less. (That's a great goal for MANY reasons, but let's focus on the basic supply and demand argument here.)

It does have to be done hand in hand with improvements to mass transit, biking, and walking.

See, what "common sense" arguments about this subject lack is, well, common sense.

We, like basically all growing Northeastern cities, have a finite amount of road space, and as you may have noticed, it's pretty much packed at rush hours and other peak times. We're not getting any more of it! Included in that finite street space is convenient on-street parking. We can't make any more of that either.

So, yeah, we could force developers to build more off-street parking. That drives up rent for everybody, making it LESS likely that someone will move in with the aim of living car-free or car-lite. Why would they want to pay for garage parking they don't need? It makes it MORE likely that people who already own cars will move in.

And sure, it also creates space for all of them to store their cars. Yay!

But where are they gonna drive them? On your head? When they all go out for bagels in the cars they brought, where are they going to park? Same spot you had your eye on? Yup.

Continuing to force developers to build off-street parking at formerly high levels is just creating more demand for on-street driving and parking--demand we can't possibly meet.

I won't pretend this is a cure-all. In particular, cities tend to fall down on creating the alternative transit to replace cars. Tax or PILOT money from the new development has to be used wisely.

But there's nothing at all commonsensical about creating endless supplies of half-empty garage space for cars that already have nowhere to drive.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 18:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
I'm concerned about the extension of the permit parking to 11 p.m.!!! When I can convince my friends to visit from the burbs, they're likely to come for dinner and stay 5-6 hours. Do I have to give them a visitor permit every time? And that means schlepping up to the parking authority to buy them 3 at a time (if that's still the maximum) every few weeks? And, FWIW, I know several people who drive to JC and PATH it into NYC, leaving their car on the street or in a commercial parking lot.

I live downtown and parking is getting much more difficult lately. Twice last week, we had to drive around for a solid hour looking for a spot and once ended up parked a little bit on a crosswalk overnight and got a $50 ticket. $15 is a bargain for a residential parking permit but not if there are no spots and you end up with frequent tickets. Not sure how this plan would impact this situation but I'll be watching (and circling the block).

Posted on: 2015/10/28 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I'm concerned about the extension of the permit parking to 11 p.m.!!! When I can convince my friends to visit from the burbs, they're likely to come for dinner and stay 5-6 hours. Do I have to give them a visitor permit every time? And, FWIW, I know several people who drive to JC and PATH it into NYC, leaving their car on the street or in a commercial parking lot.

I live downtown and parking is getting much more difficult lately. Twice last week, we had to drive around for a solid hour looking for a spot and once ended up parked a little bit on a crosswalk overnight and got a $50 ticket. $15 is a bargain for a residential parking permit but not if there are no spots and you end up with frequent tickets. Not sure how this plan would impact this situation but I'll be watching (and circling the block).

EDIT:
I'm editing the above post to say that I've now read Osborne's plan and I think it's very positive It includes allowing residents to park in 2 zones instead of one (I once got booted!!! for parking in a adjacent zone). She also recommends a pilot program to reduce street sweeping to 2 days a week which could improve things. It would also redesign the parking signs for additional clarity and -- here's where Mr. Two Boot's disapproval comes in -- create a dedicated parking zone for food trucks.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 17:06

Edited by jcgurl on 2015/10/28 17:23:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
I've said it before and I'll say it again, permit parking needs to be 24 hours. People live on my block (and have for over 13 years) and have never changed their plates to NJ, thus no permit, and park after street cleaning hours. Another guy parks IN FRONT OF A HYDRANT WITH HIS FLASHERS ON ALL NIGHT to try to eke out of a ticket. It's mind blowing.

On principal, I'm loath to support anthing mr. Two Boots does, though I will admit his opposition to the Formual Business ordinance was surprisingly intelligent.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

PotStirJC wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Anyone ready to sign this should know that the creator is the owner of Two Boots pizza, who famously collaborated with Jeff (drunk owner of the great establishments The Bistro and the Coffeeshop) to push food trucks out of Grove square, so there is a history of putting selfish business interests before those of his fellow JC residents.

I moved to DTJC 3 years ago. One of the primary decisions that let me move here was the relatively lax parking restrictions. Friends and family can come visit or have dinner at my place any day of the week. These new parking regulations will ruin that ability. I have never had a problem finding a parking spot, maybe searching for two minutes at the most. I don't see any problems solved with this new regulation. Just more fines for the government and less friendliness toward the residents... I don't have or do business here in JC, and I will sign this petition regardless.

The increased enforcement is coming regardless and is a separate issue. By signing the petition you are not registering any sort of dissatisfaction with it.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 23:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
For the first time in the four years I've lived on my block in the Village, I saw the parking authority come through and ticket cars without permits last week. A whole slew of tickets issued. They got my neighbor's car twice in one day.

I work at home ... and I go outside occasionally to smoke ... so I got to see the show firsthand.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 23:12

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/5/14 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Gibson wrote:
> You guys all know that those zone permit things aren't even enforced, right?

This ^ I've lived downtown without a permit for over 12 years and have never received a ticket. Ok I lie, I got a permit in 2010 when I got a new car but never renewed it. Just recently bought another car over the summer and never got a permit. Only ticket I've ever received was for parking on wrong side of the street for cleaning.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

This plan will not only turn the Downtown into a massive "park and ride" lot where out-of-towners park and hop on the PATH train to shop and dine in Manhattan (three hours is plenty of time)

LMFAO seriously dude?? You are just butt hurt that they will be traveling to NYC to eat and not eating at Two Boots. You are incredible lol lol lol

Posted on: 2015/10/27 18:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/6 17:17
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Anyone ready to sign this should know that the creator is the owner of Two Boots pizza, who famously collaborated with Jeff (drunk owner of the great establishments The Bistro and the Coffeeshop) to push food trucks out of Grove square, so there is a history of putting selfish business interests before those of his fellow JC residents.

I moved to DTJC 3 years ago. One of the primary decisions that let me move here was the relatively lax parking restrictions. Friends and family can come visit or have dinner at my place any day of the week. These new parking regulations will ruin that ability. I have never had a problem finding a parking spot, maybe searching for two minutes at the most. I don't see any problems solved with this new regulation. Just more fines for the government and less friendliness toward the residents... I don't have or do business here in JC, and I will sign this petition regardless.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 13:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/1 13:27
Group:
Registered Users
I think the new parking regulations are a good move and therefore, I won't sign the petition.

First of all, it's a pilot. So let's just see how it goes.

Secondly, all the changes are a result of the councilwomen listening to resident feedback. This is what the people told her they wanted.

My own thoughts about the proposal:

1. This will increase tax revenue with people being able to drive to and visit local JC businesses for longer than 2 hours. Very few people will make it to and back from the city in the 3 hours limit.

2. People don't typically park for the full length allowable: whether that be 2 or 3 hours. So spot turnover isn't really much of an issue.

3. Part of the plan is to better enforce the time limits. Thus bringing in tax revenue from more tickets.

I think the councilwomen is doing an excellent job.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 12:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
My area of downtown sees little to no zone enforcement. They ticket if you are in the way of the street sweeper and that is about it.

I have neighbors who have maintained out of state licenses on their cars for years. As long as they dodge the sweeper, they get away with it.

I would like to see consistent enforcement - why wouldn't they given the money they could raise?

Posted on: 2015/10/27 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Really, it's time to get over the food court controversy and move on. (Don't you have anything better to obsess about?)

Welcome to JCList.

I for one am not stuck on it. Different issue, different analysis. I still disagree with your comments, though.

So, here are the key proposals.

- Aforementioned hourly changes
- Dramatically increase non-resident permits
- It's replacing monthly-reserve parking with metered parking.
- It's reducing street sweeping.
- It's proposing a dedicated food truck zone
- Clarifying the "emergency no parking" thing
- Allowing purchase of temporary passes online & at City Hall (HUGE)
- Adding Smart Meters

Quote:
1. This plan is being pushed behind the scenes by a few restaurants...

I'm not surprised. 2 hours is a bit tight for a relaxed meal; 3 hours is better. It also gives people a little more time to shop.

That said...

1) That isn't really a fact. It's an unfalsifiable assertion, perhaps innuendo. I don't even know how anyone would verify such a claim.

2) I can't imagine they are pushing too hard, with the Food Truck Zone proposal.

Quote:
2. Giving out free parking (and in this case giving out MORE free parking) is the exact opposite of what intelligent city planners do.

It's not giving out more free parking. It's converting unused monthly to metered.

Quote:
It's really an open and shut case. The plan is insane. People WILL park and ride (they're already doing it) and there will be less turn over of spaces.

1) What evidence do you have that people are currently street parking & riding into NYC? When is this happening, and where?

2) There will be a smaller window of opportunity for anyone who wants to park & ride at night, as they will have to camp out until 8PM (vs the current 3PM).

3) I expect turnover will be around the same. People may stay a little longer during the day, but will be forced to move earlier in the day. Sounds like a wash.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Gibson wrote:
> You guys all know that those zone permit things aren't even enforced, right?

Not sure where you live, but zone permits most definitely are enforced downtown. I see clamps on cars without permits daily.

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Hi Guys:

Really, it's time to get over the food court controversy and move on. (Don't you have anything better to obsess about?)

Oh, stop it. We could've used the same logic on you for messing with the food trucks to begin with. Be consistent.

You're the one who was "obsessed" over getting the food trucks banned. You favored your own business at the expense of what the community wanted.

Cheers to supporting laws that are anti-community.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:
Hi Guys:

So here are the facts, for those willing to hear them. (Several of you have shown not be interested in facts in the past, so I'll address those who are.)

1. This plan is being pushed behind the scenes by a few restaurants who feel that Downtown Jersey City homeowners and residents should subsidize their customers' free parking at night. If my motives are as suspect as you seem to think they are, I should be for the plan given that I own a restaurant. But, believe it or not, some people actually push for things that are against their financial interests. Amazing isn't it!

2. Giving out free parking (and in this case giving out MORE free parking) is the exact opposite of what intelligent city planners do. Listen to this Freakonomics podcast.

http://freakonomics.com/2013/03/13/pa ... eakonomics-radio-podcast/

Then take a look at Donald Shoup's book "The High Cost of Free Parking."

It's really an open and shut case. The plan is insane. People WILL park and ride (they're already doing it) and there will be less turn over of spaces.

If it makes it easier of some of you, try to imagine me as the owner of a different pizzeria.

With lots of love,
Aaron

Nope, and most here don't believe anything you have to say so move along.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:

Rule of thumb: if Aaron Morrill - world class prick who owns Two Boots and banned food trucks from Grove Plaza - supports a proposal and uses his typical fear mongering tactics, you should be against it.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 0:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AMo wrote:

1. This plan is being pushed behind the scenes by a few restaurants who feel that Downtown Jersey City homeowners and residents should subsidize their customers' free parking at night. If my motives are as suspect as you seem to think they are, I should be for the plan given that I own a restaurant. But, believe it or not, some people actually push for things that are against their financial interests. Amazing isn't it!

Not sure why you would think this point makes any sense. You want everyone to "get over" your move with the food trucks while at the same time be outraged by these other restaurants who you claim are lobbying with city hall behind closed doors for their advantage. You must realize how ridiculous that is.

Quote:

AMo wrote:
2. Giving out free parking (and in this case giving out MORE free parking) is the exact opposite of what intelligent city planners do.

This is not accurate. Please point to the part of the deck, or any other documentation you may have that we haven't seen, that lead you to this conclusion.

Slide 6 mentions increasing the monthly non-resident fee to market rate: $150/month instead of the ~$45/month when purchasing a 3 month pass.

Slide 7 mentions replacing frequently unused reserved parking with metered parking. Is this the part you find unacceptable?

Slide 16 mentions replacing reserved parking with SMART meters in business districts.

Quote:

AMo wrote:
Then take a look at Donald Shoup's book "The High Cost of Free Parking."

Please illuminate us on the key takeaways from this 750 page book on parking you definitely read.

Posted on: 2015/10/27 0:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 2:51
Group:
Registered Users
if people are opposed to free parking by anyone wouldn't meters just solve that? not in the residential areas but along more of the downtown area

for example in hoboken all of the side streets off washington for 1 block on either side are meters until like 9 pm or something

I think that there also needs to be something done near the path station to stop the disaster/accident in waiting.... I feel like a designated pick up lane with like 5 or 10 min spots would be helpful too

Posted on: 2015/10/27 0:52

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017