Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

Re: F Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/19 15:21
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
I mean, it's been painfully obvious through simple common sense that yea, I am the superior person in these particular exchanges, but that's mainly because the communication skills exhibited by the pair of you has been so woefully low that your average high schooler looks like Einstein in comparison. When the bar is so low, any person who exhibits the slightest amount of normalcy ends up looking like gold.

Let's get back to the original rant that derailed this thread. Maybe either of you bird-named folks can elucidate here.

I'll paraphrase for brevity's sake.
{owlie} i hate the options in jc. hoboken is much better because of reasons that aren't really even accurate. had to go to WF & TJ in edgewater saturday.

{me} this makes no sense. here are 3 options: oddball vegetables/fish. standard anti-shoprite person with not-so-vaguely racist/classist views. hate money.

{owlie} omg ur a mean racist wtf i don't do either 1 or 2

{other person} don't forget butcher

{me} good point on the butcher. not what owlie said, but good answer. clearly his/her answer is 3.

Let's end there for the moment. Ignore the flouncing and attempts to rewrite what was actually typed out.

So. In the interest of having a simple conversation and putting aside your inability to type out coherent sentences that work with the sentences typed earlier, I posit a simple question... what is it about the WF/TJ that would make you want to leave the confines of DTJC to schlep a good half-hour to an hour each way to get groceries?

I can think of (now) 4 answers to this question. Five if you simply mis-spoke/typed and that line of "I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday." does not mean what it says.

Keep up the good work broski! You've won the internet today! You are officially the man and the most superior person on JClist (possibly the tri-state area)! Woop woop!

Posted on: 2015/8/20 15:29

F Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I mean, it's been painfully obvious through simple common sense that yea, I am the superior person in these particular exchanges, but that's mainly because the communication skills exhibited by the pair of you has been so woefully low that your average high schooler looks like Einstein in comparison. When the bar is so low, any person who exhibits the slightest amount of normalcy ends up looking like gold.

Let's get back to the original rant that derailed this thread. Maybe either of you bird-named folks can elucidate here.

I'll paraphrase for brevity's sake.
{owlie} i hate the options in jc. hoboken is much better because of reasons that aren't really even accurate. had to go to WF & TJ in edgewater saturday.

{me} this makes no sense. here are 3 options: oddball vegetables/fish. standard anti-shoprite person with not-so-vaguely racist/classist views. hate money.

{owlie} omg ur a mean racist wtf i don't do either 1 or 2

{other person} don't forget butcher

{me} good point on the butcher. not what owlie said, but good answer. clearly his/her answer is 3.

Let's end there for the moment. Ignore the flouncing and attempts to rewrite what was actually typed out.

So. In the interest of having a simple conversation and putting aside your inability to type out coherent sentences that work with the sentences typed earlier, I posit a simple question... what is it about the WF/TJ that would make you want to leave the confines of DTJC to schlep a good half-hour to an hour each way to get groceries?

I can think of (now) 4 answers to this question. Five if you simply mis-spoke/typed and that line of "I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday." does not mean what it says.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 15:17

Re: Please Help Prato Bakery
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
I like how no one can answer the question or simply admit that they mispoke. Instead it's deflection and turning into little kids. Good on you, broski.

There's no shame in being a superior individual! Own up to it broski! Say it loud and proud that you're the man! You're certainly the ultimate internet warrior! Keep up the good fight!

Posted on: 2015/8/20 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I like how no one can answer the question or simply admit that they mispoke. Instead it's deflection and turning into little kids. Good on you, broski.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
They're sold at the WF and TJ in Edgewater? Because that's where we started at.

Quote:
You actually said, and I quote: "I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday. "

You're the man! So superior! Woop woop!

Posted on: 2015/8/20 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They're sold at the WF and TJ in Edgewater? Because that's where we started at.

Quote:
You actually said, and I quote: "I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday. "

Posted on: 2015/8/20 14:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
i also like that the word "bully" is now thrown around when someone gets caught saying something stupid and is called out on it.

Honestly, I don't think I'm trying to look superior in this instance, because you've worked very hard at making yourself look inferior. It just worked out that way.

Ok Cory....we all know you're superior and always right...move on with your life. We're tired of seeing your idiocy pop up every post on this thread. Also, any fool could rattle off any number of ethnic foods in Edgewater that you can't buy here. Namely Japanese or Korean. Are you satisfied yet? You superior being you.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 12:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
i also like that the word "bully" is now thrown around when someone gets caught saying something stupid and is called out on it.

Honestly, I don't think I'm trying to look superior in this instance, because you've worked very hard at making yourself look inferior. It just worked out that way.

Posted on: 2015/8/20 5:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Seagull wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:
I said I was going to Edgewater. It's too bad people are "stumped as to what you would need to go there for." I was going for some "oddball" ethnic food that I was raised on

New question, what traditional ethnic foods do the TJ's and WF's in edgewater sell that you can't get here? I'm always down for trying something I may not have tried before.

this has grown tiresome.

+1

Seriously. The one thing I feel like downtown is missing is a fresh seafood place, but I have bought seafood from Shop Rite, La Conga and Key Food and haven't died. I don't understand this fucking need for a TJ'S or WF's here. All grocery stores suck as does food shopping and doing laundry. Christ. Also I hate, HATE Prato because of this thread, never been there but don't care. It's not near me so who fucking cares. My god, when you get caught doing something you shouldn't you get punished. Prato has people clamoring for them, if this was a Puerto Rican coffee shop half you would be outside with brooms and burning shit. Ughhhhhhhhh its jersey city you assholes, not smoke rise or Franklin Lakes

Posted on: 2015/8/20 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:
I said I was going to Edgewater. It's too bad people are "stumped as to what you would need to go there for." I was going for some "oddball" ethnic food that I was raised on

New question, what traditional ethnic foods do the TJ's and WF's in edgewater sell that you can't get here? I'm always down for trying something I may not have tried before.

this has grown tiresome.

+1

Posted on: 2015/8/19 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:

this has grown tiresome.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/4 8:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
right, so we've established that you hate money, can't communicate your thoughts properly and hate it when people use your own words to ask questions regarding said words.

duly noted.

Too bad you don't like hearing what other people have to say and think it makes you look superior to try and belittle others. You started personal attacks because you didn't like what I said. The fact is I don't have to answer any of your questions. I don't owe YOU any further explanation. You are a known bully and I refuse to be bullied by you.
Good day corybraiterman

Posted on: 2015/8/19 18:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
right, so we've established that you hate money, can't communicate your thoughts properly and hate it when people use your own words to ask questions regarding said words.

duly noted.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:

Enough already corybraiterman. You seem to be rather intrusive as well as being a bully.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/19 14:47

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/19 19:16
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Maloney's is an excellent butcher up the hill on Newark Ave.

Truglio's is Hoboken is also top notch.

No need to go to out of your way to overpriced mediocre butchers in Manhattan

Posted on: 2015/8/19 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/15 0:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

unless you REALLY want some oddball particular vegetable or fish (the last one is kind of a bummer, since a good fish market would be more than welcome), i'm honestly stumped as to what you would need to go there for.

are you one of those suckers that buys organic everything? do you detest all the poor minority people that go to shoprite? do you just hate money?

Personally, I would rather go to an actual butcher shop, but since all the good ones in NYC close at like 6pm, I tended to rely on Whole Foods for decent, yet overpriced, dry aged steaks and the like. There's really nowhere around to buy good meat, which kinda sucks. I wonder how good Carrino's beef is.

Check out the meat and fish at Le District next to the Palm Court at Brookfield Place (ne' World Financial Center). I've been pleased with what I've gotten there.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 12:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
What are you jumping on the attack wagon for?

lol... My post is pretty mild, especially by JC List standards. ;)

Most of my post is asking for clarifications for what seem to be, well, unjustified expectations. Not to mention it was you who characterized ShopRite as "damned annoying," for the crime of... being an ordinary supermarket.

My question was not "why do you shop at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods"? Rather, the questions and observations are...

? The grocery options in DTJC are perfectly typical, and not much different than what you get in most big cities and affluent suburbs. E.g. there are only 2 Trader Joe's in Manhattan, 1 Trader Joe's in all of Brooklyn, and 1 in Queens; the populations of those boroughs are an order of magnitude larger than all of JC. There's only a handful of Whole Foods in northern NJ.

So, what does DTJC lack, that is presumably so common that its absence is inexcusable? If the answer is a handful of unspecified ethnic foods, that hardly seems like an indication of a woeful shortcoming.

? What type of shops are in Hoboken (which is more affluent, and gentrified longer than DTJC) that are not in DTJC? Or were you just mesmerized by your first exposure to Washington? (Those of us who have lived in Hoboken are slightly less mesmerized... and know it's a handful of shops, btw.)

By the way, does Hoboken have the same Indian grocery shops and stores as up on Newark Avenue? Does Bayonne or Edgewater have anything like that? Does Hoboken have a big Cuban community like Union City? Does midtown Manhattan have a Mitsuwa?

? Yet again, DTJC is adding retail; and Hoboken has added a ton of residential without adding much retail (or parking). Those of us who've lived in the area for awhile know this.

I don't think I missed any part of what you were saying. I just don't think your opinions make a lot of sense and/or don't seem to be well informed.

Posted on: 2015/8/19 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:
All I was saying is we need more choices.

OK then. What, exactly, do you need?

Hoboken doesn't have a Whole Foods, or Trader Joe's, or Target, or Staples, or Home Depot.

Hoboken isn't sitting right next to a suburban-style mall.

You do realize that many new residential buildings that are built in DTJC do, in fact, have ground floor retail?

You do know that over the years, Hoboken has built numerous residential towers and complexes, without adding retail?

Does Hoboken actually have more retail per capita than DTJC?

DTJC has a similar variety of retail establishments as Hoboken -- restaurants, groceries, clothing stores, bookstores, bike shop, etc -- and given how badly brick & mortar shops are getting slaughtered these days, that's not too shabby.

ShopRite is a typical NJ supermarket. Key Foods is smaller but still has a pretty good variety of foods, including fresh veggies and fruit. There's a bunch of smaller groceries, including La Conga. What, exactly, are these shops missing that you find so distressing?

What are you jumping on the attack wagon for? I said I was going to Edgewater. It's too bad people are "stumped as to what you would need to go there for." I was going for some "oddball" ethnic food that I was raised on which I can't get in either JC or Hoboken. I don't find anything to be "distressing". I know where to go to find my "oddball" ethnic food since it can't be found in JC. Thank you both for missing the point of what I was saying.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JcDevil wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

unless you REALLY want some oddball particular vegetable or fish (the last one is kind of a bummer, since a good fish market would be more than welcome), i'm honestly stumped as to what you would need to go there for.

are you one of those suckers that buys organic everything? do you detest all the poor minority people that go to shoprite? do you just hate money?

Personally, I would rather go to an actual butcher shop, but since all the good ones in NYC close at like 6pm, I tended to rely on Whole Foods for decent, yet overpriced, dry aged steaks and the like. There's really nowhere around to buy good meat, which kinda sucks. I wonder how good Carrino's beef is.

Yea, butchers tend to close early, Moloneys closes at 6, too. Can't argue that one as well, I suppose. Doesn't seem to be the reason with owlie, either, but "butcher" isn't a bad answer.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 21:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:

#1. I do not buy everything organic

OK, that's choice 1
Quote:
#2. What minorities are you referring to that go to shoprite? ( I go to shoprite as well; perhaps that simply annoys you since, for all you know I could be one of the minorities YOU detest?)

You have apparently never read any of the multitude of SR threads on here where detractors mention the "people who shop there" as a reason they never shop there. You would also have noted from my post that I got to SR all the time, and silly on me for assuming you'd read those threads, but I defend SR from the people who dislike it and "the people who shop there". Since you HAD to go all the way up to edgewater for your precious groceries, and have stated it isn't for the all organic BS, and either a) got so overly offended by the insinuation that you're one of the constant whiners about "those people who go to shoprite" or b) actually believe that, then the answer is clearly the third choice I put in.

You hate money. Consider shipping some my way next time if you just want to light it on fire, I'll use it for good.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/5 16:03
From PAD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

Posted on: 2015/8/18 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/14 1:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:

OK then. What, exactly, do you need?

Hoboken doesn't have a Whole Foods, or Trader Joe's, or Target, or Staples, or Home Depot.

Hoboken isn't sitting right next to a suburban-style mall.

You do realize that many new residential buildings that are built in DTJC do, in fact, have ground floor retail?

You do know that over the years, Hoboken has built numerous residential towers and complexes, without adding retail?

Does Hoboken actually have more retail per capita than DTJC?

DTJC has a similar variety of retail establishments as Hoboken -- restaurants, groceries, clothing stores, bookstores, bike shop, etc -- and given how badly brick & mortar shops are getting slaughtered these days, that's not too shabby.

ShopRite is a typical NJ supermarket. Key Foods is smaller but still has a pretty good variety of foods, including fresh veggies and fruit. There's a bunch of smaller groceries, including La Conga. What, exactly, are these shops missing that you find so distressing?

Posted on: 2015/8/18 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
LOL @ you corybraiterman.
"are you one of those suckers that buys organic everything? do you detest all the poor minority people that go to shoprite?

REALLY? To answer some of your ridiculous questions:
#1. I do not buy everything organic
#2. What minorities are you referring to that go to shoprite? ( I go to shoprite as well; perhaps that simply annoys you since, for all you know I could be one of the minorities YOU detest?) Every time you point out a falsehood about someone else, it says something about what your real motives are.

All you are saying is what you always say...and it's never good or positive or uplifting. You like to attack people for having different points of view.
I want more choices for everyone.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

owlie wrote:
For me, one of the biggest problems in JC is that it is definitely lacking in stores and amenities. I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday. While driving there, I am always amazed that we are so close in proximity to Hoboken where there are SO many places to shop, dine, drink and play. All we do in Jersey City is to continue to build high-rise apartments without providing new stores to accommodate all the new residents. It's damn annoying that I have to go elsewhere to shop because Shop-rite is not big enough for all of Jersey City. The city should be offering tax incentives to attract businesses which would enhance this city. I think every new building that gets approved should provide retail space on the first floor. (end of rant).

OK what's in Hoboken ?

clothing boutiques, housewares, shoe stores, eyeglass shops, baby stuff, running gear, a pretty sizable health food store, gourmet supermarket, antique stores, jewelers, a print shop....

that's just off the top of my head.

Posted on: 2015/8/18 0:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

owlie wrote:
For me, one of the biggest problems in JC is that it is definitely lacking in stores and amenities. I had to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joe's in Edgewater Saturday. While driving there, I am always amazed that we are so close in proximity to Hoboken where there are SO many places to shop, dine, drink and play. All we do in Jersey City is to continue to build high-rise apartments without providing new stores to accommodate all the new residents. It's damn annoying that I have to go elsewhere to shop because Shop-rite is not big enough for all of Jersey City. The city should be offering tax incentives to attract businesses which would enhance this city. I think every new building that gets approved should provide retail space on the first floor. (end of rant).

OK what's in Hoboken ?

Posted on: 2015/8/18 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The cafe ordinance was approved. It's a start.

And shopping a whole foods instead of shop rite implies you're a racist that hates minorities, wait what?! Jersey City is one of the most diverse communities in the country.

Posted on: 2015/8/17 22:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
the amount of times i've wanted to go shopping at whole foods over shoprite or the local markets... i can count them on one hand and have fingers left over. hell, given the quality of delivery options, there's even less of a reason

Posted on: 2015/8/17 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/8/17 19:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
This assumes that people have done more work on their home than on the record. People of course would be infuriated at this assumption but it could be easily disproved through inspection. I agree that it is questionable but carrots are sometimes better than sticks. If you have an alternative to ensure 100% compliance please volunteer.

Posted on: 2015/8/12 0:28

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 10 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017