Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Jersey City hotel tax expanded to include Airbnb, other short-term rental services
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
I can see the logic behind this law but how will the city enforce this? Are they going to peruse the Airbnb listings all day, try and guess how many nights actually got rented out and send a bill for a randomly determined amount of tax to the homeowners?

I also think a lot of homeowners who just rent out rooms for a few extra bucks every now and then but don't really need the money won't be listing on Airbnb anymore.

I also hope that if Candace Osborne and the city council have any sense, they won't do anything to Uber or Lyft and discourage them from being in Jersey City. Regular taxicabs here are a joke.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 12:16

Re: Jersey City hotel tax expanded to include Airbnb, other short-term rental services
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Just another tax on the small homeowner who rents apartments to tourists. During the same meeting the city raised the fees on dog licenses. There have been a number of fees increases under this administration including this administration keeping $31.5 million of overpaid water fees from the MUA.

Posted on: 2015/4/9 3:13

Jersey City hotel tax expanded to include Airbnb, other short-term rental services
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal

Tourists renting Jersey City rooms using sites like Airbnb will now pay the city's 6 percent hotel tax, thanks to a measure given final adoption by the City Council tonight.

The bill, spearheaded by Ward E Councilwoman Candice Osborne, essentially closes a "loophole" that allows tourists to visit Jersey City without having to pay hotel taxes, Osborne said.

Jarl Haugedal, who lives in the Van Vorst Park area of Downtown Jersey City, voiced his objections to the council prior to the vote. Haugedal, who used to own 50 apartments citywide that he rented to tourists on a short-term basis, thinks the council is dreaming of additional revenue but will end up seeing less.

Story

Posted on: 2015/4/9 2:40

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017