Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Charleston Church Shooting Suspect, Dylann Storm Roof, Captured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
I say death penalty, but not state-sanctioned - I don't think a faceless government should be taking a human life. A family member of one of the murdered victims volunteers to shoot him in the head. Get a conviction, execute him. If no one has the will do it , he lives.

Interesting idea. One of the few things that Muslim countries do right is finding an appropriate punishment to heinous crimes.

For a recent example, in Iran, some scumbag threw acid in a woman's face, permanently disfiguring her and blinding her in one eye. Here, all we'd do is put the guy in jail for a long time. Over there, once getting a conviction, they gave the girl the option of gouging out both of his eyes. The victim can inflict the punishment herself, or have a doctor do it.

His total sentence was 10 years in jail, payment of money to the victim (here the money goes to the government where it surely will be wasted), and blindness in both eyes.

As it turns out, after the criminal begged and pleaded with the woman, she gave him 6 months so she could decide whether she wanted his other eye to be removed.

Also, under Iranian law, the victim has the option of not inflicting any physical punishment on the criminal. He is allowed to beg for mercy and then it is up to the victim. If the victim is killed, the victim's family can carry out the punishment. Usually they are sentenced to be hung, standing on a chair with a noose over their neck, and the victim's family can push away the chair. If the family decides to spare him, they will slap him in the face and walk away.

I like putting punishment in the hands of the victim far better than some judge.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wor ... acid-attack-10091523.html

Posted on: 2015/6/21 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
...I would much prefer he be put somewhere in gen pop. He can do hard labor and be an actual productive cog of society. Chain gang fixing up roads, cleaning up streets and sewers. I don't know if they still have these arrangements though, probably too much of a security risk.

He would last about 2 minutes in general population. He'll be in ad seg (isolation) for his own safety for the long term future.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I say death penalty, but not state-sanctioned - I don't think a faceless government should be taking a human life. A family member of one of the murdered victims volunteers to shoot him in the head. Get a conviction, execute him. If no one has the will do it , he lives.

Posted on: 2015/6/21 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
If it can be carried out swiftly and without added cost to the taxpayer? Go for it. I doubt that's going to happen though because we are a country that follows due process and this guy will be in death row until he runs out of appeals for however long that takes. The way it is done now, sentencing someone to death is too costly.

I would much prefer he be put somewhere in gen pop. He can do hard labor and be an actual productive cog of society. Chain gang fixing up roads, cleaning up streets and sewers. I don't know if they still have these arrangements though, probably too much of a security risk.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 18:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i am no fan of the death penalty, but if it can be proved with certainty that someone intentionally killed another, then i say "why not"

Yeah, in abstract I feel the same way, but then you read about what is considered "certainty" in FL or TX, and the lawbreaking sworn officers of the court will do to get someone on death row. The next frontier after exposing law enforcement murdering with guns is exposing them murdering with pens.

We aren't talking about the abstract. We are talking about this particular case.

People who are normally opposed to the death penalty, have you reconsidered? If given the option, would you vote to have Dylann Storm Roof put to death?

Posted on: 2015/6/20 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i am no fan of the death penalty, but if it can be proved with certainty that someone intentionally killed another, then i say "why not"

Yeah, in abstract I feel the same way, but then you read about what is considered "certainty" in FL or TX, and the lawbreaking sworn officers of the court will do to get someone on death row. The next frontier after exposing law enforcement murdering with guns is exposing them murdering with pens.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

smh

Posted on: 2015/6/20 16:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/3 19:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I personally think that a life sentence without the possibility of parole is a much more severe punishment (and I know it's cheaper than execution).

He could live 60 or more years, given his age. It's what, 50K/year to incarcerate someone. It's cheaper to keep him in a cell, feed him, give him medical attention, etc over that time than killing him??

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/27/ ... lty-killer-state-budgets/

Posted on: 2015/6/20 9:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
I personally think that a life sentence without the possibility of parole is a much more severe punishment (and I know it's cheaper than execution).

He could live 60 or more years, given his age. It's what, 50K/year to incarcerate someone. It's cheaper to keep him in a cell, feed him, give him medical attention, etc over that time than killing him??

Yeah. Not sure how Atsushi reached the conclusion that it would be cheaper to house an inmate than executing him. This is a very young criminal. He will likely live another 50+ years. The state of SC is looking at a huge expenditure to house him. If the feds get him, it will be much higher.
i am no fan of the death penalty, but if it can be proved witth certainty that someone intentionally killed another, then i say "why not"

Posted on: 2015/6/20 9:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Yeah. Not sure how Atsushi reached the conclusion that it would be cheaper to house an inmate than executing him. This is a very young criminal. He will likely live another 50+ years. The state of SC is looking at a huge expenditure to house him. If the feds get him, it will be much higher.

Posted on: 2015/6/20 0:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:

Posted on: 2015/6/19 23:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/19 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
It's nice to read his uncle saying he'd throw the switch on the electric chair, though.

Posted on: 2015/6/19 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
One odd thing was this guy had multiple blacks on his friends list on Facebook.

You can't see it now.. Facebook pulled his account and deleted any post referencing it.
were they truly his friends, or show friends? imo, it is not only a hate crime, but a terrorist act.

Posted on: 2015/6/19 4:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
4/15 15:15
Group:
Registered Users
One odd thing was this guy had multiple blacks on his friends list on Facebook.

You can't see it now.. Facebook pulled his account and deleted any post referencing it.

Posted on: 2015/6/19 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
By JASON HOROWITZ, NICK CORASANITI and RICHARD P?REZ-PE?A JUNE 18, 2015

The man suspected of killing nine people at a prayer meeting at a historic black church in this city?s downtown area was caught on Thursday some 200 miles away in North Carolina, local and federal officials said.

After an intensive, 14-hour manhunt for the man who carried out a massacre that officials are calling racially motivated, Dylann Storm Roof, 21, ?was arrested in Shelby, N.C., during a traffic stop? shortly after 11 a.m., said Greg Mullen, the Charleston police chief.

Story
why is this being treated as a hate crime, and not a terrorist act?

First, this is as classic a hate crime as you can get. Second, he will get the maximum penalty, and this guy's life is over. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

I just hope anyone who opposes the death penalty looks at this case and reconsiders. This guy is the posterchild for why we need it.

Why would that be?

The guy committed such an egregiously heinous act, that mere life in prison isn't enough to punish him.

Posted on: 2015/6/19 2:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

The man suspected of killing nine people at a prayer meeting at a historic black church in this city?s downtown area was caught on Thursday some 200 miles away in North Carolina, local and federal officials said.

After an intensive, 14-hour manhunt for the man who carried out a massacre that officials are calling racially motivated, Dylann Storm Roof, 21, ?was arrested in Shelby, N.C., during a traffic stop? shortly after 11 a.m., said Greg Mullen, the Charleston police chief.

Story

First, this is as classic a hate crime as you can get. Second, he will get the maximum penalty, and this guy's life is over. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

I just hope anyone who opposes the death penalty looks at this case and reconsiders. This guy is the posterchild for why we need it.

Why would that be?

Posted on: 2015/6/19 1:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Story

Posted on: 2015/6/19 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Story

Posted on: 2015/6/19 0:55

Charleston Church Shooting Suspect, Dylann Storm Roof, Captured
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Story

Posted on: 2015/6/18 17:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017