Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: New Residents..Stop Calling Police on Bars & Silencing Church Bells
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

Oh, and those church bells don't bother me either, but they sure could use a tuning.

A well placed BITCH SLAP would make it right for you and your ilk.

That's nice. Are you a friend of the OP? I said I wasn't complaining about the church bells OR the noisy bars, and have NEVER called police about that, asshole.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
I miss the church bells along Erie Street, but figured they mostly came from St. Boniface, which is now condos.

did Grace Church and St. Mary's once have bells, and were they silenced by neighbors?

as a neighbor, this annoys me.

but I WILL still call in when bar patrons start tearing up the neighborhood at 3am. yeah I know, it's a city. but even a lifelong city-dweller (hi!) has his limits.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Setting aside the issue of intelligibility of the OP message, I can definitely agree/understand with the basic sentiment being expressed, and I don't think you have to be an old-timer to agree. I am always puzzled by people who CHOOSE to live somewhere right next to a loud, or noisy, entity and then turn around, feign surprise and dismay and make it their mission in life to change the surroundings into what THEY want. One such example (albeit one I know will not get much sympathy here in JCLIST) is general aviation airports. There are people that have bought land and homes around general aviation airports in the region (there are many examples, particularly Westchester County Airport, and others in NJ) and after moving into their properties, they proceed to harass the airport operators to impose limits on hours of operations, "acceptable" noise levels, etc. These are people that chose to move NEXT TO AN AIRPORT. If you move next to a bar, you have to accept that a certain amount of noise will be part of your life. To move in and then try and get the places shut down is not cool. Of course, no one should have to put up with some of the issues mentioned (patrons peeing outside, vomiting, making a ruckus, etc) but the residents should target those issues and behaviors and not the bar.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
If you live near Van Vorst Park you would hear the sounds of dogs barking 3 am or the sounds of the ambulances returning to the hospital. Then if you live near the Route 139 or the Skyway, you will hear the sounds of blasting at midnight, or the sounds of helicopters past midnight. Many people would love to exchange those sounds for the sounds of church bells.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
The church bells at 6th and Monmouth are electronic and were installed a few years ago. I'm not sure how they are "historic". They were ringing at 8:30 AM this weekend so I'm also not sure when they aren't allowed to ring.

Also, if you're going to dedicate some time to writing a rant about something you care about, basic literacy is a useful skill to help you communicate with others.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Nomorebullcrap wrote:
Hi everyone. I went out this weekend and not just once but twice neighbors called the police on the noise levels at a couple local bars. I won't name the bars...but they are ones that were here before these newbies even knew the words Jersey City. They are bars and it's the weekend. You are wasting the police's time to have them come in for a second asking people to be quiet which doesn't even work...because it's a bar!! Geeee...let me buy a home in proximity of a bar and then complain that the bar is making too much noise....on the weekend! What is wrong with you rats? Holy moly! Get a life! Wow!

I also want to add that the new residents complained about the gorgeous church bells that rung on 6th and Monmouth. That was a beautiful aspect to this area and the newbies complained so much that a church now cannot ring their bells! Their Church Bells!!! Who the heck doesn't like church bells! I'm Jewish and I even love the pretty historic noise they make!

JC Make It Yours...yeah I don't think so! It was everyone's before these douches moved in! Whaaaa the bars make noise...whaaa the church rings it's bells...whaaa whaaa whaaaa...go back to Manhattan or wherever you came from! Holy mackerel!

I live a block & a half away from 2 churches & their beautiful bells have never bothered me. On the other hand, though I do not live in the immediate proximity of a bar, I have been rudely awakened by their drunken patrons returning home with their loud, curse laden talk, peeing in the streets, vomit on the sidewalks, a fight here & there & the area peppered with the occasional fender bender. If the bar's merriment is disturbing your peace & can be heard plainly more than 25 feet away, call, call, call. You are doing yourself, the neighborhood & maybe even the offenders a favor. I've lived in Jersey City over 60 years & I'm neither a newbie or interloper.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 11:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Oh, and those church bells don't bother me either, but they sure could use a tuning.

A well placed BITCH SLAP would make it right for you and your ilk.

Posted on: 2015/6/8 5:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
wQuote:

Nomorebullcrap wrote:
Hi everyone. I went out this weekend and not just once but twice neighbors called the police on the noise levels at a couple local bars. I won't name the bars...but they are ones that were here before these newbies even knew the words Jersey City. They are bars and it's the weekend. You are wasting the police's time to have them come in for a second asking people to be quiet which doesn't even work...because it's a bar!! Geeee...let me buy a home in proximity of a bar and then complain that the bar is making too much noise....on the weekend! What is wrong with you rats? Holy moly! Get a life! Wow!

I also want to add that the new residents complained about the gorgeous church bells that rung on 6th and Monmouth. That was a beautiful aspect to this area and the newbies complained so much that a church now cannot ring their bells! Their Church Bells!!! Who the heck doesn't like church bells! I'm Jewish and I even love the pretty historic noise they make!

JC Make It Yours...yeah I don't think so! It was everyone's before these douches moved in! Whaaaa the bars make noise...whaaa the church rings it's bells...whaaa whaaa whaaaa...go back to Manhattan or wherever you came from! Holy mackerel!

I've been here about 10 years, I suppose that still qualifies me as "new" in your book, one of the "newcomers and interlopers" that people like you and former Mayor Healy despised so much, even though it's a free country, I pay taxes and obey the laws like most other people (of course, Healy didn't always obey the law, but that's another story). I used to live in the neighborhood you mentioned, knew full well what to expect and have NEVER called the police about the noise at the bars or the church bells. I know this isn't some tree-lined heavily residential suburb in Essex County.

Would you rather there be NO demand for real estate in Jersey City with nobody moving in at all and no expansion of the city's tax base, and pay more higher property taxes or rent? Would you rather the stores and restaurants only get business from people who have been here since the 1950s?

Pardon me for being born so late in the 20th century and needing a place to live. I'll move clear out of your way when you walk down the sidewalk, since this place was only built for you and your other friends that were born here or moved in before the internet came into existence. I'm so sorry for being a "newbie".

How do you know these are "newbies" calling the police anyway?

Posted on: 2015/6/8 4:30

New Residents..Stop Calling Police on Bars & Silencing Church Bells
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/16 14:24
From Beirut
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/6/8 3:58

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017