Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Steuben St parking
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I brought this up at the last council meeting. My husband and I have family all over JC. We are also being denied a permit when we had a permit before. That means we cannot go a wedding, wake, or any family function that is more than 2 hours. At the last council meeting I said this to Candice respectfully, you only have a minor child and no extended family members in JC, you have no idea about the impact to families. Years ago, I took my mother to her doctor and was there for 3 hours. The problem is - JC is ignoring an ordinance that stated all new construction must have parking, they are allowing 20% to 25% for parking so the new residents are parking on the street and long time residents that had permit parking are being squeezed. Also, former parking lots and garages now have buildings. The rules are unfair. This also means you cannot have a medical procedure that is more than 2 hours in your zone.

Yvonne, I sat there listening to your insane ramblings. You are, yet again, spreading a new lie.

You are perfectly capable of going to the doctor for more than two hours. You are perfectly capable of visiting family for more than 2 hours. You simply cannot park for free for more than two hours.

Just because you pay taxes doesn?t mean you are entitled to every public service in the city.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Why should I have to give money to a garage? I pay taxes to Jersey City not to a private garage company. The city created this problem by not following their ordinance of requiring new building to have parking. I have been in Jersey City longer than 20 years, family members go back to the 1880s. I don't need someone rather recent to dictate what I should do.

Nobody cares how long you or your family has been in the area. It is extremely irreverent and the fact that you think you are entitled to be handed something of value (parking) for free just because of some ancestry says a lot more about you and your sense of entitlement than it does about the laws that were setup.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is people like you who do not have family responsibilities telling people like me I should move. You, like Fulop and Osborne, with the exception of her son, do not have family members living in JC. You do not take an elderly relative to the doctor in which you must stay more than 2 hours. This ordinance is anti-family. Which is a reflection is this administration. Life happens, people should not be booted for taking care of family matters.

I almost laughed out loud at your absurdity when you said this to the council. I don?t know how they didn?t look at you and ask if you were mentally deranged or just some self-entitled lunatic.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
No, you are living in a weird reality, I ask for the same rights as others. That is not an alternative reality. You as well as Fulop practice in discrimination. Some residents get permit parking and others do not.

Parking is not a right.

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
I drove down to Exchange place yesterday and was surprised how long it took to find a parking spot (24 minutes) . I would think that with all those parking decks down there it would be ez. I guess people down there are not using them but the streets instead.

You?d be guessing wrong. Those in towers cannot just park on the street for free unless it is outside of the permit time.

The reality is that people are traveling into JC to enjoy the nightlife and they are the ones taking up parking.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 13:51
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Why should any resident be penalized for parking in JC? This city bends over backwards for developers but penalizes local residents. The mayor has a new suv, I am sure he is not worried about parking.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 13:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Reaching out to Councilwoman Osborne must have paid off - Agenda posted for next week's council meeting - Steuben Street is being introduced to add it to Zone 4. Congratulations!
It was long over due.

Good luck finding a space to park!

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/uploa ... Reading/Agenda%20Document(20).pdf

Quote:

clayton wrote:
I don't have parking in my building ... there are several buildings like mine which have 3-4 apartments per building and street parking. It's not one of the luxury buildings. It seems ridiculous that I'm not entitled to a zone 4 permit... since you guys have explained the issue (thank you) I think I'm not even going to try to call the parking authority, I'll just reach out to the councilwoman.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 5:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Where does it say an American citizen cannot have rights as other American citizens in Jersey City? Where does that say in our city charter, who else can I be?

It's right under the part that guarantees you free parking if you pay your taxes. 11th Amendment, I think?

Posted on: 2015/9/21 21:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I drove down to Exchange place yesterday and was surprised how long it took to find a parking spot (24 minutes) . I would think that with all those parking decks down there it would be ez. I guess people down there are not using them but the streets instead.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By denying some JC residents permits is similar to the poll tax some Southern states imposed on black folks in the south. Residents must use their cars for personal, business and medical reasons. If they are caught they have their cars booted. In the meantime, the city rewards developers by not allowing full parking for new construction, which clogs the street.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where does it say an American citizen cannot have rights as other American citizens in Jersey City? Where does that say in our city charter, who else can I be?

Posted on: 2015/9/21 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Sorry, I don't have to show you anything. The city should not be harassing people by threatening them with boots on their cars by eliminating their permits. By the way, their are people in this city who have permits and do not pay properties taxes to the city, some are renters others live in tax abated properties and they receive permits. I should receive a permit because I am a citizen in the city.

You should receive a permit because you are a citizen of the city? Where does it say that in writing?

Posted on: 2015/9/21 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry, I don't have to show you anything. The city should not be harassing people by threatening them with boots on their cars by eliminating their permits. By the way, their are people in this city who have permits and do not pay properties taxes to the city, some are renters others live in tax abated properties and they receive permits. I should receive a permit because I am a citizen in the city. Read the NJ constitution which states all residents should be treated fairly. If you reward some residents with permits but not others, then you are violating the state constitution.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Where does it say Jersey City mayor/city council should reward developers by not providing parking for all of its apartments? Why should Jersey mayor/city council reward developers with a win fall by converting that parking space to a condo, who else could I be? Personally, I don't think your parents like you by giving you a phrase instead of a single first name.

Where on your tax bill did it state that you were owed parking? Show me.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where does it say Jersey City mayor/city council should reward developers by not providing parking for all of its apartments? Why should Jersey mayor/city council reward developers with a win fall by converting that parking space to a condo, who else could I be? Personally, I don't think your parents like you by giving you a phrase instead of a single first name.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
You or your family can get visitor passes to hang on your rear view mirror - just scratch off the date when you use it. Always have a few on hand to use in case of family emergencies or family parties. It's cheaper than a parking lot or a boot!

Posted on: 2015/9/21 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Nice try attacking me personally, but I did not create the mess, the city did. The city is lining the pockets of developers by not requiring them to have parking for all new development. The city is hurting residents who are denied permits and need medical treatment for that zone. So Sully, put your name on the city council agenda and/or email the city council members.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Nice try attacking me personally, but I did not create the mess, the city did. The city is lining the pockets of developers by not requiring them to have parking for all new development. The city is hurting residents who are denied permits and need medical treatment for that zone. So Sully, put your name on the city council agenda and/or email the city council members.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 16:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sully wrote:
This is a great thread! I live in Zone 11, which is really really small - so the opportunities for free, on-street, entitled parking are extremely limited!

I'm only entitled to park in places I could easily walk to from my home in a couple minutes - what good is that??? OUTRAGEOUS! How can I possibly get by???

Plus, people in Zone 2 can park in an area larger than Hoboken, that really chaps my ass!! Totally unfair!! I demand that the city council immediately make Zone 11 much larger!!

Yvonne, if you will support my cause to make Zone 11 as large as Hoboken, I'll support your effort to get a Zone 2 sticker.

Actually there was talk for a while of dividing zone 2 into multiple zones.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 16:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/28 4:29
Group:
Registered Users
This is a great thread! I live in Zone 11, which is really really small - so the opportunities for free, on-street, entitled parking are extremely limited!

I'm only entitled to park in places I could easily walk to from my home in a couple minutes - what good is that??? OUTRAGEOUS! How can I possibly get by???

Plus, people in Zone 2 can park in an area larger than Hoboken, that really chaps my ass!! Totally unfair!! I demand that the city council immediately make Zone 11 much larger!!

Yvonne, if you will support my cause to make Zone 11 as large as Hoboken, I'll support your effort to get a Zone 2 sticker.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 3:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Please, don't feed the troll!

It is widely known and accepted that Yvonne is batshit crazy and hateful. In her warped view, people should be able to park anywhere they please, free of charge. There is no point in engaging with her on a dialogue because she will ignore logic and reason and only offer opinions and views based on (depending on the topic) bias, religious dogma, revisionist history, or just plain embellishment.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
... Before the merger of the Parking Authority to the JC Police Department, everyone who is a resident of JC received a parking permit.

This is incorrect and you know it.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 0:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Wow a rock and a hard place. So if you can't get a zone permit, no reserved permits, and the whole area is reserved/zoned and you do not fall into either category I guess you're out in the cold. NOT FAIR !

Blame the Yvonne balcer's of jersey city who don't want people that live in high rises to be allowed to park on the street.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Slavery? LOL you are bats*it crazy, do you even hear yourself how insane you sound?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You are the type psyop to rationalize slavery because it is the law. You do not understand discrimination.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's a waste of energy talking to you. Just about everything you say is ridiculous. Good luck but welcome to the present.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No, you are living in a weird reality, I ask for the same rights as others. That is not an alternative reality. You as well as Fulop practice in discrimination. Some residents get permit parking and others do not.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh I understand what you are saying perfectly clear, you are just living in an alternate reality.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 21:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The problem with you is the lack of understanding, I want the same thing other citizens have in JC, the ability to have a parking permit while taking care of family business. I should not be booted if my doctor's appointment last more than 2 hours or visit a relative who is ill. As I said before this law is anti-family. But again, Fulop does not have extended family in JC.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It is obvious you do not live in Zone 2 which is larger than Hoboken and you do not have elderly relatives that rely on you for doctor's appoints or have a child with an injured leg, or have MS, or an enlarge heart which makes walking difficult. Perhaps you do not have to deal with dialysis treatment. I expect the city to take responsibility for the mess they created. Before the merger of the Parking Authority to the JC Police Department, everyone who is a resident of JC received a parking permit. Now they are not receiving a parking permit. If I am being treated as a second class citizen, then I should not be required to pay taxes to this city because I do not enjoy all of its benefits. I am not a recent arrival to JC, I have family here. So my answer to you, I want to be treated like other residents in JC, if they are allowed to have permit parking, then I should have permit or stop giving me a tax bill.

You just repeated the same thing you've said 100 times already without answer actual questions people ask you.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is obvious you do not live in Zone 2 which is larger than Hoboken and you do not have elderly relatives that rely on you for doctor's appoints or have a child with an injured leg, or have MS, or an enlarge heart which makes walking difficult. Perhaps you do not have to deal with dialysis treatment. I expect the city to take responsibility for the mess they created. Before the merger of the Parking Authority to the JC Police Department, everyone who is a resident of JC received a parking permit. Now they are not receiving a parking permit. If I am being treated as a second class citizen, then I should not be required to pay taxes to this city because I do not enjoy all of its benefits. I am not a recent arrival to JC, I have family here. So my answer to you, I want to be treated like other residents in JC, if they are allowed to have permit parking, then I should have permit or stop giving me a tax bill.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Why should I have to give money to a garage? I pay taxes to Jersey City not to a private garage company. The city created this problem by not following their ordinance of requiring new building to have parking. I have been in Jersey City longer than 20 years, family members go back to the 1880s. I don't need someone rather recent to dictate what I should do.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 18:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I expect the city to follow its original ordinance and require new construction to have equal parking to equal apartments. The city, not the citizens created this problem. Basically, the city is telling developers they can create more wealth by allowing parking spaces to become condos.

Answer the question, what do you expect, an open spot in front of every place you ever visit? Your expectations are ridiculous, give it up already or move to the suburbs. Parking is better here than most cities.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 18:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Paying taxes does not entitle you to a parking spot, and a parking ordinance is not anti-family. You sound ridiculous.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 1:46

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017