Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Indian females lack of assimilation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
It seems everyone on here is against assimilation. So I am assuming all replies to my post are immigrants ? You have to admit it's kind of weird to walk around like this. And shouldn't we be one culture ?

Untwist your panties. The Indian grandmas will walk in their colorful pajamas, their IT-employed kids speak with Indian accents but dress Western, and their kids are 100% American. That's how it has worked for 200 years. I don't understand your problem.

I found this interesting. Seems like these sari wearing moms are bringing their kids up to be main stream Americans. Sorry Polonius, but what one wears is irrelevant.
http://www.economist.com/news/briefin ... they-are-complaining-ever

Posted on: 2015/10/5 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
And what is your "native garb"? I'd like to see you in one, maybe it's untreated animal skins "Couture Neanderthal"?

Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
When I walk around Van Vorst Park, I'm amazed at how many different languages that I routinely hear. I think it's cool, and similarly I wish I would see more people with their traditional ethnic attire.

I thought of wearing traditional Japanese kimono in the park, but unfortunately, I don't have one. But I think I want one after reading this thread.

That's cute. But see even you don't have one. If you were true blue to this ethnic standout image you would be already walking around town in your native garb.

Posted on: 2015/10/3 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
it is the indian ????????? that one needs to worry about. they are out there looking all hot, and deceiving everyone.

Posted on: 2015/10/2 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
When I walk around Van Vorst Park, I'm amazed at how many different languages that I routinely hear. I think it's cool, and similarly I wish I would see more people with their traditional ethnic attire.

I thought of wearing traditional Japanese kimono in the park, but unfortunately, I don't have one. But I think I want one after reading this thread.

That's cute. But see even you don't have one. If you were true blue to this ethnic standout image you would be already walking around town in your native garb.

Posted on: 2015/10/2 21:30
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/2 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
It seems everyone on here is against assimilation. So I am assuming all replies to my post are immigrants ? You have to admit it's kind of weird to walk around like this. And shouldn't we be one culture ?

Untwist your panties. The Indian grandmas will walk in their colorful pajamas, their IT-employed kids speak with Indian accents but dress Western, and their kids are 100% American. That's how it has worked for 200 years. I don't understand your problem.

Posted on: 2015/10/2 13:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Bollywood beauties are super hot

Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
The only problem I have with the outfit is the heels. This sari looks like it may be silk or some equally delicate material that could easily be caught by the heel & torn. That would be a sin.

Posted on: 2015/10/2 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
The only problem I have with the outfit is the heels. This sari looks like it may be silk or some equally delicate material that could easily be caught by the heel & torn. That would be a sin.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 23:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/18 17:32
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, this is a silly thread. And as someone who happens to love the sight of a lovely sari-clad woman like the one below...I feel badly for your lack of ability to appreciate beauty.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
How do all of you post this much on JCList but still can't recognize an obvious troll?? You're trying to reason with someone whose entire purpose of posting is to have everyone lose their shit over a deliberately controversial and ignorant statement. You've given them the response they've been wanting this entire time and more- so...way to fall for it!

Posted on: 2015/10/1 11:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
[?] And shouldn't we be one culture ?

One nation, many cultures.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 11:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/8/30 8:48
Group:
Registered Users
Are we seriously still talking about this?

Posted on: 2015/10/1 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Resized Image

here is a JC resident and I think she looks fantastic... Why should she wear western clothing when this is so much more.

Read her story here

Pimpette sighting.

Pimpette sighting? Who died & left you Versace? You talk about others being against assimilation & then make this statement? Ugh.

Keep trying to hide who & what you are; it doesn?t matter we all know. You are such a xenophobic dullard & you past posts prove it. Some are lame attempts at levity. Then when your back is against the wall, you try to turn the post around that the other person is wrong & you are the aggrieved party.

Your calling on the webmaster was absolutely hysterical. It?s akin to raising your hand in school & saying ?Oh teacher, oh teacher, it was Johnny who has the peashooter & spitballs?.

Oh yeah & wasn?t it you who referred to Heights people as savages on a local radio show a few years back?

Posted on: 2015/10/1 2:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Resized Image

here is a JC resident and I think she looks fantastic... Why should she wear western clothing when this is so much more.

Read her story here

Pimpette sighting.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Read her story here

Posted on: 2015/9/30 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/30 21:28

Edited by heights on 2015/9/30 21:45:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
Pajamas as street clothes running rampant and you choose saris as your big fashion don't? Oh, but the issue is assimilation. Gotcha. Melting pot be damned. Ban those kilt wearing, bagpipe playing firemen from parades and funerals. No imported meats at Italian delis either. Turkey and american on my kaiser roll, no wait, wonder bread. Pass me some freedom fries. I'll have a beer while I wait. Shoooot, beer's not american either? Make it meth then.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 15:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Some pretty amusing trolling here.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 14:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
"I can't imagine the douchery that goes on inside the mind of the OP"

Well what I can't imagine is why any Indian female (or any foreigner m or f for the matter, excluding the elderly) who now permanently live here, wouldn't want to do ALL she could do to ingratiate herself into the larger American culture by adopting Western style (or at least make a minimal effort) as all other nationalities seem to do rather easily (notwithstanding religious freaks who wear what they wear for religious proposes)

HELLO one of the things that makes America great is that we're a melting pot or do you disagree with that!?!

MoloTov, Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities in the world and has been for decades. And yet you created a thread to complain about it's diversity. It's like going to Italy and complaining that the restaurants serve pasta.

Think more, post less.

It's not a diverse as you might think, everyone stay within their own realm. Each neighborhood has their individual ethnic pockets. Heck even the tax brackets are segregated. Affordable housing and mixed income neighborhoods have no business intermingling.

Your sheet needs ironing heights. You must be a regular riot at those monthly captains meetings you want everyone to go to. (For those who don/t know, the captain in the heights is one of those people, hispanic)

Webmaster please delete this response it is inappropriate and a slap towards the North District police captain.

No you xenophobic, racist it is a slap in your face for your consistent view. The webmaster would delete you but yuor short sighted postings are so patheticfally funny that you are allowed to stay.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 11:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:

Well what I can't imagine is why any Indian female (or any foreigner m or f for the matter, excluding the elderly) who now permanently live here, wouldn't want to do ALL she could do to ingratiate herself into the larger American culture by adopting Western style (or at least make a minimal effort) as all other nationalities seem to do rather easily (notwithstanding religious freaks who wear what they wear for religious proposes)

HELLO one of the things that makes America great is that we're a melting pot or do you disagree with that!?!

MoloTov, Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities in the world and has been for decades. And yet you created a thread to complain about it's diversity. It's like going to Italy and complaining that the restaurants serve pasta.

Think more, post less.

It's not a diverse as you might think, everyone stay within their own realm. Each neighborhood has their individual ethnic pockets. Heck even the tax brackets are segregated. Affordable housing and mixed income neighborhoods have no business intermingling.

Your sheet needs ironing heights. You must be a regular riot at those monthly captains meetings you want everyone to go to. (For those who don/t know, the captain in the heights is one of those people, hispanic)

Webmaster please delete this response it is inappropriate and a slap towards the North District police captain.

Posted on: 2015/9/29 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/9/29 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:

Think more, post less.

Posted on: 2015/9/29 12:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
The Indian outfits referenced are not 3rd world at all, they are actually very stylish and upper class for India.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 22:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/26 0:48
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
Just to clarify some things:

Is it NOT a fact that one the things that is a tremendous and constant source of pride in our country is that we're a self described "melting pot" where foreigners who now live here make every effort to adopt to our culture i.e. learning our language/dressing in a western manner etc

In a meting pot one flavor does not try to emulate the other. In a meting pot two (or more) flavors make a new one.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
The OP smfh @ your dumb a^^ Western culture has been inspired by Indian women fashions forever. The traditional garb has been copied and ripped off by western designers for years...

Its been on the runways for some time now, but I am guessing you knew that... The very thing you are blabbing about western women are excited about.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/9/28 11:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Yes by all means give up a garment that is:

modest

flattering to all body types - one probably never hears - does this sari make my ass look fat in Hindi

made of natural fibers - silk or cotton

in addition, women who wear a sari are probably the only people not wearing any clothes made in China, this country's biggest military and economic enemy. Hear, hear, let's cheer these inadvertent patriots.

I am also a big fan of the Shalwar Kameez for the same reasons.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 11:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
Would it NOT behoove them greatly to make an attempt to ingratiate themselves to the larger community at hand....

Who cares?

They can wear whatever clothes they want, cook and eat whatever food they want, whatever. I don't see why it matters at all.

Quote:
Is it NOT a fact that one the things that is a tremendous and constant source of pride in our country is that we're a self described "melting pot" where foreigners who now live here make every effort to adopt to our culture i.e. learning our language/dressing in a western manner etc

Not really, no.

Our nation is based on freedom, not massive social pressure to assimilate. It certainly isn't required for every single person in the US to eschew their original customs.

Immigrants to the US have done this for decades. The older generations tend not to assimilate, the younger generation acculturates and/or assimilates to a degree.

Quote:
3. Sorry but their traditional Indian attire reminds me of scenes from the streets in a 3rd world country and who wants to be reminded of that on a daily basis HERE?!?! NOT me!!!

That is YOUR problem, not theirs.

Quote:
4. Imho in their donning the garb worn by 3rd world dwellers, that this unwillingness to assimilate directly contributes to the 3rd worldization of our community. (which I sincerely can't fathom how anyone would want or defend!!!)

What on Earth are you talking about?

Immigrants have been a part of JC for decades. The old guard Polish, Irish, Italians, Puerto Ricans, Filipinos etc did not give up their culture just because they moved to America. Indians are doing the same thing.

Little India has also been around for a long time, at least a decade AFAIK. Nothing new there.

Meanwhile, Downtown JC is certainly not looking like the 3rd world (an archaic phrase btw). If anything, the wave of affluence is wiping out the last vestiges of many immigrant communities.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 1:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This conversation eclipsed them all tonight.

Posted on: 2015/9/28 1:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe they realize the "larger community at hand" is comprised of idiots such as yourself?

Posted on: 2015/9/28 0:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/12 3:03
Group:
Registered Users
Just to clarify some things:

1. I am certainly not proposing forbidding Indian women from wearing their traditional garb. This is America and obviously anyone can just about wear whatever they want!

2. Again I simply ask this: Would it NOT behoove them greatly to make an attempt to ingratiate themselves to the larger community at hand, to which they now reside in by simply just making a minimal effort to adapt to Western style? Is it NOT a fact that one the things that is a tremendous and constant source of pride in our country is that we're a self described "melting pot" where foreigners who now live here make every effort to adopt to our culture i.e. learning our language/dressing in a western manner etc

3. Sorry but their traditional Indian attire reminds me of scenes from the streets in a 3rd world country and who wants to be reminded of that on a daily basis HERE?!?! NOT me!!!

4. Imho in their donning the garb worn by 3rd world dwellers, that this unwillingness to assimilate directly contributes to the 3rd worldization of our community. (which I sincerely can't fathom how anyone would want or defend!!!)

5. I purposely omitted from my critique those who are proscribed by their religion to wear whatever it is they have to wear (devout female Muslims/Hasidic Jews/followers of Warren Jeb etc) tho I am certainly no fan of how they present themselves in public and find how their look to be highly disturbing and contributory to the 3rd worldization of America as well.

6. I do realize not all of India is 3rd world, but by and large the vast majority of that country is. (largely due to their massive population problem and caste system which condemns a sizable % of their population to virtually living in the gutters )

7. I lOVE their food and am OK with the wearing of their traditional garb in their restaurants :)

Posted on: 2015/9/27 21:19

Edited by MoloTov on 2015/9/27 21:42:18
Edited by MoloTov on 2015/9/27 21:43:38
Edited by MoloTov on 2015/9/27 21:43:38

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!