Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Saw a stolen bike sale and a drug deal in DTJC
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Per square foot, value in paulus hook is worth a lot more than property value in GV - on the same order as africa is bigger than omaha - that's a fact, not even estimates.

Omaha - 130.58 sq mi
Africa - 11.67 million sq mi

So properties in Paulus Hook are worth 90,000x the values of GV? Guess we should be taxing the shit of you, given you're full of it. Tool.

Sry, should I have said Asia to omaha? Love how that's the one thing you took from my post.

In any case, as with most things, the market will decide.

Omaha - 130.58 sq mi
Asia - 17.21 million sq mi

131,000x.

Posted on: 2016/2/16 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Per square foot, value in paulus hook is worth a lot more than property value in GV - on the same order as africa is bigger than omaha - that's a fact, not even estimates.

Omaha - 130.58 sq mi

So properties in Paulus Hook are worth 90,000x the values of GV? Guess we should be taxing the shit of you, given you're full of it. Tool.

Sry, should I have said Asia to omaha? Love how that's the one thing you took from my post.

It was the one thing that related to a fact, and wasn't drivel nor rhetoric.

The market will decide what? That bike thefts and drug deals won't happen in DTJC? Or have you lost the plot again?

Posted on: 2015/4/23 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Omaha - 130.58 sq mi

Posted on: 2015/4/23 0:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Omaha - 130.58 sq mi

Posted on: 2015/4/23 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I agree that no website, not even JCPD has a number which is 100% accurate that shows crime in every area of Jersey City. Every number is an estimate, even the UCR data. I can quote pages of estimated crime numbers - all based on reported crime in the neighborhood. All would show GV has higher rates of crime, especially violent crime than DTJC.

All you have are lines like "Greenville crime sells copy - and I'd bet much fewer people buy the JJ in DTJC than Greenville."

Can you link me to a study which shows the above?

But more importantly, what you don't understand is that variables affect both neighborhoods (umder reporting/over reporting of crime) and more importantly, degree matters. Meaning, we aren't arguing whether it's pronounced tomato or tomatoe. We are debating whether the continent of Africa is bigger than the city of Omaha. These estimated numbers aren't even close.

Finally, at the end of the day, I am doing a service by posting these figures in the hopes that a potential resident reads this and reconsiders moving to GV. I value human life, unlike some on this board.

I'd agree that "headline crime" and probably violent crime rates are likely higher in GV than DTJC. But DTJC has much higher property-related crime. Looking at the UCR stats N/S/E/W it's like being given the choices - do you prefer to have your house broken into - get mugged in the street - or live in bubble-wrapped room on the waterfront?

Personally, I ignore the headline crime - you've more chance of being hit by a truck.

Africa vs Omaha? Only in your head (and perhaps the JJ).

N/S/E/W don'r correlate to neighborhoods well. East, as defined by JCPD, includes areas west of i78 and also jsquare. I don't believe there is more property crime in DTJC than GV. Show me 07305 has less property crime than 07302. I don't live in "East" Jersey city. WTF is that? I live in DTJC - you do know no one says they live in the East District of JC right?

I live in paulus hook and I feel very safe. But my feeling is substantiated by crime stats as well as my property value. Per square foot, value in paulus hook is worth a lot more than property value in GV - on the same order as africa is bigger than omaha - that's a fact, not even estimates.

End of the day, doesn't even matter. And you claim to live in DTJC but have such positive things to say about DTJC - "bubble wrappred room" ? lol. It's okay to admit you live in GV.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
I agree that no website, not even JCPD has a number which is 100% accurate that shows crime in every area of Jersey City. Every number is an estimate, even the UCR data. I can quote pages of estimated crime numbers - all based on reported crime in the neighborhood. All would show GV has higher rates of crime, especially violent crime than DTJC.

All you have are lines like "Greenville crime sells copy - and I'd bet much fewer people buy the JJ in DTJC than Greenville."

But more importantly, what you don't understand is that variables affect both neighborhoods (umder reporting/over reporting of crime) and more importantly, degree matters. Meaning, we aren't arguing whether it's pronounced tomato or tomatoe. We are debating whether the continent of Africa is bigger than the city of Omaha. These estimated numbers aren't even close.

Finally, at the end of the day, I am doing a service by posting these figures in the hopes that a potential resident reads this and reconsiders moving to GV. I value human life, unlike some on this board.

I'd agree that "headline crime" and probably violent crime rates are likely higher in GV than DTJC. But DTJC has much higher property-related crime. Looking at the UCR stats N/S/E/W it's like being given the choices - do you prefer to have your house broken into - get mugged in the street - or live in bubble-wrapped room on the waterfront?

Personally, I ignore the headline crime - you've more chance of being hit by a truck.

Africa vs Omaha? Only in your head (and perhaps the JJ).

Posted on: 2015/4/22 23:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/22 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
So 07302 is more dangerous than GV now?

You have yet to show me any real facts, that are not estimates nor hot air, to prove that it isn't.

rofl. You remind me of Karl Rove in 2012 on election night when he denied that Ohio went to Obama. It's common knowledge that GV is more dangerous than downtown. EVERYONE knows it.

Most numbers are estimates - duh. But estimates are based on crime reports. You can argue that crime is under reported in dtjc but I can make the same argument for GV.

The comparison and numbers aren't even close though. GV is not just estimated to be a few crimes more dangerous than DTJC, the difference is staggering.

So we've gone to having "facts" to saying - "EVERYONE knows it". Still doesn't make it so.

Go to spotcrime. Select Jersey City. Click on any crime, then view source. Bet most are taken from the JJ. Greenville crime sells copy - and I'd bet much fewer people buy the JJ in DTJC than Greenville. Not see how that could distort the "estimates" if it's used to extrapolate from UCR data? No? And that's only one of many factors that can distort estimates. So, "Duh" right back at you.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

You have yet to show me any real facts, that are not estimates nor hot air, to prove that it isn't.

rofl. You remind me of Karl Rove in 2012 on election night when he denied that Ohio went to Obama. It's common knowledge that GV is more dangerous than downtown. EVERYONE knows it.

Most numbers are estimates - duh. But estimates are based on crime reports. You can argue that crime is under reported in dtjc but I can make the same argument for GV.

The comparison and numbers aren't even close though. GV is not just estimated to be a few crimes more dangerous than DTJC, the difference is staggering.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Posted on: 2015/4/22 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Let's not guess. Let's see what the methodology is:
http://www.areavibes.com/methodology/

Crime Rates

The 2 main categories of crime are violent crime and property crime. Within each category there are various types of crime. Violent crime includes: murder, rape, robbery and assault. Property crime includes: burglary, theft and vehicle theft. A total crime index is based on all total crimes. Higher weights are given to violent crimes as they are more severe. The score is calculated based on comparisons to both state and national averages.

Data Sources
-FBI uniform Crime Reports

Here's your argument - Sites use "meager" crime reporting data which may not present the whole picture. So hey, just because it was reported that there were 10 shootings in GV, doesn't mean there weren't 100 in DTJC. (Since we are just making up stuff, what makes one assume that the crime in GV is not UNDER Reported?). More importantly, even if we have actual numbers, our perceived safety is different than what occurs in the real world. For example, you may be walking past a gun fight and to some people, the whizzing of bullets may be soothing. Who knows? Who's to judge? Finally, even if there are actual numbers and someone perceives danger, most of it is gang related and none of us are gang members right. (Forget that almost all of the gang related shootings are in GV and BeLa and last I checked, bullets don't always hit gang members).

Great argument for GV. You might be wondering why I care so much? Well, people on this board give horrible advice and people moving to JC do come to this board to look for advice on neighborhoods to live in. GV is a crime ridden area of JC and dramatic things need to happen but can't happen if we all lie to ourselves. If we care about the safety of others, why would you ever recommend GV as a place to live for someone. I don't even think I would do that to an enemy of mine..

So you're agreeing on methodology? Areavibes gets the same UCR data as is published on the JCPD site - which is granular at the level of NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST, and doesn't publish it to the zip code level, never mind actual crime location. Areavibes zip code stats are estimates. Good.

I have lived in cities much worse than JC - and to characterise the whole of GV as crime ridden is a gross exaggeration. In the 15 years I've lived in 07302 - I've fallen victim to 2 serious crimes (admittedly property-related). My in-laws and their relatives who have lived in GV over the same period - zero.

But yes - feel free to share your GV insecurities - just don't pretend that they are facts.

I love it. First you say that crime is based on some sort of NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST division which mixes in several neighborhoods (which I proved based on JC's own description of those divisions) and then you go ahead and report that you've been a victim of crime in the ZIP CODE 07302 - which is all downtown. lolol. So 07302 is more dangerous than GV now?

No, I don't know that UCR data is granular and solely based on EAST, WEST, SOUTH, NORTH. I do know that when crime is reported on spotcrime and on nj.com, there are usually streets mentioned. Zip codes define neighborhoods pretty well also. It might not be a 1 to 1 ratio but it's pretty clear.

Also, via area vibes. Chance of being a victom of crime in Downtown is 1 in 74. In GV, 1 in 35. Looks like you were the unlucky 75th person. On average of course. But whatever - downtown is just as dangerous. Carry on.

downtown might as well be detroit too - both can be just as dangerous.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Let's not guess. Let's see what the methodology is:
http://www.areavibes.com/methodology/

Crime Rates

The 2 main categories of crime are violent crime and property crime. Within each category there are various types of crime. Violent crime includes: murder, rape, robbery and assault. Property crime includes: burglary, theft and vehicle theft. A total crime index is based on all total crimes. Higher weights are given to violent crimes as they are more severe. The score is calculated based on comparisons to both state and national averages.

Data Sources
-FBI uniform Crime Reports

Here's your argument - Sites use "meager" crime reporting data which may not present the whole picture. So hey, just because it was reported that there were 10 shootings in GV, doesn't mean there weren't 100 in DTJC. (Since we are just making up stuff, what makes one assume that the crime in GV is not UNDER Reported?). More importantly, even if we have actual numbers, our perceived safety is different than what occurs in the real world. For example, you may be walking past a gun fight and to some people, the whizzing of bullets may be soothing. Who knows? Who's to judge? Finally, even if there are actual numbers and someone perceives danger, most of it is gang related and none of us are gang members right. (Forget that almost all of the gang related shootings are in GV and BeLa and last I checked, bullets don't always hit gang members).

Great argument for GV. You might be wondering why I care so much? Well, people on this board give horrible advice and people moving to JC do come to this board to look for advice on neighborhoods to live in. GV is a crime ridden area of JC and dramatic things need to happen but can't happen if we all lie to ourselves. If we care about the safety of others, why would you ever recommend GV as a place to live for someone. I don't even think I would do that to an enemy of mine..

So you're agreeing on methodology? Areavibes gets the same UCR data as is published on the JCPD site - which is granular at the level of NORTH, SOUTH, EAST and WEST, and doesn't publish it to the zip code level, never mind actual crime location. Areavibes zip code stats are estimates. Good.

I have lived in cities much worse than JC - and to characterise the whole of GV as crime ridden is a gross exaggeration. In the 15 years I've lived in 07302 - I've fallen victim to 2 serious crimes (admittedly property-related). My in-laws and their relatives who have lived in GV over the same period - zero.

But yes - feel free to share your GV insecurities - just don't pretend that they are facts.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 23:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
DOG PATCH!!!! Lmfao HeightsBrat I think I love you. It's not us Dad, it's Roy lmfaoooooo

Dog Patch was that group of houses to the right as you entered the skyway, opposite American Can.

ahhhhhh I thought you were quoting the movie Overboard and got really excited.

Posted on: 2015/4/22 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BeatrixKiddo wrote:
DOG PATCH!!!! Lmfao HeightsBrat I think I love you. It's not us Dad, it's Roy lmfaoooooo

Dog Patch was that group of houses to the right as you entered the skyway, opposite American Can.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 23:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
07302 is most of downtown. Those two areas are part of downtown too. My original point was that zip codes better define neighborhoods than whatever "east district" encompasses.
I can agree with that for the most part. A good example is Montgomery projects is covered by the East but isn't Downtown it is a block or two outside the border.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
07302 is most of downtown. Those two areas are part of downtown too. My original point was that zip codes better define neighborhoods than whatever "east district" encompasses.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
As much as some on here hate to admit it all of 07302 is the original Downtown. I have noticed a misinformation campaign it seems by some to spread the word that this is not. Newer residents want to not include the area west of I-78 as a part of the neighborhood but it really is. Lafayette when I was growing up was considered a kind of sub Downtown like a DT version of Western Slope to the Heights but I won't say it officially is. Just like how I never heard of Bergen-Lafayette growing up, it always made no sense to create a hybrid neighborhood to me. It is like if one day the realtors come up with Downtown-JSQ or Westside-Greenville and it becomes so common it's tale about like one neighborhood lol

thank you!
Oh but I'm sorry if this kills your point also but 07310 is part of Downtown too it isn't only Newport with that zip code but the area North of the Holland Tunnel.

Don't forget about 07311, another zip code that is certainly part of DTJC. It is small, and mostly unknown to others. It is essentially the little peninsula/pier area east of Harborside Financial Center, where The Pier is located.
Didn't know that area had its own zip but you're right.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
As much as some on here hate to admit it all of 07302 is the original Downtown. I have noticed a misinformation campaign it seems by some to spread the word that this is not. Newer residents want to not include the area west of I-78 as a part of the neighborhood but it really is. Lafayette when I was growing up was considered a kind of sub Downtown like a DT version of Western Slope to the Heights but I won't say it officially is. Just like how I never heard of Bergen-Lafayette growing up, it always made no sense to create a hybrid neighborhood to me. It is like if one day the realtors come up with Downtown-JSQ or Westside-Greenville and it becomes so common it's tale about like one neighborhood lol

thank you!
Oh but I'm sorry if this kills your point also but 07310 is part of Downtown too it isn't only Newport with that zip code but the area North of the Holland Tunnel.

Don't forget about 07311, another zip code that is certainly part of DTJC. It is small, and mostly unknown to others. It is essentially the little peninsula/pier area east of Harborside Financial Center, where The Pier is located.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ZippyJC wrote:
I agree and will be trying this recipe. Thanks!

I will likely try it, too. I have two awesome recipes I will post as soon as I spot threads worth of bringing to a "bake end".

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

thank you!

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

thank you!

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
As much as some on here hate to admit it all of 07302 is the original Downtown. I have noticed a misinformation campaign it seems by some to spread the word that this is not. Newer residents want to not include the area west of I-78 as a part of the neighborhood but it really is. Lafayette when I was growing up was considered a kind of sub Downtown like a DT version of Western Slope to the Heights but I won't say it officially is. Just like how I never heard of Bergen-Lafayette growing up, it always made no sense to create a hybrid neighborhood to me. It is like if one day the realtors come up with Downtown-JSQ or Westside-Greenville and it becomes so common it's talked about like one neighborhood lol

Posted on: 2015/4/21 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Lmfao user. Thank you, also fukc you janetscottjersey for the uproar you caused, you low income twat. I'd rather live in Camden or Detroit than Newport. Christ can't we cut that off of JC and float that bitch out to Weehawken psshhhhh

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/2 20:56
From Jersey City. Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I agree and will be trying this recipe. Thanks!

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This is GREAT. I propose that, henceforth, all derailed JCLIST threads must be brought to a swift, conclusive end by posting a baking recipe.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Since this thread has derailed, with its usually crazy filled with hate posters I thought I share my favorite cake recipe..

Its the Mexican Chocolate Avocado Cake with Chocolate Avocado Buttercream Recipe

Ingredients
For the cake
2 disks Abuelita Mexican chocolate, chopped (if not available, substitute with 6 oz. of any high quality chocolate)
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup almond flour (almond meal)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups water
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 tsp. almond extract
1 large ripe, Fresh Avocado, cut lengthwise, pitted and mashed
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
For the buttercream
2 large ripe, Fresh Avocados, peeled and pitted
2 cups powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. almond extract
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Coat two 8" round baking pans with non-stick cooking spray and flour. Shake off excess flour.
Combine Mexican chocolate, cocoa powder and three tablespoons of water in a heat-proof bowl. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water, gently stir until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
In a large mixing bowl, combine both flours, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
In another bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, water, vinegar, almond extract, avocado and both sugars.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Whisk until fully combined and smooth, scraping the side of the bowls completely.
Divide batter between both baking pans. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.

For the Frosting:

Scoop avocados into a food processor, puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
Add powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and almond extract. Puree for another 30 seconds until combined.

Assemble:

Lay first cake on plate or cake stand. Scoop half of the buttercream on top and smooth to cover surface with a butter knife or an offset spatula.
Place second cake on top of buttercream and repeat with remaining buttercream.
Enjoy!

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Nope. http://www.njjcpd.org/east-district

The border of DTJC is the I-78 to the west. Not Garfield. Nothing beyond I-78 is DTJC. Also has parts of JQ Square in the east district.

DTJC is The Village, Exchange place, paulus hook, liberty harbor north, powerhouse arts district. the waterfront, harismus cove, hamilton park, van vorst park. I believe all have 07302 as a zip

Definitely not. I used to live in Newport and it was 07310. Based on your website, I would say DTJC is to 78 on the West, the Hudson to the East, Hoboken to the North and Liberty to the South.

Newport is not dtjc. Newport is newport

Posted on: 2015/4/21 17:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

The border of DTJC is the I-78 to the west. Not Garfield. Nothing beyond I-78 is DTJC. Also has parts of JQ Square in the east district.

DTJC is The Village, Exchange place, paulus hook, liberty harbor north, powerhouse arts district. the waterfront, harismus cove, hamilton park, van vorst park. I believe all have 07302 as a zip

Definitely not. I used to live in Newport and it was 07310. Based on your website, I would say DTJC is to 78 on the West, the Hudson to the East, Hoboken to the North and Liberty to the South.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 16:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Jersey_City-New_Jersey/crime/

I'd hazard a guess that you are equally likely to be a victim of crime almost anywhere in JC - if you factor out gang-related in-fighting.

You can guess all you want. The facts don't support your guessing. Kids around the world guess Santa Claus exists because they get presents but that doesn't make it true.

You are less safe in GV and BeLa than in DTJC. Period. That is fact.

Explain away the facts in the UCR then, which is probably the best set of stats we have available for JC, where East frequently tops the list.

http://www.njjcpd.org/node/5

DTJC is now known as EAST?

I thought neighborhoods were defined by zip codes...as 07302 is mostly DTJC and 07304 and 07305 is Bela and GV. Please show me that 07302 shows less crime, especially violent crime than 07304 and 07305.

Uh, Downtown is in the EAST DISTRICT. And since when is a neighborhood defined by a zip?

That JCPD website is in dire need of some updating! It still has information related to the Red Light Camera system, a program that went dark 4 months ago. Also, it features a ton of pictures related to the motorcycle. I thought I had read that division/group had been disbanded some time ago.

The city REALLY needs to consolidate all these disparate websites, and create and present a unified look and location for all city agencies, departments and offices. Right now, a citizen in search of information, answers or forms needs to do a lot of digging and looking around to find the correct website or page.

Posted on: 2015/4/21 14:50

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017