Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Looking for a General Practitioner
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/8 20:19
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Dr Choudhary Like her a lot, on Newark near the courthouse

Posted on: 2015/9/18 0:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/3 18:11
Group:
Registered Users
I will certainly look into all suggestions! Thanks so much!!

Posted on: 2015/9/17 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
I've been going to Joseph Arcuri on 14th Street in Manhattan. I like him very much but he has now affiliated with One Medical Group, and new patients must pay a fee to join ($199 a year, I think). The number is 212-530-2271.

I have lived in JC a long time and have had the same experience with every doctor (but not dentist) I've tried - little concern for my time. The time between my scheduled appointment and getting to see the doctor was unacceptable.

Precisely because of what you describe in your second paragraph it is that concepts like One Medical Group have emerged and thrived. I am a member and I think it is money well spent. I know that if I need to see a doctor, I can get in without prior planning. And, if I make an appointment to see a doctor, I know I will be seen at the exact time I was told. Their membership cost is incredibly worth it if you visit a doctor often, and even if you only go on rare occasions (biannually for me!) I still think it is worth the peace of mind. Everything is electronic, no paperwork whatsoever, they electronically transmit (or, call in) your prescriptions for you (no need to do anything other than go pick them up at your pharmacy of choice) and they do labs and bloodwork in house, so no need to go to some lab location for basic things.

Thanks for the report - I was feeling (even more) elitist than usual about this. They are located across from the Apple Store, so not a bad walk from 14th or Christopher.

They have THREE super convenient locations close to PATH stations, with 14th being the farthest one of those three. They have one in the Flatiron area and the one I visit in Wall Street. Once you are member, you can visit any location and any doctor can/will see you. All of your information is right in front of them, easily accessible via computer. Another perk: they don't just rush through visits. My last doctor visit was incredibly thorough, we discussed all aspects of fitness and medical history, and she took the time to cover everything I wanted to discuss. Thumbs way up to them.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 16:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/11 18:46
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Dr. Pappert at Hudson County Primary Care. Been going to him for years, he's a great guy and I've had nothing but positive experiences.

http://www.genbook.com/bookings/slot/reservation/30092497/reviews

Posted on: 2015/9/17 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:
I've been going to Joseph Arcuri on 14th Street in Manhattan. I like him very much but he has now affiliated with One Medical Group, and new patients must pay a fee to join ($199 a year, I think). The number is 212-530-2271.

I have lived in JC a long time and have had the same experience with every doctor (but not dentist) I've tried - little concern for my time. The time between my scheduled appointment and getting to see the doctor was unacceptable.

Precisely because of what you describe in your second paragraph it is that concepts like One Medical Group have emerged and thrived. I am a member and I think it is money well spent. I know that if I need to see a doctor, I can get in without prior planning. And, if I make an appointment to see a doctor, I know I will be seen at the exact time I was told. Their membership cost is incredibly worth it if you visit a doctor often, and even if you only go on rare occasions (biannually for me!) I still think it is worth the peace of mind. Everything is electronic, no paperwork whatsoever, they electronically transmit (or, call in) your prescriptions for you (no need to do anything other than go pick them up at your pharmacy of choice) and they do labs and bloodwork in house, so no need to go to some lab location for basic things.

Thanks for the report - I was feeling (even more) elitist than usual about this. They are located across from the Apple Store, so not a bad walk from 14th or Christopher.

Posted on: 2015/9/17 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/17 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Sommerman wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/17 14:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/17 11:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/16 20:23
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely would recommend Dr. Jessica Taubman and the Riverside Medical Group office downtown JC. There's some negative reviews on them, but I can only speak to myself and my family. We've always been nice to them, and Dr. Taubman and the staff have been nothing but kind to us. Highly recommended.

Posted on: 2015/9/16 19:59

Looking for a General Practitioner

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/3 18:11
Group:
Registered Users
Need a good general practitioner. Does anyone have any recommendations? If in the downtown it would be an added bonus but willing to travel for a good MD!

Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/9/16 18:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017