Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anti-gay Jesus freak screaming at people downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

Christine wrote:
Don't take chances. You never know when someone will snap.
Be safe!

Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
Does anyone know the story with this guy who hangs around the baptist church on 4th and Jersey and screams about sending homosexuals to the lake of fire?

I've had several friendly conversations with him in passing and he joked about the weather and invited me to church. But lately, he's been going around the neighborhood screaming about how all homosexuals are going to hell. Today he practically screamed right in my sleeping baby's face as my husband was pushing him in the stroller.

It seems like his behavior is getting more extreme and I am a little concerned that he might be dangerous.

Its true. Growing up there was Old Man Marley in my hood.. He was called "the South Bend Shovel Slayer", and was said to have murdered his family and half of the people on the block with a snow shovel back in 1958. He was also said to have kept his victims in his garbage can full of salt, and that the salt was supposed to have turned the dead bodies into mummies.

You are crazy for listening to Buzz, he's a known liar and jerk, and his girlfriend,.... WOOF!!!!

Posted on: 2015/8/19 17:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/26 14:00
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:

Its true. Growing up there was Old Man Marley in my hood.. He was called "the South Bend Shovel Slayer", and was said to have murdered his family and half of the people on the block with a snow shovel back in 1958. He was also said to have kept his victims in his garbage can full of salt, and that the salt was supposed to have turned the dead bodies into mummies.

I remember Marley - he was actually a really nice man. It's sad about what happened between him and his son.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Christine wrote:
Don't take chances. You never know when someone will snap.
Be safe!

Quote:

jcgurl wrote:
Does anyone know the story with this guy who hangs around the baptist church on 4th and Jersey and screams about sending homosexuals to the lake of fire?

I've had several friendly conversations with him in passing and he joked about the weather and invited me to church. But lately, he's been going around the neighborhood screaming about how all homosexuals are going to hell. Today he practically screamed right in my sleeping baby's face as my husband was pushing him in the stroller.

It seems like his behavior is getting more extreme and I am a little concerned that he might be dangerous.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/25 7:33
Group:
Registered Users
It's one thing when it's just you and your husband but the thought of running into someone unstable with a baby is too scary! I would see if you could get police to pick him up and get him evaluated. I would hate to think of you being alone with the baby and running into this guy. Don't take chances. You never know when someone will snap.
Be safe!

Quote:

jcgurl wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/18 20:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, this is the guy who sweeps and shovels snow in front of the church. Never saw him with a guitar. He's a short-ish, not too old (40s? 50s?) Latino guy with a mustache and baseball hat.

Until recently, my encounters with him have always been friendly. Once, we had a very brief conversation about the weather as I was passing by. I said it looked like rain and asked him if he'd heard a weather forecast. He said, "Let me ask the boss" and took off his baseball cap. Underneath it, he was wearing another baseball cap that said something like "Jesus is my boss" and he sort of rolled his eyes up toward the message on the hat and laughed and said he didn't know.

It's unfortunate he feels the need to spew his hateful message, so loudly because he's always seemed likable (if quirky) and harmless otherwise.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
No no no, you're talking about a different guy.

That guy is 100% harmless and is my favorite resident of downtown. He's completely approachable and you can break him out of his screaming rants if you just go calmly talk to him.

My other favorite thing about him is that if you listen to his ranting, he's totally right about everything.

Once I saw a woman trying to squeeze a car into a space on my block he walked up and starting wildly gesturing and yelling, "You cannot park there! You can't park anywhere! There is no more parking in Jersey City!"

That is a factual statement.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 11:52

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/3 15:29
Group:
Registered Users
I think I know who this fellow is. 5'7"-ish, skinny, short grey hair. He cleans up around the church. I've seen him with a broom sweeping the gutters and he's turned up on our block (ranting) occasionally.

I don't wish him specific harm, but I have definitely felt uncomfortable with him on the block. He had a run where our block was his regular spot and sat out waiting to see what would happen.

I choose to classify him as aggressive-harmless and suspect that's generous. As the town has less patience for such characters (good riddance to the drunks outside the pharmacy/liquor store on Newark), they will have fewer places to be, for better or worse.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 4:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Mike Huckabee ?

Posted on: 2015/8/18 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The idiot with the guitar that sits in front of Paradise deli? I've had to tell him to fuck off in the past, but I'd say he's more passive aggressive than anything.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Interesting. I live very close by and haven't seen this guy in that location before. Based on the description I wonder if this is Angel, the evangelist I've seen/talked with at Future Restaurant and on Newark Ave in the past. Angel didn't seem very hostile though.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/8/17 22:06
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Was Yvonne spotted nearby cheering the nut on...?

Posted on: 2015/8/17 21:01
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
He's physically harmless, but that doesn't mean I don't wish death upon him.

Does that make sense?

You two nuts would get along just fine.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
He's physically harmless, but that doesn't mean I don't wish death upon him.

Does that make sense?

Posted on: 2015/8/17 19:36

Anti-gay Jesus freak screaming at people downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/17 19:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017