Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
136 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 136

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Apple /PC computer help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Brewster has exactly the right suggestion if you're willing to DIY. Your Mac can read both Fat32 and NTFS drives from Windows PCs.

But if you want professional help I'd be happy to help. I run my own business doing IT Support for small/medium businesses. I'm also in the VVP area and already have the drive adapters. Tons of local references-

Posted on: 2015/7/14 12:07

Re: Apple /PC computer help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

caps wrote:
i have an old desktop from 2003 dell and a laptop from 2005 dell as well. I'm getting a MacBook and want move all my stuff over but it's such a daunting task to think about. I'm not
Computer illiterate but I just don't have the time. Anyone know someone that can take care of such a task that is reasonable I'm trying to avoid geek squad and places like that. Bottom line I want my files moved and perhaps a couple programs I just don't have the time to spend on it. Looking for a local computer genius so to speak that understands both PC and Apple. Thanks.

Buy a $20 SATA/PATA to USB external adapter that comes with a power supply. Pull your drives. plug it in, copy your files.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product ... er-_-12-156-017-_-Product

Every time my mom has hired someone she'd ended up with malware of some kind. I think they get paid to put on Ask search bars and such.

Posted on: 2015/7/14 3:46

Apple /PC computer help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
i have an old desktop from 2003 dell and a laptop from 2005 dell as well. I'm getting a MacBook and want move all my stuff over but it's such a daunting task to think about. I'm not
Computer illiterate but I just don't have the time. Anyone know someone that can take care of such a task that is reasonable I'm trying to avoid geek squad and places like that. Bottom line I want my files moved and perhaps a couple programs I just don't have the time to spend on it. Looking for a local computer genius so to speak that understands both PC and Apple. Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/7/14 2:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017