Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Matthew Kopko. Assembly candidate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Jeez, one guy is an upstanding citizen, an officer of the court, and the other a convicted felon who stole millions of dollars from Hudson County taxpayers, spent time in jail, violated parole, went back to jail, and has paid less than $400 of an almost six figure judgment.

If there is a difference of opinion on what happened who would anyone but a moron believe?

...or I was there and have eyes. Upstanding as he may be, and I know nothing to say that Kopko is a criminal like McKnight, comparing himself to MLK and making accusations this dramatic is a bit absurd.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 21:59
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Jeez, one guy is an upstanding citizen, an officer of the court, and the other a convicted felon who stole millions of dollars from Hudson County taxpayers, spent time in jail, violated parole, went back to jail, and has paid less than $400 of an almost six figure judgment.

If there is a difference of opinion on what happened who would anyone but a moron believe?

Posted on: 2015/8/23 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I wish I understand your point, Pebble, but I don't. Matthew Kopko is running for the 31st District which includes most of downtown. I thought people would like to know what is going on with a candidate.

I didn't see what Kopko is claiming to have occurred. He is also comparing himself to MLK, which is laughable.

He's yet another that's born on third base and thinks he hit a triple...

Posted on: 2015/8/23 18:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I wish I understand your point, Pebble, but I don't. Matthew Kopko is running for the 31st District which includes most of downtown. I thought people would like to know what is going on with a candidate.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne Balcer, just like Martin Luther King. Just. Like.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 15:15
Dos A Cero

Matthew Kopko. Assembly candidate
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Matthew Kopko posted this on facebook:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
PHYSICAL THREATS FOR MY SAFETY AT A CHILDREN'S FESTIVAL
Friends, today I had a most unfortunate incident occur all at the hands a former convicted criminal, Eugene McKnight, who was with my opponents Angela McKnight and Nick Chiaravalloti today at the Astor Place Neighborhood Association's Celebration of Family day.
I was invited by the event's organizers to attend, and it was a lovely time. I watched some local dance groups, learned some sign language with Thyson T Halley, learned about educational and consumer safety opportunities, and then Angela and Eugene arrived. Eugene McKnight approached me and proceeded to stare my way in an attempt to intimidate me.
Minutes later, while I was playing catch with some young boys, two large men came up to me and threatened my personal safety. They said I was not welcome there, that I better leave, and that if I didn't, physical harm could come to me. Those men were later found hiding behind Eugene.
Folks, this is the state of politics in Hudson county. I have made great strides to help the people mobilize for positive change, speaking truth to power and helping to find solutions to very difficult problems within the community, yet those who hold power will stop at nothing in order to keep from losing it.
I will not be intimidated, nor will I stop in exposing the wrongdoings of those who abuse our trust. These people do not, nor have they ever, had your best interest at heart. For them it's all about themselves, not the people they are supposed to represent.
I will stand strong and will continue to fight the good fight, because as Dr Martin Luther King said, "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
As always I thank for your continual support and friendship.

Posted on: 2015/8/23 2:24

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017