Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: JCIA Garbage Men Tried to Shake Down "Pint" Owner for Booze
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Ha - see post:
http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=338417

Mr. Minella, is that you?? Good job blending in...

Quote:

FSL wrote:
Mr. Sterling Biz page posts should be alarming to all who view his 5 minutes of fame to get more patrons to his venue. His quote" The drivers that drive the trucks are intoxicated"?? Maybe he should go to AA, since he owns a bar that sells alcohol. The number #1 question is where is his bartender in the video ? No comment or statement from him ? Tommy ?? Seems like Mr. Sterling had not been present and is the voice to say and write whatever he pleases. Once again he and Pint are looking for the spotlight and think he may be drinking his own Koolaid.

Posted on: 2015/9/24 19:11

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/12/7 2:45
From on the edge
Group:
Registered Users
now this idiot has no job...he cant even be a garbage man without getting fired

Posted on: 2015/9/6 2:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
I think everyone is pretty much on the same page on where all this stink belongs to: the JCIA and however far up it goes. If business owners are getting away with illegal dumping and if sanitation workers are getting away with bending the rules for favors (bribery) then it all falls squarely on the JCIA. The news about how the JCIA allegedly ignored and threatened the owner for reporting the incident is by far the most disturbing part of all this and should be the focus of a bigger investigation.

Sadly, that's probably not going to happen. They will treat this as a one-off if nobody presses them any further and everybody is happy with the firing of one dumb shmuck.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 22:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/18 11:58
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jcls wrote:
Jcuser611, It's not that we don't know this happens everywhere. it's that it's surprising that in this day and age, people still have the balls to do it not thinking they will get caught.

I guess it's because they count on people like you, complacent citizens, who, because "it happens everywhere", think we should let it continue to happen here

You can continue to belong to the Bend over and grip your ankles club, the rest of us won't settle for the status quo.

You get what you expect in life.

Understandable, once again for the 10th time, I'm
NOT saying this is the right thing to do. Far from it. What I am saying is, MOST of the businesses WILLINGLY hit off the garbage men to take their refuse to AVOID paying their own pick-up fees. Nothing more. No conspiracy theories. If any of you decide to leave downtown and take a good look around YOUR city, it doesn't take rocket science to see the big picture. It's not just 1 bar. If they are strong arming everyone , where are the reports? This would've happened 100 times before. Yes I am agreeing to it that I'm sure bribery for garbage pick-ups do happen. & not just in JC, but everywhere. It's bigger then just Pint, prior to the outcry, it was just another business along with many more getting free service of disposal on our tax dime.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
I'm not putting the bribes past the garbage men, knowing the city law & that businesses are required to get their own disposal, it's safe to say it's probable. Although the rest of the story, of being "physically intimidated" & the whole way it was put out there, seems like an obvious media-driven overspun exaggerated cry for attention. Point blank. All press is good press. Let's see how much more business Pint gets now after these shenanigans. More power to em'.

Why does it seem obvious that the owner would lie about city corruption? Why put a target on your back? For publicity? That's pretty risky and overly calculated.

I never said he was lying. Holy shit do any of you people know how to read? I said it was more then probable that the allegations were true. But the over-dramatization of them trying to make it seem like a bad episode of the Sopranos? That's the obvious part. It probably went something like this:

Hey we can't take your garbage anymore, but we will for free booze.

I have to talk to my manager.

Okay well it's being left until you do so.

& here we are. I didn't find that video intimidating at all, although opinions differ & I'm aware of that. all I simply stated was why weren't the cops called right there on that night? If he was so afraid Silvio and Paulie were coming to shake him down? Why didn't he lock up the bar, call his boss & the police right then and there. Isn't that the logical thing? The circumstances make it seem calculated. AGAIN, not saying the allegations are untrue. but is Wolf smart enough to see the benefit in a situation like this? I think so. Free ink, advertisement, bar name in the paper and on the news, it's crazy that very few of you see that.

The owner only went to the press AFTER reporting it to the JCIA. If the JCIA handled it properly, the media never would have reported it. So there goes your publicity theory.

As for the intimidation, if the owner said he felt it, who are you to say otherwise? Garbage men usually don't enter a business' premise. If there's an issue, they usually just leave the garbage at the curb. So I could see why the owner would be intimidated. We don't have all the facts yet but it seems implausible for the owner to make this up.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 21:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/4 20:51
Group:
Registered Users
Jcuser611, It's not that we don't know this happens everywhere. it's that it's surprising that in this day and age, people still have the balls to do it not thinking they will get caught.

I guess it's because they count on people like you, complacent citizens, who, because "it happens everywhere", think we should let it continue to happen here

You can continue to belong to the Bend over and grip your ankles club, the rest of us won't settle for the status quo.

You get what you expect in life.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:52

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCman24 wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Most of you have your head so far up your asses it's not even funny. This might be news to some, but JC isn't the only city where this occurs. I'd bet every big city has seen these same problems with the sanitation industry. The fact that this is news or surprising to some is beyond me. That's like saying they don't sell drugs on Ocean Ave.. Like really -___- , get a grip people..

Jersey City public school education, I take it?

Lol so because I said JC isn't the only city where I'm sure garbage men take goods in exchange for pick-up, that makes me a public school heathen? Lmaooo it keeps getting better and better.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Most of you have your head so far up your asses it's not even funny. This might be news to some, but JC isn't the only city where this occurs. I'd bet every big city has seen these same problems with the sanitation industry. The fact that this is news or surprising to some is beyond me. That's like saying they don't sell drugs on Ocean Ave.. Like really -___- , get a grip people..

Jersey City public school education, I take it?

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:36

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:24

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Lol, downtown JC hipsters that think they know it all. I'm not surprised. Good day.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/16 6:03
From DT JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
It probably went something like this:

But you left out the part about the sanitation worker cheerily doffing his cap while he munched on the complimentary scone offered to him by the previous merchant he tried to shake down.

Seriously, how long have you lived in Jersey City?

+100 LOL. You are too much jerseymom, so right on target. I might just have to read each and every one of your 1098 posts. Thank God there's intelligent life out there!

Posted on: 2015/9/4 20:03

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:

But you left out the part about the sanitation worker cheerily doffing his cap while he munched on the complimentary scone offered to him by the previous merchant he tried to shake down.

"Tried" would mean he was unsuccessful, So how did he get the scone out of it? Through "intimidation" , come on. I've been witness to many businesses willfully giving to the garbage men to pick up their stops, saves the hassle & money of finding a private pick-up. Again no one is saying the allegations are false. And I've lived in 07305 all of my life. How long have you? You act surprised & appalled when you should know that's the way it's been done for years going back to Waste Management. You really think they're in every single business trying to strong arm the owner into bribes for pick-ups? We would have hundreds of more cases just like this. "Here's a few waters Gatorade or some food, take my stuff on the arm" once again to avoid their own expensive commercial stop fees. Not saying it's the right way to go about things. Just stating what's been easily seen for years !

Posted on: 2015/9/4 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/4 19:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Lol trolling. I clearly said 10 times previously that no one is defending anyone & that the allegations probably aren't untrue. All I simply said was the situation helped his business with free advertisement, & I'm not the only one who seems to think so as I peruse the other forums with the story where I'm not involved in the dialogue. So call it what you want. Yes what happened was wrong & shouldn't be tolerated, but the fact that the story was made all "mob-like" that they "physically intimidated" the bartender is an over-dramatization of some JO coming in and saying he wants free beer in exchange for their pick-up. In no way did I see anyone "intimidated", not like you had Silvio & Paulie in there breaking fingers saying we'll be back next week. Let's be real here.

But you aren't being real. The story is not just "some JO coming in and saying he wants free beer in exchange for their pick-up."

The only reason he went public is because when he complained to the JCIA about it, they allegedly threatened to send city inspectors after him.

That's the real story IMO, and it's getting swept right under the rug.

Indeed.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 18:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
I'm not putting the bribes past the garbage men, knowing the city law & that businesses are required to get their own disposal, it's safe to say it's probable. Although the rest of the story, of being "physically intimidated" & the whole way it was put out there, seems like an obvious media-driven overspun exaggerated cry for attention. Point blank. All press is good press. Let's see how much more business Pint gets now after these shenanigans. More power to em'.

Why does it seem obvious that the owner would lie about city corruption? Why put a target on your back? For publicity? That's pretty risky and overly calculated.

I never said he was lying. Holy shit do any of you people know how to read? I said it was more then probable that the allegations were true. But the over-dramatization of them trying to make it seem like a bad episode of the Sopranos? That's the obvious part. It probably went something like this:

& here we are. I didn't find that video intimidating at all, although opinions differ & I'm aware of that. all I simply stated was why weren't the cops called right there on that night? If he was so afraid Silvio and Paulie were coming to shake him down? Why didn't he lock up the bar, call his boss & the police right then and there. Isn't that the logical thing? The circumstances make it seem calculated. AGAIN, not saying the allegations are untrue. but is Wolf smart enough to see the benefit in a situation like this? I think so. Free ink, advertisement, bar name in the paper and on the news, it's crazy that very few of you see that.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Lol trolling. I clearly said 10 times previously that no one is defending anyone & that the allegations probably aren't untrue. All I simply said was the situation helped his business with free advertisement, & I'm not the only one who seems to think so as I peruse the other forums with the story where I'm not involved in the dialogue. So call it what you want. Yes what happened was wrong & shouldn't be tolerated, but the fact that the story was made all "mob-like" that they "physically intimidated" the bartender is an over-dramatization of some JO coming in and saying he wants free beer in exchange for their pick-up. In no way did I see anyone "intimidated", not like you had Silvio & Paulie in there breaking fingers saying we'll be back next week. Let's be real here.

But you aren't being real. The story is not just "some JO coming in and saying he wants free beer in exchange for their pick-up."

The only reason he went public is because when he complained to the JCIA about it, they allegedly threatened to send city inspectors after him.

That's the real story IMO, and it's getting swept right under the rug.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 18:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/4 18:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/4 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
+1 . And what is really interesting is the electronic trail here as well... Plus ca change...

So, since these new users are so willing to bring alternatives scenarios here would they be available to provide factual information to any investigation? Put these on the record on Candice fb account for example? Personally I would love to have Judge JerseyMom calling the shot (pun intended) in the end.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Can we stop feeding the troll who has had an account for like ...a day and it's only been used to get people riled up with half baked conspiracy theories? Anyone who has been around downtown long enough knows Pint and knows this dumbass's perception of the owner is completely baseless. Sounds like someone who works for the garbage company can't let it go that someone actually stood up to them and stopped taking their shit. There's already been two poster's in here with no JCLIST history blindly defending the sanitation department - none of us are that new to the internet that we don't recognize this move.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 12:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/4 6:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
I have 170 posts, you have 11. Fuck off, wahhhhh no one hit on me tonight. Please.

Direct quote from the original post on Wolfs Facebook page. "He attempts to physically intimidate the bartender while demanding bribes".

The fact your getting so upset is very funny to me. Lolol. Like really. Get over yourself. Once again nobody is defending anyone as I've said 10 times before. Just stating what's easily seen.

Didn't I ask where this was coming from HOURS ago?? Thank you for finally telling me. Duh

I don't really get why you made a point of the bartenders age & the legal age of him being a bartender? What does that have to do with anything? Or him not being "a fighter", your points are baseless. So because of his age & that he's not a "fighter" , that should stop him from calling the cops the minute it happened? If you were honestly fearing for your well-being, you wouldn't call the police right then and there? I'm not buying it.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 6:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
I have 170 posts, you have 11. Fuck off, wahhhhh no one hit on me tonight. Please.

Direct quote from the original post on Wolfs Facebook page. "He attempts to physically intimidate the bartender while demanding bribes".

The fact your getting so upset is very funny to me. Lolol. Like really. Get over yourself. Once again nobody is defending anyone as I've said 10 times before. Just stating what's easily seen.

Didn't I ask where this was coming from HOURS ago?? Thank you for finally telling me. Duh

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So scared and intimidated??? You are a insane schmuck. Where did anyone say this???? Holy Christ.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Scared or intimidated, I'll ask AGAIN where you got this from. Where are you getting this from? My post days ago, again I will state I am a woman and it looked intimidating. Wtf are you a moron?

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:32

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
Quote:

JC_user611 wrote:
I don't believe there was ulterior motives from the bar owner besides maybe some free advertisement , I do believe however that the situation was blew out of proportion on purpose for that precise reason. Why wasn't the bartender interviewed or give a statement as to what happened? It looks the owner saw an opportunity and ran with it. In light of everything going on at the JCIA the last couple months, I can't say it was a bad idea.

Blown out of proportion??? Lmfao ok. I won't pick your shit up unless you give me liquor. You are a brilliant peach.

Are you clinically brain dead? Or just slow? I can't tell. If you actually read what I said, in no way did I defend or condone the actions of the employee which I repeated numerous times. All I did was simply state the reality of businesses putting out their garbage with residential garbage to avoid paying their own commercial stop fees. And state the obvious that if the employee was so scared & intimidated, why not call police on the spot for? Is that not what they're there for? Try looking at it from an unbiased point of view rather then as a patron from a bar you obviously frequent that's near where you live. I'm simply stating different perspectives. I don't understand why your getting all upset for.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yep, troll. Enjoy your sexless life turd. Did you get shot down too many times? Dork

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:19

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Greenville JC
Group:
Registered Users
You obviously don't have the reading comprehension skills for debates sake. Good day miss.

Posted on: 2015/9/4 5:16

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017