Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jersey City councilman wants private entity to 'take over' Liberty State Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I read the headline then I clicked on it saying to myself " I hope its not Bogiano, I hope its not Bogiano". Oh well. One wonders what other institutions, state run organizations or entities public or private in the city Bogiano will shake his fist at and demand they be "taken over by private concerns". Does a Jersey City Councilperson have juice enough to make the State even notice their displeasure? I may misunderstand the power dynamic at work here but it seams to me that all Bogiano can do is write his congressperson.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:45

Re: Jersey City councilman wants private entity to 'take over' Liberty State Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
fat-ass-bike wrote: Quote:
iGreg wrote: Quote:
Councilman Rich Boggiano
Let's refer to him as "Dick" for convenience: Dick makes a fair point about the park not having decent amenities but the absurd notion of handing it over to a private entity is well in line with his whiny comments about any productive progress within Jersey City approving large scale development projects.
I concur he is a Dick
only in nj would someone recommend that a private entity take over a public park!

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:
Councilman Rich Boggiano

Let's refer to him as "Dick" for convenience:

Dick makes a fair point about the park not having decent amenities but the absurd notion of handing it over to a private entity is well in line with his whiny comments about any productive progress within Jersey City approving large scale development projects.

I concur he is a Dick

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:32
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Councilman Rich Boggiano

Let's refer to him as "Dick" for convenience:

Dick makes a fair point about the park not having decent amenities but the absurd notion of handing it over to a private entity is well in line with his whiny comments about any productive progress within Jersey City approving large scale development projects.

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:29

Jersey City councilman wants private entity to 'take over' Liberty State Park
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City councilman wants private entity to 'take over' Liberty State Park

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal The Jersey Journal 
May 18, 2015 at  5:39 PM

JERSEY CITY – After a bad Sunday morning outing to Liberty State Park, Councilman Rich Boggiano is calling for a private entity to take over control of the park and "throw the state out."

Boggiano said he found that the 1,200-acre waterfront park features unpaved roads, "pathetic" restrooms and few food options for visitors who can't afford the Liberty House restaurant. He voiced his frustrations on Facebook yesterday afternoon and then reiterated them today to The Jersey Journal.

"It's a mess," the outspoken councilman said. "It should be the jewel of the state of New Jersey."

He added that he finds it "amazing" that the historic Central Railroad of New Jersey Terminal Building, battered in 2012 during Hurricane Sandy, remains closed.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... rivate_entity_to_tak.html

Posted on: 2015/5/19 2:14

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017