Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: DIXON LEASING-- US MASTERS RESIDENTIAL
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loco wrote:
How heartless can people be?

Its fine. If you don't agree, why respond?

Im here not to bitch but to seek anyone who needs help from our tenants group. Why so heartless just because you disagree with others?

Loco, I'm sorry to hear about you and your neighbors' difficulties with your landlord. I hope you are also reaching out to your elected officials - City Councilman Robert Cornegy, and the Housing Committee Chair at CB#3.

I would say, as a former NYC resident, that you are probably not going to get the response and support you are looking for on JCList. What my fellow posters are probably already aware of is that you live in the Stuyvesant Heights Historic District, the most desirable part of the quickly gentrifying Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood. JC does not have the same institutionalized political support for renters, especially - which I don't know that you or your neighbors are - rent stabilized or subsidized tenants. Particularly in neighborhoods undergoing a revitalization, which often (and admittedly not a blessing for everyone) means making room for more affluent new residents. There is more of an ownership appreciation in JC, with resident stakeholders more interested in seeing properties around them improved, and thus these residents have the politicians ear. It's very, very different than in NYC where politicians on the local level rely more on poor renters for political support.

As someone who works for an NYC agency, do, however, reach out to your elected officials. Gentrification - and their opposition to it on behalf of their bases - is a hot-button issue.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loco wrote:
Im here not to bitch but to seek anyone who needs help from our tenants group. Why so heartless just because you disagree with others?

If only this was true... But, alas, that is most certainly NOT the case. Your every post has been one long bitching session about Dixon. The problem with people like you is that you come across as an alarmist, "chicken little" type and you start to meander in your post by getting overly emotional. If you want to convince people, you need to make an impassioned but centered case.

BTW, you are not going to get much sort of support when, by most accounts, it seems like the Australians have been good and diligent in buying properties and renovating them. The biggest complaint against them has been the fact that they are flush with cash and can outbid the average buyer.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
It's called tough love. We are doing you a favor. If you take heed you'll be better off in the long run. Learn to look out for yourself in the future and do your due diligence instead of spinning your wheels blaming others in an effort to rectify this mistake of your past.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/15 14:28
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users
wow. how the hell were we to know that the boiler was ill maintained or that the building was infested with mice.

I came here to JC List to help other Dixon renters that might be having similar issues.

Clearly our help is not welcome here.

Yes, we are crying. We cry a lot over here. We cried when we discovered the child had lead poisoning.

Waaa Waaa is right. Seeing an agoraphobic senior who can barely walk dragged into housing court to proved she lived in her home contrary to Dixon accusations made me cry.

I have learned better. I now learned that you can look up buildings before you move in. I've learned that the HPD and DOB is corrupt. I've learned that people can be cruel and heartless.

How heartless can people be?

Its fine. If you don't agree, why respond?

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Waaa waa waaa!

Suck it up. Live and learn. Move on and make sure not to make the same mistakes again.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users
So you see nothing wrong with Dixon denying us basic services like a superintendent but have a problem with the fact that we just don't move out. There is no where for us to move... we have tried. Its called a housing crisis.

We can certainly debate how and why it is so but its doesn't remove the responsibilities of a building owner.

HPD and DOB of New York have just been busted for taking bribes and doing all kinds of illegal things. We are fighting for our lives here.

We moved into this place believing the former owners that they would give us a renovated apartment. When we arrived with the moving truck it was quite the opposite. But with our belongings outside we had no choice but to move in.

Its incredible that in being poisoned that you find it to be our fault and not of management.

Dixon used subpar construction tactics which caused a baby which didn't have elevated lead levels to now have high levels now.

How is the health of a child in debate here? Why should this mother now have to deal with the fact that management poisoned her child.

But at least you don't have cat urine.

Your oversimplification of our situation which you know nothing about is astonishing.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

loco wrote:
It must be nice to have the pleasure.

We live with mice, regular carbon monoxide emergencies, children with elevated lead levels, irregular heat, no superintendent...the list goes on and on.

Then why on earth do you stay in such a hell hole?

BTW: That could have described every building I ever purchased. However, since there was no rent control and I could charge rents to cover the renovation work, my stuff is all up to code with modern wiring, no lead paint in the apartments, and modern heating & A/C.

None of my tenants are rich. Some have fairly marginal incomes.. same as me back when I was their age.

The policies you are championing is what creates the horrible living conditions you are now experiencing.

+100

When will folks realize that rent regulation only makes things worse. It discourages new construction and re-investment, encourages legal gamesmanship, shrinks the rentable base, and makes life harder for everyone. Not to mention it transfer wealth from late arrivers to early arrivers. They don't have these problems in Boston or Chicago that did away with much of their rent regulation regimes over a decade ago.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loco wrote:

We live with mice, regular carbon monoxide emergencies, children with elevated lead levels, irregular heat, no superintendent...the list goes on and on.

Then why on earth do you stay in such a hell hole?

BTW: That could have described every building I ever purchased. However, since there was no rent control and I could charge rents to cover the renovation work, my stuff is all up to code with modern wiring, no lead paint in the apartments, and modern heating & A/C.

None of my tenants are rich. Some have fairly marginal incomes.. same as me back when I was their age.

The policies you are championing is what creates the horrible living conditions you are now experiencing.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 19:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users

They have owned the property for a year and in that time went from having 50 plus Housing violations to 119.

The Commissioner of HPD had no choice but to start a full on rare comprehensive court action because of their failure to properly register, the climbing violations and the health problems growing.

Im glad you no longer have to deal with cat urine but we have to deal with poisoned children.

Must be nice to turn the other way when your own needs have been met. And therein lies the problem with American society.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon bought up the run down cat-pissed soaked shit-hole next to my place and fixed up. Twice in fact.. they weren't happy with the first renovation job and did it over.

So instead of building that reeks of cat urine with a yard full of trash and dog crap (and a pit bull that kept trying to get through the window to eat my tenant's cat), I now have a decent property next to mine.

Dixon can keep buying up stuff as far as I am concerned.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 18:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users
And for those wondering my full name is Gabriel Hurtado
I live at 75 MacDonough Street Brooklyn NY
My tag name LOCO is what it is because I am crazy. I am crazed by what I see in my neighborhood. I am crazed by the fact that banks destroyed the economy and now they are destroying the housing market.

Say what you want but I am here to help anyone who is looking for it.... yes, I am from Brooklyn looking for Jersey peeps.

Stand UNITED

Posted on: 2015/4/14 17:50

DIXON LEASING-- US MASTERS RESIDENTIAL

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Brooklyn
Group:
Registered Users
HEY NEW JERSEY!

Do you live in a Dixon building? Are you having problems? Our Brooklyn tenants group is looking to help. Join the US Masters Residential Tenants Union & Crown Height Tenant Union.

We may live across the Hudson but we feel your hardship because we are right there with you.

Don't let your landlords push you around.

United we can fight these bankers. REIT are bad for America, bad for the middle class.

Join us.

Posted on: 2015/4/14 17:47

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017