Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Indian females lack of assimilation
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Not just all indian females need to watch this video to meet U.S standards of assimilation, but all migrants.
The video should also be watched by current citizens to maintain better standards, values and dress codes of assimilation.
Anyone not conforming to this videos standard, should be forced by our cultural police for re-education

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PtxTiedYE

Posted on: 2015/9/27 21:08
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/12 3:03
Group:
Registered Users
Good one ianmac4!

Posted on: 2015/9/27 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Why is it that a sizable segment of the older people in JC refuse to assimilate and continue to dress in their traditional suit and ties as if their still living in the suburbs? Would it not behoove them tremendously to attempt to make at least a token effort to dress like a hipster so as to ingratiate themselves to the hipsters of Brooklyn they ostensibly want to be citizens of?

I'm sorry but the way they dress reminds of the mall at short hills and in my view contributes to the suburbanization of New York City. HELLO you're no longer living in a freakin cul-de-sac (which you should thank urban planners for!!!!) so unless you're just visiting here for goodness sake could you please just make some kind of effort to incorporate elements of hipster style into your everyday wardrobe? Is that asking to much?! HELLO we're an exclusive club of fashion forward young people after all now get with the program already!!!!

....and don't even get me started on Hoboken girls in Uggs!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a trust fund / tech bro / iwatch wearing Bay Area make it an app or leave it type.

Beard growing, tattoo wearing, earing dangling hipsters.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 20:20
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it that a sizable segment of the older people in JC refuse to assimilate and continue to dress in their traditional suit and ties as if their still living in the suburbs? Would it not behoove them tremendously to attempt to make at least a token effort to dress like a hipster so as to ingratiate themselves to the hipsters of Brooklyn they ostensibly want to be citizens of?

I'm sorry but the way they dress reminds of the mall at short hills and in my view contributes to the suburbanization of New York City. HELLO you're no longer living in a freakin cul-de-sac (which you should thank urban planners for!!!!) so unless you're just visiting here for goodness sake could you please just make some kind of effort to incorporate elements of hipster style into your everyday wardrobe? Is that asking to much?! HELLO we're an exclusive club of fashion forward young people after all now get with the program already!!!!

....and don't even get me started on Hoboken girls in Uggs!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a trust fund / tech bro / iwatch wearing Bay Area make it an app or leave it type.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
United States of Borg. Welcome to the collective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZEJ4OJTgg8

Posted on: 2015/9/27 9:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/30 16:48
Group:
Registered Users
Can they at least conform to a 12 tone system?!

Posted on: 2015/9/27 3:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I wouldn't sweat the OP's post to much. It's a clear case of "internet muscles" at work. I'm reminded of Time Magazine's Joel Stein who penned an article expressing feelings similar to what the OP expressed. Look him up on Wikipedia.

I call it liberal racism. It's not quite KKK level but more like "soft bigotry."

Posted on: 2015/9/27 2:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alastor wrote:
We should also remember how despicable this racism is in the context of Jersey City's history, especially hate crimes targeted at people of South Asian descent by the "Dotbusters" in the late 1980s. The OP and those who agree with his sentiments should know that these attitudes are uncivil and unacceptable. Moreover, they should understand that we recognize their perverted views immediately for what they are, we know what they imply, and we see what they provoke. This intolerance leads to violence. And while I support free speech--no matter how despicable--I condemn this reckless language. I find it disgusting, and I don't care whether or not this is merely a grab for attention. The more people who come out and condemn this crap, the better.

I think you're being just a tad too dramatic. Forgetting about the fact that they shouldn't be taken seriously, nothing in his posts can be interpreted as a call for violence.

But I'm certainly with you on condemning the (trolling) posts.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 2:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/17 5:23
Group:
Registered Users
We should also remember how despicable this racism is in the context of Jersey City's history, especially hate crimes targeted at people of South Asian descent by the "Dotbusters" in the late 1980s. The OP and those who agree with his sentiments should know that these attitudes are uncivil and unacceptable. Moreover, they should understand that we recognize their perverted views immediately for what they are, we know what they imply, and we see what they provoke. This intolerance leads to violence. And while I support free speech--no matter how despicable--I condemn this reckless language. I find it disgusting, and I don't care whether or not this is merely a grab for attention. The more people who come out and condemn this crap, the better.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
"I can't imagine the douchery that goes on inside the mind of the OP"

Well what I can't imagine is why any Indian female (or any foreigner m or f for the matter, excluding the elderly) who now permanently live here, wouldn't want to do ALL she could do to ingratiate herself into the larger American culture by adopting Western style (or at least make a minimal effort) as all other nationalities seem to do rather easily (notwithstanding religious freaks who wear what they wear for religious proposes)

HELLO one of the things that makes America great is that we're a melting pot or do you disagree with that!?!

MoloTov, Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities in the world and has been for decades. And yet you created a thread to complain about it's diversity. It's like going to Italy and complaining that the restaurants serve pasta.

Think more, post less.

It's not a diverse as you might think, everyone stay within their own realm. Each neighborhood has their individual ethnic pockets. Heck even the tax brackets are segregated. Affordable housing and mixed income neighborhoods have no business intermingling.

Take your meds.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:

Well what I can't imagine is why any Indian female (or any foreigner m or f for the matter, excluding the elderly) who now permanently live here, wouldn't want to do ALL she could do to ingratiate herself into the larger American culture by adopting Western style (or at least make a minimal effort) as all other nationalities seem to do rather easily (notwithstanding religious freaks who wear what they wear for religious proposes)

HELLO one of the things that makes America great is that we're a melting pot or do you disagree with that!?!

MoloTov, Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities in the world and has been for decades. And yet you created a thread to complain about it's diversity. It's like going to Italy and complaining that the restaurants serve pasta.

Think more, post less.

It's not a diverse as you might think, everyone stay within their own realm. Each neighborhood has their individual ethnic pockets. Heck even the tax brackets are segregated. Affordable housing and mixed income neighborhoods have no business intermingling.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 1:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
You try too hard - your trolling needs work.

I was with you, obvious troll. But judging from the thread, we are in the minority, and his trolling is apparently on point.

Posted on: 2015/9/27 0:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:

Think more, post less.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 23:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
any fans of ben carson here?

Posted on: 2015/9/26 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
Why is it that a sizable segment of Indian females in JC refuses to assimilate and continues to dress in their traditional Indian garb as if their still living in India? Would it not behoove them tremendously to attempt to make at least a token effort to dress Western so as to ingratiate themselves to the country they ostensibly are citizens of now?!?!

I'm sorry but the way they dress reminds me of the 3rd world and in my view contributes to the 3rd worldification of America. HELLO you're no longer living in freakin downtown Calcutta (which you should thank god for!!!) so unless you're just visiting here for goodness sake could you please just make some kind of effort to incorporate elements of Western style into your everyday wardrobe? Is that asking to much?! HELLO we're a melting pot after all now get with the program already!!!!

....and don't even get me started on Muslim females in ninja gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: I'm NOT a Republican/Trump supporter/Xenophobe/Uber patriotic America take it or leave it type

The disclaimer forgot to include; but I'm a bit of a nutter

Next we'll have individuals complaining about attire that Orthodox Jews wear or even the Amish, Catholic Nuns, Muslims with their long beards (but that could be seen as Hipster).
Seriously, who gives a siht what individuals or religious customs and cultures require people to wear. The only concern I would have is the covering of one's face in areas of concern ie; Banks and stores where even helmets or hoodies need to be removed to mitigate robberies and improve identification - I also would advocate that police need to power for women to show their faces when requested ... how else can one identify a person when an officer hands-out a speeding ticket!

Posted on: 2015/9/26 22:41
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/17 5:23
Group:
Registered Users
I am perplexed why the OP values "elements of Western style" --whatever those are--over and above "traditional Indian garb." Of course, I am concerned about the unabashed racism, misogyny, anti-semitism, xenophobia, and general intolerance of the original post and a few of the replies. But I am also genuinely confused by the logic. I'll take a stab at it: the OP is dismayed that he cannot spectate more women in yoga pants? Is that it? You're losing McEyeCandy to those bewildering and confusing sarees that just don't tickle you in the right places? You're a LuluLemon gawker unwilling to give up on the taut contours of spandex? You want a parade of flesh finished with the proper fabrics and dimensions of fitness chic? Those traditional garbs are just too upsetting in a late capitalist world when you're reminded that other cultures exist and perhaps unconvinced by the oh-so-hot Cosmo body you crave?

Might I make a suggestion to help you cope with the diverse attire of Jersey City? First, find a mirror. Second, take a moment to scan your body from white sneaker to pastel polo. And next, strip--strip it all--right down to the last thread covering that pasty bod. Finally, I want you to scream. Loudly. Hard. Make it hurt. You see now, right? Your flesh? Its irreparable hue: that skin that reflects the shame, anger, and judgment you keep seeing in other people?

Posted on: 2015/9/26 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:

You seem unable to understand that 1st gen immigrants run a huge spectrum that tend to vanish by the 2nd. Some Muslim immigrants wear chadors, others wear blue jeans. I live near McNair, whose students are overwhelmingly children of recent immigrants, if not immigrants themselves, and you could not tell this at all by attire, even though they could wear any cultural clothing that fell within the dress code. The young Indian women wear tight clothing that pushes the dress code just like any other teenage girls.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 21:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/26 21:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"These people tend not to assimilate well in JC either. Let's ban them"

1. Where did I say their choice of attire should be banned idiot?

2. And just why pray tell wouldn't people in Western professional attire such as that not be able to assimilate here?!?!

Posted on: 2015/9/26 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I can't imagine the douchery that goes on inside the mind of the OP.

There is one really great thing I luv about the city(nyc). You can dress any which way you want...........an most people won't even blink nor care. New Jersey it's a whole different story.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
These people tend not to assimilate well in JC either. Let's ban them ...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/9/26 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
These are mostly elderly mothers of Indian immigrants to the US. I see them all the time walking in their traditional garb around Newport. A lot of them are probably rural, too. You want them to jump into pantsuits or western dresses?
mini skirts or booty shorts might be nice too

Posted on: 2015/9/26 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
These are mostly elderly mothers of Indian immigrants to the US. I see them all the time walking in their traditional garb around Newport. A lot of them are probably rural, too. You want them to jump into pantsuits or western dresses?

Yes

Posted on: 2015/9/26 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I wish they would just walk on the sidewalk instead of in the street.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/26 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MoloTov wrote:
"WTF does this nonsense have to do with JC?"

Because there's a large Indian population here, that's why idiot.

And you prove there is a large amount of dumb ass people living among us.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 19:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Btw I do love their food!!!

Posted on: 2015/9/26 19:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"the Indians are hardly anti intellectual"

I never said they where!!!

Posted on: 2015/9/26 18:56

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"WTF does this nonsense have to do with JC?"

Because there's a large Indian population here, that's why idiot.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
WTF does this nonsense have to do with JC? I swear some of you are just ignorant.

It has to do with the discomfort of some "native americans" with JC's melting pot. The OP is unable to make the distinction between South Asians who generally assimilate in 1 generation, and the cultures that have devoted themselves to "apartness". Little India is hardly different from the Jewish Lower East Side and Little Italy of a century ago, except that the latter wore European clothing.

Posted on: 2015/9/26 18:17

« 1 (2) 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017